Identity

By nothingwillsuffice

"Through the bloodstained window, they could see fire. There were burnt buildings reduced to ashes, foreign s... More

Stranger
The Night
Temporary Comrades
The Mission
Training
An Old Friend
Business
Kekkei Genkai Training
Sasuke's Visitor
Sharingan
Reunited
Let's Move
Unleashed Power
That Fateful Day
Dream
The Ritual
I Want To Reach You
OVA: Date
OVA: Family
OVA: Growing Up
Sequel!

Together Finally

2.8K 109 21
By nothingwillsuffice

Gomenasai! Gomenasai! Gomenasai! Gomenasai! Minna I am sooo sorry. I've been incredibly lazy lately and did NOT feel like typing. Kakashi excuse, I know, maybe even worse, I know, but please forgive me! Here is the possibly last chapter. I might do OVA's.

(Sakura POV)

It's been six months since I turned 20. Six months since Hikari died. Six months since my brother died. My appearance has long since returned back to normal. I have yet to master sage power.

Naruto and Sasuke pursued me for a while, then ultimately gave up once I confronted them and told them everything that happened. Except, for the ritual.

I included my family's massacre, filling Naruto in on the event. I lied about how my brothers died and said we were ambushed. My brother and Hikari were taken down trying to protect me, and I barely made it out alive.

I was surprised but not so much when they actually bought the story. It was as if that battle we had never happened.

But that was 3 months ago. Now I live alone, in my family's home, looking for any clues as to who was responsible for the massacre of my family.

I know I already wiped out the people who moved in, but a couple of shinobi from the village came in afterwards, thinking everything was how they'd left it.

When I caught them, I beat them up and interrogated them, asking if there were any others out on missions.

They said there were, but one of them slipped up and told me that their boss, who was 50 years old, had left the village shouting murder.

They had thought he was mad, but when they came back and found their village gone with the village's blood on my hands, they realize what he meant.

I don't know how he knew I was coming, and I don't really care. I just want an explanation as to why he commanded a massacre, and his dead body at my feet.

I spoke about this to Naruto and Sasuke as well. Naruto, of course, wasn't too keen on the idea. And Sasuke had a blank-type knowing look on his face. He too, disagreed.

I thought about listening to them. I saw what revenge did to Sasuke. But this guy is different. He's not my family, and I won't regret his death.

I'm just undecided. Should I get revenge? Should I go back to Konoha? Should I focus on reviving my clan, like Sasuke?

All of these thoughts swirled through my head as I heard a knock on the door.

(Sasuke POV)

Naruto and I were at Ichiracku's for some ramen. While the dobe stuffed his face, I thought about how much better this occasion would be with Sakura here. Team 7 together again.

We tried everything. Sakura refused to return to the village with us. I thought about what we already tried, and what we need to try, but I came up with nothing new.

Until I remembered a certain day.

After the mission in Suna, Sakura and I stopped at an inn for the time being. That's when she told me about the massacre of her clan. Afterwards, we agreed on terms that if I didn't tell the others about her childhood, she owed me a favor.

I never told anyone.

I remembered that Sakura was to fulfill my request without question. Leaving no room for argument. I stood from my seat and started to head home.

Naruto followed me. "Hey, Teme, where'rya goin'?"

"...Hn..."

Naruto didn't respond to my response, but he continued to follow me so I assumed he understood. We arrived in my home and went to my room. That's when the questions came.

"So, what's this idea of yours?" I sat on my bed. "While you were eating I remembered an event from a while ago. After a joined mission I had with Sakura-"

"Joined mission with-!?"

"She told me about her family's massacre-"

"You already knew about-!?"

"She asked me not to tell any of you, she wasn't sure she wanted you to know. In exchange for keeping her secret, Sakura promised to fulfill a future request, from myself."

"Soo...what about it?" I sighed. I knew I should've spelt it out for him. "Sakura owes me a favor she can't refuse. I can request that she returns to the village and she has to come back."

"Oh, that's awesome! Yosh! I'm heading home to pack!" I smirked at the idiot blonde. His enthusiasm never ceased to be great.

Once the dobe and I were done packing, we set off in the direction of Sakura's home. She revealed it's location to us during our latest pursuits, and we assumed she would be there.

Within hours, we arrived at her door.

(Sakura POV)

I opened the door to be face to face with Sasuke Uchiha. It was a sight for sore eyes, I must admit. But my face remained blank and bored. He reflected my expression and we sat in silence for a moment.

"Sasuke."

"......."

"What are you doing here?" Just as he opened his mouth, a large bright blur zoomed towards me and caught me by surprise. I almost went flying into my wall, but stopped myself and the bright blur.

I looked up and smiled softly. "Naruto." He gave me his bright signature grin and enveloped me in a hug. I hugged him back as I heard my door close and another presence entered the room.

Naruto was forcefully removed from me by Sasuke who gave him a sharp look before directing his attention to me. "I believe you owe me a favor."

My happy mood was ruined. "What are you talking about Uchiha?" He stepped closer, much to my discomfort. "9 months ago, on our joined mission, we made a deal. In exchange for keeping your family's massacre a secret, you would do me a favor,"

"Of course, I kept your secret. Now you must fulfill a request," he leaned closer to emphasize, "without question."

I pondered for a moment. Yeah, I remembered when we made the deal, but what could Sasuke possibly want from me?

I looked back to Sasuke and noticed he was still close to my face. I was going to begin talking, when Naruto broke the prolonged silence.

"Alright guys, clearly there's something goin' on between you two so I'm just gonna give you some privacy." then he went into the kitchen and left us alone.

A large irk mark made it's way to my forehead as I glared at the wall in his direction. I took a deep breath and tried to calm the light heat in my cheeks.

I looked at Sasuke, who was about half a centimeter farther from me than before. I could've sworn I saw the faintest trace of pink on his cheeks, but it dissolved before I could be certain.

"I remember this deal we made. My only question: What do you want?" He smirked. Not a good sign. "Come back to the village with Naruto and I-"

"Okay-"

"Let me finish. You have to come back with us and stay. You will become a full fledged Konoha shinobi." I cringed. Dammit, he sealed the loophole.

He leaned that half a centimeter closer, and as I looked into his eyes, I could tell he was serious about this. I thought about it. I could flee, and avoid this confrontation altogether.

But they would just chase me until I gave up. The fact of the matter was, I didn't have a choice. A ideal's a deal. I sighed and nodded. He smirked to himself and backed away.

"We're leaving in three hours. Be ready." I scoffed. "You can't order me around in my own home, on my own soil, Uchiha." Before he had a chance to respond, Naruto came back into the room.

"Soo, you guys are done?" he walked over to Sasuke and nudged him with his elbow. "You satisfied Teme? Doesn't seem like ya got enough!"

Sasuke glared at Naruto and tripped him so he fell on the ground, which I was glad for. I snack away to my room to pack while I had the chance. Before I left I swear I saw the faint shade of pink on Sasuke's face....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I slung my backpack full of summoning scrolls on my back. All of my belongings that were not secretive or super important were put in my bag. Everything else, in a secret trunk under the house.

I planned on coming back to my family's home. Or, at least, force my children to. Sasuke said I had to become a full fledged Konoha nin. Not that my children had to.

I found another loophole. Whichever of my children inherits Mankai and/or my pink hair, will proceed to take over the Haruno clan. When they are old enough, they will rebuild my once great clan for me.

"Sakura! Let's go!" I was shaken from my trance by Naruto and his obnoxious yelling. "Alright, alright I'm coming! No need to yell baka." I walked over to them and we were on our way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
When we arrived in the village, there were no hugs, greetings, or smiles; for me at least. Naruto and Sasuke got the occasional 'hi' or 'hey' from some of our colleagues.

They took me to the Hokage Tower where I was enveloped in a bone crushing hug by my mentor, Tsunade. She forgave me for any illegal things I may have done, but didn't overlook them.

I was given home suspension for 3 months and Anbu and a room buddy would be watching me. I lost my apartment because I didn't pay my rent for 9 months.

I was assigned to live with Hinata, (she's the only person other than Lee I would except, and Lee has a crush on me so that was a no.) Naruto would occasionally come by, and sometimes so would Sasuke.

Turns out, Sasuke had home suspension too, and Naruto was his buddy. Only difference was, Sasuke was still on his suspension. He has been ever since the war ended, and will stay until two years and about two months from now.

Seems like he's gonna be restricted longer than myself. He's only allowed to leave residence when the Anbu guarding him are on missions and Naruto sneaks him out. So technically he's not allowed out.

Another thing: Naruto and Hinata are dating so they're always hanging out when the boys come over and Sasuke and I are forced to sit in the same room in awkward silence.

Other than that, life's pretty uninteresting. The others don't talk to me, don't even try, and I don't talk to them. Hinata has great hospitality and gives me everything I need.

When my suspension is suspended, I have to be tested for ninja rank. I'm pretty sure I'm going to land Anbu, but never hurts to be sure.

The only piece of the puzzle I haven't figured out is this: who is worthy enough to help me revive my clan?

(Kakashi POV)

I looked through the window to Hinata's house. Naruto was sitting on the couch with her, watching something and running his mouth.

I looked through the next window and see Sasuke and Sakura in the kitchen. Sasuke is reading a book, while Sakura works on some of her scrolls for either summoning or sealing.

It brought tears to my eyes. My team was finally back together..... Yosh! Better get back to work. I'm late for my meeting. Maybe I should say I followed a young man on the path of life...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Once again, gomenasai! I just feel like I can't say it enough. Anyway, crappy ending, I know, but it was kinda last minute, cuz there's not really a dead line, and I think it accurately wraps up the story. Also once again, I'm thinking about doing OVA'S for the book. So far I'm leaning towards it by far. Comment if you would like to read some OVA's. After I'm done with the ones I have in mind, I might even vibe open to suggestions. Just to give you a heads up. I'll let you know in the future.

I would like to thank all of you for the 20.1k views, and I hope you like my other stories. Arigatou and ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.4K 52
"In a world like this, only the weak perish while the stronger ones grow within power. There is no such thing as peace in this world." Aiyama scowled...
100K 6.2K 41
"Don't make this any harder than it has to be, Sakura." I swallowed hard, my body shaking. I can't believe this is actually happening. Who knew that...
221K 13K 23
Sakura was tired. So very tired. And it's not even the type of tired you feel after a sleepless night. Or the type you feel after exercising. It's a...
43.6K 1.5K 16
" Are you ready Sakura?" Naruto asked. " Yes!" Sakura said. Naruto multiple hand signs and a bright light engulfed Sakura. "...