The New Kids' A Player (Unrev...

By HippieMuffincakes

Heather Cruz has been minding her own business and laying low for the past year. But when a new kid by the na... More

Warning! Please Read Before Continuing
The New Kids' A Player: Part One.
The New Kids' a Player: Part two. (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Three. :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part four. (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Five. :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part...Six? (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Seven. :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part Eight. (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Nine. :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part Ten. (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Eleven. :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part Twelve (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Thirteen :D
The New Kids' A Player: Part Fourteen :)
The New Kids' A Player: Part Fifteen (:
The New Kids' A Player: Part Seventeen (':
The New Kids' A Player: Epilogue
Description For The Sequel: "Welcome To Cali".

The New Kids' A Player: Part Sixteen :)

5K 73 15
By HippieMuffincakes

Sup y’all?! :D There is only one chapter of this book left. :c You guys might hate me for the end of this chapter. All I can say is, expect the unexpected. xD

Oh! Shout out to MuahahaBubblez16 for her comment on the first chapter. xD I love all my fans so much. You guys are hilarious. <3

Song: Gives You Hell

By: All American Rejects

------------------------------------------------

~Heather~

“So we’re going to the beach tomorrow.” Jared told me as while leaning on the hood of Blake’s car trying to look macho cool. “Ya know, If you wanna come with us.”

I gave him a flirty smile. I knew Blake was watching, so why not flirt with the friend he trusted the most? “Sure. I’ll tell Jessica.”

Jared was pretty hot once you took the time to really look at him. He kinda looked like that kid from Twilight. Jacob Black? Can’t remember the actor’s real name. But he’s hot.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing, Heather?” Blake hissed as he stormed toward us, looking rather pissed if I may add.

“I’ll talk you later.” I winked at Jared as a began to walk away.

I tried to push past Blake but he grabbed my arm. “Do not flirt with my friends.” he hissed in my ear.

“Touchy, aren‘t we?” I pushed him back, making him loose the grip on my arm. Being manhandled by Blake is not something I find fun. He uses way too much force. Not sexy at all. “But don’t touch what you can’t afford.”

He leaned down so that our noses almost touched. He grabbed both of my wrist. “Stop trying to piss me off.”

“But baby,” I smirked at him. “It’s so damn fun.”

His jaw tightened as he dropped my hands. “You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.”

“Is that so?” I said in a mocking tone, face plastered with fake worry.

“It is.” he almost growling that.

Now THAT scared me a little. But I didn’t let it show as I stood my toes, putting my lips to his ear. “I’m not worried.”

“Get in the car, Jared!” he pulled his keys out of his packet and stalked to his car, glaring at me. I clearly got to him that time.

I blew him a kiss. “See you at the beach, babe.” 

--------------------

*After school*

--------------------

“Fuck. You. Lock. Er.” I bagged my head against my locker. Dammed thing wouldn’t open. I guess it’s my fault for forgetting my combination, but still! They shouldn’t make the codes so hard to remember. We’re High School students trying to get into our lockers. Not super Spies trying to hack the goddamn NASA firewalls.

“Do you need some help?” Zack was leaning on the lockers, smiling.

I stared at him. Taking in his clothes and how perfect he looked. Black skinnys with a slightly fitted plaid shirt. He even had the nerve to wear a huge ‘666’ belt buckle. It’s like forcing you to stare at his pants. And…you know what else. “It should be illegal for you to come to school like that.”

He frowned in confusion. “Excuse me?”

“Let me rephrase that.” I tried to open my locker again. “It should be illegal for you to come to school looking that damn hot.” I slammed my hand on the locker, getting mad at it again. “Plaid looks way too good on you, Zack. You’re making girls drool.” I laughed. Right when I said that, a Ginger walked pass gawking at Zack like she’d just seen a GUESS model. Well, I won’t lie, he does look like a model. Maybe not for GUESS, but you know.

He started blushing. “I doubt that.” he gently moved my hands away from the locker. He clicked some numbers and it popped opened.

I stared at him, confused. “How did you…?”

He bit his lip and started smiling. “Default code.” 

“Smart…” I nodded, opening my locker. Then I noticed shinny metal on his face. “You got snake bites?”

He shook his head. “I’ve always had then. I just don’t normally put them in.”

“Uhm, hi Zack.” some blonde haired girl giggled as she wiggled her fingers at him.

He gave her a small smile. “Hello.”

“Ohmygod! He talked to me!” she squeaked into her phone. Thank god he didn’t show all his teeth when he smiled. She would have passed out.

“Did Ashley send you to spy on him?” I said in a joking tone.

She gave me a dirty look before turning back to Zack. Can you say bitch? “Zack…I was wondering…do you wanna do something this weekend?” she giggled again. “Like maybe…go on a date? With me?” Well doesn’t she sound desperate. 

“Uhm…” Zack ruffled his hair with one hand, and put the other in his pocket. He looked confused. Pshh, like he doesn‘t know how hot he is. I crossed my arms and leaned on the locker, looking amused, waiting for him to answer her. This should interesting. His eyes flashed to me and back to Blondie. “Rain check, Alice?”

She smiled. “Sure! I’ll text you!” with that, she ran down the hall. Well…more like skipped like some sort of peppy cheerleader. Hell, maybe she is a cheerleader? Who the fuck cares.

“Looks like you’ve got girls are all over you now.” I chuckled. “Cheerleaders, soccer players, band chicks. You could basically pick your choice.”

“I’m only interested in one.”

“Hope she’s pretty.” I continued to look for a paper in my locker, not really paying attention to Zack or what I was saying.

“She’s not pretty. She’s beautiful.”

I froze, realizing what he just said. Wait a second… “Wait, what’s her name?”

He bit his lip looking down. “I’m sure you can guess.” he always has an innocent look on his face.

“I hate to intrude on such a touching moment but,” Jessica said in serious tone. “We seem to have a situation.” she handed me her phone. A photo of Blake and Kaylee against some lockers. I’m sure you can guess what they were doing.

“Oh not this bitch again.” I sighed, raising an eyebrow. “Where the fuck are the teachers in this school?”

“Watch your mouth Miss Cruz!” Mrs. Alley, our French teacher, hissed at me as she walked pass.

I face palmed.

Zack looked confused. “Heather…?”

“Oh!” I tangled my fingers in his. “Don’t you have AP classes today?”

He nodded. “I do.”

“Alright, I’ll…see you later?” I smiled at him.

“Sure.” I he said as he started walking backwards, holding onto my hand until he couldn’t anymore. He started blushing when I winked at him. So damn cute.

“Please kiss him and get it over with.” Jessica rolled her eyes. “You see how he’s dressing now?” she pointed to Zack walking down the hall. “He’s begging you to fuck him.”

I gave her a bored look. “Is sex ALL you think about?”

“No.” she flipped a chunk of hair out of her face. “I also think about clothes.”

I pulled her into a hug. “This is why you’re my best friend.”

--------------------

*Beach House*

--------------------

My Mother dropped me and Jess off with a glare. She didn’t fully approve of us sleeping in the same house with a bunch of guys. But, since it’s on one night and there ARE other girls going, she really didn’t have any grounds to stop us.

I’m sitting on the porch, staring at the waves hitting the sand. It’s really nice here. Quite, peaceful.

“If you weren‘t Blake‘s, I would definitely be all over you.” Austin said as he sat down next to me, smirking. Or is was peaceful. I rolled my eyes when he pushed my skirt up a little so that he could put his hand higher up on my thigh. He’s the caption of the Rugby team. I don’t know about you, but in my eyes, Rugby players equal yum. That’s probably the only reason I didn’t break his fingers.

“I’m not Blake’s anything. But it looks like you’re all over me, anyway.” I glared at his hand. 

He gave me a full out, teeth showing, blindingly bright smile. “Feisty.”

“You don’t know the half of it.” I smirked at him.

“I like it.”  he rubbed my leg. “Mmm. The things I would do to you.”

“Do share.” Oh great, Blake is here. Well, there goes the neighborhood. He sat down next to Austin, jaw tight.  “I’m very interested in knowing about these,” he pushed Austin’s hand off my thigh with a little more force than necessary. “Things.”

Austin shook his head. “What? Are you the only one allowed to speak to Heather?”

“Oh no. You can speak to her. But when you start touching and talking about ‘the things you’d do to her’, yeah, that’s when I step in.” he smirked. “Now walk away before I kick your ass right here.”

 “Alright. I give.” Austin stood up. “We’ll finish our talk later, Heather.”

“Sure, sure.” I gave him a bored smile.

Blake cracked his knuckles, shaking his head. “Be my girlfriend?”

“What?” my head snapped around to face him, eyes nearly bugging out of my head. Did I that wrong? I must have.

“Be my girlfriend.” he said more firmly. But this time, it wasn’t a question. “I’m so sick of seeing you flirting with other guys. It‘s annoying.”

I thought for a moment before smiling. But not out of happiness. I was smiling at him because he was totally blushing. Even though we all know about his uncanny skill to make himself blush. But this one looked real. I sighed. “Fine.”

The shy little boy look fell off his face. But was quickly replaced by a sexy grin. Uh-huh. Did I mention this kid is a player?  “I knew you wanted me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t push your luck.”

-----------------

*The Beach*

-----------------

One word.

ABS.

Like, a lot of them. Everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. Did I mention the fact that Blake looks 10xs better without a shirt on? Well, he looks 10xs better without a shirt on.

“Hot damn!” Jess lowered her sunglasses to stare at Kyle. He was flirting with…Lacy? I think that’s her name. She hangs out with Blake a lot. “Can you say yummy?”

“Yummy!” I screamed in Kyle and Lacy’s direction, throwing my hands in the air like I was at a party. He turned around and winked at me. Lacy waved, laughing. Huh. For a girl who hangs with Blake, she seems nice.

“Who’s yummy?” Blake said, shaking the water shaking out of his hair and slicking it back as he put his surfboard in the sand. He surfs? Yes, that most defiantly ups his hotness level. “Can I have a kiss from my gorgeous girlfriend?” he smirked at me, leaning down.

“Don’t try to bribe me with compliments.” I rolled my eyes. “You gotta work for kisses.”

“Sike.” he grabbed my face and pushed his lips to mine before I even knew what was happening. The kiss started out slow, soft, but it soon changed. It got more intense. He kissed me harder, with more passion. I could feel Jessica’s glare beaming on us, but I couldn’t pull away. Instead, I pulled him closer, tangling my fingers in his wet sandy blonde hair. His lips moved so skillfully, it seemed as if it was a melody. And soon, it had my lips dancing along with his. His hands slid to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to his body and, no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn’t pull away. Because this kiss felt good. It’s felt…right.

“Well damn! Can you give her her tonsils back?” Jess chuckled, but I could hear the nervousness and discomfort in her voice.

 I mentally thanked her for the distraction as I pulled away from Blake, completely out of breath. Damn…that was intense. “Uhm…”

Blake grabbed the sides of my face, pulling it toward his to lightly kiss me one…two…three more times. “I’ll see you later, babe.” he kissed my forehead and stared jogging down the beach toward where Rick and Jared were playing football.

I laid back in the chair throwing my hands over my face, trying to catch my breath. “Wow.” I said mostly to myself.

Jess smacked my arm. “The hell was that?!”

“That,” I put my hands down and smirked at her.  “That was Faze Two being completed.”

----------

We were back in the beach house. Me and Jess were changing into dresses. Well, she was putting on a dress. I was wearing jean shorts and a navy blue strapless baby doll top. I’d pulled my hair into a messy side braid, with a red flower that I’d gotten from Austin sticking out of it. The color was nearly the same shade as my signature red nails. Speaking of my nails, I need to re-paint them.

Jess stepped out of the bathroom in a deep purple dress and tan wedges. Her big blue eyes were lined in the smallest bit of dark brown eyeliner and shimmering sliver eye shadow, with long black lashes sitting a centimeters above it. She had no powder on her face, which was rare, but she looked really pretty. Her white-blonde hair was in loose curls, hanging on her shoulders and down her back. It really had grown a lot since we’d started this stupid game with Blake.

“I want Rick back.” she said firmly.

I smiled at her. I knew it was only a matter of time before she got tired of flirting with guys. That, or seeing him talk to other girls. “Of course you do.” I gave her a smile that said ‘I know something you don‘t’. “Talk to him tonight. Tell him you love him.”

“I plan to.” She nodded at me before point to a par of 3 inch dark brown platform wedges similar to hers. “Put those on and work the hell out of them. I wanna see Blake drooling over you.”

I rolled my eyes her joyful tone. “Let’s go.” 

----------

We all went walking down the boardwalk. Taking pictures, eating ice cream, laughing. Just living. Blake and I have been holding hands the whole time. Which was weird. But it was nice. He would playfully kiss me on the cheek and pick me up bridle style, turning us in circles until I got dizzy. I’d kicked my shoes off and left them with Jess before Blake and I started walking down the beach by ourselves, holding hands. He was telling me about his life, before he moved. I couldn’t help but smile at him. It was like he was a totally different person here. Probably the beach that’s making him act like this. He said it reminded him of home. Of California.

“Do you miss your family?” I asked him. He’d told me that he was very close to his family until they moved. Then they sort of drifted apart.

“A little, of course.” he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, taking a deep breath before he kissed my hair. “You smell like raspberries.”

I laughed. “My shampoo.”

“I like it.” he said before stopping and turning toward the water. I looked up at him, confused. But he wasn’t paying attention to me. He was staring at the water, clearly thinking about something. I could tell by the look on his face that his thoughts were far away from this beach. Probably on a completely different cost.

“You haven’t gotten in the water.” he said suddenly.

I shrugged. “Eh.”

“Alright. Looks like we’re gonna have to do this the hard way then.”

I looked up at him. He was smirking. I gave him a confused frown. “Wha--AH! Blake! Put me down!” he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He was jogging toward the water now with me kicking him in the stomach. Which kind of hurt, because…ya know, he has abs. “Blake Chance! Put me down, now!”

He started laughing. “You sure?”

“YES!”

“Fine.” I heard a smirk in his voice. I realized why when I was flying through mid air, screaming at the top of my lungs. One of the mane disadvantages of being little…people can throw you far distances easily. I realized that when I hit the middle of the water.

“Blake, when I get out of here, I‘m kicking your ass!” I screamed when I got back to the surface of the water. I thought we were having a sweet fucking moment and he pulls some shit like this!? UGH. This is why you don’t trust players. Someone grabbed my face and whipped the water away from my eyes. I realized it was Blake. “Dick.” I smacked his arm with at much force as I could.

He laughed. “Yes. I have one.” and there is the old, player, cocky, stupid Blake that we all know and hate. Just when I thought I was getting through his walls. “You’re not scared of jelly fish, are you?”

My eyes grew wide. “There’s jelly fish in the water?”

Have gave me a look that made me feel a little dumb. “Yeah?”

“The Devil’s a liar. The Devil is a goddamn lair.”

He frowned. “No. Look.” he pointed to a little purple-ish pink jelly fish floating next to us.

I screamed, like loud. REALLY loud. I also jumped into Blake’s arms like a scared little girl. I hate jelly fish, okay?! They’re scary as fuck! Did I mention that it‘s starting to get dark? This water isn‘t clear in the first place, add darkness and you might as well be swimming in mud. “Why the hell aren‘t you moving?!” I wrapped my legs around his waist, clinging to him for dear life. Not that it would stop any jelly fish from stinging me but it made me feel better.

“Probably because I really like this position.” he chuckled. He gave me a light peck on the lips.

“Jerk.” I mumbled when he pulled back.

 He gave me a grin. But not his normal cocky grin. This one was different somehow. He turned he bicep toward me. There were four long scars going around his arm that looked kinda like…bacon strips? Why had I not noticed that before?  “I lived in Hawaii once. I got stung all the time.” he shrugged. “No big deal.”  

“You lived in Hawaii?” I frowned at him. He hadn’t gotten that far in his family history, clearly. Hawaii and California…where’d he get the accent from? Oh! I remember. His Mom has one. Never mind…

He smiled at me. “Where do you think I learned to surf?”

“I didn’t really think you knew how…” I bit my lip.

“You don‘t pay attention.”

He sounded kinda snarky when he said that. “Or maybe I just don’t care.” I challenged him.

He gave me a half smirk, looking pretty evil; but sexy at the same time. “Maybe I should drop you in the water with the jellies?”

“NO!” my arms tightened around his neck.

He smiled and started walking farther into the water. I’m sure he could tell by the look on my face that I didn’t like this fact. But what could I really do? No way in hell I was swimming back to the beach. Not with jelly fish just straight chilling in the water. “Calm down, Heather. Nothings to happen.” he brushed some hair away from my face. “Do you trust me?”

I snorted a laugh. “Hell no.”

“That’s expectable.” he shrugged. “Harsh, but expectable.”

“Do you trust me?”

He thought for a second. “Yeah. I do.”

“You shouldn’t.” I smiled at him.

He leaned his head toward mine. “I’ll take my chances.”

He kissed me.

And you know those sparks people always talk about?

Yeah. There were none of those. His lips did feel nice though. It wasn’t anything like the first kiss. No. This on was sweet and controlled. It was nice.

Something slimy swam passed my leg, “Blake,” I pulled out of the kiss, looking in his eyes. “Get me out of this damn water before we end up on an episode of when jellies attack.”

He laughed. “You are aware that these jelly fish don’t have tentacles, right?”

I glared at him. He knew what he was doing the whole damn time. “You prick.”

“Yeah,” he smiled. “But you like it.”

“Yeah, you wish.”

“Ya know, Heather. I really do like you.” he gave me a blinding smile. This time, I kinda thought he was sincere. Maybe it was the smile that wasn’t filled with cocky bitterness, maybe it was the gentle tone of his voice. Or maybe it was the look in his eyes. The look that let me know I’d finally broke through a wall. A wall that led straight to his heart. He kissed my cheek and whispered, “I can honestly see myself falling for you.”

I smirked at the darkening sky. Silly little boy. You never fall for a player.

----------

*Three weeks later*

----------

Me and Blake have been “dating” for three weeks now and he’s been acting the exactly the same as when we were at the beach. Which was weird. I half expected him to go back to flirting with girls and being a jerk. But as far as I could tell, he wasn’t. Every girl in the school who didn’t hate me already, hated me now. Jessica and Rick FINALLY got back together . You can tell how happy they are together. If I had to guess, out of all the couples in this school, I would say Jess and Rick are the ones who are going to get married when they graduate. And Zack? Well, nothing has changed. Other then the fact that he kisses me on the cheek every now and then when Blake isn’t around. It’s pretty obvious how I feel about him. Blake is the only dummy who can’t see it.

I leaned on my doorframe, in my shorts and tank top that I’d threw on in a hurry. My messy hair hanging down my shoulders, tiny strands blowing in the evening air as I waved to Jared’s car pulling out of my driveway. I’m sure you can guess what happened fifteen minutes before. I’m a hoe. I know I am. But only when it’s completely necessary. And sleeping with Jared, was completely necessary.

I heard tires screeching around the corner just as I turned to close the door. I peered out the door and saw a cherry red Camaro screeching around the corner. I smiled. This plan worked even better than I expected.

The Camaro’s tires hissed as Blake skidded into my drive way. He jumped out, slamming his door. His face was red, his hair was a mess, his hands were clenched into tight fist. Well he certainly isn‘t happy. “Why the fuck is Jared leaving your house, Heather?!” he yelled from the bottom of my drive way. I just looked at him with a bored expression. When I didn’t reply, he stormed to where I was standing. “Answer me, Heather. Now.” he hissed in my face, pinning me against the doorframe.

I smiled, despite the fear I was feeling. Blake has been mad at me, but never THIS mad. “You want the truth or the lie?” I asked in a fact sweet voice.

He slammed his hand against the wall above my head. “You know damn well which answer I want. Don’t play with me right now, Ray.” he hissed the nickname Zack gave me. How’d he know about that…?

I saw my neighbor across the street open her curtains to be nosy. Freaking creeper. “Can we go inside? I don’t need my neighbors to see…this.”

He let out a bitter laugh. “Oh, so your boyfriend can’t be seen by your neighbors, but Jared can be? Bullshit.” he pushed past me and walked into the living room.

I closed the door, locked it, then walked into the living room. Blake was on the couch with his head in his hands. “Blake?” I touched his shoulder.

He jerked upward suddenly. “I love you.” he said almost too fast for me too hear. “And I honestly mean it this time. No games, no lies.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Are you drunk? Cause the way you were driving…”

“No Heather! I am not drunk.” he started pulling at his hair. Well, he’s clearly frustrated. “I’m in love. And I don’t know what the hell I doing. This has never happened before.” he said that last part to himself.

I had to fight back a laugh. He looked so vulnerable. That’s something I’d never seen on Blake’s face before, the helpless look, I mean. “You love me?”

“Wasn’t that what I just said?” he snapped at me. He saw me flinch at his sharp tone. “Sorry, babe. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. I’m so sorry. Oh god…” he put his face in his hands.

He’s serious. That just proved it. I have never heard Blake EVER say the word ‘sorry’. Apologizing  for Blake, is like dipping a vampire in holy water. It’s like acid on his lips, so he said.

That means this is it. The moment me, Jess, Rick, and Kyle have been planning for. The moment I wasted the last few months of my life waiting for. The moment I’ve been craving to witness since Jessica uttered the words “I had sex with Blake”. So why couldn’t I bring myself to say the words that would break his heart? The words that would finally bring this game an end?

“But you don’t believe in love, right?” he stared at me, eyes pledging. Begging me to tell him that I was lying that day in the hall.

“I…” I sighed. It’s time to bring an end to this. Time to give him a taste of what he’s done to every girl he’s ever dated. I took a deep breath. “Jared was here because I slept with him.”

Blake froze for a moment before his eyes started flashing with emotions. Emotions which I could read every crystal clearly. Pain, anger, and maybe even a little sadness. “So you slept with my best friend?” he nodded to himself. I could be wrong, but it looked like he was about to…cry? “Great way to break my heart, Hevs.” he let out a bitter laugh. “But I guess that’s not the first time you’ve broken a heart that way, huh?”

I stared at him. “What is that supposed to mean?”

That very second, someone knocked at the door.

“That’s your answer.” he let out another bitter laugh. “You better get that.” he said before mumbling something about the Devil in French. Oh yeah. He speaks French. Too bad he’s a player or he would have been the perfect boyfriend. Such a waste.

I shook my head as I walked toward the door. I swung it open to find a guy in a leather jacket standing there with his back to me. “Expensive car in the drive way, a guy’s heart just got broken.” the guy turned around with his arms crossed. “Looks like you’re up to your old tricks again.” he smirk. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it, Heather?”

I don’t know how, but I managed to move my lips. “Matt.” Oh, and you’ll never believe who’s standing next to him, smirking just like the Devil.

Zack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: Did cha see that coming? Probably not. ;) Alright. Bring on the threats and the name calling. xD

I just love reading all the comments y’all leave me. Even the smurf throwing/cookie monster/jumping into the book threats. xD

Vomment and fan! I love you for reading!

                                                                                   -Lexi Rain<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
214K 6.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
2.6M 75.1K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...
8.2K 207 27
Life can be so complicated. But it's more complicated for Brianna or Brie for short. Everyone thinks that Brie has it all, fame, wealth, friends and...