Don't Look Back (Sequel to Th...

By MermaidPearl

The sequel to The Alpha's Mate. You might have to read the first book to really understand, but if you don't... More

Don't Look Back (Sequel to The Alpha's Mate)
Chapter two
Happy Fathers Day!!!!!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
*Little Rant*
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
not another chapter
Chapter 14!
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Christmas
Chapter 21
Obviously, not another chapter.
The Truth

Chapter 18

1.2K 67 3
By MermaidPearl

Hey guys! Most of this chapter is what the book 'The Prophecy' says, so I recommend you do not skip this part if you want to have the next chapter make sense. Even if it gets boring, which it probably will, this is a boring chapter....

______________________________________________________________________________________

 Chapter 18:

I starred at Jasper, not knowing what to say.

I wanted to cry, I wanted so badly to cry. I just ruined the first normal friendship I would have had here. Except for Kayden, but he doesn't count. I mean, Kayden I could see as a relationship type of Guy. But Jasper, I really thought we could be friends. But now that he knows what kind of monster I am..

I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to be my friend either.

"I'm sorry." I finally said, meaning what I meant.

I turned back to the lady, threw her money down on the desk she was sitting at, and ran out of the library with the book in my hands.

"Wait!" Yelled Jasper.

I just kept running. I knew I was a monster. I knew I would never have a normal life again, but I thought I could atleast try.

But sadly, people like me don't get second chances at life. MONSTERS like me, never get second chances at life. Why? Because, they don't die.

Oh my gosh, I'm going to live forever.

I ran faster and faster, but Jasper was right behind me. My superhuman speed wasn't helping me here, at least, not a lot.  I quickly ran down to the beach and hopped into the water. Nobody was watching anyways, so it was safe. I swam and swam for at the most, twenty minutes. Then I found a little patch of land, not very big. Well, it was big enough for three houses. If, you tore down all the trees. And surprisingly, it was abandoned. This place was beautiful, all nature, and no houses or buildings, or any civilization. I dragged myself on shore and looked back. Wow, I must be far from the beach, because all I could see was the ocean.

I quickly dried off and almost jumped when I changed back and the book was laying in my lap, as dry as could be. Huh, I guess I took it with me. I cris-crossed my legs and opened the book to the contents.

Chapter 1:  Secret Romance

Chapter 2: The Awnser

Chapter 3: A Child Is Born

Chapter 4: Lies

Chapter 5: Runaway

Chapter 6: A New Beginning

Chapter 7: The Nightmares

Chapter 8: The Choice

Chapter 9: Her Awnser

Chapter 10: The World Tomorrow  

I flipped the page to chapter one and began to read, although I hate romance novels and movies.

Chapter 1: 

    Long ago, all the supernaturals lived in peace, but not together. The mermaids kept to the sea, the vampires kept to the dark caves, witches kept to the mountains, and werewolves kept to the deep parts of the woods. There was peace in the world of he supernaturals, but that all changed when she was born.

Crystal Vanguard, daughter of the king of vampires- Vincent Vanguard, engaged in a criminal act with Chase Mullan. One night, Crystal snuck out of the castle and met up with Chase. They fell in love, and eventho they were forbidden, they made love.

The elders found out, and were not happy, nor was her father. She told her father, she was forced and snuck out to go to a party, and he believed it. Chase was banished from his pack -.............- and became a rouge.

Since then, he started his own pack, and became the toughest and most feared pack in the world.

But a month later, Crystal told Chase she was pregnant. The king did not like this, and threatened she either abort, or be disowned, she had to choose.

I didn't hesitate to quickly start reading the next chapter.

Chapter 2:

Although she hated Chase on the outside, she still had feelings for him. She would not hurt this baby, so, she was disowned and kicked out of the castle. And he mother banished her from the sea. There was only one place left to go... Chase's.

Her and Chase lived together for four years. He catered to her every need, being the man every girl wishes for. He couldn't wait until she gave birth, he could finally have a family again. Little did he know about her horrible plans...

Chapter 3:

She gave birth the first year to twin girls, whom they named Christina and Claire.

I was shocked. This book is talking about my family. Mom's last name was vanguard? Seriously?  They had a one nights stand... you have to be kidding me.

Claire was born with blonde hair and blue eyes, and was obviously a full mermaid. Its easy to tell because when mermaids are born, you tell by what they look like. No matter what they look like when they grow up, all mermaids are born with blonde hair ad blue eyes. But Christina, was born with brown hair and blue eyes. That shocked everyone, because that meant she was half werewolf, half mermaid. Everyone knew, at that moment, this child would have a twisted life ahead. Nobody knew, that she would grow up to be the most powerful creature in the world. She had every power you could imagine.

If this book hadn't been right so far, I would have laughed. Me? The most powerful creature in the world? I think I should read on now.

Chapter 4:

Chris grew up, without her father. He mother took her when she was three, but not Claire. Was it because of what she was? Was it because she didn't love Claire? No, it wasn't that. Crystal loved Claire more than anything, but I can't say the same for Christina. By this time, the king found out about Christina and her hidden power. He told Crystal if he didn't hand her over after she shifted, she would find Claire and kill her.

Crystal agreed right away, and didn't hesitate. She loved Claire more than anything, and didn't want her in harms way.

Christina shifted, and found her mate. But that wasn't her only mate, she has three. One a werewolf, as she already knew. One a vampire, and one a mermaid werewolf - mix.

Christina found out about her mothers lies, and couldn't handle everything.

Chapter 5:

She left. Her mate, her brothers, her sister, and her so-called friends.

She ran as soon as she found out about everything. I don't blame her, who would want to stay where your not told the truth, and given lies to your entire life?

Little did she know, danger was very close to her, and her sister was pulled into the mess. Being held captive under the kings watchful eye, along with her mother.  

Christina, was why. Nobody could find her, she had vanished. At least, that's what everyone thought.

Chapter 6:

She started a new life for herself, even had a daughter. It was great for a while. She made new friends, started a new relationship, and forgot about everyone back home. She had a great new life. Even figured out how to control the weather, move objects, and teleport. All thanks to one helpful librarian.

Now that confused me. What did that creepy, multi personality, librarian have to do with me and my powers? And more importantly, I can teleport? And move objects? And control weather? Seriously, that's impossible!

Life couldn't have turned out better. That was, until the nightmares came..

Chapter 7:

She kept having nightmares, over and over and over again. Sometimes they were the same, her grandfather, counting down the days. Other times it was people, people she never even met, beating her. It went on like that for two weeks, then they stopped. And a new nightmare started... a real life nightmare.

Chapter 8:

She woke up, after having her last nightmare before the new one started, and got ready. Her daughter went to school and she left for work. Her daughter came home, knowing that Christina wouldn't be there, and unlocked the door. But when she walked in, she expected it to be empty. It wasn't. Two men stood there, same black hair, same bright green eyes, they looked exactly alike. They grabbed her before she could get out a word, and shoved a wet rag in her face and she went limp. The one caught her before she hit the ground and waited.

A half an hour later she came home, and saw the door cracked open. She didn't know why, but had a feeling it wasn't good. She swung the door open and saw first the men, then her daughter asleep in the mans arms.

She went with the men to the vampire kingdom, she had to if.she wanted to keep her alive. And there she met her grandfather for the first time since she was born. By this time, her vampire side had been begging for days to be let out.

"Join me." He whispered. "Join me, we can rule together. Vampires will rule this weakling of an earth, and you, my dear, can be the queen."

"And if I don't?" She asked, although her dark side was so very close to surfacing.

He smirked. "Then it will be the end of your daughter."

I gasped, and flipped the page. Chapters 9 and 10 were blank. The book wasn't finished. Wanting to see who made it, I flipped the book over and paled when I saw her face.

It was the librarian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 120K 61
Throughout her life, Nora's parents have been nothing but drunk, horrible people. One night, she decides she cannot take it anymore, so she runs away...
752 0 27
I'm done with this bullcrap. I'm done being beaten by the very people that I know are supposed to protect me. So I ran. I felt like no one was chasin...
85.5K 3.5K 16
*This is a sequel to Her Beta, so some things that you read in this story may not make sense if you haven't read the first one. I would love it if y...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...