Marcel

By _smilelikeniall

My name's Marcel. Nerd. Poet. Teenage Loser. You think you know the real me, but you don't. I wish you could... More

Marcel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Pease read, not a chapter
IM SO SORRY
Chapter 19 FINALLY
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Not an update, I'm sorry
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Just to Clarify
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
10M CONTEST!!!
Contest Winners
Chapter 45
Epilogue
NEW FANFIC
Announcement!
ANNOUNCEMENT
RTF IS OUT!

Chapter 43

259K 9.7K 1.9K
By _smilelikeniall

A/N: If you realize any words that are missing the letter k, it's because the k on my keyboard sometimes doesn't work and I don't realize it. lol

Marcel's POV

I pour some milk into my coffee, watching the colors swirl until it's a light shade of brown. I walk over to Cami and sit beside her in the booth. She holds her hot chocolate between her hands and snuggles into my shoulder.

“Berklee,” she whispers before taking a sip of her drink, “Can you believe it?”

I shake my head, “I thought I'd be without you for the next few years. But we'll be so close.”

“We can study together, see eachother everyday. We can meet new friends and maybe go to parties,” she says, nudging my ribs.

“Parties? Me? No,” I say jokingly.

“Maybe the inner bad boy will come out.”

“Pretty sure tattoos are the baddest thing that will come of me.”

She giggles, “You're probably right... Did you ever think this is what your life would be like? Did you think you'd be going to Harvard? I always thought I'd become a teacher... But now I'm becoming a music therapist. It's weird how things change...”

“I've kind of always had my future picked out... Business runs in the family, so it was kind of picked out for me... I want to become a writer, maybe I will write a book someday...”

“I think you'd be a good writer. You could write about all your experiences and help teens...”

I stay quiet and think about that, “You think so?”

She nods, “It'd be a number one best seller,” she says smiling.

“I highly doubt that.”

“If you don't write a book, it'll be one thing you'd regret.”

Maybe I will write a book. Maybe I'll share my stories with teens and help them through their problems.

But maybe I'll just keep it a dream.

When the rain has stopped and we've finished our drinks, we drive to Cami's house. We're going to tell her mom the news about Berklee.

She looks over at me as we pull into the driveway, “Don't tell my mom. I'm going to act upset, you should too.”

I nod and park the car.

“Do I look sad?” she asks, changing her facial expression.

I give her a thumbs up and hold her hand as we walk to the door. She puts her head on my shoulder, adding affect.

I slowly turn the doorknob and walk inside. Cami's mom is in the kitchen, I can hear her washing the dishes.

“Sit on the couch,” Cami whispers to me.

I lead her over to the couch and sit down. She snuggles her head into the crook of my shoulder and I rub small circles on the palm of her hand.

Mrs. O'Donnell comes downstairs.

“Hi, Marcel!” she says happily. She notices Cami and whispers, “Is everything okay?”

She sits across from us and frowns.

“Mom, I found out about Berklee...”

“You did?”

Cami slowly nods.

“Want me to tell her?” I ask, trying not to smile.

“Mom... I... I... I have a full scholarship to Berklee!!!” Cami shrieks.

“You do!?”

Cami nods her head quickly, “Why didn't you tell me that The Fray were trying to get me in!?”

“I didn't want you to get your hopes up. Cami, this is fantastic!!!”

“I know! I can't believe it! And Marcel and I will be 10 minutes away from eachother!!”

Her mom envelopes her into a tight hug, swaying back and forth.

“I'm so proud of you, sweetie!!”

“Thanks, Mom,” Cami says into her mom's shoulder.

Sam walks downstairs and sits beside me.

“What's going on?” he asks.

“Cami got accepted to Berklee,” I tell him.

“I already knew that.”

“You did?”

“Yeah, but don't tell her. Mom told me someone was trying to get her in. I knew she'd get in, she's talented. Don't tell her I said that though,” he whispers.

“I won't...”

I've only talked to Sam a few times. He tries to put on a tough guy act, but he's a really sweet kid. I've seen him at school, talking to the quiet kids or making someone laugh. He's just like his sister.

“I heard you proposed to my sister?” he asks.

“I didn't propose, it's just a promise ring.”

“Well, you better propose in a few years. I don't want her with anyone else. I like you, Marcel. You're pretty cool.”

“Thank, Sam. You're not too bad either.”

“Hey, I'm fantastic. But look, if you break up with her, I'll find you. She loves you.”

“I love her too. Don't worry, I don't think we'll break up.”

*

Dear Cami,

I love you today. I'll love you tomorrow. I'll love you until the end of the Earth.

Today is May 20, four days until we graduate. We're 18 years old.

If you ever read this, I hope you read this with a smile on your face. I hope you're not reading this while you're sad.

I hope while you're reading this we are still together.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are the reason for the smile on my face. You are the reason I am happy.

Do you remember that time I got stuck in the rain? It was a few days after we met. I've never told anyone this, but if you didn't pick me up at the bookstore, I was going to kill myself. But because of you I didn't. I waited a little bit longer.

Now look where that has gotten me. :)

And our first kiss. It was so awkward, yet amazing. I'd never felt butterflies in my stomach like that. They tickled, but in a good way. Then, every time I thought of you, I couldn't help but smile. I wanted to be with you all day, everyday. I didn't want to be without you.

And I never want to be without you.

So by the time you read this, it may be in twenty years. We may be old and wrinkly, or we may be young adults.

But no matter how many years, I hope we're still in love.

I love you, Cam.

Sincerely yours,

Marcel

I fold up the piece of paper and seal it into a white envelope. I place it in a shoe box and wait for Cami to finish writing her letter.

We're at the lake, sitting on the dock. Cami is sitting across from me, her pen quickly writing across the paper.

I wonder what she's writing about.

When she's done, we fill the box with pictures and trinkets. I put in a rock from the lake. She puts in the wrinkled stub from The Fray concert. A song I wrote. A guitar pick. One of my tapes. A fortune from when we went out for Chinese.

We tape the box shut and dig a hole in the ground. We chose the lake because it's our special spot. In a few years, we'll come back to this spot and dig up the box. It will bring back a bunch of memories, some we may have forgotten and some we may still remember.

Cami's POV

Dear Marcel,

Hi. It's Cami. It's May 20.

I've never been very good at writing letters. You've always been the writer. I apologize if this letter is horrible, but maybe it will be the best thing you've ever read.

I remember the first day I met you. You were pushed down in the hall, and your glasses fell off. You seemed so scared.

I asked about you. I didn't know your name, but everyone seemed to know you. They referred to you as the “smart guy” or “Mars.” They didn't tell me much other than that.

I made a decision that I wanted to know more about you.

I'm glad I made that decision. You are the nicest, funniest, and smartest person I have ever met. I never thought I'd meet someone who was genuinely nice to everyone, but you proved me wrong.

It always astounded me that no matter how much you were bullied, you were still kind to everyone. Never once were you mean.

You make me a better person. You know how people say there's someone who brings out the best in you? Well, you bring out the best in me. You inspire me and make me so happy.

I don't know what I'd do without you...

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are amazing. That sums it up. You're my star. I love you.

Forever and always,

Cami.

I seal the envelope and place it in the box.

As we put it into the ground, I feel like our memories are safely preserved forever. When we come back, it will be like opening up the past. If I could, I would stay in this moment forever. Just sit here everyday with Marcel until we grow old.

As long as I'm with him, I'll be happy.

Thank you so much for getting this to 8M reads!!!!! I hope you like this chapter!!! I love all your messages and comments and tweets. I love you all. <3

Twitter: 5secsofashleyy (yes, it has 2 y's lol)

Instagram: 1delicioussss and delicatedreams

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 1.5K 61
[UNEDITED] 'cause once you go without it, nothing else will do • • • "Why angel?" he asks, smiling, and I nod. "Cause you- you're my sweet creature a...
29.7K 468 17
Super PopStar Harry Styles is know all over the world after he auditioned and won X-factor but he knew he always wanted to be normal so he kept up hi...
291K 8.3K 28
*EDITING* cause im a pure sucker lol highest ranks: #68 in fanfiction, #3 under "starry" bless ya souls "Just get over it Marcel, look at me. I'm tak...
252K 9.6K 39
{Completed} Harry Styles is a well known singer in the UK, but he wants to do his A-Level he didn't do the first time. His career started when he was...