Sweet Silver Lining..

By Beautiful_World

Lydia was once a normal girl..Once happy..Once human. That all changed the night she was turned. Her life wou... More

Chapter One- The Lab
Chapter Two- The Escape
Chapter Three- Wide Open Spaces

Sweet Silver Lining..[Prologue]

370 13 21
By Beautiful_World

[A/N] Hey :D So this is just a little experiment I'm working on. I felt like the old version could use a little more work so I decided that I should rewrite the whole thing over again. However, If I receive enough comments demading I return it to it's old way I will do that too :D

Anyway  let me know what you think?

Old way or new way?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN...

Prologue.

~When The Blood Dries In My Veins And My Heart Feels No More Pain, I Know I'll Be On My Way To Heavens Door.~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bitter wind wound around me, weaving it's way through my mass of raven curls and sending the strands whipping around my face. It was a peaceful night, the streets were empty and the moon shone high in the navy blue sky above me. Silver light fell to the earth, illuminating even the darkest of alley ways. Normally I preferred complete darkness while I hunted, but tonight I would make and exception, tonight I couldn't afford to be picky.

Without looking at a watch or some other time telling instrument I knew it was nearing midnight, the perfect hour. Drunks would flow from the clubs in the area like cockroaches would crawl from the woodwork. I simply needed to pluck one from the crowd and the rest was a sure thing.

Over the years when I became restless of the same old scene I had began thinking of the hunt as a game of sorts. I had timed myself over the space of a month, how long, on average, it took the whole process. So far my best to beat was ten minutes. I intended to beat that score this night. When one lives forever one must find their own forms of entertainment and playing games was mine.

With over 140 years under my belt I was certain I was the oldest Vampire in the area, for the time anyway. However that wasn't enough to stop my ever expanding ego. I felt powerful and experienced, compared to the new borns wreaking havoc among the locals. It was quite fun to sit back and watch the chaos.

Scanning the area I was on high alert for my next meal, my senses were at their peak, awaiting for any trace of human activity.

Suddenly, like a bucket of ice water being thrown over my head, sensation hit me.

He was a bit further up the road but my heightened sense of smell could detect the stench of alcohol. Drunk and defenseless, just the way I like them.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

I began the countdown awaiting the moment when I would see his shadow appear in the mouth of the alley. 

5, 4, 3, 2..

Just as I had predicted a shadow etched across the damp ground. My senses now went into overdrive, my mind focused on one thing. The kill. 

Lunging forward I wrapped my arms around his neck and dragged him into the alley. Like a crazed serial killer I threw his intoxicated body to the ground and began circling my pray, like a lion I had one seen on animal planet, I inhaled deeply. He smelt divine. 

"Please-..."

The man began. Did he really think pleading would work on me? Kneeling down on the damp gravel I hushed the stranger. My violet eyes locked onto his as I willed his muscles to relax and his breathing to slow down. I preferred my victims to be calm rather then hysterical. 

"Shh..You will be fine. I'm not going to harm you."

I cooed softly into the strangers ear. It took a second or two but the erratic pounding of his heart soon became slower and more even.

Knowing now was my time to strict I pushed his head to the side, giving myself easier access to his throat.

The familiar sting of my canine teeth elongating let me know I was now ready to take what I had come here for. No more hesitation. 

Like a hot knife through butter my fangs slipped in easily. Hungrily I drank, it was like I had been starved for days and was finally receiving a warm meal.

It took only minutes and soon I felt his heart rate dropping to dangerous levels. I knew I must stop before his heart beat did. Standing up, body still in hand, I drank the final few drops before I allowed his body to sink to the ground once more. Pushing him forward with the front of my boot I reached up to wipe the excess blood from my face.

I felt myself come alive. Without looking I knew my skin had brightened, my cheeks had a faint tint of red to them once more and my hair, which had become dull and lifeless was now shiny and bouncy.

I felt like me again. Now longer would I allow myself to go so long without feeding. The results were just too much to bare.

Knowing the drunk would awaken in a few hours with no recollection of how he came to be in an alley, I stepped over his body and stumbled to the entrance.

Drunk from his blood I smiled to myself, while in my mind going through the list of things I could do before sunrise.

Just as I exited the alley way and began walking in the direction of the only local vampire bar in the city I felt something strange cloud the air.

I stopped suddenly. Hoping to pick up on a sound that would alert me. I stood their listening intently but all I could pick up on was the sound of tires screeching across the ground somewhere in the distance. The noise was too far away to actually worry me so I put it to the back of my mind and began walking again.

Has there ever been a moment in your life, so traumatic and devastating that you find yourself laying awake at night and running through everything that led up to that moment. Well I have. When I look back and recall that night, I wonder how different things would have been had I not decided to go to the bar, had my hands not been in my pockets making it harder for me to defend myself, had it not been that man I had chosen to feed from.

BANG.

My body jumped at the loud sound echoing through the silent streets.

BANG. 

It went off again, but this time I felt my body slipping to the ground. A gun. I had been shot, but how? Why?

While I lay defenseless on the ground I mentally went over my list of enemy's, all were petty and insignificant and none capable of actually shooting me.

Surrounded by a pool of my own blood I was unable to move, blinding pain numbed my entire being. I knew I wouldn't die, human bullets weren't enough to kill vampires, however bullet wounds took a mighty long time to heal completely. It was quite unfair really, if a human is shot, they die. Quick and simple. If a vampire is shot we live through the pain, without the sweet release that humans are promised.

"Why isn't she moving?"

A voice spoke from above me. Obviously my senses were numb also, which would explain why I hadn't sensed the presence of another being around me.

"Because you shot her, dumbass."

"Yeah, but she's a Vampire, I thought they were meant to be all powerful and shit. Surely a few bullets couldn't stop one."

I was really beginning to dislike this man and quickly made a mental note to rip his head off once I could move again.

"Shut up! Just get her in the van."

The more intelligent one ordered and before I knew it my paralyzed body was being lifted from the ground. With my eyes closed and making no move of opening, I was unaware of where the men were taking me. All I knew was, being jostled around hurt like hell.

I tried hissing, growling, screaming and talking but my body failed me completely. I felt myself being laid down on a hard surface and seconds later felt the scratch of rope joining my hands and feet together. Idiots. Did they not think if I were to regain the ability to move that I couldn't easily brake free from their silly little rope knots.

Only when I heard the purr of the engine starting did I realize I was in a car.Presumably a van from the sound of a sliding door closing.

Searing, mind numbing, stomach turning pain radiated to my very core. 

"Do you think she'll wake up?"

I heard a voice ask from the front seat.

"If she does just shoot her again."

"Why do I have to shoot her?"

Really? They were really arguing about who would shoot me. Damn it, if I hadn't been in so much pain I would have taken pleasure in ripping off their heads and using their necks as a sippy cup.

"Don't worry it won't take long until were back at the lab. Plus think of all the money were gonna make when we hand her over to-.."

Lab? They were taking me to a lab. Before I could delve further into my thoughts on this I felt myself slipping away. Slowly I dipped into unconsciousness, without any thoughts of where I would awaken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 323 40
Ellie Maddon was no innocent. She had a dark past. Running away from it, she met a handsome man named Harry. Little did she know what she was getting...
5.7K 125 26
Anastasia Coleman has been through it all. From heartbreak, to betrayal, disloyalty, sadness, and most of all anger. She's pregnant by her abusive ex...
40.5K 1.1K 32
in this story it will be about 16 year old jasmine Brown she is abused by her step dad her mom is never home she always at work jasmine also has a ab...
266K 8K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...