Summers without Her

By AwKwardhoMeschooler

I was too scared to tell her what I truly felt, and by the time I was ready to, it was too late. And now, she... More

Summers without Her
-13
-12
-11
-10
-9
-7
-6
-5
-4
-3
-2
-1
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

-8

105 13 4
By AwKwardhoMeschooler

2010

"I've got popsicles!" Riley's mom yells as she walks out onto their back patio.

"Thanks mom!" Riley swims over to the edge of the pool and climbs out.

I get out as well.

And Riley's friend, Maria, who had been laying in a lounge chair gets up as well.

"I want the purple one!" Maria yells loudly.

My favorite.

I rest assured in the fact that Riley knows purple is my favorite and that she always reserves the purple ones for me.

Riley grabs her favorite, a red one.

And I start to reach for the purple one, but Maria beats me to it. "Hey! That on—"

A nudge in the ribs from Riley prompts me to shut up.

I mask the hurt from my face and raise my hands in surrender.

I don't even grab the last popsicle.

<3 ash | 7.12.16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
91.8M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
11.7M 301K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...