Mistaken Perception

By Asiya323

Life can be brutal and uncaring to some. Aisha was one of those unfortunate "some" she had deceived herself... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 1

8.2K 280 87
By Asiya323

Authors note: I have missed this :). The story is a little different but hopefully, it'll be different in a good way.

As always show lots of love and support.

By COMMENTING,SHARING, and VOTING

Spread the word of MP's return

without further ado, here is MP.

ENJOY :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Aisha turned gently around in her bed, opening her eyes to the first rays of the morning sun. For a moment she closed her eyes enjoying the small sunlight on her face. Absent-mindedly she brushed her hand across the covers searching for something. A slight frown appeared on her face as her hand only met empty air. She turned her head a bit alarmed her curls moving silently against the pillow, only to find her husband not next to her. 

She groggily got into a seating position, opening her mouth to call his name. She paused when her ears become accustomed to the chatter, and laughter coming from what she presumed to be the kitchen. 

It was Saturday, she sighed running a hand through her curly mess of a hair. Every weekend, her husband and kids had full reign of the kitchen. A smile spread across her face as she snuggled back into her velvety covers. It was nice to have a break every now and then, any mess they made, they made it a point to clean up. She wasn't worried about cleaning up their mess.

  Although she did always notice that they used more ingredients than they really needed. She stretched around, coiling and uncoiling on the king sized bed for a few more minutes before she lazily got to her feet and opened her burgundy colored blinds.

She unlatched the doorway to her balcony, stepping out to take in the fresh air. Their backyard was a secluded area, thanks to the hard work of her husband. He had wanted it to be an area she could relax and roam free without the worry of prying eyes or being forced to put on a hijab to enjoy the view and air. She stretched her hands eyeing the hanging chair in the corner she loved so much. Rows of planted flowers were positioned around the balcony, bringing nature right next to her bed. 

She stood for a moment, debating over whether she should be lazy for a few more minutes before she faced her day. Or if she should take a hot shower to loosen up her muscles? Quickly making a decision she turned away from the tempting chair and went back inside. Her feet scampered across the hardwood floor as she made her way to the bathroom. All she needed was fifteen minutes to loosen up and relax then she could go to her chair.

*******

She glanced at her face as she dried off after her wash, the years were beginning to show on her face. It always amazed her, how much she had grown and changed over the years. Maybe because her parents weren't around to comment on the changes, she noticed the subtle changes so much more. Her heart squeezed a little. There had been so many things she had wanted to change years ago, so many things she had wanted to fix, that half the time she used to drive herself crazy.

Before she even had time to grow, life had mercilessly placed hardship on her shoulder. There were so many sacrifices she had to make, so many things she had to accept. A small smile spread on her lips as she brushed her curls back and tied them up. Yet, despite the pain and the heartache she had gained so much. She learned what it meant to love someone. She learned at a young age what it meant to lose and never forget. She learned how to cherish every moment as if it was her last.

She walked out of the bathroom grabbing one of her husband's shirts and her favorite comfy jeans. As she tidied up the room to the chirping of the birds, her mind began to wonder and roam in the past as it so often did.

Almost twenty years back her life had taken a turn she had never imagined, not even in her most spine-chilling nightmares. She hadn't been able to admit it at the time, couldn't bring herself to accept the reality of the situation. The pain had been too intense. She had felt like she would crumble apart as if she was held together by a small string. One small tug and she would never be able to pull herself together. 

It had happened so fast that it was hard to believe a week before the incident, she had felt like the happiest person in the world. Her future had looked so appealing, and enchanting. She had been so close to achieving all her goals. But in one swift moment, it was turned upside down.

Her life had changed. Too fast for her to keep up; too fast for her to make any sense of. All the plans and goals that had been close enough for her to grab. Became miles and years away from her. She hadn't known if she would be able to achieve the things she had wanted for herself. Or if she even wanted them anymore. She had no time to think and reflect. Before new goals and responsibility were dumped on her lap at the tender age of twenty-one.

Responsibilities in the form of her two younger siblings. She hadn't known or understood for a moment, how she was going to accomplish what she had known she must. She had never thought or imagined that she would become the sole guardian, of a four and a ten-year-old.

Aisha shook her head, trying to bring her mind back to the present. Sometimes she wished she could speak to her younger self. She wished she could tell her that life would get better. That although the pain wouldn't fade, it would become bearable. That she would learn to smile and laugh again. That despite losing so much, she would gain much in life as well. But perhaps, it was that very truth that hurt just as much. 

Her inability to combine the loved ones from her past to her present. That her siblings and parents would never meet her children and husband. That her little sister would go on through life unable to recall the faces of her parents and older siblings. While her little brother would only have fragmented memories of them, and she would forever remember them, despite her inability to be close to them.

She was startled back into reality by the warm embrace of her husband. It only took her a moment before she melted into him trying to soak up some strength.

"I thought you might be awake," he said his deep voice vibrating through her. She smiled turning her head slightly to look at him.

"Walikum Salaam," she said a warm smile spreading across her lips, he gave her a returning smile and a squeeze.

"As-salamu Alikum love," he said giving her kiss on the forehead.

She turned around for a proper hug and comfort. He held her gently not asking but knowing and sensing her melancholy mood. He didn't say a word or break the silence giving her control over the situation.

"Just ...when I think I've handled it...I surprise myself with my weakness," she said her voice muffled against his shirt.

He was silent for a moment resting his head against hers.

"I don't know if I would call that weakness...weakness is shutting off the pain and being unable to handle it. What you do love...that's nothing short of true and unattainable strength. You are one of the strongest people I know. I wish I was half as strong as you though I'm fine with just having you next to me," he replied producing a giggle from her as he had planned.

"Now, are you ready to join us for breakfast or would you like it in your room?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head his golden brown eyes looking into her own.

"I need a moment to myself, a cup of tea would be great, but you all can eat without me," she said.

He shook his head and sighed.

"We are not going to eat without you, only because we aren't done preparing yet," he smirked, letting her go to dodge her hit.

"I left your cup of tea on the table, join us when you're ready," he laughed exiting the room, only to stick his head back in a second later.

"Love you," he said making her smile.

"Me too," she replied moving toward the warm cup of tea calling her name. He left taking some of the warmth with him.

Despite the pain, she had gained this amazing man, and with him came the little bundles of joy that tugged at her heart in different ways. She had managed to move on slowly but surely through their help. If nothing else she wanted to tell her younger self to hold on to this man, despite what his outer personality may seem like. She had never depended on him to get over the pain, but he had played a key role in her moving past it. And more than that, she wished her younger self would know that pain would become tolerable, never gone, but manageable.

~20 Years Ago~

"So, what's the plan?" asked Aisha's uncle Yaqub as he leaned against the granite counter top next to the sink.

Aisha glanced up for a moment to look at him, before looking down to continue tying her shoes. She shrugged her shoulders in what she hoped was a nonchalant manner.

"I'm not sure...I'll have a more solid plan after my meeting with the lawyer," she replied grabbing her black canvas bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Her eyes for a moment roamed over the living room.

It seemed bare despite the fact that everything was still the same. Her mother's favorite rickety rocking chair was still near the far window overlooking the backyard. While next to it was the bookcase that contained all her mother's favorite legal books to read. The deep toffee colored sofas still looked comfortable, though a bit worn. The rich maroon colored ottoman carpet still lay in the middle with the coffee table that was chipped from the sides, and had the engraving of everyone's initials, even her parents, placed on top of it. Everything was still the same, and yet it wasn't. 

The only thing that was different was the absences of the family photos, photos that had decorated different parts of the room. It was one of the first things Aisha had done, it had been too hard to look at them and see her family staring back at her. It was also why the whole house seemed more foreign to her.

"Alright then," said her uncle rubbing his bald head, his eagle like eyes following her every movement. He was the only relative that had stayed behind after the huge incident that took place after the funeral. Aisha absentmindedly touched her right cheek, where her dad's older brother had slapped her in his anger. She dropped her hand and sighed heavily moving toward the door.

"Wouldn't it be better for us to go together?" he asked moving away from the kitchen and more into the living room, his voice dripping with concern.

Aisha went down the four steps to the front door. She looked back at her uncle giving him a half smile that barely reached her eyes.

"Nah, I'd rather do this on my own...besides the kids don't have to deal with this," she added when she saw him opening his mouth to argue.

He sighed shaking his head a deep frown appearing in his face. The light falling on his face gave his rich deep brown complexion a lustrous glow. His sharp features were so much like her mother's that for a moment Aisha felt the air get stuck in her throat. She closed her eyes fighting back the pain that wanted to bury her into the ground.

"In my eyes,you're just as much a child as those little ones," he said gently.

Aisha shook her head and turned away.

"I'll try to come back early," she said quickly opening the door and slipping out, not wanting her uncle to see the unwilling tears shining in her eyes.

She took a deep breath clenching her jaw, trying to find the strength to move her limbs. She all but ran to her car not willing to look at her older sister and brother's cars that were still parked in the driveway. She would have to sell them off soon.

"Come back in time for lunch, I'll make something really good," yelled her Uncle having followed her out.

"I will In sha Allah," she replied waving before pulling out form the driveway and getting on the road. She tried not to look at the empty cars that would never again be driven by their owners.

It was a thirty-minute drive to the city if rush hour was added those thirty minutes could easily turn into two hours. Aisha had scheduled to meet Mr.Furgason at his office, but he insisted she meet him at the Crystalline hotel since he was already meeting another client there. She sighed as she switched lanes to avoid a semi-truck driving pretty fast. Her hands tightened around the steering wheel, it had been a truck and a drunk driver that had claimed the lives of her loved ones.

Her eyes began to prickle, the warning sign of tears, she quickly wiped her eyes opening the window for some air. Originally a part of her thought that she might not be able to drive again after everything she had seen. But aside from small bursts of anxiety attacks she was fine and able to handle the task. Aisha had always been able to compartmentalize her emotions and feelings, it wasn't healthy, according to her father. Since all she did was hide away from her feelings and refuse to face them.

It took her an extra ten minutes to get to the hotel because she had taken a wrong turn and she had to turn around. She parked the car in the driveway and quickly looked at her complexion. She was wearing a dark blue navy hijab, with a black shirt paired with a chiffon black skirt. Her dark brown eyes looked sad and strange. She roughly closed the mirror a frown becoming etched on her face. She exited the car making sure to throw her bag over her shoulder. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, she closed her eyes for a second reciting Ayatul Kursi trying to find strength.

She looked at the Porcelain like hotel. She had always loved the style of this hotel, the architecture looked clean and neat. Yet it had a soul and a uniqueness that amplified its gentle beauty. The inside was even more breathtaking, open and spacious with crystal chandeliers and artwork, bringing the name of the hotel to life. The walls were made of glass bringing in the sunlight and brightness of the outside, inside the building. She loved it all the more knowing and spotting her father's handiwork. This hotel had been one of the first projects he had worked on in this city, and it had been a favorite of his. 

Her mother had always wanted her to go into law, but looking at this building there was no doubt it was her father's footsteps she would follow...rather, that had been her original plan before everything went out of ...

Aisha walked past the receptionist desk and toward the elevator. She shook her head trying to stay focused on what she had to do. As she stood waiting she couldn't help overhearing a conversation taking place to her right. Aisha glanced discreetly to the side, noticing a man and a woman sitting at a window seat near the elevator. A gentle archway gave them a small amount of privacy, though it wasn't much since Aisha could hear their whole conversation. 

The girl was wearing a turquoise dress that left little to the imagination, her makeup didn't look fresh and her hair was weakly held together by a few pins, Aisha was sure it would fall apart soon. She sat uncomfortably, her back was ram straight clearly upset though her partner didn't seem to notice.

The man was tall with narrow shoulders though she couldn't see his face, Aisha was sure he was a handsome fellow. He was emanating such a confident and strong aura it was hard to think he wasn't completely secure in his looks. He had dirty blond hair that was sleeked back and well-defined muscles. Something about him seemed wild, maybe it was the tattoo that was peeking from his back. 

The girl was pretty in a cute sort of way and looked around Aisha's age. The man was speaking to her in a gentle soothing voice, though from how he was orchestrating his words Aisha was sure it was a speech he gave multiple times.

"I hope you can understand. I really think you're a great girl. I just don't want either one of us to be confused about anything. You're a pretty girl and I really do see us being friends, but I'm really not looking for a relationship at the moment. Last night was great, but it doesn't mean anything, we were just having fun, right?" he asked with a chuckle. Aisha looked away wanting to hit the man in the head. Couldn't he see how much his words were hurting the poor girl?

"Ya I understand, don't worry. I'm glad we are on the same page," said the girl her voice soft and clipped.

Aisha glanced back at the girl and saw the smile she was forcing on her face.

"Man...Thank you. Boy am I glad you're such a practical person. I know by now everyone knows I'm not the relationship kind of guy. Yet there are so many girls that think they can change that, we should hang out again," he laughed getting up and placing a hand on her shoulder before he walked away. 

Aisha only stared at the girl, her eyes looked distant and far away, tears were silently falling. She slowly placed her arms around herself, trying to stop the shaking of her body. She looked so weak and vulnerable, Aisha almost found herself moving toward her before she stopped and pressed the button for the elevator again. As she entered she looked one more time at the girl debating with herself before the doors closed.

The girl didn't look like the party type, and even if she was. Aisha still didn't like the way the guy had treated her. The girl had looked so lost that a sad part of her believed it might have been her first time. Aisha shook her head trying to focus on what she had to do today. She waited for the elevator to stop on the third floor where she would find different restaurants and cafes.

As the elevators opened up Aisha came face to face with a few men dressed in suits, she gently sidestepped them not noticing the curious glance the tall man in the middle gave her. Aisha moved toward the café named Faris, which was the one Mr.Frugason had said he would be in. 

She walked in looking around until she found him sitting in the middle with a woman. Aisha slowly walked toward him, she glanced at her watch, noticing she was twenty minutes late. 

'Maybe he was meeting up with his other client' she thought to herself. She was just about to grab an empty chair and wait when he noticed her.

"Aisha, darling, come here," he called out raising his hand. 

The lady sitting with him turned to look at Aisha. She was a beautiful woman, dark complexion with short pixie jet black hair, her almond shaped light brown eyes studied her as Aisha moved closer to the table. Aisha took a seat fully aware of the fact that the women had not only sized her up but placed her in a category as well.

"Justine meet Aisha...Aisha this is Justine," said Mr.Furgason making the polite introduction.

"Nice to meet you," Aisha said extending her hand for a shake.

"Likewise," replied the woman a gentle smile gracing her lips. Her face was gentle and she exuded an air of wisdom and kindness.

Aisha nodded her head politely. The lady grabbed her purse and began to rise from her seat.

"Well, Thomas, do give me a call if you find anything out. I'm so glad we could wrap up our meeting, sorry for my son's impatience," she chuckled.

Mr.Furgason laughed along with her and shook his head.

"Nonsense, by now I am more than well versed in your son's character, nothing he does fazes me. As for your request, I'll try my best but what you're asking for is rather difficult," he chuckled.

Justine sighed her smile wavering for a second.

"For my sake, Thomas, try extra hard," she replied giving the man a gentle squeeze on the shoulder.

"I will," he replied with a smile.

"Now then, I think it is about time you advised and assisted this beautiful young lady, don't let me keep you waiting," she smiled.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Aisha," she added before she turned and walked away, not really waiting for a reply.

"She is consistently on the move, don't take offense. She complains about her sons but she is by far the most impatient person I know," chuckled Mr.Furgason.

Aisha nodded silently not really in the mood to carry the conversation along. She felt the mood sober up around her.

"I am sorry about your loss. Your parents and siblings are great human beings that will be greatly missed," said Thomas.

"Thank you," replied Aisha.

"How are you doing?" he asked gently.

Aisha nodded her head.

"As fine as I can possibly do, I'm hanging in there," she replied flagging down a waitress.

"That's good," he replied looking at her with concern.

"I'd like a cup of cappuccino with a shot of caramel and a shot of espresso," said Aisha to the waitress, who quickly walked away after taking her order.

After a few minutes of awkward heavy silence, Mr. Furgason jumped right into the reason for their meeting.

"Just as you thought, your father has made you the sole guardian of your siblings, more specifically your next in line after...the point is you have nothing to worry about concerning the guardianship of your siblings. It's amazing how far ahead your father thought and planned for," said Mr. Furgason taking a sip from his cup and looking away.

Aisha smiled sadly, her father had always been a detailed planner, the complete opposite of her mom. He had penned down the people who he wanted to look after his kids, she knew there was a person written down if something should befall her. She shook her head not wanting to think of who her father had marked down before her. She knew it had been her older sister. She closed her eyes for a second.

"But, my guardianship can be challenged right?" she asked bringing her focus back.

Thomas cleared his throat.

"Technically with enough ammunition anything can be challenged at court. If your uncle truly wants custody of your sibling's i.e. his nephew and niece, technically under the law he can. Of course, he would need to provide enough evidence to prove you're unfit to raise them on your own. However, I don't see why anyone would want to do that," said Thomas with a frown.

"You don't know my uncle," replied Aisha remembering the slap for a second time that day. The waitress came back and placed her order in front of her. Aisha paused for a second to take a sip of her drink.

"What about the money we inherit and my dad's will?" she asked taking a second sip of her warm drink.

"Do my siblings and I have access?" added Aisha trying to be more clear.

Thomas took a deep breath again, "The answer is both a yes and a no," he replied.

"What do you mean?" asked Aisha nervously.

"You really don't have full control over the account until you turn 25. I don't think your father foresaw that some of his kids would follow him to his ..." Thomas broke off awkwardly unable to finish his sentence. He cleared his throat unable to look at Aisha.

"Your father had wanted your older brother Omar to have control, however, it isn't all that bad. You can use the money, you just need the consent of your Uncle, your dads older brother for any withdrawal you make," he said in a reassuring voice.

Aisha's heart sank deep into her stomach. That man was the last man she wanted to have any control over how she used her father's money. She clenched her hands together in anger. She knew he wouldn't approve of anything she did unless she lived according to his terms. The anger and pain must have shown on her face because Thomas attempted to speak. But Aisha was struck by another gut clinching thought.

"Can he use the money?" she asked

"No, he doesn't have that kind of power. He can't make any withdrawals on his own, your father requested that you are present with him. But, all he has to do is give an online approval for you to be able to withdraw money," said Thomas in an encouraging voice.

Aisha stared at her clenched hands feeling depressed. What was she going to do now? Her uncle Ali was the hardest to deal with. He had always disproved of his younger brothers life choices and way of living. He never liked her mother or the life her parents had built together. Aisha knew if he found out about this information he would hold it over her head and bully her to do what he wants.

"Is something wrong?" asked Thomas concern becoming etched on his face.

Aisha took a deep breath trying to gain control over her heart, she didn't have time to feel sorry for herself.

" Is there a way to get some quick access and withdraw something now...as in an emergency situation?" she asked hopefully.

He looked at her uncertainly for a few seconds.

"Do you and him not get along?" he asked his face serious.

Aisha nodded, "He and my dad never did either. But I suspect my father believed with his...departure...my uncle might be more understanding," she said.

"And I'm guessing he isn't?" asked Thomas.

"No he isn't," replied Aisha her hand unconsciously moving to her face.

"I see...I think if I pull some strings and call in some favors I can get you access, but I don't think you will be able to withdraw a lot" he replied

Aisha nodded a small but genuine smile covering her lips.

"How much would you think I can withdraw?" she asked

"I'm not sure but I wouldn't think you can withdraw more than fifteen thousand. Of course, you do have other options and means of getting a steady income," he said taking a gulp of his drink.

Aisha eyed him curiously, her interest having peeked.

"How so?" she asked.

"Aside from the obvious of obtaining a job, you could put your family home for rent. Granted that would mean you would have to move to another place, but that might bring in a steady flow of money. Or you could always stay in the house since it is yours and you're not going to be paying a mortgage." he said rubbing his chin thoughtfully. 

Aisha nodded her head her brain turning and trying to bring order to the situation. Obviously going to school would be out of the question, but then again she had already known that. She would have to start job hunting as soon as tomorrow.

"I'm sorry, I'm not providing you with good news," said Thomas his face grave.

"Your father was like a son to me...and the thought that I'm not helping you in your time..." Aisha cut him off.

"Nonsense, you're being a great help right now. If I didn't have you who could I turn to for counseling? I never did take after my mom when it comes to legal issues, I am my father's daughter in that regard," she smiled.

Tears began to glisten in Thomas's eyes.

"You're so much like both, it's hard to say who you take after," he laughed wiping his tears.

Aisha smiled looking away and taking a sip of her drink. Her eyes caught the girl from the lobby walking into the café, she sank into a chair, her eyes red from the crying she must have done in some empty bathroom.

"I'll send in some paperwork when I get to my office, and I'll try to have at least 20,000 in your account. It won't be much but I'll look around for a good paying job as well. One in which you can continue your school with," said Thomas.

Aisha nodded not voicing the doubt she felt.

"Is there a way you all could live with a relative, or maybe have a relative live with you?" asked Thomas.

Aisha shrugged.

"I don't think I want to make my siblings move, and I don't want to inconvenience any of my relatives. My great aunt might be able to stay with us, but she is currently in the hospital," Replied Aisha.

"It will be fine, something will work out," replied Thomas encouragingly.

Aisha nodded.

"All right, I'm going to go and get things straightened out for you, keep your phone on you. I'll contact you when I have gotten access for you in the account," said Thomas smiling and getting up from his chair.

"Sounds good, I'll have it right next to me," said Aisha returning his smile with one of her own.

Aisha watched him walking briskly away his short frame moving swiftly between the chairs and tables. She took a final sip of her own drink. Her eyes wandered toward the crying girl who was now hunched over her drink. Aisha gently got up placed money on the table and walked out from the café. She was a few steps away from the door when she paused for a second. 

She turned around sharply and made her way to the girl. She pulled a chair out for herself and took a seat. Just because her world fell apart didn't mean she couldn't try and patch up someone else's bad day.

The girl looked up startled, her gray eyes meeting Aisha's brown-green ones.

"Can I.." began the girl her voice breaking slightly as she wiped away some tears.

Aisha held up her hand.

"I don't know you and you don't know me, however, I had witnessed what took place between you and the man down at the lobby," said Aisha.

The girls face hardened slightly, her eyes cautiously observing Aisha.

"So?" she asked angrily.

"So...I just wanted to tell you that he was a jerk... I'm not one to swear but I can think of a few words that would describe him perfectly" said Aisha with a smile. 

"Oh," said the girl her lips shaped into a perfect o. She stared at Aisha clearly not understanding where this was going.

"Ya...but more than that I wanted to say that you deserve better. You're beautiful and you seem like a strong person. Any man would be happy to have you. But not any guy deserves you. So, therefore, don't let such a simple guy get the better of you. He isn't worth even the speck on your shoes. Why should you be another girl he has hurt? Instead, look at this as a mistake and learn from it," Said Aisha getting up and placing a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Cheer up," she added before she turned and all but ran out of the place. The awkwardness of the whole ordeal chasing her out.

She had made her way to the parking lot when she heard a screaming voice behind her.

"WAIT...HOLD ON,"

Aisha turned and stared at the girl with the turquoise dress running toward her. Her brown hair was flying behind her, as she held her high heels in one hand and the hem of her dress in the other. The girl came to stand in front of her bending over slightly as she tried to catch her breath. When she looked up there was a dazzling smile on her lips. Then she threw her hands around Aisha and hugged her tightly.

"Your right, I don't know you and you don't know me. But from a stranger to another stranger, thank you. I don't think you can possibly know what you have done for me. So thank you. Thank you so much," she whispered before she let Aisha go.

Aisha stared at her for a moment, forgetting everything and finding herself smiling in return.

"Your welcome. You're more than welcome," she replied.

"May I know your name?" asked the girl.

"My name is Aisha...and yours?" she asked.

"I'm Jasmine," she replied stretching her hand out.

Aisha took it and shook it.

"Thank you for making such a rotten day become so much better," said Jasmine.

Aisha smiled.

"I hope we meet again," said the girl giving her another hug before she turned and walked, her whole demeanor seemed much brighter.  Aisha smiled to herself before she got back in her car and made her way home.

She parked the car in the driveway and got out closing her eyes from the sight of her sibling's cars. As she neared the door she began to hear the screams and cries of her little sister. She rushed quickly and opened the door to find her uncle trying to soothe her crying sister.

"SHE IS GONE...WHERE IS SHE..." she yelled.

"Honey she will be back, she went out for just a little bit," said her uncle trying to reason with her.

Aisha looked around noting the absence of her little brother.

"What's going on?" asked Aisha dropping her bag and taking her shoes off.

Her sister twirled around finally noticing her as the tears continued to stream down her face.

"Aisha," she cried before she ran toward her all but jumping down the stairs, instead of going down them.

Aisha moved forward catching her in her arms. Her sister's hands latched on to her in a death-like grip.

"She thought you were gone," was all her uncle said before getting up with a sigh and walking away.

Aisha looked down at the five-year-old in her arms, her heartbreaking and tears coming to her own eyes. She held her gently, sitting on the stairs and gently rocking her.

"I'm not gone, love. I'm right here," she said as she gently stroked her head.

"I didn't mean to make you worry, I'm right here," she soothed her.

The only replies she had were her sister sniffles and the tightening of her small arms around her.

Life wasn't going to be easy. But Aisha was willing to fight to the end to try to protect her siblings from any more hurt. She promised herself as she held her little sister, that at this moment, she was no longer a young woman who wanted to become successful and independent. Rather, from this day onward she was a mother of two. 

She didn't have the privilege of trying to please herself anymore. No, at this moment her siblings came before anything else. She will have to wait, her dreams would have to wait, her wants and needs would have to wait. But she will not wait to give her siblings the life they deserved. She was going try her best to give them a good life from this moment...until the day she died. That was a promise she was willing to die for, that was a promise she had made to her parents.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 1.3K 25
She was an average muslimah but she had a weakness. She had a strong desire, yet her heart was weak. She found a solution to her weakness but it wa...
131K 26.1K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
130K 7K 56
#Completed on 21/12/18 #1 LoveMarriage-29/3/21-18/4/21 #2 LoveMarriage-19/04/21-3/5/21 #7 LoveMarriage-18/01/22 #1 Mohabbat-27/3/19 #2 Mohabbat-14/3...
3.8K 151 15
What if the love of your life doesn't love you anymore? This is the situation 22-year old Ihsan finds herself in, when her husband fills the divorce...