A Timeless Place

By TheNightMarauder

Meet Kitty Proud, a wallflower who prefers to blend into her background. Ever since her mom died, she had rec... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 - Part I
Chapter 5 - Part II
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Part I
Chapter 13 - Part II
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Part I
Chapter 15 - Part II
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Part I
Chapter 18 - Part II
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Part I
Chapter 42 - Part II
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - Part I
Chapter 44 - Part II
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 - Part I
Chapter 51 - Part II
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Part 1
Chapter 60 - Part 2
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 28

325 21 16
By TheNightMarauder

The next morning I woke up to a ring at my doorbell. Who the hell would be ringing the doorbell this early in the morning? I rolled out of bed and walked sluggishly downstairs. Opening the door, I was face to face with a grinning Wes.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. He was sweet in coming here, I had to admit, but not the first thing early on a Monday morning! Especially after an unstable night of that damned nightmare weaving in and out of my stream of dreams all night.

"Kidnapping trick getting old?" I yawned, rubbing the side of my face.

"Well good morning to you to," he laughed. Just then he pulled out his arms from behind him and revealed a bouquet of roses. "You said to surprise you, so I'm trying. Go out with me?"

I pretended to be in serious thought for a second, "I think I'm almost disappointed in you."

He frowned at me.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Kitty," he threatened me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Try your best."

"Prepare yourself," he winked at me, walking around me through the doorway.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I followed him while he walked into the hall and into the kitchen, laying down the roses on the counter top.

"Well since I got out of the car anyway, I may as well wait for you in here," He commented, looking around for a vase to place the flowers in.

I pulled one out for him, a clear simple glass vase, it had been empty and stored away for years. That vase used to be always in use. Mom used to constantly have flowers in there. And it used to always be next to her art working area in the garage.

"Nice and simple- I like it," he noted, nodding his head in appreciation. And without him even knowing it, those words fit perfectly into an imprint in my heart. Mom was nice and simple.

"Well I'll, uh, go and get changed," I announced.

"Too bad, you look cute when you've just woken up," he smiled at me over the counter, that crooked smile of his, making my breath catch in my throat. And before I knew it, he was standing in front of me, his hand brushing the side of my face.

"You still haven't told me good morning," he pouted, eyes shining down at me. "Or given me a good morning kiss for that matter."

"Who said it's a good morning?" I arched an eyebrow at him. But I was slowly losing sense of what I was even saying.

"That can be fixed," he smirked, before bringing his lips onto mine.

So, yes this was a good morning. And it got even better when he pushed me up off the ground and onto the counter, with my legs wrapping around his waist. I breathed in his scent, that wonderful bitter chocolate but that taste of sweet orange.

He laughed against my lips, "We're going to be late."

"Mmmhmm," I replied against his lips. Yet his hands tightened around me, seeming to never want to let me go. And neither was I. I just pressed myself closer to him instead.

"Well you two are late!" Eli complained, behind the counter. It was weird, being back here after our weekend camp. Eli's apron looked weird, almost changed. Even the coffee machine looked different. Or maybe it was us just who were changing. Eli looked over her shoulder and shot Jordan a discrete smile and Wes squeezed my hand. Yes, it was us who were changing.

"We were delayed, you could say," Wes pressed his lips together into an amused smile.

"You were supposed to be the good influence who got her to stop coming late!" Eli reprimanded him.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," Wes said, putting up his hand in defence. We all laughed at Eli's motherly behaviour.

"Coffee's done," Jordan called from his end.

Those simple words provided a feeling of both reassurance and exhilaration. How was something I was so used to so completely altered? And yet it was an amazing feeling that the world was becoming so changed and you were still surrounded by the same people you loved as well as the new additions.

"Good morning, everyone," Jan and Kevin walked through the café doors.

Wes raised an eyebrow, "Who invited you two?"

"Don't be rude," Eli hit Wes over the head. "Just because they're less temperamental than you and will probably make better friends."

"Hey, she said it," I shrugged, nudging him playfully.

"Are there any news of Ash and Alex?" Jordan asked Kevin.

"Yeah, turns out they had found that owl they were looking for," Kevin grinned.

"And they had grabbed it for Bridgette," Jan continued. Both were unable to hold in their laughter and took turns telling the story to have better control over themselves.

"They were looking for Bridgette to show her the owl."

"Instead they walked in the opposite direction to a cabin."

"That cabin belonged to wildlife welfare," Kevin couldn't contain his grin at the stupidity of his friends.

"Turns out the camp site had a no animal hunting policy."

"And they were arrested for breaking the camp site rules and regulations."

"They ended up at a police station," Jan laughed. "And were escorted home."

"What a wonderful camping trip they had," Eli said sarcastically.

"I feel kind of responsible," Kevin admitted. "I should have known they weren't really camping material."

"I feel sorry for the world when they graduate this year and are released into it," I shook my head at them.

"'Arrested for kidnapping an owl' will be their legacy," Jordan quoted their legacy as we all laughed.

The five of us walked into home room (Jan was in the year below us) before the bell rung and not surprisingly, almost everyone flocked Wes. Many were still outraged at Kevin for cancelling the party over the weekend. The rest were eager to know what happened between Wes and Bridgette. We instantly realised everyone though Bridgette had cheated on Tyler with Wes- that was why Tyler was angry at the both of them.

"Since Wes is taken, can I ask you out?" Kevin winked at me in amusement. I noticed he had dimples whenever he smiled widely- which he did often.

Before I could open my mouth, Wes slung his arm over my shoulder and glared at Kevin. Kevin laughed and put his hands up in defense.

"Alright, class, settle down," Mr. Riggs, an elderly man who was our home room teacher called.

English Literature was the first class on Monday morning and Mr. Coulter reminded us that the play was to be done at the end of the month which would contribute significantly to our final grade. Meanwhile, we had moved onto the next Greek play, Antigone. After that Eli and I headed to our Biology class.

"You know, it's kind of sad but very amusing watching Wes," Eli said halfway through our Bio class as she was concentrating on peeling the thinnest layer of onion using tweezers. She cursed as the onion skin broke.

"What do you mean?" I grabbed the tweezers off her and pulled a thin layer of skin, laying it on top of the slide and placing a coverslip over it.

She glared at the tweezers in betrayal, "Well you're making him wait, he's not used to girls not wanting to sleep with him."

"It's not that I don't want to sleep wit-," I stopped myself, blushing at my slip.

Eli slowly smiled slyly at me, "Well, well, well. For the first time it's not me being the naughty one."

"Tell that to prince Jordan," it was her time to blush this time. I smiled triumphantly at her as she struggled for words. Now this was very unlike Eli. It was amusing seeing this shy uncertain Eli. I hadn't seen it since- oh, God no. I haven't seen this Eli since that asshole Tyler. But surely, this was different.

Yes, yes it was. This belief was consolidated later as Wes and Jordan snuck up behind us as we were at our lockers. The way Jordan's eye lighted up just at the sight of Eli, even before she had registered his presence confirmed it.

"Hey, Jordan," I threw him a warm smile.

"The nerve of that Kevin!" Wes was grumbling. Was he still miffed?!

"Well you're technically not my boyfriend," I laughed at him, just to annoy him further. "So no reserves."

"I'll show you 'no reserves'," he was still grumbling but his note was much lighter as he pressed me against my open locker, connecting his lips onto mine.

I pushed him off quickly, "Not in public!"

"Why not?!" his voice sounded slightly hurt.

"I don't know about you, but I don't make out in front of everyone everywhere!" I ranted, my cheeks flushed.

"Are you calling me a man-whore?" he demanded.

"No," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. He had just caught me off guard and there were already a few spectators. Even a few wolf whistles were sounded. And I swear I caught a few glares as I tried to put as much space between Wes and I. Admittedly, it was difficult since he still stood hovering over me. "I just don't want to be that sort of girl."

"Alright, then how about we go to my room after school," he winked at me. But still, he withdrew his hands and took my bag from my shoulder, chucking it into my locker and locking it for me.

I gave him a flat look in response. But as he poked me jokingly, I could only laugh in response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 2K 34
"You. Have. A. Crush?" one of my best friends looked at me like I was some kind of an alien from outer space. The shock on her face made me regret te...
8M 282K 46
He's popular. I have one friend. He's outgoing. I'm quiet. He has a girlfriend. I'm alone. I'm shy and he's purely arrogant. But they say like fo...
4.8K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...
106K 4.3K 69
Status: COMPLETED _Ranks_ #1- prettyboy (September 13 2020) #1- femdom (September 30th 2020) "I-i-" Darlington began. He had to get it off his ches...