Til I Found You

By purple-ish

He doesn't know love at all. She wished she never knew love. What if love came between them? Would he believe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE

Chapter 31

129K 2K 232
By purple-ish

Sorry for the late upload. Tardiness attacked me. Hehe.

Enjoy reading this chapter! :)

******************************

Chapter 31

Vince:

The room was empty when I woke up. I stood up, took a bath and get dressed before I went outside. The villa was empty too. I walked outside and saw a lot of guys with pins pinned on their sashes.

Crap! I forgot! I signed up for The Bachelor too!

I hurriedly went upstairs and put my sash on. As I was walking around the beach, Dave called me. “Vince! Thank goodness you’re awake! I was like waking you up for an hour and a half!”

“Sorry.” I noticed his sash. “Only 13?”

“Yeah. A lot of guys signed up and I had a hard time with the girls, especially when Louisse is around.” He explained.

“Oh, have you got her pin?”

He shook his head. “You signed up because of Liz, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, you better catch up. Justin’s in the lead.”

“What?! He signed up too?”

He simply nodded. “You know what? I see this as a fight between the two of you. May the best man win.” And then he left.

After knowing that Justin’s in the game too, I wasted no time. I started walking around and asked the girls if they needed help.

Unfortunately, most of them already gave their pins and some say, “Sorry Vince, but I really wanted Justin to take it from me.” Screw that guy! But I can’t blame him, he’s a celebrity.

It was almost afternoon and I’ve just got 6 pins on my sash. These were basically from Diane and her friends who don’t care about celebrities. On the other hand, Justin asked for an extra sash because one sash can’t contain all those pins he had.

I’m losing. No, I already lost. We’ve only got up to 6pm to earn those pins.

Hopeless, I started to walk around. Then suddenly, I heard a man shout.

“Look at what you did! Don’t you know how much this cost?” said the man.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to. It was – “

“Get lost Granny!”

Then I heard a loud noise

I hurried myself and searched where that sound came from. To my surprise, I saw an old woman on the ground trying to get up. And in front of her were some of our schoolmates. One of them said, “What a klutz!” And then he kicked some of the old woman’s stuff.

I felt a rage of anger rush through my veins.

“Hey!” I shouted. “What do you think you’re doing huh?”

“Teaching Granny a lesson.”

“Do you want me to teach you your lessons?” I said, with a threatening voice and an icy look.

All five of them looked pale. “S-sorry Vince. Let’s go.” And then they ran away.

I turned to the old woman and helped her stand up.

“Thank you.” she said.

“Are you hurt?” I asked, while picking up her things.

“Just a bit. Do you know those kids?”

“Yes, we’re on the same school. Sorry for their behavior. I’ll report them to the principal.” The old lady smiled at me and I smiled back at her. After picking up all her things, which are grocery bags, I said, “These are heavy Grandma. I’ll carry these for you. Where are you headed?”

“I have a small store nearby. Follow me.”

And then I followed her. It was a very cozy shop. The ambiance is very relaxing and very light. I noticed that only few people are in this place.

“This place is good.” I muttered.

“Thank you.” she said. “You can put those here.”

“Okay.” I placed the groceries in the counter and took a seat. Grandma came back with a fresh mango shake in her hands. “Thank you.”

She sat in front of me. “What’s your name?”

“Vince. Vincent Coax. And you are?”

“Just call me Grandma.” And then she smiled. “Oh, I forgot. I’ve got something to do. If you want anything, just tell the cashier and you can have it for free.”

I simply nodded.

After a few minutes, the door opened and I saw Liz. She sat on one of the tables and looked around, as if she was waiting for someone. As I watch her, I felt the urge to talk to her so I did. I stood up and walked towards her.

“May I talk to you for a minute?” I said.

She looked at me and was surprised to see me. “V-Vince? What are you doing here?”

“I just happen to know the owner of this shop.” She simply nodded. “Uhm, do you have a minute? I wanted to tell you something.”

“Actually – “

“Liz!” another voice said. I turned and saw the guy Liz was talking to yesterday.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I work here.” He answered. He then turned to Liz and said, “Let’s go?”

Liz stood up and joined him. “Sorry, Vince. I’ve got something to do.” And then she left.

Seriously, is she going out with him? Knowing Liz, she’s not the type who would just go out on a date with someone. Who’s that guy?

I’ve got to find out.

I secretly followed them wherever they went. They went to a boutique where Liz bought a dress that she’ll probably wear for tonight’s dinner with the new Bachelor – which is definitely not going to be me.

Then, they bought donuts and drink and started to walk around. They were talking about something. But I can’t hear very clear.

“Please, don’t let anybody know. Especially Vince.” Liz said

“You can count on me.”

What is it that she doesn’t want me to know? She was about to say something again when…

“Vince! Vince! What are you doing there?” A voice shouted. I turned around and saw Dave running towards me. “Why are you hiding there?” he asked.

I placed a finger above my mouth to tell him to shut up. But… I failed. He noticed Liz.

“Liz?” Dave said. “Whose that guy?”

Before Liz can answer, I dragged Dave away.

When we are about few kilometers away from them, I stopped. “What are you doing, dude?” I asked.

“Looking for you. We need to get ready for tonight’s announcement of winners.” He explained. And then noticed my sash. “Just 6 pins?”

I simply nodded.

“There’s no need for you to look good tonight. You’re obviously not the winner.” He said, quite disgusted. “What are you doing there earlier?”

“I was stalking Liz. She was about to say something important when you came and ruined everything!”

“Oops, sorry.” he said, placing a hand over his mouth. “What did she say?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. But I heard her say this: ‘Please don’t let anybody know. Especially Vince’.” I said, mimicking her tone. “I don’t know what that means.”

“Maybe she’s pregnant?”

I punched him. “Don’t joke like that!”

“Ouch!” Dave said. “Who knows?”

“Vince! Dave!” a voice said. It was Diane. “I’ve been looking for you! All the other contestants are ready for tonight’s show.”

“Show?” I asked.

“Yeah. All contestants are expected to model on stage and present themselves. Some questions will be asked also. It will be judged. 50% from the pins and 50% from the show. If you do well in the show, you might win.” Diane asked.

“The mechanics changed?” Dave asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?” said Diane. “Let’s go!”

*****

At exactly 7pm, the show started. I was the last to sign up so, I got the last number. The emcee said that Liz was now waiting at the place they prepared for the dinner date with the new Bachelor – which was obviously not me.

Even if I got perfect on the show, my pins are nothing compared to them.

“Our next contestant, Mr. Justin Stewart.” The emcee said. And the crowd cheered. “You must be the crowd favorite. It is evident with your pins.” The emcee added. “Please, introduce yourself.”

“Good evening, ladies.” He said, followed by a cheer. “My name is Justin Stewart. There’s nothing I want most than to make you all smile. Thank you.”

The crowd went wild after his speech. With that brief sentence, he won the hearts of the audience.

“Why would you want to be the Bachelor?” asked the emcee.

“Well, I really don’t want to be the Bachelor. The girls wanted it. Right, girls?” he answered. And the girls cooed him.

What the? That’s so arrogant!

“Thank you Mr. Stewart. Now, let’s call on, Mr. Vincent Coax.”

The cheers from the crowd I received were relatively equal with Justin. The only difference is, I am nervous. I don’t know what to say.

“Hello Mr. Coax.” The emcee said. “You seem nervous. Are you?”

“Yea.”

“Why don’t we give him a big hand to help him ease the nervousness he feels?” And the crowd followed. “So, how many pins you have there?”

“Six.”

I heard disapproving cheers from the crowd. “Only six? Why?”

“I woke up late and most of the pins were taken.”

“Oh I see. That’s a lesson. If you want to have something good, you better move fast.” He said. “So, please tell us something about yourself.”

“My name is Vincent Coax and the last eight years of my life was not really a life at all. Not until this girl came and changed everything.” Why am I saying this? I am saying this hoping that the speakers would be loud enough for Liz to hear what I am saying. “Thank you.”

There was a brief silence but Diane and her friends clapped their hands and cheered for me.

“That was unexpected, Mr. Coax. May we know who that girl is? She might be here right now.”

“She wasn’t here. Because she’s waiting for the winner for their dinner date.” I said.

“Oh, is that the reason why you joined this contest?”

I nodded. “If I want something good, I better move fast.” I answered, mimicking what he said.

“There you have it ladies and gentlemen! Mr. Vincent Coax!”

The crowd applauded as I walk down the stage. As I reach the backstage, Justin stood there with an insulting look at his face.

“Do you think letting everyone know would help you win her?” he asked.

“Who says I even need help?” I said, as I walk past him.

“You’re not going to win this competition, Coax.”

I stopped from walking and then said, “And you’re not going to win her, Stewart.”

After a few minutes, all contestants are asked to come up on stage for the announcement of the winner.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I have here in my hand the results of the Search for this year’s The Bachelor. And gaining the third highest point of 93%, we have…” The drum rolled. “Former Bachelor Mr. David Hughes!” Dave stepped forward to receive his award. “Mr. Hughes will receive 1,500 USD, gift certificates worth 1,000 USD and free spa at Weasley Island’s Spa-radise.”

The crowd cheered for Dave although some of Dave’s fans were quite disappointed that he only got third place.

“For the second place, to receive 3,000USD, 2,000USD worth of gift certificates and also a free spa at Weasley Island’s Spa-radise,; garnering 95.6% we have…” Drum roll again. “Mr. Justin Stewart!”

The crowd was surprised with the result. All I can hear right now is ‘Huh?’ and ‘For real?’.

“And to announce this year’s Bachelor, may we call on the person behind Weasley Island, the owner of the Weasley Island herself, Mrs. Isabel Weasley!” the emcee stated and the crowd stood up and applauded as an old lady climbed up the stage.

She kind of looks familiar.

She grabbed the microphone and started talking, “A bachelor is not just good-looking and appealing to the ladies. He helps even without expecting pins in return. He stands up for what is right not for what his ego says. A real bachelor has a helping hand ready even to those whose age can’t be seen on calendars. This year’s Bachelor, and the one who offered his help to me even he’s not asked to do so, is… Mr. Vincent Coax.”

Wait. That’s my name. Does she mean me?

I stepped forward, oblivious of what is happening around me. Some were cheering and some were not. Some are happy, some are not.

Before I receive my prize, Justin grabbed the microphone. “Hey! That’s not fair! He won just because he helped you?” Justin said. “That’s not even written in the mechanics!” he said as he holds out the piece of paper known as the mechanics in the old woman’s face.

The old woman grabbed it from him and ripped them in his face. “What mechanics?”

I smiled at her fierce attitude. She then looked at me and handed me my awards.

“You didn’t tell me you own this island Grandma.” I said as we were taking pictures.

“That’s a surprise.” She said. “Now, if you want something good, better move fast. She’s waiting for you.”

And with that, I walked down the stage and was escorted to the place where Liz was probably waiting.

This will be our first date. And tonight, I’ll make her mine.

 ******************************************************************************

Hehe. Is it worth-waiting for?

Announcement:

I don't know if this is appropriate but...since Christmas is fast-approaching, I would like to -- uhm -- answer ANY questions you might want to ask me - anything you want to know, even personal stuff. :))

It's my way of saying "Thank You" for you and take it as a small Christmas gift from me. Just leave the message on my Message Board or send me a Private Message. :))

Question:

Pretending that you are Vince, what Christmas gift will you give to Liz to show what you feel for her and why? 

I'll be waiting!

Please vote, comment, and fan if you like! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 891 25
She didn't predict it. She didn't know. She had no knowledge about it. She didn't even have the slightest idea about it. All she knew was, she was go...
3.9K 199 33
She watched and loved , everything of her , as she did the same to her. You may say it's seldom for her to admire her without a feeling that grew. ...
4.2M 72.9K 78
he wasn't supposed to be intrigued by her innocent nature and she wasn't supposed to become bedeviled by his snap and senselessness. he thought he wa...
15.4M 410K 97
He was completely and utterly oblivious to everything that he had caused and she absolutely hated him for that. [UNEDITED] [DUAL POV] TW: eating dis...