~ Light Of Hope ~ (A Toushir...

By AmeChan192

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN BLEACH CREDITS GO TO TITE KUBO~SENSEI~~<3 Yuuki is a bright, cheerful, compassionate... More

Hi Guys!! (^w^)v
1. " Things Lost in the Rain "
2." Into the Abyss "
3. " New Beginning "
4. " Home "
5. " Unknown Origins "
6. " Shinigami Daikou "
7. " Parting and Reunion "
8. " To Soul Society "
9. " A Chance Encounter "
10. " A New Found Hope "
10.5. Extra Chapter - " 3 Again "
11. " Girls Day Out "
12. " The Sacred Jewel of Soul "
13. " Growing Feelings "
14. " Incoming Storm "
15. " Game Start "
16. " Missing Again "
17. " Battle Preparations "
18. " I Hear Your Voice "
19. " Reunion "
20. " Confession "
20.5. Extra Chapter - " Personality Gone Bad "
21. " Confusion "
22. " Vasto Lorde "
23. " Calm Before the Storm "
24. " The Guardian Deity "
25. " Friends and Foes "
26. " Frustrations "
27. " Visored "
28. " Espada "
29. " The Twelve Honoured Knights "
30. " Light x Dark "
30.5. Extra Chapter - " First Date "
31. " True Feelings "
32. " Training in Hell "
33. " Visions of the Past and Future "
34. " Deciding One's Fate "
35. " Personal Vendetta "
36. " Complications "
37. " Hell Has Fallen "
38. " Strategy Meeting "
39. " Under the Moonlight's Glow "
40. " Nagisa "
41. " Pledge of Loyalty "
42. " Awaken "
43. " True Meaning of Sacrifice "
44. " Memories "
45. " Camaraderie "
46. " A Heart That Doesn't Forget "
47. " Choices "
48. " The Inner Abyss "
48.5. " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 1) "
49. " Deepest Secrets "
50. " Truth Unveiled "
Sequel
51.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 2) "
51.5.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Last Part) "
Thank You

Final Chapter ~ A Place to Return To

299 12 1
By AmeChan192

Amaterasu and Shinjo continues their conversation.

"After we left, Kazu told me about Yuuki. However I was determined to get Yuuri's soul back so I decided not to return until I get it done. After five years, I heard news that they were about to sacrifice Haru as well. So I came back to take his place, I figured that it might be the fastest way to retrieve Yuuri's soul by going to the Abyss' center.", Shinjo said and paused for a moment. "I told them I'd go willingly in exchange that they wouldn't harm Haru or Yuuki. I waited for them to open the dimensional gate that took Yuuri away. I warned them that I have my trusted men keeping an eye on them. The moment they make that wrong move, Kazu will be there to slaughter them all."

"But you failed since Tsukiyomi managed to take over you.", Amaterasu said.

"That's right.... Kazu and the rest still followed me due to their loyalty but they won't obey everything I commanded so I eventually made things easier for them by using the power of the Abyss to corrupt them as well.", Shinjo said. " A few months later I attacked the village. You guys know the rest....... everything I did was unforgivable.... I've let Yuuri down, killed Haru, made Yuuki suffer and killed so many people. I can never make amends for all my sins. Maybe if I were to die then...."

"Stop right there!", Amaterasu suddenly said cutting him off. "Dying will be too easy."

"Then what should I do?"

"Live.", Amaterasu simply said.

"I don't deserve to live...", Shinjo said as he looks down in dismay.

"You've misunderstood."

Shinjo looks at her with a confused expression on his face.

"Live and suffer, let all those memories haunt you until your last breath. Some people feel more pain living than dying and you're one of them. That's why... if you were to die then it would be the same as running away. If you think it's all your fault then you have to face everything head on.", Amaterasu said as she looks intently into his eyes.

Shinjo clenched his fists and remains silent as he looks down on the floor.

"Well... that's up to you to decide which path you'll take. Let's just make it clear, you're of no use to us dead. The least thing you can do is to help out, you can't die until you fix every mess you made."

"You know I can't fix everything..... I can't bring people back to life.", Shinjo said with a sad look on his face.

"There you go again....(*sigh*) if you don't stop with that wishy-washy attitude then I'll smack some backbone into your face!"

(*sweat drop*) "Backbones are supposed to be at the back not in the face, right?", Shinjo mumbled.

"Who cares?! I didn't mean it literally!", she exclaimed.

"Then what do you think I should do for now?", Shinjo asked.

"For starters, why don't you stay by Yuuki's side and support her? I'm sure while you do, the things you need to do will follow naturally. There's no need to rush things."

Shinjo stands up with a light smile on his face.

"Thanks Amaterasu."

"No prob... but I warn you, if you mess up again then I'll keep on pestering you.", Amaterasu said and smirks.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me... I need my beauty rest.", Amaterasu said and disappears.

Shinjo proceeds to the door. The moment he set foot outside, someone bumped into him and pratfalls to the ground. He looks at Yuuki who just got back from Orihime's place.

(*sigh*) "Yuuki, what are you doing running all over the place when you should be in bed?", Shinjo as asked as he helps her get up.

"I'm fine now, please excuse us this is an emergency!", Yuuki exclaimed and grabs Orihime's hand then leads her to Toushiro's room.

Once inside, Orihime didn't waste any second and proceeds to heal Toushiro. Yuuki sits beside her and holds his hand with a worried look on her face. They sat in silence for a while until Yuuki finally decided to break the silence.

"I'm so sorry for suddenly kidnapping you this late at night."

Orihime chuckles.

"It's okay, it's an emergency, though you can fill me in tomorrow.", she calmly said.

Yuuki nods and sighs in relief when Toushiro looks a lot better.

"Since it's already this late you should spend the rest of the night here.", she said.

*******

The next morning, Yuuki explained things to Orihime. They slept together in the same room right next to Toushiro's. Then a knock on the door was heard outside their room. Yuuki opens it and Shinjo steps inside with a serious look on his face.

"We need to talk.", he said.

Hearing this, Orhime decides to leave to let them talk.

"I guess I'll go home now, see you later Yuuki-chan.", she said.

"Okay, thanks again."

"I already told Nagisa to accompany you home. She's already waiting outside.", Shinjo said to Orihime.

"Oh, thank you.", Orihime said and steps outside the room.

Orihime bows before leaving. As the door closed, Shinjo turns his attention back to Yuuki.

Meanwhile, Toushiro finally wakes up and gets off to bed. He steps outside and saw Orihime.

"Oh, Toushiro-kun I'm glad you're okay now.", Orihime said.

"Yeah... were you the one who healed me? How'd you get here?", he asked.

"Hai, Yuuki was the one who brought me here last night."

"Arigato."

"Douitashimashite.", Orihime said and smiles. "I should get back home now, see ya."

Just as she was about to leave, Ichigo saw her.

"Ah! Inoue? You going back home now?", he asked.

"Yeah, say 'bye' for Yuuki-chan for me."

"Hm? Is she still sleeping?"

"No, she's having a talk with Shinjo-san."

"I see..."

"Bye guys!", Orihime said and waves her hand.

After she left, Ichigo turns his attention to Toushiro.

"You seem to be doing fine now... that's good.", he said.

"Yeah."

"Are you going back to Soul Society?"

"After I talk to Yuuki, yeah."

"Are you going to tell them everything?"

"I'll leave that decision to the Shinohara siblings."

"Inoue said they seem to be talking about something. It may be important so we'll just have to wait."

More than an hour later, Yuuki and Shinjo finally steps outside of the room.

"Ah! Finally you guys took your time.", Ichigo said.

"Sorry, were you waiting this whole time?", Yuuki asked.

"Yeah, now let's go home.", Ichigo said and turns to Toushiro. "You two can talk at home later."

"Actually... Ichi-nii, I can't go home yet.", Yuuki said.

"W-Why?!"

Yuuki stares at her feet with a sad look on her face. It took her a while to answer, Shinjo knows it must be hard for her.

"You know that Shinjo-nii is a fugitive so we can't stay here. Seireitei is bound to find us anytime soon. I can't leave him alone so I'll go with him."

Toushiro and Ichigo's eyes widen in surprise.

"Y-You're leaving??!", Ichigo asked.

"Hai....", Yuuki said in dismay.

"To where?!"

"I don't.... know...."

Ichigo stares at her. There was a moment of silence until Toushiro speaks.

"There has to be another way! If they know the whole truth then they might change their minds!", he said.

"Whether or not we tell them the truth, it doesn't change the fact that I've committed so many unforgivable sins and claimed the lives of many. I'm sure both of you know as much as I do that they won't let me off just like that, do you?", Shinjo said.

Silence fills the air once again, they know the Shinigamis have no power to stop Shinjo's execution.

"So this is your answer? By running away? What's more is that you're taking Yuuki with you who did nothing wrong!", Ichigo angrily said.

"I can assure you I'm not running away but the opposite. I cannot repent for my sins if I'm dead, can I? I thought a lot about it.... for starters, I need to help Yuuki and train her to her fullest capabilities. That's why I'm taking her with me."

"I'm sorry Ichi-nii but I wanted to go.... I can't defeat Tsukuyomi or save Yuuri at my current state. That's why.... I have to do this!", Yuuki said with a determined look on her face.

Ichigo and Toushiro are still hesitant.

"What will I tell dad?", Ichigo asked.

"Ichi-nii, I'm sure that if you understand then dad will too. Besides... it's not like I'm leaving for good. I will return before you know it... because... this is the only place I call home.", Yuuki said with a smile on her face.

"How long will you be gone?", Toushiro asked.

"That... I really don't know...."

"I see... then Yuuki... I won't say goodbye.", Ichigo said and hugs her tight.

"Tell dad sorry for me.", she said as she hugs him back.

Ichigo releases her and nods.

"I'll see you later then.", he said.

"You're leaving so soon?"

"If I stay any longer I might change my mind and drag you back home."

(*sweat drop*) "O-Oh... I see..."

Shinjo leaves as well to give Toushiro and Yuuki some time.

"Yuuki, I'll prepare the things we need just be back before dusk.", he said.

"Okay.", Yuuki said and turns her attention to Toushiro. "So....", she said as she scratches the back of her head.

"Shall we go out for a walk?", Toushiro asked.

"Sure!", Yuuki happily said.

Toushiro and Yuuki head outside their hideout that was surrounded by trees. Silence fell between then two as they walk until they found a small pond. They sat down at the edge and Yuuki dips her feet in the water while Toushiro sits on the grass behind her.

"Ne, Shiro.", Yuuki called without looking at him.

Toushiro turns to her.

"I just wanted say.... sorry."

"Again? For what?", he asked with a confused look on his face.

"Ever since you met me, your life pretty much went out of whack. I dragged you into the middle of my problems. That's why I thought it's only right for me to protect you. I want to get even stronger for you and for everyone else.", Yuuki calmly said.

(*sigh*) "Yuuki, things might've been even more messed up if we didn't meet. Surely troubles came along the way but we all came through in the end, right?", Toushiro said.

"I guess so.... but.... things are only beginning...."

Silence fill the air arround them once again. Not an awkward silence but a comfortable silence as they enjoy each other's company. Toushiro lays on his back on the soft grass with his head resting on his arms and looks at the sky. Yuuki stands up and lays on her back beside Toushiro as well and they both look at the clear blue sky. A few minutes later, Toushiro heard an even breathing indicating that Yuuki fell asleep. It was no surprise since she didn't sleep much last night. He looks at her sleeping form and smiles.

(She's so defenseless right now...), he thought.

His eyes fell on her plump lips and unknowingly leans in. He quickly snaps out from his trance when their lips were only an inch apart and abruptly backs away. He then looks back at the sky to keep himself distracted. A few minutes later, a yawn escapes from his lips. After some time, his eyelids became heavy and eventually fell asleep as well.

A couple of hours later, Yuuki wakes up and rubs her eyes then looks at Toushiro who's still asleep. A smile formed her lips and kisses him on the forehead waking him up.

"Did you have a good nap as well?", Yuuki asked.

"I guess I fell asleep too...", Toushiro mumbled as he rubs his eye. "What about you?", he asked.

"I slept like a log!", Yuuki said and grins. "It was really comfy!", she said with a thumb's up.

"I see..... so..... should we get going?"

"Already? What will you tell everyone at Seireitei?"

"To be honest I'm not sure.... but I still need to tell them the truth eventually.", Toushiro said and stands up.

He offers his hand to her to help get up, Yuuki gladly accepts.

"It's up to you if you, we'll be long gone by the time they dispatch a search party anyway."

"Even so, they might still come after you so I guess it's better to keep it from them until you get back. But what about Aikawa and Ibara? They're staying, right?"

"Yeah, they'll be staying here to support you."

"Why isn't Aikawa coming with you?", Toushiro asked.

"Aikawa? The older one or the younger one?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you didn't know? Ma-kun and Kazu-kun are brothers. Kazu's real name is Kazuiko Aikawa, he's the younger one."

"First I've heard of it...."

"Anyways, only Shinjo-nii and I are going. The rest will stay here to keep things under control."

"I see... we should get going then...."

Just as he was about to take a step, Yuuki suddenly grabs his sleeve. He turns his attention back to her and saw the light blush on her cheeks.

"What is it?", he asked.

"W-What about m-my... g-goodbye.... k-k-kiss??", Yuuki stuttered and blushes even harder.

Toushiro's eyes widen and blushes as well. He faces her and scratches his cheek nervously. Yuuki looks at him and closes her eyes. After a short while Toushiro leans in and kisses her........ on the forehead. Yuuki snaps her eyes open and glares at him.

"W-What??", Toushiro nervously asked.

"Why only on the forehead?!", Yuuki asked as she pouts.

"B-Because.... ummm... it's to make sure you come back.", he stammered.

"I am coming back!"

"T-Then I'll kiss you for real when you get back, I promise."

Yuuki sighes in defeat and chuckles thinking how cute he is when he gets embarrassed.

"Oh well... at least another reason to look forward to when I get back.", Yuuki mumbled and smiles.

Toushiro ruffles her hair.

"You know.... you have this habit of disappearing on me.", he said and smiles bitterly.

"Sorry.... but you always manage to find me in the end, right?", she said and smiles.

Toushiro smiles back at her.

"Let's go.", he said and stretches his hand to her.

Yuuki nods and takes his hand, they walk back together hand in hand.

Once they got back at the base, Shinjo was ready to leave. They wave at each other goodbye and went on their separate ways with smiles on their faces.

"Oh yeah, before we leave I want to meet someone.", Shinjo said to Yuuki.

"Sure, who is it?", Yuuki asked.

*******

At the Kurosaki Clinic, Shinjo knocks on the door. Isshin opens it and lets him in. Meanwhile, Yuuki is at Orihime's place to bid farewell as well. Shinjo wanted to talk to Isshin and didn't want Yuuki to be there in case they really do change their minds.

"So you must be Shinohara Shinjo.... I knew your father.", Isshin said.

"That's right, you used to be dad's captain at the 10th division a very long time ago.", Shinjo said. "Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for taking good care of my little sister.", he said as he bows his head deeply.

"No need to thank me, I just did what comes naturally. I'm just happy that for years she finally found her family.", Isshin said with a gentle smile on his face but there's also a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for leaving on such short notice and taking her with me.", Shinjo said and bows again.

"Well you are going back so it's all okay. I admit that we'll miss her but she can be quite stubborn. Once she sets on something she won't back down easily. And besides... this is something she wanted to do so we won't stop her."

"I see... we should get going then, we still have a long way to go. Thanks again, we'll see you."

"Take care of her okay?"

Shinjo nods with a smile on his face and leaves to fetch Yuuki. Once outside the boundaries of Karakura Town, Yuuki looks back.

"Goodbye everyone, Karakura Town... I'll see you again.", she firmly said.
.
.
.
.
.
~ End of Book 1 ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1.3K 26
In her first week as the head of the Fifth Division, Akira struggles to balance her personal demons with her duties as a captain. She soon finds hers...
24.1K 786 22
This story used to be "Redhead Love" but got changed after I edited it and realize being with Renji wasn't even the main topic of the book. This book...
266K 9.2K 26
Finally having the once in a year summer break, Yumiko Fujimoto decided to fly back home to Japan from America to finally see her best friend, Yui Ko...
276K 9.2K 42
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...