A Long Way From Home (ManxMan)

By xoxo_Prince

Terrell and D'wight have been going strong for six years, on the continuous path to happiness. D'wight throws... More

b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.
m.
n.
o.
p.
q.
r.
s.

a.

1.8K 69 5
By xoxo_Prince

" I just don't think this will be the best type of home for the child. " Ms. Irene stated, hesitantly.

" What's the difference between a heterosexual household and a homosexual household? " I asked. She looked around, thinking. " Nothing but the pairing of the parents. The child will go through life, just as any other child would. "

" I just don't think that would be the best right now, I'm sorry. " she apologized.

" Ms. Irene, you know how long we've been at this: once every three months. Can we just get some slack, I just don't understand? " D'wight begged.

" I'm sorry. " she repeated. We nodded, getting up to leave the office. I held the door for D'wight as he walked out, walking to the car.

" You good, baby? " I asked him, cranking the car up. I looked over at him and he let out a deep sigh.

" I'm good. " he replied, putting on a fake smile.

I put the car in reverse, backing out of the parking spot and heading home. I continued to glance over at D'wight, who was obviously aggravated. I grabbed his hand, kissing it. He looked over at me, smiling.

" What would you like for dinner? "

" I don't know, you're the chef. You know I eat whatever you cook. " he replied, seeming to feel a little better.

" How about baked chicken breast, with my signature barbecue glaze? " I looked over at him, and he smiled brightly.

" You know that's my favorite. If I don't thank your mother for anything else, it would be for that recipe. "

" Oh, so that's it? " I side-eyed him.

" And her handsome, intelligent son. " he kissed my cheek.

" That's better. " I bit my lip, winking at him. He hates when I do that.

" You want to play games, keep on. " he warned me, and I laughed.

We pulled into the driveway of the house, getting out of the car. I unlocked the front door, opening it and shaking at the feeling of the cool breeze.

" Thank God, we are home! " he yelled out, being dramatic.

" Shut up. " I stepped behind him, grabbing his waist and planting a soft kiss on his neck. " Go freshen up and step into something sexy for daddy, please? "

He moaned. " Terrell, why must you play these games. "

" I'm serious. " I squeezed his ass, making him laugh. He walked up the stairs, walking into our room.

I walked into the kitchen, first washing my hands, and then looking into the fridge for the ingredients. Chicken breast, barbecue sauce, potatoes, and parmesan cheese. I peeled the potatoes, placing them in the hot water. I grabbed the fresh fruits from the fridge, cutting and slicing them. I grabbed a pot, placing it on the stove. I turned it to medium, pouring the barbecue sauce into it. Once it got hot and thin, I placed the fruit in it, mushing everything together for the perfect blend.

" It's smelling pretty good in here, babe. " D'wight cooed, walking over to the kitchen island. I smiled.

" You pulled out the shorts on me, huh? "

" You said something sexy, and that's what I'm giving you. " he walked his fingers up my spine, making it tingle.

" Go check the mail, smart ass. "

He gave me one of his signature faces, walking outside. Momentarily, he returned, shuffling through the thin pieces of paper in his hands.

" Anything came in the mail today? "

" Bills, and another letter saying that we won't be able to adopt. " he sighed, handing me the piece of paper.

" Why don't we just take a break for a while? " I asked and he looked at me.

" I thought this was what you wanted? "

" I do, but I'm tired of the rejection. " I shrugged.

" Maybe you're right, I know we've both been stressing lately. " he walked around the island, hugging me from behind. " By the way, it looks like it's about to storm outside. "

" Is that so? " he sat on the counter, next to me.

I grabbed the chicken breast, seasoning them. I assorted them on a flat pan, popping them in the oven. D'wight grabbed his laptop, checking on the weather.

" It says that it could get pretty bad tonight. " he told me.

" You never know, we reside in Florida. It could possibly pass on by. " I replied, picking up my phone and checking my notifications.

" That is very true. " he swung his legs.

After an hour, dinner was finally done and we sat down at the table to eat. The thunder lowly growled, lightly shaking the house.

" I hope the power....... " the lights quickly went out, leaving us in complete darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 2.9K 35
Clay and George, two boys whose lives both had declined drastically, two boys who were supposedly never meant to meet, however at the same time desti...
82.7K 3.7K 24
Clay has autism and finds comfort in simple things, the illuminated a fireplace on a winter's night, fish swimming and stuffed animals. However, this...
52.8K 3.4K 51
π™Žπ™šπ™¦π™ͺπ™šπ™‘ 𝙩𝙀 π™…π™šπ™¨π™©π™šπ™§ Miles and Ash are a textbook example of the saying "opposites attract". Miles couldn't keep his mouth shut even if his...
103K 5.8K 32
Lafayette was the school's only out kid. Then Eden came along. Fay was all confidence, known for his flawless acting and effeminate clothing. He didn...