Cinderella's Fangs

By Forcade

[ROMANCE/VAMPIRE/HISTORICAL FICTION] Cinderella isn't new to hardwork and being ill treated by her stepsi... More

1. Madam Zaraf
2. Accused
3. Into The Forest
5. The Sadness
6. Helped

4. The Stranger

8.8K 230 47
By Forcade

Cinderella slowly opened her eyes, for all she could see was but a blur. Her vision finally focused on a familiar ceiling. A soft voice called out her name. Cinderella glanced at the direction of the voice, she felt at peace to see Madam Zaraf's face.

"Oh, thank goodness, you're alright! No, don't get up." she said as she held Cinderella down. "Stay rested in bed."

"What happened?" Cinderella asked softly. Her body ached, and her forehead was throbbing in pain. Cinderella touched her forehead and felt a cloth, perhaps a bandage wrapped around her forehead.

"Well, I'm not sure what really did happen to you, I hoped you would tell me."

" Hm, the last thing I remember is I fell, and my head...." Cinderella tried to recover the details. "So, was it you who found me?"

Madam Zaraf paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. "I suppose that is correct. Anyways, try not to talk, child. Your forehead was in a nasty condition when you were found. Not to worry, I cleaned it up a bit so, it won't leave any scars. Try to sleep."

"I don't feel sleepy, just a little bit weak. Would you keep me company?"

"Of course." She said and took a seat. "What were you doing there? In the forest?"

"I thought there might be someone hurt, so I followed you." Cinderella bit her lip. "But honestly, I was just curious. I apologize."

"Ella," she said in a motherly tone.

Cinderella felt her heart soften. She was the only person who called her by her real name.

"Cinderella, it is okay but you must promise me to never go into the forest, at least not alone. Do you understand?"

"Yes. I promise." Cinderella said without hesitation.

She responded with a warm smile. "Can you get up? You need you to eat." she said and pointed at a tray of food.

Cinderella slowly rose from the bed with the help of Madam Zaraf's. Madam Zaraf brought

"This will keep you warm and give back your strength."

Cinderella gave her a smile. "Thank you." Cinderella took a bite out of the warm bread. "May I ask, why you went into the forest?"

"I just needed to do something, don't worry yourself about it."

Cinderella could feel that Madam Zaraf' did not want to talk about it, so she didn't press on the subject. "Did you hear about the ball?"

"For the prince's birthday? Of course! That is all the townsfolk talked about. And all these young girls were giggling and dreamily speaking of the prince, as if he were going make them his bride." Madam Zaraf's voice sounded amused.

"You think that too? Is the prince really looking for a bride?"

"He is old enough to get married, and the people do want to see their future queen on the throne. You will be attending the ball as well, I assume?"

"I want to go, but I'm sure step mother has no plans to take me. Besides, I don't even have a dress." Cinderella frowned.

"Ella, you will go to that ball, because Ia will help you. Do not worry about the dress, don't worry about that!" Madam Zaraf smiled. "I think I have the thing! Of course, it's needs a little stitching here and there."

Cinderella was speechless at her kindness and her will to help me. Cinderella felt something inside her lit up. After a very long time, Cinderella felt something was about to change.

Staying overnight with Madam Zaraf was a good choice. She insisted Cinderella stay in her humble home, and forbid Cinderella to say no. Cinderella did not want to be a bother, but she hushed her away when she mentioned it. In truth, Cinderella did want to stay, not because she was hurt, but because she won't feel lonely in that empty house. Some parts of Cinderella wanted Madam Zaraf to take care of her, to make her feel she was loved.

Cinderella felt dirty and itchy, all she wanted was a bath to clean herself from the feeling. Madam Zaraf reminded her of the river bed not too far away. 

The river bed had very clear water.  It wasn't overall huge, about it was the size of two family houses put together. The water glinted like little crystal thanks to the sunlight. The grass was mellow, and calm. This place was hidden by various trees, a secret place and was introduced to Cinderella by Madam Zaraf. It was near her house, but far enough away from the forest.  

Cinderella smiled. This scenery gave a dreamy and calm feeling. It makes one's heart fonder, by the second. The wind was gently humming through her hair. She felt  truly happy at this moment. 

She placed her clean set of clothes on one of the shorter tree branches, next to a giant rock. She set her soap box down on the ground and then looked around once more before taking of her bandages and dirty clothes. She left in her white  inner dress. 

She took a step forward towards the water. It was as if it were waiting to embrace her. She dipped her right foot  into the water to check the temperature. The water was just right, she slowly walked into it until she started  to swim, peacefully. 

Before she knew, it was almost sunset. The beautiful colors of orange, yellow and red reflected on the water like it was  Autumn. The trees and grass became a darker green, and some had silhouettes. She did not want to get off the water. It felt like soft music where one can rest and it erases any problems. But she had to start getting ready and get dressed before nightfall. She lazily dragged herself towards the dry land, swimming in the slowest pace possible. 

Cinderella suddenly paused. Did she really hear something? She turned her head to hear she thought she heard the distant noise. She heard a horse, and it was coming closer. The footsteps of the horse grew louder and louder. There's a high chance the horse wasn't alone. Her heartbeat quickened and she froze but her mind was going through a war.

Move. Move! Run! Hide! She thought, begging her body to move.

She sped to get on land. Her regret was freshly alive,  why didn't she leave sooner? She looked back once more to see if I she had time to make a run for it but it was too late. She was face to face with the horse. The saw the horse gazed at her unapologetically, like it was mocking her. Then she heard a man's voice not to far.

Her body reacted on it's own, taking a huge breath she dived into the water.  She would hold her breath, in hopes they leave in time.  She knew she will regret this idea.

She opened her eyes underwater,  she wasn't too deep in. She could see the blur shapes of the horse and a human figure. She decided to slowly swam a little closer to the big rock, hoping to hide behind it and wait until they left. She could see the big figure,  which must be the horse coming close to where she was. Her heartbeat raced. The damn horse was following her. She closed her eyes, focused on holding her breath or else she would panic.

Please leave! Please. She thought.

Suddenly, she felt a yank on her hair. It hurt her and she could not hold her breath any longer. She rose to the surface in a splash with a sour scream and started to cough. 

"Whoa, let go of her hair." a man's voice said trying to calm his surprised horse behind her. "I said drop it, open your mouth Jon!" The white horse had finally let go of her hair.

Cinderella rubbed her the back of her head. She felt a sudden fear that this man may do something evil to disgrace her. She hugged her body unable to move. She knew her inner dress was see though, she felt annoyed and wish he'd just leave without trouble.

"Are you okay? I did not mean to frighten you nor did my horse I'm sure." he paused.  "Oh! My apologizes,  I wasn't aware of your...condition. I am already looking the other way."

Cinderella glanced at the owner of the voice, he looked very tall and built. And as he said he was looking away. Cinderella hugged myself even more tightly and tried covering herself into the water. Only the tip of her head stood top reached the surface. At least her fear had been erased, this man was a gentlemen. 

"Are those your clothes?" He pointed and Cinderella nodded. "I will go near there and face the trees,"  he pointed. "while you come out and change. My horse can help you keep covered."

Cinderella felt really delighted and thanked him.  The man walked towards the trees like he promised. Cinderella bid farewell to the water and stepped on the dry land being covered by the horse and trees. The sun was almost gone, hastened to dry herself and wore her dress.

She called out to the man to let him know she had finished. She was drying her hair with the towel as he was walking towards her but kept some distances. 

"I apologize again. I did not mean to scare you. I thought me and Jon," he said pointing to his horse. "Were the only one's who knew of this place."

"So did I. I guess not any longer." Cinderella said smiling.

His voice was cheerfully mellow and respectful. His blue eyes, shows truth and his short blonde hair was softly put. His shoulders were broad. Cinderella reached up to his shoulders in height. His strong jaw line looked heroic. This man looked a victor. 

"Are you a knight?"

"Ah, I suppose so. Yes." he chuckled. "What is your family name?  Do you live near this area?"

That question triggered her. "Oh! I am late. I have to go." I said as I picked up my clothes. I am sorry, and thank you for everything." Cinderella said and sped.  

She could hear him calling out to her. But It was dark and Madam Zaraf would be worried, she couldn't idly chit chat.

Halfway to Madame house she met Madam Zaraf, herself. She was carrying her lantern.  Madam's squinted to see who she was and felt relieved to saw it Cinderella.

"I was worried about you, Ella. Why did you not come back earlier?"

"Sorry, Madam Zaraf. I lost track of time." Cinderella said smiling ignoring Madam Zaraf's questioning face.

The two of them walked together back to the house. Cinderella looked back.

I wonder if I will see him again? She thought.

-----

A/N: Thank you guys for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! Please vote or comment! That just gives a boost to write more! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 6 17
This is a story about a princess that isn't exactly very lady-like... Her father thinks the best way for her to have any hope in doing good for the f...
2.4K 248 23
Amy had a great life, she had a wonder dad who would do anything for her. Had. Once her dad met her step mother there was a terrible accident that ki...
2.9K 243 29
-Completed- Have you ever heard the story of Cinderella? You know, the girl who is the servant of her "evil" stepmother and "wicked" stepsisters, and...
531K 25.9K 30
A fairy godmother internship is just what Noelle needs to escape her family's pumpkin business . . . until she starts to question her own happily-eve...