The Dream Traveler

By The3dreamers

Being engaged to a fiery world that's lost in the darkness of her memory can be dangerous. In Acklemar, Wren... More

PITCH and BOOK TRAILER VIDEO
Chapter One-New Discoveries
Chapter One (part 2)-Tied in Knots
Chapter Two-She Drives Me Crazy
Chapter Two (Part 2)-Shackled NOT Bound
Chapter Three -Lady's Sphere
Chapter Four-Traitor
Chapter Five - Remember
Chapter Six-Pandora's box?
Chapter Six (part two)-A Prophecy
Chapter Seven - What Have You Done?
Seven (part two)-I'm Not the Only One.
Chapter Eight - Let's Play Darts
Chapter Eight (Part 2)-I'm a freak
Chapter Nine-What have I done?
Chapter Ten-Spellbound
Chapter Ten-Busted (part two)
Chapter Eleven-- One Hundred Percent
Chapter Eleven (Part Two)--Caught
Chapter Eleven (Part Three) --Taking our Welts
Chapter Twelve--Not the only one with secrets
Chapter Twelve--(part two) Birdie
Chapter Thirteen--So Romantic (part one)
Chapter Thirteen- Changing the Rules (Part 2)
Chapter Thirteen - Keep and Key (Part Three)
Chapter Fourteen--Welcome to the Keep.
Chapter Fourteen (Part Two)--Only One Option
Chapter Fifteen--Under My Skin
Fifteen (Part Two)--When You Need Me Most
Chapter Fifteen (Part Three)--Throwing the Torch
Chapter Sixteen--Ready to Fight
Chapter Sixteen (Part Two)--Not alone.
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Seventeen (Part two)--267th moon
Chapter Seventeen (Part three)-Wanna Bet?
Chapter Eighteen--That changes everything
Chapter Eighteen (Part 2)--Can't touch this.
The Dream Charmer (THIRD BOOK)

Chapter Three-Full Flame

3.5K 380 77
By The3dreamers

Hi, Traveler fans! Another chapter! I'm totally getting a kick out writing this story. Hope you all like it too! I've done lots of writing this week but mostly editing on Dream Weaver stuff. Once I get through the editing, my full attention will be back on this book. Next chapter, one week away! Thanks for reading. :)

I cleared my throat. "A prophecy? About me?"

She cringed and twisted a piece of Kellan's towel in her hands.

If her reaction was anything to go by, this wasn't going to be good. "You might as well tell me. I'm thinking the worst anyway."

She glanced down at her lap and nodded. "We had to read, The Traveler's Guiding Prophecies as part of our training in our guild. I remember the one about you, though. It spoke about a girl that had two marks of promise on her. Which I thought was odd, probably the reason why I remember it, since it's supposed to be impossible. That is—until now. But there they are. Huh?"

"Yeah, cool. This is how I've always pictured getting engaged," I said in a sarcastic tone throwing my arms in the air motioning to the dirt ground and leafy walls.

She laughed. "Yeah, I guess not. But Kellan's hot. Jaxon's not bad looking either."

"It's Jax's temper that I don't care for," I said rubbing my ankle. "What else? Did the prophecy say anything important I should know?"

"There was something about destroying or bridging the worlds..."

"Destroying the world?" What? Now I was starting to freak-out. "Details. Come on. What else do you remember?"

"Uh, it wasn't like I thought I was ever going to have to recite it verbatim. That prophecy has been around for centuries and the pages are tattered in our guild book. It did say something about saving the world or was it the one..."

The word "destroy" sat in my thoughts. "Great, not sure that's going to matter if I manage to blow us all up or somehow zap us into another dimension. I have no idea what I'm doing with these crazy abilities. I can't even tell you how I got us back on Acklemar."

"There might be more information in the official hall of records. It's under to Traveler's protection. There are hundreds of recorded prophecies there. My guild would've only had a portion of your prophecy. So even if I could remember more, I'm not sure I'd have all the information anyway."

"Why's that?"

"Too much information about the future can be dangerous," she said like she'd been told the answer a hundred times before. "So, when a seer has a vision, it's recorded. Then each guild is given only the information they need if they have something to do with the prophecy."

I gasped. "Do you think Kellan might know more?"

"It's possible. You could ask."

"Come on, let's find out." I paused and watched her tuck the necklace back under her shirt. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Besides from being a little tired? Yup, all good here."

I started to crawl toward the entrance and stopped when I felt a tug on my shoe.

"Wait. Is Robin really here?" She rolled her lips and rubbed her hands against her knees.

"Yeah, why do you want to know?"

"Well, last time I saw him, I dumped my drink down the front of him and crushed the cup against his chest." She covered her face with her hands.

"You what?" I said, trying not to draw the attention of the guys outside.

She let out the breath she was holding. "I know. But Jaxon burned my arm and I..."

"I think he's over it. By the way he was holding you, trying to stop the bleeding, I'm pretty sure he'll be thrilled to see you're okay."

"Really? Ahhh, he does care." She grinned and looked around the shrub tent. "So what do you think the sleeping arrangements are going to be?"

"Sage..." I chucked the dirty t-shirt next to me at her.

"What? Inquiring minds want to know."

"Get your mind out of the gutter. Come on, let's see how the guys are doing," I said poking my head outside the shelter.

The two of them were leaning over a pile twigs and were bickering on how to light them. Robin had two rocks he was banging together trying to get them to spark, and Kellan was rubbing two twigs together as fast as he could.

"That's never going to work," Kellan said surveying the rocks in Robin's hands.

Robin peered up from the stones and looked at the sticks Kellan was holding. "Well, it's not like you're doing any better."

I leaned into Sage and whispered, "You didn't pack any popcorn in one your bags, did you?"

"Shhh," she said quietly, "I don't want to miss the show."

"Hey, my talent is water, not fire." Kellan sat back on his heels. "You're the one who hangs out with fire dude all day. You'd think you'd know how to light one by now."

"Jaxon is the one who blows things up and lights them on fire, not me. So I've never had a reason to learn how with him around, have I?"

"Worst Boy Scouts ever. No fire starter badges for you two," Sage said as she came to standing dusting herself off. Robin's eyes darted to Sage, and the rocks tumbled from his grasp.

"Second that," I said checking out the green wood Kellan was using.

"Sage!" Robin jumped to his feet. "You're all right!" He blushed when he realized he was standing toe to toe in front of her, looking like he wanted to hug her but wasn't sure if she'd let him. "I don't understand, how are you even walking?"

Oh, good question.

Sage cast me a sideways glance and said, "Wren told me you guys lather me up in Rosemary's special cream? Check this out." She yanked up the side of her shirt and pointed to the scar. "Your grandma really needs to mass market that stuff. She'd be rich!"

Robin stared at the scar and bit his lip. "Whoa... That's amazing." He peered over his shoulder at me. "Did you know that stuff could do that?"

"Nope, I've never seen gran's ointments in action before yesterday. But I now know why people come from all over to get their hands on a jar." Okay, technically, I wasn't lying, but I still felt a pit form in my stomach from my stretching the truth.

"So guys what's for dinner?" Sage said rolling a log a closer to the would be fire.

I took a seat next to her. "Dinner? They'd have to get that fire started first." I nudged her.

"Why? You don't think that's possible?"

Gramps used to take me camping for weeks at a time every summer. He was a bit of a wilderness survival enthusiast. Lighting a fire without matches was sort of a game for him, so it was hard not to learn how to do it, given I'd seen him do it a hundred times before.

"Nope," I smirked.

She raised an eyebrow and gave me an evaluating look. "Okay, how about a friendly wager who can light the fire first. You or the guys."

Kellan raised his head and smiled. "What's the wager?"

"Winner gets first pick of tonight's sleeping arrangements," Sage replied. "My money is on my girl, Wren. I have a feeling you two don't stand a chance."

Kellan's eyes sparkled a bright blue. "Okay, on two conditions."

I could tell had something up his sleeve. "And they are?"

"We get the two chocolate bars Sage has stashed in her bag if we win."

Her mouth dropped open. "How does he know what I have in my bags?" she said in protest.

"I guess that's my fault. Your stuff was scattered everywhere when we landed. Besides Snoopy here, knows no boundaries. Just be glad it wasn't your underwear drawer."

Her eyes twinkled, and she gave a wide smile. "So looking forward to hearing that story. Kellan can have the chocolate bars if you tell me," she whispered.

"Okay, but you have to answer a question, Sage and I have, if we win then."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled. "Always looking for answers, aren't you?"

I ignored him."What's your other condition?"

"We get to pick which method you have to use to start the fire with," he answered.

I almost laughed out loud. This was going to be a piece of cake. "Deal."

Robin nodded, "I'm keeping the stones. I think I'm getting the hang of it." He picked up the sticks and asked, "Do you want the sticks Kellan?"

Kellan reached over and plucked one of the sticks from Robin's hand. No sooner than he touched it, the green bark dried to a dull brown color, then he dragged his hand down the pencil-thin stick, and the bark fell to the ground.

"Cool trick." I eyed the dried out stick with suspicion. "Well, what will it be? Wood or Stone?" I cracked my knuckles.

"Neither." He ran the stick between the palms of his hands and smirked. Then he lifted the hem of my jeans with the twig, showing off Jaxon's ring. "Given that you have some fire in you, you should be able to light it all on your own."

I knew it. Cheat. "You're joking, that's totally not fair." I nudged Sage for support and then looked back at Kellan. "It's not as if I've ever used any fire ability before."

"What, you think we've been practiced lighting fires with stick and stones?" He flipped the branch in his hand and caught it by the end. "Besides a deal's a deal, and I for one am looking forward to getting to pick where everyone sleeps. And I'm going to enjoy every bite of my chocolate bar."

"So not going to happen you cheat. Bring it on." I leaned over to Sage and whispered, "Got any tips?"

She opened her mouth but before she could say anything Robin spoke up and said, "Hey, now who's cheating?"

"Fine." I stood up and got closer to the pile of wood that was propped up like a tipi. Let's get this thing started."

Kellan grabbed a flat looking piece of wood, placed it in front of him and leaned on a section of it with his knee. Then he took his stick and started rubbing it between his palms creating friction against the wood.

I looked back at the pile of logs and branches, waved my hands and said, "Sticks ignite."

Robin, blurted out laughing when he heard me. "Why don't you try abracadabra, while you're at it," he said in a sarcastic tone and continued laughing again.

"If you're so smart, why don't I see you lighting any fires." I thought back to when Jaxon lit the lights in the tree and pushed fireworks into the air. He never said anything. No wonder Robin was laughing. The wood stick Kellan was turning was starting to smoke.

Think. Maybe if I pictured it in my mind? I closed my eyes and thought of a tiny flame in my palm. I peeked on eye open. Ugh, not even an ember.

"Whoo hoo, lookie, lookie." Kellan had a tiny spark smoldering on the plank. He was lightly fanning it, giving it air.

No way, I'm letting him win this one, scammer. I needed to find out more about my prophecy. My skin flushed, and my arms started to tingle. The more I thought about Kellan and his stupid rules, the angrier I got. Rules. My breathing was getting faster. I closed my eyes, and I could felt a twinge of heat push through a crack within me.

Miss me? I heard Jaxon's voice boom my head.

"Ahh." I jumped and kicked the logs over in front of me. I closed my eyes and felt my muscles go stiff. Get out of my head.

You're the one calling for fire. Did you think you could do that without me knowing? He laughed.

I felt his warmth rush through my veins. He was tapping into my thoughts, seeing what I saw.

Oh, a little competition with Kellan? I'm down for that action. He voiced. Okay, this is what you need to do—

I'm so not listening to you.

Okay, but you're not going to win this one without my help. I felt Jax grin inside my thoughts. Come on. I need to make it up to you for losing my temper earlier. Besides, it will be fun to help you kick his butt.

I heard Robin holler in the background and the smell of smoke filled the air. They had to be close to getting a full flame.

Fine. But only because you owe me and don't think for one second we're even. What do I have to do?

He laughed, Ha, ha, that's my girl.

*Time to show some LOVE...please consider a Vote of support!

FREE Pixie Dust to all voters. (All right, I don't have that. But I'll be sure to send warm wishes your way.)

LOL :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.6K 45
In her mind, LIna had no past, no present, and no future. She was left of the steps of a church the day she was born and was adopted. She fears she w...
4K 725 71
Tallulah James wants to know where she belongs and what her life's purpose is. The only problem, she doesn't have all the facts. But who is keeping...
1.6K 977 52
{{ THIS BOOK IS THE FOURTH INSTALLMENT IN THE TITULAR SERIES. PLEASE READ THE FIRST THREE BOOKS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE FOURTH. LOVE Y'ALL ♥}} The...
317K 22.7K 44
*Previously Featured* Wren's first day at her new school is a twisted kind of day--in other words, anything but ordinary. With Kellan and Jaxon battl...