The Blue-eyed Adonis™ (Boy x...

By YourJoniverse

Once a nurse, now a trolley boy at S Tower. Darryl Mckinley is contented with his job until he stumbled upon... More

The Blue-eyed Adonis (Boy x Boy)
Chapter 1 - Doomsday
Chapter 2 - The Terrorist and the Monster
Chapter 3 - Might be Destiny
Chapter 4 - He Sealed It
Chapter 5 - Jack
Chapter 6 - Found you
Chapter 7 - Jealous? Pfft.
Chapter 8 - Fire and Ice
Chapter 9 - Caught in the Act
Chapter 10 - Flummoxed
Chapter 11 - Haunted
Chapter 12 - Evicted
Chapter 13 - Meet the Devil
Chapter 14 - I'll make you mine
Chapter 15 - Drowning
Chapter 16 - Busted
Chapter 17 - I'll take care of you
Chapter 19 - Taken
Chapter 20 - Take me in
Chapter 21 - Seven Years ago
Chapter 22 - Don't you dare!
Chapter 23 - It's you
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Interlude

23.1K 782 107
By YourJoniverse

Song of the Chapter: Exit Wounds because I love The Script

...

Chapter 18
Interlude

BLUE'S PERSPECTIVE

Where the heck is he?

I stared at the nearly emptied wine glass and the phone that I gave him. If he just placed this in his pocket, I could have contacted him by now. I have been waiting for hours already.

Damn Darryl, where are you?

FLASHBACK

Mason and I followed the board members out the conference room after the exhaustive meeting, although we both knew that we weren't really paying attention. We were both chuckling on the joke about us being bored during the meeting.

When we reached the glass door, I saw Darryl staring at me.

I almost rush to him. I definitely miss him. I miss how he felt against my arms. But not now, I still have an unfinished business to attend to. Until then, I have to wait.

Even so, I still want to talk to him. I miss how he articulates the words especially when he utters my name let alone when he moans it.

Arms engulfed my neck and I suddenly felt a peck on my lips and I saw Claire, smiling at me. "Good Job."

"Thanks." I muttered although I really want to get out of her hug. And she did let go of me only to clung back into my arms like a leech.

I sighed. Two more weeks, two more weeks and Darryl and I will be finally together.

Darryl, just wait.

I glanced at him but he was shadowed by Mason whose back is at my direction.

What are they talking about?

I narrowed my eyes. Something is definitely going on between the two. And that touch they shared in the boardroom a while ago, surely something is up.

I just shook my head and chuckled to myself after I realized what I was thinking.

Mason is just friendly, he always is and Darryl is not that hard to befriend. And Mason, that bastard, will never swing this way right?

I'm being paranoid.

...

All of the board members of both companies have already went back to their respective works. Each of them stopped by at me to congtatulate and whatsoever.

The last one left but I scanned the room and took no sign of Mason. That guy really is a jerk.

I chuckled at the thought. Then I remembered, I have to talk to Darryl.

But where is he?

"Sheila, have you seen McKinley?" I approached my secretary.

She looked up from the computer screen. "I haven't seen him after the meeting sir." She said. "And sir, it's Laila, not Sheila."

"Oh." I said as I barely comprehend what she meant. My mind is on Darryl's whereabouts.

I took my phone and dialled his number and was surprised to hear Beyonce at the top of Darryl's desk.

I looked at it. He left his phone?

END OF FLASHBACK

I stared at the phone again and I heard the front door creeking.

DARRYL'S PERSPECTIVE

Ugh. Why does it have to creek? Damn door!

I slapped it and "Ow!" Great! You're some idiot Darryl.

"What might the door have done for you to slap it?" Blue said as he approached me, his blue eyes glistening under the faint light of the room.

"Goodevening." I muttered and looked after I failed to decipher what his expression is conveying.

"Where have you been this time?"

Great. I took a deep breath.

"I went to McDonalds." I said.

"McDonalds?"

"Yeah." I said. That's a lame excuse but hey, I can't think of another. And besides I cannot use my sister and Sarah anymore. And I really went to McDonalds, just the drive thru anyway. And I was with Mason-but I cannot tell him that.

"Very well." He sighed. "Next time you leave, make sure that you have your phone with you. I didn't buy it just so you could leave it in your desk." He said and handed me the phone.

I took it. "Sorry. It won't happen again." I said.

I looked up at him and our eyes met. I wad about to shook my head down again but his left hand held it.

He moved closer. Is he gonna kiss me again?

But he just sniffed me. The tip of his nose touched the base of my lips and upward until we were nose to nose. He smiled. "You indeed smell of fast food."

I was taken aback. He smiled?

"I told you." I said. And you smell of wine. Your scent is intoxicating and I want to melt in your arms once again.

"I have something to ask you." He said casually.

"W-what is it?" I asked. But what's with the sttuter? I mentally face palmed.

"Get inside first." He said.

And I realized we are still at the doorway.

He walked towards the couch. I followed him after I closed the door.

He sat and motioned me to do the same. Since the room is illuminated with a faint light coming from the mini bar, I could barely make out his face. But the shadows amplifies his features making him look more masculine.

Ugh. What am I thinking?

"Wine?" He offered.

"No, thanks." I said.

"Okay. So we'll proceed to the matter then." He stated.

I nodded. "What is it about?" I asked.

"Is something going on between you and Mason?"

I panicked like never before. Ugh. What am I going to say? But nothing's going on between us right?

The kiss?

Crap. The kiss. But it was nothing right?

But you consented it.

No I didn't. I was merely being kind.

Ugh. What to do? What to do?

"Well?" He broke the silence.

I opened my mouth to speak but damn, my voice failed me. So I cleared my throat.

"None." I said.

I avoided looking his eyes.

"Good." He uttered and rose to his feet. "You and I will be going downtown tomorrow afternoon. You can skip going to the tower." He said and left.

It was not I expected.

...

BLUE'S PERSPECTIVE

The fresh wind of the morning made the curtains dance as I stood beside it.

The door opened and Claire materialized. "Good morning."

"I don't think I can do this anymore Claire." I said.

I heard her sighed. "We only have two weeks left and it's all finished. You will have nothing to worry about. And besides, you also need me to make Darryl jealous right?" She eased her way beside me.

This time, it was my turn to sigh. "It was never intended to come this far." and I miss him. I was about to add but I saw Darryl walking towards the pool with a bathrobe and a book held in his right hand.

"But you cannot just tell him without concluding this scheme of us right? We still have something to do and you know that." She faced me. "Please help me on this Blue." She pleaded.

"What do you think I am doing?" I asked and stared back to Darryl who sat beside the pool and dropped his feet on the water and started reading the book.

"I know. But please endure a little longer. At least two weeks more."

"Okay. But I have to be with him." I said.

"You really went weird huh. Is there any way to turn you back?"

"If there is, I would choose to stay this way-with Darryl." I said and headed to the bathroom to take my bathrobe.

DARRYL'S PERSPECTIVE

The feel of the cold water against my feet is so refreshing. I'm glad Blue told me to skip going to tower, it's been a long time since I had wee hour like this.

I am reading Sophie Kinsela's book and I can't get my eyes out of it. I have to finish this before Blue and I go to the downtown.

Suddenly I heard a splash of water that took me out of Sophie's world. I looked at the ripples in the pool. Clearly, someone has jumped.

I put the book down to see who disturbed the placid pool and all of a sudden, Blue emerged on the shallow part of the pool. His eyelids closed as he ran both his hands to his hair to stop the water from dripping his eyes.

Upom doing so, he exposed his flawless underarm to me and did he know that it was my fetish? Damn! And his adonis belt!

He looked so handsome and I can't help but to entertain the silly thoughts added with the fact that he is dripping wet.

And there is more behind those black, tight swimming trunks of his.

I swallowed. Dang.

Then he opened his eyes, catching me gaping. Crap. I automatically looked away and found the book to cover my face.

"It's a good morning." He stated.

"Uh, yeah." I said with my face still covered with the book though I cannot concentrate anymore.

"Why are you reading the book upside down?" He asked

It took a moment to register what he said and when I did, my ears felt hot. Damn you Darryl for being so idiot!

I automatically turn the book. "Ugh, I was looking at the footnote." I lied.

"Really?" He said, palpably amused, as he made his way beside me.

I nodded, closed the book immediately and avoided looking at him because I know I would just humiliate myself for blushing so hard.

I removed my feet out of the water to walk away because my mind is not functioning well with him around.

"Wait. Where are you going?" He asked.

"Inside." I said without looking at him.

"What you're not going to swim?"

"No." I said.

"Ah. What a waste? I went here to accompany you but it turns out that you're not swimming."

"I didn't plan om swimming. I just went here to read." I defended. It's not my fault. I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Is it? Or you just don't know how to swim."

What?

"Excuse me?" I said turning around but it was a mistake. I saw him goofishly smiling at me as he sat on the edge of the pool, exposing his muscle. And his blue eyes are gleaming.

"Am I right?" He pushed.

And that's enough to fuel me.

"For your information, I know how to swim!"

"Then why don't you show it to me then?"

"Fine!" I said and took off my robe realizing after that I  only wearing my boxers and nothing more.

And I had no choice but to jump in the water.

And I heard his laugh. It was so manly. "Is that how you jump?" he asked.

"No!" I said  "It's what you call uniqueness and originality." I snapped drawing more laughter from him.

And the way his adams' apple moved up and down as he laughed...

Damn, what am I thinking?

"Well?" He asked. "If that's what you call swimming-"

"I know!" I said and dove under the water and surfaced on the opposite end.

"Well?" I asked.

"I'm not convinced." He said.

I raised my brow. "Like hello? What did you think I just did, teleport?"

He chuckled. "Swim back here."

"Fine. And if this didn't convince you, I don't know if your definition of swimming is the same with mine."  I said and dove back.

And I bumped into something which isn't obviously the walls. I opened my eyes and saw feet.

I surfaced and saw Blue standing in front of me with a very close distance like I could hear his breathing.

"S-so?" I asked.

He smirked. "You're good at moving your body as you swim."

"I'm glad you noticed." I said.

"I wonder what else you're good at with your body?" He asked that has taken me aback.

And he said it huskily.

Then he chuckled and tousled my wet hair. And to my surprise, he pulled me into him and embraced me, my face on his chest. What?

...

I cannot stop the smile form in my lips as I went inside my room after the pool encounter. I really missed the feel of it- the feeling of being secure inside the arms of the man I love.

I stared myself against the mirror and my smile is undeniable.

I took a deep breath of contentment.

I hurried on changing my clothes and went out.

I found him waiting on the doorway. He let go of his executive look and shifted into his happy-go-lucky bachelor aura. But I love both of his looks.

"Why are we going downtown, I may ask?"

"There's something I needed to buy and I could use your help." He said.

I chose to be silent.

...

We went to a sort of jewelry store, the kind that your eyes would feast on the glittering stones and gems. And diamonds everywhere.

This place is wow.

Blue tap me in the back, just near my waist and I realized I wasn't moving.

I mentally slap my face and walked inside but he didn't remove hias hands until we reached the attendant behind the glass of stars.

"What can I help you with sir?" The woman asked.

"I am looking for a proposal ring."

Proposal ring

Proposal ring

ring

ring...

At the sound of his voice uttering those words made the world suddenly buzz.

I suddenly felt weak and my smile faded. The diamonds lose its sparkle and the gems dulled.

Is he...is he proposing to Claire? Is this the reason why he brought me instead of her?

"Hey, Darryl." I felt a thud that somehow managed to take me out.

"Y-yes." I said.

"What do you think of this?" He asked, pointing on the ring with a small diamond above it.

I stared at it. I imagined him kneeling in front of Claire with this ring and suddenly I wanted to run.

But I can't.

My throat hurts. I was merely holding the tears back that the lump keeps building.

I must be happy for him right?

This is what I want for him right?

"So?" He asked.

I nodded but even the simplest act of nodding took strength to do. "I-it's nice." I said, swallowing.

"How about this sir?" The lady took another box with other set of rings and there's one that caught my eyes.

It is a white banded ring with three round cut diamond and the center being the biggest.

"How about this?" I asked, composing myself.

"That's a nice choice sir." She took it and lay it above the glass. "It also comes in pair. This is for the fiancee and..." she took another ring with similar look but the diamonds are embedded on the band itself. "this is for the fiance."

"That's great." Blue said. "Thank you Darryl, I think I found what I've been looking for." He said.

I'm glad for you and congratulations in advance.

I thought and turn around. "I'll wait in the car." I said.

"Okay."

I won't cry. There's no point.

It's gonna happen.

So much for lifting up my spirit this morning. I'll cherish that moment with you.

|end of chapter 18

...

_I'll be silent for the moment_

Love lots ♥

©|1DS™

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 10.3K 27
Nathan Reed start living with his sister only to have a better life. Got a job at a small cafe is a good start for him. But never in a million years...
62.4K 2K 18
That one day changed his life forever. A mission gone wrong. His mind falling apart. His memories being rearranged. Will he remember what happened to...
156 17 15
Lucky or unlucky, Randy finds his true love at his new company. Who turned out to be one of the most important person who runs the company. While enj...
25.6K 1.6K 40
This story is my imagination💜 This story is about time travel A boy who accidentally stuck in his novel he's the 1 mafia in his world Then unexpe...