Insanity

By coffeeseokjin

sometimes people can go a little mad when something absurd happens... {Cast is in Isolation (extra material b... More

00
01: Breakfast
02: "Are you really here?"
03: Bad Dreams
04: Something's Wrong
05: Water
06: Scares
07: Fool
08: Dreams And Pillows
09: A L O N E
10: A L O N E (pt.2)
11: Flights
12: Home pt.1
13: Home pt.2
14: New Neighbor
16: Screenshot
17: Movie Nights
18: Deals
19: Airports
20: Something Like Fire
21: Landing
22: Oh, Sisters
23: You & I
24: Talking Walls
Q&A
25: Oh, Weird
26: Gas On My Hands
27: Emotions
28: Safety
29: Disappear
30: Questioning
31: Moments
32: Wonder
33: Resurrect
34: Pain
35: Book, Pain, Anger
36: Attempting
hi (important)
37: Dreams, Maybe?
38: Recovery
39: Words
40: Closure
41: Blaming
42: Too Much Comfort
43: Desolation - End
44: Epilogue

15: Dinner

77 5 1
By coffeeseokjin

Yes... Josh Dun... No he's not evil or after the family (that we know as of now..seriously tho he isn't) yes friends with Tyler in this but he'll show more in the story. You'll be seeing a lot of Josh tho because he's super important!!

Also, I'll probably be gone this weekend, so the next chapter is posted as well :) Don't forget to comment and vote loves!

Enjoy

»Katie's POV« 

"When will he be over?" Kendall asked from the kitchen, throwing noodles into a pan filled with boiling water.

"I told him to be here about six, so he should be here any-" I was cut off by the doorbell.

"He's here!" I squealed, covering my mouth quickly as Logan gave me a sly look.

"Go open the door for your boyfriend." He chuckled, motioning his hands to the door.

"You little as-"

"Katie!" Kendall yelled, making me growl and walk to the door.

I stood at the door and took in a deep breath, turning back to see Logan was watching. I shook my head and reached for the handle, twisting it and pulling the door open. I looked up to dark brown eyes.

"Hi, Katie." Josh smiled lightly.

"Hi - hi come in." I blushed slightly and stepped to the side, letting him slip into the house as I shut the door behind him.

Logan stood up from the couch, walking towards us with a smile on his face, and a grin towards me. I swear if this fucker embarrasses me.

"You must be Josh." Logan smiled, reaching his hand out for a handshake, "I'm Logan."

Josh hesitated but reached his hand out too, shaking Logan's, "Yes, pleasure to meet you, sir."

"I'll go get Kendall." I blurted out, dashing for the kitchen and looking to Kendall with a crazed expression.

"What?" He mouthed, looking out to the living room and seeing Josh, making his eyes widen.

"That's him?" He mouthed again, making me nod and look around.

"You need to introduce yourself." I whispered, "If Logan ruins this for me I swear."

He gave me a weird look, then nodding as if he understood what I meant. He walked towards the living room, and I followed after him, seeing Josh was laughing about something with Logan.

"Josh," I called out, making him turn to me, "This is Kendall."

"It's nice to meet you both." Josh smiled sweetly, looking to the two then to me, winking towards me when Logan and Kendall looked to each other.

"Hey, dad is the spaghetti almost ready?" I asked, trying to avoid the wink.

"Yeah, it'll be at least five move minutes." Kendall answered, "Excuse me." He spoke and walked back to the kitchen, heading straight for the stove.

"Dad, why don't you go help Kendall?" I asked hurriedly.

He gave me a weird look and gave in, nodding and walking to the kitchen, only to hear Logan burn himself on the stove first touch. Idiot. I looked around, but my eyes went to Josh, seeing him look back at me and grin. He chuckled slightly, overhearing Kendall and Logan about the spaghetti sauce.

"Do they do that often?" Josh laughed, looking to the kitchen and shaking his head.

"Oh, you have no idea." I sighed, "They're so weird that's probably why they belong together."

He chuckled and looked down, then back to me, his cheeks turning into a soft red. I smiled and put my hands behind my back, swinging on my heels back and forth slowly.

"You know you're really b-"

"Dinner is ready!" Kendall interrupted, making me turn and glare towards him.

He put his hands up in defense and ran back into the kitchen, telling Logan that I might punch him or something. Chuckling came from Logan, telling him to calm down and not to embarrass her.

"Well," I smiled, "Let's go eat."

We all sat at the table, Logan and Kendall sat between Josh and I. I knew what they were doing, and it didn't bug me so much I just really wanted to get to know Josh some more. I mean, since he would be our neighbor from now on.

"So Josh," Kendall started, "You're living alone?"

Josh set his cup down, "Yup unless family comes to stay for a while or a friend but other then that completely alone."

Kendall nodded, glancing at me then back to Josh, "Are you moving here for college? Work?"

"Maybe college, but you see I mainly wanted to live on my own." He replied, a bright smile lying across his face as he talked to my parents.

I couldn't help but smile, watching him talk with Kendall and dad even laughing about random things. Kendall was mentioning how he was supposed to go to college for music but didn't. Logan could mainly watch since he had already thought Josh was a good guy. But both of us know he probably still thought something was going on.

A phone went off in the living room, making Logan turn to me, "Katie Cat can you go check who's phone that was, Kendall and I left our phones over there on the table."

"Sure." I smiled, standing up and looking at Josh for a moment, seeing talk with Kendall about his old band.

I made my way to the living room and looked to the table, seeing other their phones. But it impossible for me to find out who's belonged to who, considering the fact they had the same phone. I opened the screens on the phones; one was blank, and one had an 'unknown' labeled message.

I set the blank phone down quickly and opened the one with the message. Thank gosh, they don't have passwords on them. I clicked the messages and clicked on the new one.

'Are you even serious? You can't get away with something like that you'll get caught.'

I looked at the message, trying to figure out who sent it but it was private. I quickly took a screenshot on the text, sending it to myself. I deleted the message off his phone and deleted the screenshot too, waiting for my phone to go off but I probably still had it on silent. I stood up and walked back to the kitchen, sitting in my seat as I looked to my parents and Josh.

"Katie what was it?" Kendall asked, turning towards me as Logan and Josh bickered about music.

"Oh," I paused for a quick second, "It was just football news, I didn't check who it was I just cleared it."

Kendall nodded and turned back to the other two, watching Josh talk about his friend Tyler and their road trips.

"So he ends up dying a line down my back red from my hair since he didn't pay attention." Josh finishes, Logan and him both laughing to the point of almost crying.

I giggled and watched them, seeing a friendship slowly rise. And it was perfect. There's nothing better than being best friends with your neighbors, especially if your parents are good friends with them.

Everybody finished their plates and drinks. But the boys still sat there, telling crazy stories, I could only laugh, seeing how crazy someone's travels can be.

"It was wonderful to have you over." Kendall smiled, "You're welcomed over any time you'd like."

"Thank you, really." He smiled towards him as they all stood up.

I stayed quiet, thinking about the text message. What were my parents trying to get away with? What if that was just work related? It could be, right?

"Katie," Logan called out, making me blink and look towards him to see him standing behind me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Josh is waiting outside for you." He smirked, rubbing my head and walking to the sink.

"You're so embarrassing sometimes, dad." I laughed a bit, walking into the living room and heading to the door, opening it to see Josh's back.

He turned his head and smiled lightly, "Hey."

"Hi," I answered, shutting the door behind me and walking down the small steps towards him

"I might sound crazy but can we go walk around and talk?" He asked, "You didn't talk so much during dinner."

"Oh - sorry about that." I simply replied.

"Do you think we can go walk? I want to see the neighborhood too." He chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pockets and looking towards my face for an answer.

"Sure, let me go tell Logan," I said to him, watching him nod as I turned to the door, opening it and turning the knob to come inside.

"Dad?" I called out, looking to the kitchen.

"Yeah, kiddo?" He called back, I walked towards him, seeing he was just finishing with the dishes.

"Josh wants to go walk around the neighborhood, and I thought I'd join him," I told him, waiting for his reply.

"Do you have your phone?" He asked as he dried off his hands.

"Yes."

"Then have fun and be careful, both of you. Call me if anything happens." He demanded, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"Yes, sir." I smiled, hugging him quickly before running out to the door and opening it.

Josh turned to me, excitement written on his face, his brown eyes had gotten darker because of the light. I shut the door behind me and walked down the steps, my cheeks hurting from how big I was smiling.

"Let's go?" He asked, his eyes filled with joy along with a big smile right under.

"Let's go." I giggled, watching him start to walk, and I followed right next to him.

It was quiet, yet comfortable, the only noise coming from our shoes and the trees rustling. The cold air pushed against our clothes, trying to make us turn back and head home. The bright sun was still out, but not so bright anymore. It wasn't so high up in the sky either, with what time it was right now.

"So," Josh broke the silence, "You call Logan by dad but you call Kendall by his name, aren't they both your dad?"

I looked at him a moment, "It gets confusing sometimes, but I just prefer calling Logan dad. He's the one I look and act like more." I chuckled, watching him stare.

He nodded, "Is having two dad's... good?"

"Good as in what?" I replied, stuffing my hands in my pockets as we passed the little yellow home in the corner.

"Well, are they more protective, understanding, all of that." He laughed slightly, his laugh slowly becoming recognized in my head.

"Yup, but they're weird idiots." I held in a laugh, watching him give me a strange look.

"How are they weird?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh cause one time we were at the mall, and I was looking at this guy, Kendall sat down next to me pointing out cute guys I'd probably date," I told him, watching him try to control his laughter.

"Those are parents for you." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair, "Is there a park near here?"

I froze for a second, thinking of that park, "Oh, yeah, it's more up the street."

"You don't mind if we go do you?" He asked, his eyes looking straight into mine, making me blush lightly.

"Of course not." I faked a smile, god I haven't been there since that day.

We kept walking, looking around, trying to avoid each other's eyes. Our hands would rub against each other, and I'd move mine away, but it didn't seem to bother him.

"Tell me about yourself," Josh told me, his voice soft and clear.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I giggled, pushing my hair back, "Ask me anything, and I'll answer."

"Have you always lived in that house?"

"Yup, well, for most of it," I answered.

"Where were you when you didn't live there?" He asked, concern written over his face.

"With my grandparents, but it was just for a few weeks."

"Why did you have to stay with them?"

"Kendall needed some time to recollect himself at a mental hospital," I told him, which I really shouldn't have. Why would I say that when I didn't even know myself?

"Where was Logan during all of this?" Josh hesitated to ask, more attention put on me as he walked closer to me.

"Have you ever heard of.." I paused, looking down, "A man that died, but he came back over 17 years later?"

"What does that have to do with Logan?" He asked confusion in his time and on his face from the weird look I got.

"That's where he was," I told with a quiet voice.

"You mean.. that's him?" His expression grew with amazement to shocked, but I don't blame him, everyone else had this moment.

I could only nod; my eyes had slowly begun to water up over telling him about what happened to Logan. The conversation went dead, maybe even past that. Josh could only look from me to the ground beneath us trying to figure out what to say. I shut my eyes, trying to calm down. I didn't want to ruin the night.

I opened my eyes and felt myself be pressed again something tough, my arms against it and it covering my face. I continued to guess, but the smell of a light cologne was telling me what was going on. I lifted my head up, seeing soft brown eyes looking down to me.

"Hi," Josh whispered.

"Hi." I mimicked, making my lips curve up into a small smile.

Josh only looked down to me, admiring what there was, taking a moment to calm me from something he knew was a touching conversation. I leaned my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Gosh, did I like him already? It's only been a few hours.

"Sometimes a few hours is all some people need."

I paused for a second, looking up towards him, "W-what?"

"I like you too." He answered, "Even if it's been a few hours."

I could only stare at him, trying to wrap my mind around his words. He must have been joking, or I was hearing things. Chances are it was the second choice because stuff like that only happens in the movies.

He smiled widely, cupping my cheeks in his hands. Leaning in slowly, I looked up into his eyes, seeing him look right back to me. His lips pressed against mine, sending sparks through us as he pulled me closer for the moment, only to pull back a few seconds later. I blushed, biting my lip and watching his face.

His cheeks grew a bright red, "Katie I really do like you."

"But it's only been a few hours," I argued, this must have been some dream.

"Time doesn't define love - or having a crush on someone." He simply answered, his arms still wrapped around me as he watched my movement.

I smiled and nodded, feeling him move away from me. Josh quickly decided that we'd head back home instead of reaching the park, the sun had already gone down enough to the point we can't see our shadows anymore. So we both turned back and walked towards home.

"Josh?" I asked, looking up towards him, seeing him instantly turn to me.

"Yeah, Katie?"

"Where does - where does that kiss leave us?" I hesitated, looking away from his eyes to the street in front of us.

"Where do you want it to leave us?" Josh answered softly, reaching his hand out to mine and holding it against his.

"We both know where." I blushed, "But I want to take this slow. I've never really - had this."

"Had what? A boyfriend?" He asked, swinging our held together hands up and down in the air, smiles plastered on our faces.

"Yes." I quietly answered, looking to him and watching his reaction.

"Well, I would love to be with you, we can take this slow." He assured me, rubbing his thumb on my knuckles.

"Okay." I blushed, looking down to the ground with a wide smile.

The walk back was too fast, knowing that I'd to say goodbye for the night wasn't something I agreed with. I wanted to get to know this red haired boy; there was something about him. Ever since I saw him this morning near the moving van, even if that sounded completely lame. I tilted my head back up, feeling that Josh's hand left mine. My head turned to him, watching him turn to me too.

"Can't we stay out here and talk some more?" I asked, practically pleading.

"I wish we could." He smiled with a laughed, standing in front of me as he held both my hands this time, "But I can't keep you out all night."

I sighed and nodded, "Understood, but can we at least talk on the phone tonight?"

"Of course." He smiled, leaning in again and kissing me slowly, carefully yet quickly.

He let my hands go, and I went to hug him, wrapping my arms around his waist as his arms wrapped around me.

"God, we've only been officially doing this for an hour or something, and I'm already getting buggy about things." I laughed, hearing him laugh a touch too.

He unwrapped his arms from me and kissed my forehead, "I'll see you tomorrow alright?"

I nodded, "Okay."

He smiled, and I turned to the door, walking up the steps. Once I reached the door, I turned back, seeing that he was already walking back to his place. I sighed happily and turned the door handle, stepping inside and locking the door behind me.

"How'd it go?" Logan asked, looking down to Kendall who fell asleep during the movie they put on.

"Well.." I dragged out, smiling widely at him, hearing my phone go off from my pocket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 513 26
This is a book full of your favorite (and not so favorite) scenes of Big Time Rush. I have short stories and one shots in here, too!!
1.3K 331 37
Memories are dangerous, emotions are forbidden, and love is out of the question... ............... #1 in #TEENREADS on 15-12-18 #3 in DEADGIRL on 29...
2.6K 77 26
DISCLAIMER WE HATE THIS BOOK PLEASE STOP READING IT ITS SO CRINGE BUT WERE NOT TAKING IT DOWN BECAUSE IT HAS VIEWS (lol) BUT PLEASE VIEWER DISCLAIMER...
38.1K 2.1K 55
Meeting someone at your lowest point who understands the struggle you're facing can be everything, until your struggles become the reasons you're hur...