Fire // Dark!Scorbus

By greyedges

albus is interested in the dark arts, and it doesn't help that his best mate is a son of former death eater... More

Year One - The Oddball Out
Year Two - Pathological Lies
Year Three - Drowning
Year Four - Run Away
Year Five - Irritable
Year Five (Continued) - Power
Year Six (Continued) - Feelings Get In The Way
Year Six (Continued) - The Truth
The End

Year Six - Retry

1.3K 67 72
By greyedges

(sorry it took so long to update, I wrote and rewrote this chapter like 5 times and still don't like it very much but I'm going with it bc at this point I don't think I'll be able to have anything better. Also if you'd like to know the other drafts were quite more dramatic than this one... Idk I'm stuck in this writers block hell and it's been too long since I last updated help me)

••••

Scorpius was fidgety.

"What is it?" Albus asked, noticing his boyfriends odd behavior.

"I think we need to take a break," Scorpius admitted.

Albus looked at him blankly, "What do you mean by that?"

"Like, as a couple. I-I think we should break up," Scorpius couldn't peel his eyes from the bed sheets.

Albus felt empty, and void of the emotions he knew he was supposed to feel, "I don't think I understand... Why?"

"I-I mean we need a break, to just get the pressure of dating someone off our backs," Scorpius finally looked up at Albus.

"You feel pressure for dating me?" Albus wondered, kind of hurt, but also not sure what he meant.

"Well, no, I just - not you in particular - it's just - I feel there would be pressure when dating anyone, right? Do you... do you not feel that pressure?" Scorpius shrunk backwards slightly as if to close himself off. Albus was just confused.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Albus admitted. Scorpius frowned.

"Okay well, forget it then. But I still think we need a break..." Scorpius was still fidgeting.

"Is that what you want?" Albus asked.

••••

Albus numbly stepped into the kitchen where his mum was standing at the stove and the rest of his family was seated at the table.

"Oh, hello Albus!" Ginny greeted, "You're home from Scorpius' soon."

Albus was silent for a moment as he stood there, "Yeah, uh, Scorpius broke up with me."

"Oh darling," Ginny set the food down and quickly made her way over to embrace him. He didn't return the hug. "Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?"

Albus shook his head, stepping away from his mum to sit down, "No, I mean there's nothing to talk about, but yeah I'm fine. I don't really feel anything."

Lily gave him a sad look, but Albus knew she wasn't really sympathetic. Not that he even wanted their sympathy.

"What do you mean, you don't feel anything?" Harry asked.

Albus shrugged, "I'm just numb. There's nothing to it. If that's what he wanted then whatever."

"Aren't you a little bit upset though?" James asked hesitantly.

"I just don't want to loose him as a friend, because that's usually what happens isn't it? When friends date, they don't ever go back to just being friends again," Albus turned his attention to his plate and stabbed at his food.

The Potter's didn't say anything more, incase he had a fit.

••••

There was a knock on the carriage door and Albus looked up from his book.

"Can I sit in here with you?" Scorpius asked warily.

Albus gave his signature single nod and turned back to his book. Scorpius sat down on the seat across from Albus, debating if he should strike up a conversation.

Albus wasn't saying anything so Scorpius figured he would have to.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that you're probably upset and all, but I still want to be friends," Scorpius spoke up.

Albus didn't react for a moment, "Yeah, me too," he didn't even look up from his book.

"Are you mad at me?" Scorpius asked quietly.

"No," he answered shortly.

They were both quiet for several minutes, Albus reading, Scorpius anxiously fiddling with his hands in his lap.

"Why won't you talk to me?" Scorpius asked, moving closer to Albus.

"Because there's nothing to talk about, Scorpius," Albus said sternly, slamming his book closed.

"Yes, us-"

"No. No, Scorpius, there is no us anymore. You made that much clear the other night. What more do you want?" Albus snapped, discarding his book next to him.

"Why are you-"

"Because," Albus cut him off, "I heard you tell your little friend that I don't love you."

"Wha - who?" Scorpius asked, confused.

"Anora, that little fourth year that you started talking to last year," Albus crossed his arms over his chest.

"She's a fifth year and we barely talk..." Scorpius shamefully looked away.

"Speaking of the devil," Albus muttered under his breath, just as a short girl with waist length, straight brown hair pushed open the door and stepped in.

"Hey, Scorpius," she gave him a sweet smile, "Want to join me and my friends?"

"Uh..." Scorpius glanced at Albus who had turned away to dig out his cigarettes from his bag. "Sure," Scorpius stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Can I have one?" Anora asked Albus, referring to his cigarettes.

Albus gave Scorpius a confused look, but Scorpius didn't react. Albus handed over a fag and before he could offer, she lit it up with her own wand and took a drag.

"Come on now," Anora grabbed Scorpius' wrist and pranced off with him.

Albus laughed in disbelief and slouched against the seat, taking a long drag from his own fag.

The first month of school dragged on for Albus. The only times he interacted with Scorpius was when they bumped into each other in their dorm, or if they were for some reason paired in class.

It had been an hour past curfew and Scorpius still hadn't gotten back from Anora's, well at least that's where Albus assumed he had been.

Not that he cared that Scorpius was there... It was just that he had noticed...

Usually he'd hang out with Anora and her friends, then several minutes before curfew, he'd climb in bed and shut his curtains.

Of course if bothered Albus, but he would never say anything on it.

As of now he was sat up in his bed, reading with aid of Lumos from his wand that was resting behind his ear.

The dormitory door creaked open and Albus peered over his book, through his open curtains to see Scorpius slip in.

"An hour past curfew, that's a new record," Albus commented, his voice void of emotion.

"I had detention," Scorpius muttered, slipping out of his uniform black robes, his back to Albus. He wondered why their beds had to be next to each others.

"Oh wow! Detention? What for?" Albus asked, feigning curiosity.

"I got caught after hours," Scorpius replied. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth.

"It's not like you to get caught," Albus commented, "Hell, we never got caught doing anything."

"Just stop, Albus," Scorpius turned, glaring at him slightly.

Albus rolled his eyes and turned away as Scorpius pulled a plain night shirt over his head.

The next morning, after eating breakfast alone and ignoring his dad's worried glances from the high table (which he had been giving Albus since the first day back), Albus gathered his bag and started heading out of the Great Hall.

He was stopped by a seventh year girl, who was only slightly taller than him with short light brown hair. She looked a lot like Anora, but Albus didn't have time to wonder about this as he felt her palm against his cheek.

He stumbled slightly and held his own hand over the red handprint on his cheek, "What the fuck?" he spat, giving her his most deadly glare. If looks could kill, she'd be six feet under.

"Keep your boyfriend away from my little sister!" she demanded.

Albus was beyond confused, "Sorry? Who are you?"

"I'm Evanna and your little friend, Scorpius, has been hanging out with my sister Anora, and I don't like it. He's a bad influence on her. She got a detention last night because of him," she angrily placed her hands on her hips.

Albus gave her an annoyed look, "I can't tell him what to do, considering he's not my boyfriend... But I don't like them hanging out either."

"How about we hang out?" Evanna suddenly suggested.

"You just fucking slapped me..." Albus gave her a bewildered look.

"I know, sorry, I'm a bit impulsive... But maybe if they see us hanging out, they'll notice and stop hanging out themselves?" she explained.

"How in any way would that work?" Albus asked, "If anything it'd encourage them to hang out more," he pointed out.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "But maybe..."

"Listen," Albus cut her off, "I've got to go to class. Maybe I'll run into you later, yeah?"

"And then we can come up with a plan to stop them?" She asked hopefully.

Albus gave his nod, then walked off.

••••

Just as potions was about to start, Scorpius slipped into the empty spot next to Albus.

"I saw Evanna slap you in the Great Hall, why?" he asked in a hushed tone.

Albus absentmindedly brushed the spot on his cheek where she had slapped, then shrugged. He rested his arm on the table, resting his head on his hand, his back towards Scorpius.

"What'd she say to you?" Scorpius pushed, ignoring as the Professor started class. "Did she say anything about me?"

Albus detected a little bit of nervousness in his voice and rolled his eyes even though Scorpius couldn't see, "She only said she doesn't want you hanging out with Anora. That's it."

Scorpius let out a sigh of relief, "Okay, thank Merlin - but wait, she doesn't want us to hang out? Why?"

"Beats me," Albus replied, still not facing his ex.

Later that day Albus ran into Evanna in the Slytherin common room as he headed to his dorm to study.

"Hey there," She tugged on his arm to get his attention. He merely raised his eyebrows in greeting. "Wanna go down to the lake and study?" she suggested.

Albus sighed, "First off, I'm not looking for a friend or study buddy. Second off, I can't."

"Can't what?" she frowned.

"Can't go down to the lake," he hugged his books to his chest and started to walk away.

"Look," she grabbed his arm again, "We don't have to be friends, I only want to know more about Scorpius. My sister... my sister fancies him and I'm not sure I trust him," she admitted.

Albus rolled his eyes, "Why are you asking me? Anora knows all about him, ask her. I'm not going to talk about Scorpius," Albus turned away.

"Why won't you talk about him? Did he do something bad? I thought you two were close?" she called after him.

Albus stopped walking for a moment. Evanna's words ringing in his ears, I thought you two were close? A sudden wave of sadness rushed over him as he realized how much he missed Scorpius, and how close they were. He wasn't supposed to be sad, he was supposed to be numb, or at least fine. And Anora fancies him? Oh Merlin...

"I've got to go," Albus mumbled, quickly walking away to his dorm.

••••

It had been several weeks since Evanna last spoke to Albus, and he was glad because he didn't want another reminder of Scorpius and how they weren't talking anymore.

He felt a bit of déjà vu as Scorpius stumbled into their dorm about an hour after curfew, though this time he didn't try to be secretive or quiet about it. He harshly pushed the door open, then lazily slammed it behind him. Albus sat up in his bed and watched as Scorpius stumbled his way over to their beds.

"Detention?" Albus asked quietly, not wanting to bother their sleeping dorm mates anymore than Scorpius already had.

Scorpius undid his tie and tossed it on his bed. He gave Albus a loopy smile and stepped over to Al's bed, "Noo," he slurred, giggling slightly.

Albus gave him a stern look, "Are you drunk?"

Scorpius giggled again, kneeling onto Albus' bed, "Maybee."

Albus' heart rate picked up sightly as Scorpius leaned over him, "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Something I miss," he replied, propping himself up with both hands on either side of Albus' head, one leg slotted between Albus'.

Albus barely breathed as Scorpius leaned down and pressed their lips together. As their mouths moved together, one of Albus' hands threaded through Scorpius' blonde hair, the other caressing his cheek, both keeping Scorpius close to him.

Even though Albus could taste the firewhiskey on his breath, being here with Scorpius like this felt so right. He never wanted to let go of Scorpius, and this new feeling was so overwhelming that he didn't think he could.

Scorpius pulled back breathlessly, their foreheads pressed together. Albus felt him smile against his lips, their breaths mingling together.

"Why are you doing this?" Albus asked, running his hands through Scorpius' hair.

Scorpius closed his eyes, "I told you, I miss you," he whispered.

"I miss you too," Albus breathed a sigh of relief, wrapping his arms around Scorpius' neck and pulling their bodies flush together. Scorpius reconnected their lips in a heated kiss, using a hand to push up Albus' shirt.

Albus sat up and let him pull the night shirt off over his head. Scorpius then sat back, straddling Al's hips as he let Albus push his robes off his shoulders, then pull his sweater over his head before practically ripping the buttons off his white button up to get it off.

Scorpius leaned back over Albus and placed sloppy kisses to his neck and collar bones. Albus' arms snaked back around his neck and he rocked his hips up into Scorpius'.

"Wait," Albus gasped at the sensation of Scorpius sucking on his neck, "We shouldn't do this."

"Why not?" Scorpius asked, still attacking Albus' neck with wet kisses.

"You're drunk," Albus replied, his hands on Scorpius' chest.

"So? We both want each other," Scorpius insisted.

"You're not sober, you can't consent properly," Albus lightly pushed him off.

"I'm consenting right now," Scorpius breathed, attaching their lips harshly. Scorpius pulled Albus' bottom lip between his teeth and Albus pushed him away.

"I don't want you to regret anything tomorrow," Albus let his hands slide down Scorpius' smooth chest.

Scorpius sat back, straddling Albus' hips like before. His chest rising and falling as he evened out his breathing, "Or do you not want to regret anything?"

"Wha-what do you mean?" Albus propped himself up on his elbows.

"Honestly tell me, do you really want to do this?" Scorpius asked, running his hands down Al's chest this time.

"Yes, I do, but I'm the only one can make proper judgements right now," Albus replied.

Scorpius was silent for a moment, "Fine. Whatever," Scorpius climbed off of Albus.

Albus sat up quickly and grabbed Scorpius' wrist, "If we slept together I'd feel like I took advantage of you," he admitted.

"It's fine," Scorpius insisted, "If you don't want to..."

"No, I do, just not like this, try to understand," Albus didn't let go of Scorpius' wrist.

"No, I do understand. You don't love me. You never did and that's why I broke up with you, and that's why you won't have sex with me right now," Scorpius said matter of factly.

Albus groaned and ran his hands through his hair and down his face, "I do love you, Scorpius, I just realized too late."

"You love me?" he asked, surprised.

"Of course," Albus sighed in exasperation, "I always have but I was too much of an idiot to comprehend my feelings until you had left me..." he explained softly.

"You are kind of bad with emotions..." Scorpius admitted.

"Kind of?" Albus asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Okay, really bad," Scorpius chuckled and Albus nodded in agreement. "Why didn't you tell me?" Scorpius asked, sitting down on Albus' bed.

"Because I figured you were with Anora, and I just..." Albus shrugged, trailing off.

Scorpius snorted, "Oh, no no no, Anora and I are just friends."

"Evanna said she had a crush on you," Albus muttered, pulling his legs up to his chest.

"She does? Well, I don't feel the same so nothing's going to happen..." Scorpius glanced at Albus, sounding unsure.

Albus called him out, "You didn't sound very confident in that."

Scorpius shrugged and fiddled with his hands in his lap, "Sure you don't fancy her?" Albus asked, an accusing tone in his voice.

"Yeah, I mean she's nice and all, but I think I fancy blokes more," he admitted quietly.

"You can fancy both," Albus offered.

"I know," Scorpius nodded, then looked up and made eye contact with Albus. They had a 'moment', both with small smiles on their faces. "So are we good?" Scorpius asked.

Albus nodded, "Yeah, we're good."

••••

"I never asked, why were you drunk the other night?" Albus asked, pushing his food around his plate.

"Anora's friends were hanging out in the seventh year boys' dormitory and one of them brought in some firewhiskey," Scorpius shrugged making his shoulder brush with Albus'.

"Seventh years?" Albus questioned.

"Yeah, Anora's got friends in just about every year," Scorpius explained.

Suddenly someone was pushing their way between Albus and Scorpius, "Oh, Anora, hey," Scorpius chuckled awkwardly as Albus glared down at his plate.

"Why aren't you sitting with us?" she asked, sounding a bit angry.

"Er I'm sitting with Albus, he's my friend and I can hang out with him too," Scorpius gestured across her at Albus.

She looked at Albus down her nose and tskd, "Well," she turned back to Scorpius, her back to Albus, "we were just talking about how we're going to have another little party this Saturday. You in?"

Scorpius looked over at Albus who seemed to not paying attention, but Scorpius knew he was all ears, "Is Albus invited?"

She raised her eyebrows in surprise, "I-yeah, sure. Why not?"

"No, no, it's fine I don't want to," Albus waved them off.

"No, you should come. I won't get drunk this time I promise," Scorpius assured.

Albus glanced between Anora and Scorpius warily, "Okay..."

Scorpius gave him a big smile, Anora gave a half hearted smile, then turned back to Scorpius. She patted his shoulder, "Okay great, you're coming. Also, are you still down for tonight?"

"Tonight..." Scorpius couldn't remember what she was talking about.

Anora gave him a disappointed look, "Our study date?"

"Oh that's... that's tonight?" Scorpius' stomach turned uncomfortably as he saw Albus turn his head down.

"Yes. You're not going to ditch me, are you?" she asked sternly.

He kept his eyes on Albus, "No... No, I won't."

"Good," she replied, climbing from the bench. She walked away to her group of friends without even looking back.

••••

Scorpius climbed onto Albus' bed but Albus didn't look up from his homework on his lap.

Scorpius sighed loudly to get his attention but it didn't make him look up, "I don't have to go study with Anora if you don't want me to."

Albus didn't respond for a moment, scratching across his parchment, "I'm not going to tell you what to do."

Scorpius wasn't sure what to say because honestly, he wanted Albus to tell him not to so he could have a legitimate excuse not to go on a 'study date' with Anora. He pulled Albus' homework off his lap and Albus opened his mouth to protest, but Scorpius quieted him by climbing onto his lap and kissing him.

"So it's a date?" Albus breathed between kisses.

Scorpius sighed, tightening his grip in Albus' hair to keep their faces closer, "I don't want it to be," he admitted.

"Then why are you going?" Albus asked.

"Tell me not to," Scorpius put a hand on Al's neck, the other still twined in his hair.

"I told you, I'm not going to tell you what to do," Albus pushed Scorpius' fringe off his forehead, studying his grey eyes, the grey eyes that he missed so much.

"What I want to do is stay here with you. Like this," he brushed Albus' cheek with his thumb.

Albus frowned, "If you really wanted that - this - then why'd you break up with me?"

Scorpius fell silent and his heart dropped, "Because I didn't think you loved me, and I felt I deserved someone who could properly love me and -"

"And I was holding you back," Albus nodded, dropping his hands from Scorpius' sides.

"But I was wrong," Scorpius said quickly, "I found someone who did love me, and I now know that thats not what I want... I want you."

Albus tried to keep his expression solemn, but failed, "'I want you'," he giggled, "That was very cheesy."

Scorpius bit his lip to keep the smile off his face, that also failed, "Sorry," he shook his head, wiping his eyes.

"Don't apologize," Albus held Scorpius' face in his hands and brushed their noses together before pressing their lips together. Scorpius laughed lightly as he felt Albus smile against his lips.

Scorpius wrapped his arms around Albus' neck, "I love you," he whispered.

Albus' heart started racing, "I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 578 13
Drunk, and angry, after the death of Sirius, Harry falls into the hands of a scheming Malfoy. Will a budding romance fix everything wrong within the...
27.8K 1K 47
After the events of Cursed Child, Albus and Scorpius recently started dating and spend the whole summer together. Things seems to work out pretty goo...
112K 6.2K 18
in which scorpius malfoy discovered his father's journal over the summer, expressing old feelings for a certain golden boy, and found himself conflic...
55.3K 1.4K 20
Scorpius has been in love with his best friend, Albus Severus Potter, for years. However, he's much too frightened to open his mouth and tell the boy...