Angeliyah [COMPLETED]

By scotts_totsxx

***Disclaimer-Hey y'all, I wrote this book when I was hella young so excuse the grammar and misspellings. The... More

Hello Again
Goin' Places
His Place
My Luv
Our Time
Tour Part 1
Tour Part.2
At Last
Our Song
Announcement
Her
Anniversary
Jealous Much?
Icon
Moving Along
Changing
Ricky & Lucy
Prince Day
Telling The World
A song or two?
Surprise
Planning & Telling
Break
The Things I Never Told U
Oh Baby...Literally..
Let's Get Married
A/N: Vent
Fashion Flash
HAPPY 30th CHAPTER & BET AWARDS
My Comeback
Growing
Birthday while tour
Oprah
Back Home
A/N:Writers block
Don't Hurt Yourself ..Part 1
Don't Hurt Yourself..Part 2
Name change
Mind of Mine
Epilogue

Gone Too Soon/BET Lifetime achievement

641 29 21
By scotts_totsxx

Year
2009

-Angeliyah-

"MAMA! COME HERE!!" 15 year old Zain called after me from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I left out going to the living room.

Everyone and everything is going great with our family. We are perfect, actually me and Prince just celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.

I walked in seeing Zain crying and paisley who is 12, just staring at the TV. I looked up and saw the headline.

MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50

No this is not right....I just talk to him last week. He was perfectly fine.

"This gotta be a joke." I laughed coldly. My phone began ringing in the kitchen.

I went to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Liyah, i-it's Janet."

I haven't talked to her talk in so long. If she calling then it's must be true.

"Is he gone Janet?" My voice starts breaking. I heard her soft sobs.

"Yes he is." I feel down to my knees crying. I threw my phone at the wall. Zain came in hugging me tightly.

Michael was close to both of my children and I know that they are hurting too.

He was just starting his comeback tour. Michael sounded so happy talking about to me. I was happy for him.

"Paisley is telling dad now. You wanna go lay down."

"No come on." I got up with Zain going into the living room.

I sat on the couch staring at the TV. Pictures of him began to show up. I couldn't look at them.

Tears rolled down my face as I felt Prince arms wrapped around me. I glanced at Prince who was crying too.

"This is not fair!" I screamed making everyone look at me.

It's just not fair.....

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Year
2010

It's been a year since my friend,brother and mentor pass along. I've been trying my hardest to move on for him. Prince was very helpful with that.

Speaking of Prince, my little husband is getting honor tonight. I'm very proud how far he achieved. It's a tribute in his honor with four performances. And I'm one of them performing but he doesn't know. It's a surprise for him.

I'm also hosting it and  I'm nervous like always.

"Ayeee!" Paisley said while dancing to '18 & over' by her father. I can't believe he still comfortable with her listen to this. Shit I started dancing too.

We are at the hotel getting ready for the show and this is her and Zain's first award show.

" 18 & over, I wants 2 bone ya-"

"Nun uh, you can dance but not sing." Prince said while stopping the music. Zain laughed at paisley getting in trouble.

"Ugh shut up Zainnn. That's why you have no friends!"

"Either do you stupid!" He argued back. Zain has anger issues like Prince.

"Alright you two enough." I said while grace put on my earrings.

"She started and she always do. Ugh it piss me off!" Zain yelled then left out the room. I sighed as Prince went after him.

"You know your brother gets mad easily." I fixed paisley hair a bit. Ah she takes after my 'beauty'.

"I know Ma, I didn't mean it." She pouted.

"Yeah yeah both of y'all are something else." I said while Prince and Zain came in.

"Boy do he walk fast!" Prince says holding on to his hip. I shook my head going to his side.

"You know you can't be doing all of that. Your surgery is in a few weeks"

Prince needs a hip surgery because I think all the dancing and splits over all the years.

"Zain and paisley apologize to each other." I told them as they already did. Zain is going up so fast and so is paisley.

(This is Zain)

"Never mind then." Me and Prince smiled at them.

Life can't get any better!

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hello and Welcome to the 2010 BET awards. I'm your host Angeliyah through your musical event."

So far so good Liyah.

"Tonight is the night we have fun and celebrate music. We also have a lifetime achievement award to give out later in the show to a icon." I smiled as everyone clapped. "But let's start this show right. Here's to first presenter is the new upcoming female rapper that I really like. Ladies And Gentlemen, Nicki Minaj."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

How to honor your husband in the best way?

1. Make sure you pick the perfect song.

2. Have him be surprised.

And 3. Put your heart and soul into it.

I picked a song no one would expect I guess. It's danceable and the first song Prince ever let me listen to while recording it.

7 is one of my favorite and it's been eighteen years today since we did that video.

Hiding something like this from him wasn't hard. I couldn't really practice for it without him asking what I was doing.

"Mom, dad is getting suspicious. What do you want us to tell him?" Paisley and Zain peak into my dressing room. I was still getting hooked up with microphones.

"Um, tell him that I'll be out in a few." I was in a rushed to say. It's only one more performance left for the tribute before I go on last.

Alicia keys just fucking killed it. She knows I love her to pieces for getting on that piano like that.

"Mrs.Nelson, we have to get you in the harness." Someone came up to me. I nodded my head.

"You two hurry up and get back to y'all seats." I told my children.

Being hook up to a harness is very nerve wrecking because it's somewhat pain and you definitely don't want to fall. And I'm being very freaking far off the ground.

Dear lord, give me the strength to carry on with this and not fall.

I took a long deep breath before I was lifted in the air. Within seconds I heard silence and everything was pitch black.

"All 7 and we'll watch them fall
They stand in the way of love
And we will smoke them all
With an intellect and a savoir-faire
No one in the whole universe
Will ever compare
I am yours now and u are mine
And together we'll love through
All space and time, so don't cry
One day all 7 will die...."

Then the music began as I was going down....slowly. People unhooked my harness while still singing.

"And I saw an angel come down unto me
In her hand she holds the very key
Words of compassion, words of peace
And in the distance an army's marching feet
But behold, we will watch them fall..."

I love seeing the shocked expression on his face. This song is so fun to do. A lot of dancing but worth it.

I step down the stairs going down the front row. When I got up to Prince, I stopped and grabbed paisley on stage with me. 

She's been hiding a secret talent of hers, which is dancing from Prince.

We got back on stage just in time for the breakdown of the song.

"ONE, TWO, THREE HEY!"

Paisley and I did our thing. Her dancing in very skillful for not taking classes or anything. I'm very proud of her. I am of Zain too, he's really thinking of going into music. He be singing around Paisley Park a lot but he doesn't think we hear him.

Once we was done, both of us was out of breath. Prince was standing up along with everyone else.

I grabbed paisley hand going over to the microphone stand.

"And the BET lifetime achievement award goes to Prince Rogers Nelson." I said while tearing up a bit.

Sometimes I wish moments like this can last forever...

-Angeliyah-

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi everyone👋🏾. This chapter was probably boring Asf😂😩 and I'm sorry for that.

The next time I'm updating will probably be on Tuesday or Wednesday. I need to focus on this on Tuesday because it's this concert I wanted to go to (Justin Bieber) but tickets are like $500 each...sooooo that wasn't happening and I'm a little upset but I'll get over it.

And I'm also working on my other Prince stories😌💜.

Anywaysssss☺️ Bye Bye for now ☔️💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.8K 2.1K 27
First off, pretty aggrivated with Wattpad! Read Introduction for the summary, I had it down, but it deleted! also, as you read, please make sure that...
15.1K 329 93
Complete:) At some point I will be fixing the hole book but not right now 🧍🏻‍♀️ (this book makes no sense, well to me it doesn't I don't know about...
29.1K 751 30
She has PTSD. He has epilepsy. He's on the football team and she's in choir. She's introverted and shy. He's extroverted and popular. He's determined...
53.6K 2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...