Rubi [a twenty one pilots fan...

By tumblrfuentes

"I'm a waste of space. I'm never going to get better." "I can't help you until you want to help yourself." ... More

one

two

9 2 2
By tumblrfuentes

i included a picture of Rubi at the top!

---

Tyler's POV

I followed Josh into the other room, knowing exactly what he was going to say. Before he even got a chance to open his mouth I spoke.

"No." I said firmly. Josh groaned, giving me that look. I shook my head. So far this girl was funny and nice but also batshit crazy! She wont telling us who's she's running from! For all we know she could be a fugitive! Running from the cops! 

"Joshua William Dun we can't just let her stay with us! We don't know anything about her, she could be a criminal!" I told him, throwing my hands in the air for emphasis.

"Well let's get to know her then! Ty what if she isn't running from the law? What if she's really in danger! She has no one! We can't just leave her on the streets!" Josh protests. I groan in annoyance. Why was he so persistent!? He has good points but it's too risky.

"Tyler please, I will feel so guilty if we don't. Look, why don't we just let her stay with us one week. One week and if she brings trouble we get rid of her. Okay?" Josh offers and I contemplate it. Maybe if we give her a chance...Ugh I hate Josh Dun. He always wins our arguments.

"Alright fine. Fine, but one sign of trouble and she's out!" I warn, crossing my arms and watching Josh smile as he left the room. I shook my head for what felt like the millionth time. Why does he care so much about this girl?

Rubi's POV

I look up quickly as the two boys enter the room, Josh seeming happy and Tyler...not so much. I don't think he liked my very much. Ha...I thought bitterly, join the club. I put on a smile, it was oh so fake. I felt like a barbie half the time, with this smile that was just too...bright, and always so stiff and careful about what I say to make it seem that I live the perfect life, that I am the perfect girl. 

"So Rubi...we want you to stay with us. We don't want to just dump you, especially if you're in danger." Josh says smiling warmly at me. I raise an eyebrow. Why on earth would these two want me to stay with them?! I wanted to say no but this was an offer I couldn't refuse. I'd be out of state and away in no time. Then I could get away with my plan without anyone stopping me. I just can't get too close to Josh and Tyler. 

"Oh thank you! I would really like that, actually..." I say, my fingers twitching. They were itching to grab that object, that one thing that relieved me. But I refrained. I couldn't now. "Really...thank you." I nod, my plastic smile growing larger.

"No problem Rubi! But can you tell us more about yourself? So we can become better acquainted." Tyler suggests and I hesitantly nod. I would tell them the basics, but nothing drastic. I couldn't get too close.

"Oh well, my middle name is Angelica...uh my favorite color is navy blue, i like cats, the only song i know by you guys is stressed out, and josh i think your hair is cool. I've always wanted to dye my hair." I conclude, shrugging. "There isn't much to know about me. I'm not what you'd call an interesting person." I add.

"Oh. Cool." Tyler spoke, seemingly un-interested. Well what did I just say? I'm not an very interesting person.

"Thanks! We should get your hair dyed sometime." Josh said, he seemed nicer than Tyler, more open and out-going. I just smiled. Where I'm planning on going I won't need hair dye so what's the point. It'll happen soon anyways.

"Tyler why don't we stop at Taco Bell for lunch?" Josh suddenly suggests after a very awkward silence. I looked up, cocking my head to the side. I would love Taco Bell. I was tired of soups and cereals and things you can only eat with a spoon. A thought dawned on me. "I have no money." I blurt out. "I also have no clothes, no cell phone, nothing." I admit, blushing from embarrassment.

"Well...we can buy you some." Tyler says. My head shot up. Out of people to suggest that I thought maybe Josh but not Mr. I Don't Give A Shit About You And I'm Going To Make It Obvious. I blinked a couple times and notice Josh looked shocked as well. "No, Tyler no. You're already letting me stay with you, I just can't let you do that for me." I shake my head. 

"Okay then. What are you gonna wear? How are you gonna brush your teeth? Huh?" Tyler points out and I frown. Okay, point taken. "Fine but not too much." I say crossing my arms. He agreed. We pulled up to their hotel and we all got out. We decided lunch after we get checked in.

---

I enter the lavish hotel room, gawking. I'd never been in a room this nice in my life. It was almost like I shouldn't even breathe this air. "This is so nice..." I trail off, lightly running my fingers across the table that was next to me. 

"Yeah it is a nice hotel. We will have to remember this place Ty." Josh points out. I watch as they set all their stuff down and Tyler stretch. There were only two beds. I will sleep on the couch probably, so I sat there waiting to be told what was going on next. I glance out the window and see a balcony. I did a double take. Suddenly a grin formed on my face, a real one. I looked down at my lap, brushing my long blonde hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. Thoughts of my plan drifting around my head, I was zoned out.

"Hey Rubi! Rubi!" I jolt and look up, seeing Josh's snapping fingers in front of my face. 

"What?!" I ask him, a little annoyed that my thinking was interrupted but I didn't let it show.

"It's time to go get lunch! Come on." He said, smiling. God he was always smiling. I hated it. It made me want to throw up. How can someone be so happy all the time? It's not fair.

"Oh right, of course." I stand up, my barbie smile on full display as I follow Tyler and Josh out. I remembered that these two were famous and I didn't want to be put on the news or twitter or whatever. My face couldn't be anywhere. "Uh-Uhm, wait." I say stopping in the middle of the hotel hallway. Both guys turned around and looked at me, confusion written on their faces. "What if you guys are caught? I mean I might not know too much about you or your band but I do know that you guys are pretty famous." I chuckle light heartily. Both boys chuckles too. 

"Yeah we are kinda famous I guess, but we will be fine. Trust me." Tyler reassures and Josh nods, agreeing with him. I sigh, not going to protest and follow them to the elevator. Soon we were in a cab on our way to Taco Bell.

---

Hopping out of the cab i look at the fast food joint in front of me. America's Mexican food, gotta love it. I stroll inside, Josh and Tyler following in close pursuit. I place a hand on my stomach lightly, noticing it grumbling. I felt as if I hadn't eaten in days even though I know I had breakfast this morning. Captain Crunch to be exact. 

The glorious menu in front of me almost made my mouth water. I didn't know what to choose! Everything looked amazing. I didn't catch Josh and Tyler's order, I was too busy lost in my taco dreams and desires. When I finally decided I went up to the register and ordered a triple steak burrito. The more meat the merrier!!

Tyler said he'd get the food, and for me and Josh to go sit down. Josh and I found a table in the back. It was a booth, my favorite place to sit at a restaurant. They were just so much comfier. Sliding in, Josh sliding in next to me. My hand brushed against his as I re-positioned myself and I got this weird feeling in my gut. I didn't like it. I also felt my face get all...hot. I looked away from Josh, angry. I knew what this was and I wasn't having it. No, I couldn't have it. These...these feelings I was getting right now needed to stop. They needed to be spongebob in that one episode with the pizza and they need to get on that rock and just start backing up, running over squidward and everything. Tyler came back with the food and I have never wanted to hug someone more than him because it got rid of the silence between me and Josh. But it wasn't awkward. It was comfortable, and in a weird way soothing. His presence next to me calmed me down. 

Just my luck.

I grab my burrito and dig in, just listening as Tyler and Josh talk about their next show and whatever else. I didn't really pay them much attention. I ate my burrito and thought about my plan and how it had been moved forward to tonight. 

"Rubi you should come to our show tomorrow! It will be fun, I promise!" Josh told me, turning to look at me. I knew he was even though I wasn't looking at him, or Tyler. I could feel their eyes boring into my skull. 

"Oh yeah! I would love that." I say turning my head, smiling. God I should be the next Barbie. I'd be really good with the smile and the stiff lifeless position. Not to mention I have the blonde hair and blues eyes. Both guys smile and continued their eating and talking. I turn my head again, the smile fading quickly as I finished up my food, sipping on my diet coke. I wouldn't be at their show tomorrow night. Nor the night after that. 

---

Here you guys go! Chapter two! 

I will be posting a schedule for my updates, they wont be everyday mind you.

hope you enjoy lovelies :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
213K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...