It All Started With A Dare

By quruxley

"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those word... More

It All Started With A Dare/ Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To My Life
Chapter Two: I Dare You...
Chapter Three: Change
Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless
Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights
Chapter Six: He Saved Me
Questions
Chapter Seven: Mr Perfect Is Not So Perfect
Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents
Chapter Nine: Things Just Got Real
*Isa [1]*
Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance
Chapter Eleven: Announcements, Family And Confessions
Interview #1 (Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest)
Chapter Twelve: Oh My Allah!
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward
New Story
Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
*Amir [2]*
Chapter Sixteen: Start Of Something New
Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries
Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies
Chapter Nineteen: Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks
Chapter Twenty: A Hard Blow
Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings
A/N
Chapter Twenty Two: Seeing Veronica
Character's Fun Facts*SPOILER ALERT!*
Chapter Twenty Three: Plays, Drama And Drama
*Third Person [3]*
Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No
Chapter Twenty Five: When Danger Lurks
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty Seven: Moments
Chapter Twenty Eight: Dreams, Perfect Dresses And Awkward Encounters
IMPORTANT!
Chapter Twenty Nine: Confrontation
*Isa [4]*
Chapter Thirty: Weddings (Part One)
Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Chapter Thirty Four: Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed
It All Started With A Proposal
100k READS CELEBRATION WITH THE CAST OF IASWAD
Interview #2 (Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)
Life Update: My Tedx Performance
It All Started With A Deleted Scene: Unseen Scenes

Chapter Thirty One: Weddings (Part Two)

14.2K 1.1K 271
By quruxley

"I care because I'm in love with you!" -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Weddings (Part 2)

Adam Mathews

I don't know why I'm doing this but her reaction is priceless. Maybe it's because deep down I still like to annoy her? Or maybe it's because she's cute when she's annoyed? "Seriously get out of the way!" She fumed. You should stop, my mind commanded. "Fine, on one condition though. You let me call you anytime I want to ask you about Islam. Even if it's 5 in the morning!"

She let out a sigh. "Fine, but it better not be."

I stepped aside and let her walk past me into the rest rooms. I smirked as I saw her figure walking away.

Zamzam Amin

So far the wedding was great, everyone in the girls side was dancing, laughing and just all out having a good time. It's nice to just be happy even if the feeling is short lived. It's moments like these that are the best. "Come on!" I was pulled by Samantha on to the dance floor.

Mahi Ve was blasting throughout the whole entire place.

"That's the way, Mahi ve!" All of us sang at the top of our lungs as we danced around. We continued to dance and sing until the song finished and Aunty Amina grabbed the mic.

"Asalamualaikum everyone, I hope you're having fun. Today is a very special day. Today is the day my only daughter Fatima, is getting married and I just want her to know that I love her very much," She turned to Fatima with tears in her eyes. "I remember the day you were born the doctors told me that you might not make it. I've had three miscarriages before I was blessed with you. I remember telling them that that wasn't going to happened because I had faith in Allah and you. I could tell that you were a fighter the first time I felt you kick in my stomach. I'm so happy to have raised you the past 23 years, thank you for always making me smile. I love you so much."

Fatima quickly got off of her chair and ran into her mothers arms with tears in her eyes as well. "No Ma, thank you for everything. For holding me in your stomach for 9 months and in your heart all of my life. I promise that I will try my best to always satisfy you." She said as her grip around her mother tightened. Everyone awed at the scene while I started to feel a tear drop rolling down my cheek.

I've always admired Aunty Amina because of how strong she is. She got an arranged marriage at the age of 16 and got pregnant at 18 with her first child. Sadly he past away when he was still in her stomach at 8 months and the doctors never knew why. Then she got pregnant again with a baby girl and she passed away during child birth. Then again she got pregnant but due to a car accident her baby past away. But that didn't stop Aunty Amina, she still persevered through all of that and had Fatima. As if all of the miscarriages wasn't enough, her husband died due to an accident when he was working construction. Fatima was only five when that happened and ever since then it was her and her mom against the world.

* * *

"Hey, my not cousin-in-law." Yahya said as he walked over to me. I was standing outside watching the stars when he came up to me. It was too loud and stuffy inside so I figured it was better to come out here, now I know that that wasn't a good idea. He walked closer to me, too close.

"Do you not know what personal space is?" I asked as I took a step back. He also took a step forward making me hit the brick wall behind me. "Why? Are you getting uncomfortable?" His breath smelt strongly of alcohol. "Get away from me!" I shrieked.

That must've made him snap back to his senses because he took a couple of steps away from me.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me, I didn't mea-"

"Get away from her!" Adam jumped on top of him, throwing punches left and right. I quickly ran up to him and tried to get him off of Yahya. "Stop!" I yelled but he didn't. He continued to punch him until Yahya was knocked out. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"I was trying to help. He was coming at you!" He tried to explain with anger written all over his face. The moment we locked eyes his expression softened and he realized what he did. "I'm sorry I was just protecting you from this punk!"

"How many times do I need to tell you that I don't need your protection!" I was furious. I get that he thought he was protecting me but he didn't have to knock the guy out cold. Words started to splutter out of my mouth uncontrollably. It was as if they came out before my mind could even begin to catch up. "Okay, I'm sorry that I care about you! But could you blame me? I saw an obviously drunk guy hitting on you so how could I not jump in? Huh!?" He shouted as he threw his arms up in the air in frustration.

"You could've talked instead of making the man unconscious! He wasn't going to do anything. Why do you even care?" I shouted angrily. Stop talking Zamzam, I knew I should stop talking but I didn't. He started to pace back and fourth as he ran a hand through his brown hair.

"Why do I care?" He scoffed as if that was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"I care because I'm in love with you!" His eyes widened once he registered what he said. "I love you Zamzam." He repeated this time with more certainty.

"No you don't." I replied as I took a step away. You want him to, deep down I know that the feeling is mutual but I could never say it out loud. This relationship is haram. He can't have feelings for me!

"Yes I do, and so do you." He stared me in the eyes. "You feel it too don't you? There's something here Zamzam and you know it." He was right. I hate that he was right. "So what?" I asked, trying to act tough. "What can we do about it!?"

"I'll convert for you, we can be together."

"No, don't convert for me. If you convert to Islam you have to do it for yourself not because you want to be with me. I-I have to go." I left before he could stop me and ran into the rest room. I can't believe what just happened, did he really say he loves me?

Adam Mathews

"This kind of wedding is cool," I found myself saying. There was some kind of traditional music blasting through the speakers, everyone was getting up and dancing. This is the first time I've ever been to something like this.

"Right," Amir agreed.

"Hey I forgot something at my house so I'm going to get it quickly." Isa got up from his seat. I decided to walk him to his car. "So when are you going to tell me you're in love with my little sister?" He said so casually that I almost did a double take.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Kind of, but it's my job as her brother to protect her. You know that a Muslim girl can't marry a non Muslim guy right?" He reminded me. I know that very well, that's the only thing keeping me from not doing something about what I'm feeling.

"Here's my car. I'll be back in ten minutes or so," He got into his car and drove away. As I was starting to walk back inside, I heard someone shouting not too far away from the parking lot.

It was Zamzam.

"Ugh!" I punched the wall next to me in anger. She doesn't feel the same way about me, was it all in my head? The guy on the ground started moving left and right coming back to his senses. "What happened?" He groaned.

I know I shouldn't help him but I ended up leading him to the men side of the wedding. "How're you feeling?" I asked handing him some water. I guess since I'm the one that knocked him out that I owe him at least that much. "Like I just got ran over by a truck." He stated as he sat up.

"Adam where's Zamzam!?" Amir panted as he ran to where we were.

"I don't know, why?"

"It's Isa. He got into a car crash, he's in the ER!"

OKAY DO NOT KILL ME! I'M SORRY IT JUST HAD TO BE DONE!

SPECIAL AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Okay guys so the reason why I said there wasn't going to be a sequel before was because I didn't know what I wanted to happen in it. But I've been thinking and now YES THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! I've thought of the plot and title already so all that's left is for me to wrap up this book so I could start the next one. Now I know most of you guys are going to kill me for cramming so much dramatic stuff into this one chapter but I'm sorry it had to be done! Trust me there's a method to my madness!;)

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! I'M SORRY ABOUT ISA!!!:( LET'S TRY TO GET THIS CHAPTER UP TO 150 VOTE AND 50+ COMMENTS BEFORE THE NEXT CHAPTER!:)

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 42.5K 104
A few minutes into the walk, I heard footsteps shuffling behind me. I tensed up and halted in my tracks. My heart began to pound violently in my ches...
980 287 15
جۆنگکووک: تۆ لە بەفر دەچیت جوان بەڵام سارد..!
247K 25.4K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...