The Broken Girl

By emm_alee

Skyler Jackson a girl who was abused growing up with her father. Her mom died at birth and her older brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2(Skyler)
Chapter 3(Tyler)
Chapter 4(Jackson)
Chapter 5 (Braydon)
Chapter 6(Jahyla & the gang)
Chapter 7(Kailey)
Chapter 8(Esteban)
Chapter 9(Jake)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12(Sky's bike)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19(Austin)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26(Shawn)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update
Chapter 29(Lizzie)
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
New Book
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Sequel??

Chapter 31(Zach)

3.1K 79 4
By emm_alee

Lizzie's POV

I woke up the next morning by my alarm clock wishing that I could throw it into a river over a waterfall right now.I got out of bed and did my normal routine and just skipped trying to cover my bruises with concealer and shit. I stuffed my phone in my pocket and grabbed my book bag and went downstairs quietly trying to not wake anybody up. I checked my phone to see that it is 8 o'clock so I got time. I walked out my house and started walking to school like usual, ignoring the stares from some creeps that are eye-raping me. I hear my phone go off to see somebody calling me but its an unknown number.

"h-hello."I stutter into the phone. God damn stuttering, I thought in my head.

"Hey Lizzie."I heard Esteban say which made me instantly relax.

"How did u get my number?"I asked him curiously.

"I have my ways."He said with a smirk in his voice making me roll my eyes.

"Creepy."I said to him causing him to laugh and me to chuckle.

"Anyways I was wondering, if you wanted a ride to school?"He asked me. I heard somebody clear their throat in front of me and I looked up happiness filling me. In front of me was a boy my age slightly older that lived in my neighborhood, he was expelled from school in tenth grade from smoking in school and beating 5 boys almost to death for talking about someone.

"No way how the fuck are you here?"I asked him with shock and happiness in my voice and probably in my eyes.

"Oooh little Lizzie found her voice."He said amused that I actually said that.

"Dumbass."I mumbled seeing as he was still the same since the last time he was here.

"What was that?"He asked me, Skyler and Jahyla are starting to rub off on me, I thought in my head.

"Nothiiing."I dragged out in a sing-song voice.

"Yea sure."He said.

"How's the school you going to?"I asked him hanging up the phone and sending a quick text to Esteban that I will see him there.

"Not bad. The teacher's are a total ass over there."He said making me laugh.

"Aren't all?"I said causing him to chuckle. Now you might be wondering what the hell is going on. Well this annoying guy was my best friend when my mom was alive. In middle school my mom died and I started getting abused by my father and soon Michael. He knew but couldn't help me. One day his mom and dad divorced and he would go to Arizona for the summer and stay here for the school year till that got flipped by the dumbass getting expelled. 

"Who was on the phone?"He asked me.

"Nosey much?" I asked him.

"Very."He said to me with a smirk while walking down the sidewalk to school.

"So you're taking me to school?"I asked him changing the subject.

"Nice try Liz, and yes I am."He said.

"Zaaaach."I whined dragging out his name.

"I promised."He mumbled to me. I was confused at first until tears brimmed my eyes.

"Zach-"I was cut off by him.

"Im serious Liz, I promised your mom I would protect you and I broke it when that bastard laid a hand on you." He growled. Soon my tears fell from my eyes remembering my mom.

"Lizzie don't cry."He said softly trying to get me to look at him. He put his forefinger under my chin and made me look at his hazel blue eyes. I looked into his eyes to see love in it but was quickly replaced to anger.

"Who did this to you?"He asked shaking with anger.

"Michael."I said lowly."He raped me last night."I said with a sob escaping my lips. Zach soon rapped his arms around me and I cried into his chest. I slowed down my crying and my phone rang.

"Hello?"I asked into the phone.

"Hey Liz. Are you ok?"I heard Skyler ask me.

"Yea I'm fine just meeting with an old friend of mine before school."I said to her.

"Oh, Esteban wants to know if you're you coming to school?"She said making me get a confused face and then pure anger filled me.

"Why does he want to know?"I asked her trying to keep my anger inside.

"Hey Liz."I heard Esteban say.

"Why do you wanna know if I'm going to school or not?"I asked him.

"I'm just worried about you that's all."He murmured.

"What's that?"Zach asked looking at my still bandaged arm.

"Uuh n-nothing."I said stuttering slightly scared as I promised him a long time ago I would stop and just snap my wrist.

"Lizzie, who is with you?"Esteban asked.

"An old friend."I said to him.

"Lizzie, give me your arm so I can see."Zach said.

"I don't think I'm going to school Esteban."I said and Zach looked at me.

"Ok."I heard him say.

"Esteban, I might go later but I gotta catch up with Zach."I said which was a big mistake. Everybody knows about what he did and who he is.

"Wait Zach, as in the Zach that got expelled for smoking and beating 5 guys to death?"Esteban asked.

"Yea. Can you pass me onto Skyler?"I asked him.

"Skyler?"Zach asked me and I nodded my head."Skyler Jackson?"He asked me with wide eyes.

"Yeaaaah. Why?"I asked.

"Let me see the phone."He said and I gave it to him.

**Zach's POV**

Lizzie gave me the phone and I heard Skyler's voice.

"Hey Hazel!"I said with a smile on my face, and Lizzie's eyes then looked like she remembered something about her.

"Z-Z!?"She asked and I chuckled.

"Why do you call me that?"I asked her.

"Its fun u dumb ass."She said.

"Still got that aditude."I said. 

"Yup"She said popping the 'p'.

"I'm taking Liz to school, so maybe I'll see you there."I said to her.

"Yay!"I heard her squeal,which was surprising. Then I heard her squeak.

"Ok, did you just squeal and squeak?"I asked to her. 

"Yea. I've changed... a lot."She said to me and I chuckled.

"You think?"I said to her.

"Sky, it's Michael."I heard a girl's voice say to her.

"I have to go Zach. Bye."I heard her voice say that was laced with fear.

"Why did I just hear a girl say that Michael was there?"I asked Lizzie getting mad.

"Michael's a teacher and he is keeping an eye on the 6 of us."She said.

"Who's the 6 of you?"I asked.

"Me, Skyler, Jahyla, Esteban, Jackson, and Tyler."She said.

"At least you're not alone."I mumbled."Come on, let's get you to school you're already late."I said to her.

"No I'm not."She said catching her phone as I threw it to her,so she could check the time herself. She turned her phone on checking the time on her phone. 

"OMG. I already missed 2 classes!"She screamed.

"You're such a good girl."I said to her and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"And childish."

"Nah shit sherlock."She said with sarcasm dripping from her voice making me chuckle.

"I missed you peanut."I said to her using the old nickname I gave her.

"I missed you too Zachy."She said with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry."I said pulling her into my arms, again."I'm here now, they won't and can't hurt you anymore."

"I hope so."I heard her mumble into my chest.

"Let's get you to school, miss goody two shoes."I said with a smirk on my face.

"I saw that coming."She said.

"Are you still talking with Braydon?"She asked me as we started walking and I nodded my head.

"Best friends for a while. Going back and forth between mom and dad is not fun. Mom got remarried and dad is being a player."

"Oh right, how is your mom?"

"She is alright, always asking if i've seen you ,Braydon, or Skyler over here.Which the Skyler part confused me a bit."

"How do you know Skyler?"

"I saw her passed out on the floor in an alley and I took her home. She woke up and said that some guys jumped her. Ever since then we were friends and I realized that Braydon was her older when he came over to visit her. You remember Hazel?"I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Sooo Hazel is Skyler."She asked and I nodded my head.

"Aaaawwww you got a soft spot for the 5 of us?"She asked teasingly.

"You're so..."I said trying to find a word to describe her.

"So what?"

"I dunno. You are all over the place. Crazy, childish, goody two shoes-"I was cut off by her scoffing.

"Ok jeez.You didn't have to say all that."She said making me chuckle. We walked in silence but a comfortable silence. We reached up to the school and Lizzie pulled out her phone.

**Skyler's POV**

Ok so having Michael as a teacher sucked ass. Everybody knows he is strict as fuck, and every 3 minutes he is looking at me or Lizzie. Whenever he passes by us in the hallway and we are on our phone he would take it which sucks for everybody. That almost happened to me when I was talking to Zach but Jahyla saw him. Lizzie didn't show up for the first 2 classes but when she called us we all relaxed and Esteban looked jealous. He gave me the phone and I was surprised to hear Zach's voice.

Right now 3rd period had just ended so we are going to lunch. Today the 5 of us decided to sit outside cause it was nice and Kailey was making out with one of the jocks and it was just disgusting. My phone started ringing pulling me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my phone and saw it was Liz so I put it on speaker.

"Hey Liz, you're on speaker."I said grabbing the groups attention.

"So are you."She said back.

"Hey Z-Z."I said knowing he hates that nickname.

"Oh god."I heard him say as Jahyla and Lizzie started cracking up.

"Where are you Liz?"I asked her.

"I feel so much love right now."I heard him say sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"Oh I see you guys, I'll be there in a sec."She said hanging up the phone.

"Who's Z-Z?"Jahyla asked.

"Thats Z-Z."I said pointing to the brunette boy with gages and tattoos standing next to one of our friends.

"Damn."I heard her say making me chuckle. I got up and ran over to Zach as he was a lot closer.

"Z-Z!"I said excited and jumped into his arms.

"Hey Hazel."He said as he caught me and spun me around.

"I missed you."I said into his shoulder breathing in his scent. Cigarettes and mint.

"I missed you too."He said pulling back with a smile on his face that reached his blue hazel eyes.

"Have you said hi to Braydon?"I asked him as he put me down.

"No but I'm gonna try to today. "He said.

"Let me introduce you to the gang."I said as he groaned.

"Do I have to walk, cause I walked from my house to here and I carried you."He said with amusement in his voice.

"Don't make me get Lizzie."I said to him and his head shot up.

"Ok ok."He said with a smirk as he walked over to the gang and put his arm over me and then Lizzie making her jump. She looked at Zach and slapped his chest.

"Dn't do that."She hissed at him making him chuckle.

"Guys this is Zach, our best friend almost brother."Lizzie said.

"Zach this Jahyla, Tyler, Jackson, and Esteban."I said followed by a few hi's and sup.

"This is awesome."Jackson said making all of us look at him confused.

"How?"We all asked at the same time. Even Zach and he barely talks to new people.

"Well we are talking to one of the most dangerous guys ever and the 2 most fragile girls in the group aren't afraid of him while we are scared to death to talk."He explained making me and Lizzie smirk until he said most fragile.

"You did not just go there."Me and Lizzie said at the same time glaring at Jackson.

"Run."Zach said making Jackson jump and run away while me and Lizzie slapped Zach and ran after Jackson. Jackson was pretty fast but me and Lizzie were a lot faster and caught up to him almost in 5 seconds.

**Zach's POV**

"Run."I said to Jackson who was about to get his ass beat by the 2 angry girls. He got up and ran away with the 2 girls running after him but smacking me first and catching him and starting to torture him but not much.

"One thing you should know about them..."I said looking back to their friends."Is to never call them weak or fragile. I learned that the hard way."I said looking at some of my scars that they left.

"How do you know Sky and Liz?"Tyler asked me.

"Hazel I found in an alley in Arizona knocked out by some guys. After that we just became friends. She was 13 and I was 14 almost 15. Peanut, that's a whole other story. Her mom and my mom were best friends and then we became best friends when she was 3 and I was 5. My mom and dad divorced when I was 14 and I had to stay with my mom in the summer and with my dad during the school year until I switched from some problems. Not too long ago I switched back."I explained to them. 

"BOO!"I heard both girls scream in my ear.

"Nice try."I said to them turning around to see them both have pouts on their faces.

"You're impossible."They complained at the same time.

"I'm just not that easy to scare."I said.

"Nah shit."They both said.

"Ok stop that."I said to them.

"Why?"They said again with smirks.

"Cause its fucking creepy."I said with a duh tone.

"okay"They said again looking at each other and burst out laughing.

"You 2 are weird."I said to them. They both stopped laughing to my phone ringing in my pocket. I pulled it out to see an unknown number. Probably one of the drug buyers or some shit, I thought in my head. But boy was I wrong.

A:N- So what do you guys think about Zach?!?! Who do you think called him?   

I am going to be publishing my chapters a lot more now so get ready.

Anyways to say this my book is about to come into an end, but who knows on what I type. Please comment on anything you have to say and I hope you guys like my book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.4K 19
"Wait!" I yelled. "I have knock-knock joke." "Go, quick." "Knock knock." "Who's there?" He asked. "Cows go." "Cows go who?" He asked. "No, cows go mo...
85.8K 2.1K 44
you happen to be a famous musician, and by surprise, Fazbear Entertainment has given you a job position at Freddy Fazbears Pizzaplex. You are a songw...
571K 12.5K 28
Hannah Jacobs was the feistiest kid in town and always got into arguments with the bad boy next door. Most kids were scared of him, but not Hannah. S...
554K 15.4K 47
Jade west is a normal, typical girl Her favourite colour is pink and- Hold up bitch please with that Jade west is the baddest bitch of them all She...