Not a good girl

By BlackAshes

Abigail Rose Harris -or Abigail (Abby) Williams as everyone besides her family and best friend calls her- is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Deal with the devil
Chapter 2: Brothers and best friends
Chapter 3: The Track
Chapter 4: I'm Veronica Williams
Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please
Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

Chapter 5: Rivercrest, Home Of The Sharks

174 11 0
By BlackAshes

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 5: Rivercrest, Home Of The Sharks

"What are you guys-" Carter stopped himself short as he walked into the kitchen.

He was currently witnessing our younger siblings dancing, rather horribly, to "Demons" by Imagine Dragons -it had come on the radio just seconds ago. Kayla was clapping her hands and shaking her hips, while Ethan was vigorously nodding his head and jumping up and down. It was entertaining to say the least. I smirked, hopped down from the stool that I was sitting on, and joined my dancing siblings.

"No Abby... Aw come on don't encourage them." Carter sighed, obviously disturbed by our ridiculous dance moves.

"Hey if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Jer chuckled as he and Dev walked into the kitchen.

Dev walked up to me and grabbed my hand as we began waltzing. Jer grabbed Carter's hand as well and they too were soon dancing like lunatics.

When the song ended we all laughed and then sat down to eat breakfast. Jer popped some bacon slices in the microwave while Dev cooked the eggs and pancakes simultaneously.

Dev had promised to make dad's famous pancakes for my first day of senior year, and he definitely delivered.

After breakfast Devon took us all into the garage so that he could give me my belated birthday present. He flicked on the light switch and we all gasped. There stood two new cars: a dark blue, four door, Toyota Camry in all it's glory and a gray, four door, Chevy Silverado. Damn how much had Dev spent on those things?

Dev tossed me the keys to the Camry and I gapped at him as I caught them.

"B-but I-I thought t-that how did y-you? W-When did you?" I stuttered.

Dev chuckled "Jer, Carter and I have been saving up money to get a car for them to share. I knew that you had been working hard to afford one as well, so when I found your stash of money in your room the other day I decided to chip in a bit and help get you a nicer car. It's barely used and I figured you'd like it so..." Dev trailed off.

I bounced on the balls of my feet with a huge grin on my face. Opening my arms, I rushed over to Dev and engulfed him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and then kissed the top of my head.

"Love you Abby" Dev whispered.

"Love you too" I whispered back.

Dev smiled down at me and then ushered us all towards the cars. We hadn't had a new car since Carter and Jer sold their cars to pay for their college tuition. Dev didn't really have time to go to college, so he went to an online college. It wasn't much, Dev knew that, but he said that he hoped he would eventually be able to go to medical school someday.

My mind wandered elsewhere for a moment when someone pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Got it Abs?" Dev questioned.

"Huh?" I should really stop spacing out all the time...

Jer had a smug look on his face, as did Carter. What the hell did I do this time.

"Ugh Abby you really need to pay attention." Dev groaned "Like I said earlier: Jer and Carter will be taking turns driving you to school since you don't have your license yet."

Shit I knew I was forgetting something.

"But Dev..." I whined.

"No but's Abigail. You do not have your drivers license and therefore I will not allow you to illegally drive around without one. When you get a license then you may drive yourself, but until then Carter or Jeremy will drive you to school. Now go get ready; we are done discussing this subject."

Damn it! Ugh I hated it when Devon went into "Daddy Dev" mode. I knew he was right though and I wasn't looking forward to walking seven miles to get to school on the first day, so I just grumbled and trudged out of the garage. I groaned, slamming my bedroom door shout out of frustration.

I threw on my favorite "Black Veil Brides" t-shirt and my favorite pair of faded blue jeans before slipping on my arm bands. After brushing my hair and teeth, I grabbed the mace pen that Kayla had gotten me and threw it into my batman backpack before I headed towards the living room. Jer was sitting on the couch watching TV when I entered. He looked up at me and smirked before shutting off the TV.

Flipping him off, I walked into the garage with Jer snickering behind me. He knew that I hated this and was just enjoying my current situation way too much.

"Asshole" I mumbled before hopping into the passenger seat of my car.

**;-;**

We arrived at Rivercrest High about fifteen minutes later and it was impressive to say the least. The school was painted a bright white color with dark blue trim and looked like it might have previously been a castle. Girls with designer purses and guys wearing Gucci shirts were chatting amongst themselves in the school's courtyard. Sports cars lined the parking lot and right then I knew that I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Jer looked at me with an apologetic smile and parked the car.

"Would you like me to walk with you to the main office?" Jer asked hesitantly.

I knew that he had to go to college. He was now going to a real college with Carter and not an online school. If Jer was late on the first day... That really wouldn't make him look good. So I just shook my head and unbuckled my seat belt.

"You know how Dev said to play nice a few years ago?" Jer questioned randomly. I nodded my head.

"Well it's your senior year and if anyone gives you any trouble I want you to do something about it. Don't let people push you around, understand?"

"I get it Jer, but Dev said-"

Jer cut me off "I don't care what he said. That was when you were a freshman. You're a senior and I don't want to be in prison for kicking the ass of some high schooler. Got it?"

I smiled at that. I knew by the way his jaw clenched and his eyes darkened that he was serious. I was going to go through my senior year as myself and not as a shy, innocent girl that couldn't stand up for herself. This year it would be different and all I had needed to realize that was Jer.

"Got it. But I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself." I smirked.

"I swear Abby, if I have to pick you up from another holding cell..." He trailed off.

"That was one time!"

"That was twice! Once when you broke that neighbor's window because of your bet with Dev and then when you beat that kid with a baseball bat because he punched you in the face." Jer chuckled "Remember when I picked you up? The first words out of your mouth were-"

"You should have seen the other guy." We spoke in unison. I laughed along with Jer.

"Well I'll try not to end up in a holding cell again okay?" I winked before getting out of the car and shutting the door. I saw Jer roll his eyes before driving away from Rivercrest and leaving me to find the main office on my own.

Shaking my head, I made my way into the castle-like building known as Rivercrest High. I could feel the stares of the student body burning holes into my head as I walked down the halls. Don't these people have something better to do? I get that my appearance isn't very welcoming, but I'm obviously new so can someone just grow some testicles and tell me where to go.

I stopped dead in my tracks and was about to ask for help, when the warning bell rang. Students scurried out of the hall way and into classrooms. How the hell was I going to find the main office now?

Huffing, I continued to walk in the direction that I had been before and after I had walked for what seemed like a millennia I heard someone whimpering and decided to follow the sound. I peered around the corner and saw something that made my ears turn red and my blood boil.

Three jocks surrounded a locker and in the middle of them was a boy with brown hair and brown eyes, being slammed against the locker. The boy was only about an inch shorter than the jocks bullying him. The jocks began yelling at, and punching the poor boy as he groaned, trying not to be effected by the blows to his stomach.

"Why don't you go find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow you queer!" Shouted one of the jocks.

"How about you go fuck some guy you fag?!" Yelled another.

"How many gay guys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?!" Screeched the last one. They all began laughing like hyenas. Dumb asses.

I knew that I should have walked away, but I would never forgive myself if I did. I hated bullying. I hated it with every fiber of my being and these three assholes were about to find that out.

But Dev said no fighting. A voice reminded me in my head.

I thought to myself for a moment. Well using mace isn't considered fighting...

They'll expell you dumb ass! The same voice exclaimed.

I stopped and thought for a moment. A sudden idea made its way into my head and I grinned internally.

I put on my best scared expression, and began limping towards the jocks.

"He's coming!" I yelled, trying my best to pretend as if I was out of breath.

All four boys -even the brown eyed boy- snapped their heads towards me. Their faces paled and they gulped.

"A-Ashton?" One of the jocks stuttered.

I nodded my head vehemently, and all of the jocks scampered away. Asthon? Why did that name sound so familiar? I just shrugged and pushed the thought to the back of my mind.

I stopped my fake panting and limping, and ran over to the boy that had been pushed up against the lockers earlier. The boy was on the ground breathing heavily. He tried his best to pull himself up off the ground, but failed miserably.

"Hey I was lying okay? Whoever that guy is, he isn't coming." I soothed. The boy nodded his head and slumped back onto the ground, groaning in pain.

"What's your name?" I asked softly.

"K-Kyle." He grunted "You?"

"Abigail, but I go by Abby. Do you need some water?"

Kyle nodded. "T-The l-locker right t-there is m-mine" Kyle pointed to one of the dark blue lockers above his head.

"T-The lock c-com-combination is-" he started.

I cut him off by standing up and hitting the locker next to me a few times before it swung open. Jer had taught me a few tricks and sometimes they really came in handy. I grabbed the water bottle and tossed it to Ky before slamming the locker shut.

He groaned when the plastic bottle hit his stomach.

"Oh shit Ky! I didn't think..." I trailed off.

Kyle just waved his hand and muttered a small "thank you" before chugging down the contents of the water bottle. He handed me the -now empty- bottle and I chucked it into a nearby trash can.

The water seemed to give Ky a new found energy as he tried to stand himself up. I helped him up off the ground and he slung his right arm around my shoulders. We began hobbling in the direction of where the jocks ran off to. Apparently the main office wasn't all that far from here and the clinic was right next to it.

"You're new here aren't you?" Ky questioned softly.

I laughed humorlessly "What gave it away?"

"Well the people here wouldn't be caught dead wearing a band tee. Nice by the way, Black Veil Brides is a great band." I mumbled a "thanks" as he continued "And not many people would have done what you did back there Abby, actually no one would have."

"I don't like bullies," I stated simply "Why were they even messing with you?"

Kyle's face hardened and he turned his head towards me as he stopped dead in his tracks. "I'm gay Abby. They found out and they didn't like that." He spat.

"Homophobic bastards" I grumbled.

Ky's face softened and he looked at me in confusion.

"You don't mind?"

"Why would I care? It's your choice not mine." I said in a "duh" tone.

A full fledged smile broke out across Ky's face.

"Damn it's nice to have a new face around here." Ky started hobbling again, with his arm around my shoulders, towards the main office/clinic.

I followed suit and we soon arrived at the clinic. I dropped Ky off and he had refused to explain what happened, so we made up some story about him falling down the stairs. I then promised to sit with him at lunch before heading to the main office.

I entered the main office and a secretary pointed me towards what looked like the guidance office. I was soon greeted by a woman who was way too happy for her own good. She grinned widely at me and motioned for me to come towards her. I walked slowly towards her and resisted the urge to wipe that creepy grin off her face.

"Welcome to Rivercrest High school, home of the Sharks! My name is Ms. McDonald and I'm the school's guidance counselor. It's nice to have a new student here at Rivercrest," Ms. McDonald beamed at me "other than freshman we don't really get many new students" she added thoughtfully.

"My name is Abigail Williams, it's nice to meet you Ms. McDonald." I put out my hand and she shook it -a little too enthusiastically for my liking.

She dropped my hand and took a file off of her desk. "Here you are Abigail. I've read through your file quite a few times, and I must say, I'm impressed." She was serious for a moment "Now you understand that you must keep your grades up in order to stay here correct?"

I nodded my head.

"Great!" Her demeanor changed as soon as I nodded.

Grinning, she handed me my schedule and a map of the school. I offered her a small smile, and swiftly made my way to my first period: English.

Gulping, I sauntered towards the classroom and turned the door handle. The heads of all the students in the classroom snapped towards me, confusion evident on their features. Groaning internally, I closed the door behind me.

The teacher looked up from her desk and smiled warmly at me. Her long gray hair was tied back in a bun and her kind brown eyes showed anything but distain towards me or my attire. Unlike the students in the room, what I wore didn't make her stick up her nose or snicker. I liked her already.

"Welcome" she greeted "My name is Mrs. Clyde. You must be the new student that I've been hearing about."

I nodded my head once and shuffled closer to her desk. She smiled brightly at me, not like that creepy guidance counselor, but a sweet smile that made her look much younger than she was.

"I'm... Uh, Abigail, Abigail Williams. I go by Abby though..." I trailed off.

"Well it's nice to meet you Abby," Mrs. Clyde motioned for me to get closer and then whispered in my ear "I hear that you're quite smart."

I cringed. I really didn't want anyone to know that I was on scholarship.

"Ms. Clyde, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't say anything about it." I whispered back.

"Your secret's safe with me." Ms. Clyde winked and pointed to a desk in the back of the classroom. It was to the right of an unoccupied seat. Her voice returned to normal as she spoke. "You may take a seat next to where Ashton will soon be sitting."

Nodding my head, I walked to the back of the class and took my seat.

Again with that Ashton kid. Why does that name sound so familiar?

As I was pondering this question, the door to the classroom swung open. A familiar face strutted into the room, allowing the door to close behind him. He wore a long sleeve v-neck and designer jeans.

"Mr. Clarke I will not tolerate your tardiness. If you're going to hook up with some girl then I suggest you do it on your own time and not in the janitor's closet." Mrs. Clyde snapped.

The boy's eyes widened and the other students -myself included- snickered. Damn, I liked this teacher.

"But Mrs. Cly-"

"No but's Ashton. Now take your seat next to Abigail."

It was then that everything clicked: He was that guy I had stitched up over the summer...

"Yay me." I muttered sarcastically under my breath.

A smirk etched its way onto Ashton's features as he made his way towards me. He plopped down in the seat next to me and whispered into my ear.

"Nice to see you again "Veronica"." Ashton said seductively, his words laced with sarcasm.

Maybe if I didn't move he'd just get bored and leave me alone, right?

Wrong.

"So how's Darren High "Veronica"? Wait you don't go to that high school? What a shame." Ashton tsked.

"It's Abby, or are you deaf?" I spat.

"Are you saying you lied to me Abigail? I don't like liars."

"Hey it's not my fault!" I whisper yelled "You could have been a serial killer for all I knew!"

"And yet you let me into your house? Didn't daddy teach you not to talk to strangers?"

Tears pricked my eyes as he mentioned my father. No, Daddy wasn't alive and therefore couldn't teach anyone much of anything. I tried to contain my anger like Dev had taught me, but all I wanted to do was break his pretty little face. Everything blurred and the next thing I knew Ashton was on the ground caressing the left side of his face and groaning in pain.

I must have hit him pretty hard too because it had caused him to fall out of his chair and his desk to topple over onto him. Everyone turned around and gasped at the sight in front of them. A few guys came over to help Ashton up, but he just waved his hand dismissively and stood up on his own. He picked up his chair and slumped back down, as the other guys picked up his desk and everything that had been on it.

"Are you alright Ashton?" Mrs. Clyde questioned as she stopped writing on the whiteboard.

"Yeah I'm fine," Ashton said loud enough for her to hear him "Just fell out of my chair. I guess I took the desk down with me and bumped my head." He grimaced as he spoke.

"You need some ice."

"Mrs. Clyde I don't need any ice, I'm perfectly fine."

"No your not. Your eye is going to swell shut if you don't get some ice on it. Abby go with Ashton to the nurse." Mrs. Clyde commanded, leaving no room for negotiation.

Ashton and I nodded our heads slowly and sauntered out of the classroom. As soon as we were out of earshot Ashton grabbed my arms and pushed me up against the lockers. His face turned red, his eyes darkened, and I could practically see the steam spewing from his ears.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" He seethed. I just stared back, my face expressionless.

"Who do you think you are!? You can't just-"

It was then that I zoned out. His lips moved, but all I heard was a faint buzzing. I took this time to study his facial features: His gray eyes seemed to have changed to a dark blueish gray color indicating his current mood and his side-swept, jet black, hair was razored to perfection. His jawline was defined and his lips were full. He was attractive to say the least, his personality; however, was anything but attractive.

Ashton eventually brought me out of my trance.

"Your lucky I don't fight girls, Abigail." Ashton huffed, finally calming down a bit.

"Why not? It's not like you'd win." I sneered.

"And you think you would?" Ashton laughed humorlessly. He closed the space between us, our noses touching and our lips centimeters apart.

I smirked and put my mouth to his ear, his breath hitched and goosebumps arose on his skin.

"I know I would." I whispered, before pulling my arms from his grasp and pushing him away from me. I began walking down the hallway, towards the school's clinic.

I turned around for a moment, only to see Ashton standing right where I had left him. His back was up against the lockers and his arms were crossed over his chest. A confused look had appeared on his face as he stared at me like I was a puzzle that he had yet to solve.

"Come on Ashton let's get you to the nurse, that looks like it hurts like hell."

With that, I winked and began walking towards the nurse's office.

**;-;**

"You did what?!" Ky shouted.

I was currently at lunch sitting with Kyle and his two friends. Ashton had been in only one of my classes so far, but there were still three periods left until the end of the day.

"You shouldn't have done that!" Gasped one of Ky's friends, Marissa.

"Nice!" Alex, exclaimed whilst high-fiving me from across the table, her mouth full of food. She was another one of Ky's friends and I liked her already.

"The bastard deserved it." I shrugged.

Ky rolled his eyes. "Abby, what could he have possibly said to make you do something like that?"

My face hardened and I glared at Ky.

"It doesn't matter what he said," Marissa stated, bringing Kyle and I out of our "glaring" contest. "What matters is that Ashton's not just going to leave you alone after a stunt like that."

"What do you mean he's not going to leave me alone? I've made it pretty clear that I'm not interested." I pointed out.

"Exactly," Alex cut in "he knows that you're not interested, and he takes that as a challenge. You're the first girl to reject him and he doesn't understand why." She explained.

My mouth formed an "o" shape.

"So how do I get him to leave me alone?" I asked hesitantly.

All three of them grimaced as Ky said the one thing that I hoped I wouldn't hear.

"You don't."

A/N:

HEY GUYS! Sorry for the late update, I've been busy getting my grades in for report cards. So what do you think about Ashton?

FYI:

Ashton's character will develop more as the story continues and will be in a large portion of the next chapter. Kyle, Alex, and Marissa will show up pretty often in the story so don't forget about them. Yeah I know that Abby doesn't have a license and there is a perfectly good explanation as to why ;)

~Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 7.5K 24
Jess worked hard all her life, she doesn't live with her parents and her pride won't let her go back to them so she works and works and works what ev...
468K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
747K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
235K 5.8K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...