An Omega Novel: Saviour (Book...

Por fictionowl

(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Subjected to a life of pain and misery from... Mais

Author's Note
Omega Child
Disinherited
True Purpose
True Colours
Victimized
Riley
Surprise
Righting Wrongs
Roxborough Academy
Getting Acquainted
Roxborough Academy Soccer Team
Night Terrors
Last Summer
Two Week Break
Challenging the Alpha
Good News
Angering Luna Nikita
Hostile Takeover
No Mate
Changed
Daddy Dearest Visits
Fake Mate
Kanine Meets Fake Mate
Grandfather Killian
Breaking the Barrier (Part 1)
Breaking the Barrier (Part 2)
Secrets (Part 1)
Secrets (Part 2)
Sense of Direction
Moving Forward
Where We Belong

A Twist of Fate

7.7K 465 28
Por fictionowl

"You have ten minutes to get out of my territory!" James shouted at the terrified omega werewolf with wide eyes.

"No!" all three men yelled as Kian stumbled back. Terrified of what was to come, Kian turned and glanced to his brother, grandfather and mate each in turn before quickly shifting and changing directions. With everything he had, the light brown wolf bounded out of the mansion and toward the woodlands where, if he made it out in the given time, he'd be safe.

The rain was pouring heavily outside casting the night sky in gray, thunder boomed and lightning flashed. The heavy downpour and the trees should help shield him from the pack and in addition, because it was raining, it would wash away his scent making it difficult for them to track him.

He couldn't believe it.

The bastard had betrayed him after all he preached how much he loved him. Now, they could never be together now that his sister was carrying Nate's child.

His heart broken...no, shredded, Kian ran as fast as he could while fighting the tears into restraint.

Back at the mansion, Grandfather Killian turned his gaze onto Nate on the verge of shifting and ready to pounce and attack the Mount Peak werewolf when a sudden howl emanated from somewhere within the mansion.

Seconds later, a loud bang could be heard as a door was ripped from its hinges and moments later, a deep brown wolf with black markings ran into the main foyer. The wolf was female and the alpha took a step back his breath catching in his throat. This wolf...looked exactly like her.

Fear and guilt ripped through him...but it couldn't be. Nikita couldn't be here.

The female werewolf with the brown pelt and black markings growled and snapped angrily then broke into a run just as a few other wolves headed for the door; the same door which the omega werewolf escaped through. The she wolf blocked their path, angrily growling and snapping, forcing the other wolves back.

Her gaze quickly slid to Nate, Grandfather Killian and Jason. "Go! Go find him!" she ordered and no sooner had she barked the command, did the three dominant werewolves shift and run out through the door.

The she wolf turned back to the Kanine alpha as a deadly growl escaped her. "Soon, you won't be alpha."

"How did you get out?" James asked. Nikita growled at her mate ferociously.

"You had my daughter raped; then you framed Kian's mate for a crime he didn't commit. It didn't take any persuading to bring Paris to my side with how you betrayed her. She was the only one left who loved you. Now you have no one and I will avenge my children." Nikita growled.

The foyer was now more crowded than it was a few minutes ago so more members of the pack were witnessing this. Several gasps rang out from the other wolves in the foyer as shock registered. They were in disbelief. All this time they believed their Luna was dead only to learn she'd been alive all this time.

"You cannot defeat me Nikita." James growled as he shifted into his wolf when suddenly a werewolf spoke up, his voice filled with anger.

"You lied to us. You made us believe our Luna was dead."

James laughed then, a low, cold laughter that was venom to the ears of many. "It seems the omega was right. I do care about power more than my own family. I don't need a pack; I can take you all myself." James growled before he pounced at his own mate. However, he didn't get the chance to directly attack her since another werewolf jumped in front of his Luna.

**********

Kian ran for his life. He couldn't tell if the wolves were close or not since the whipping wind distorted sound making their howls seem closer than they actually were.

His paws sunk into the cold, water logged soil beneath making it all the more difficult to run since it slowed him down significantly and each step he took was a struggle that knocked more breath out of his lungs. The rain pounded against the earth creating mud puddles where there were dents in the brown earthen floor, the rain creating mud had his paws slipping and sliding.

Jumping over a log, the brown wolf landed on all fours at first but the ground was slippery and thick with mud that it sent him face first into a puddle. Gasping and panting, the brown wolf sucked in a deep breath of air trying to revive his lungs which seemed about ready to burst from their lack of precious oxygen.

A howl sounded behind him and once again he couldn't justify how far or close the wolves were. All he knew was that he had to keep a great distance between them and hopefully the torrent rains would drown out his scent and he'd be able to at least find shelter for the night.

Come first light, he'd have to figure out what to do for he was now truly alone.

Kian struggled to his feet before taking off again but at a very slippery start. The woods were dark and the sky was cast in a deep gray. The heavy rains made it all the more difficult to see. In the dark and rain, he could make out shapes. It was only when lightning flashed illuminating the dark world he seemed to be thrust into unprepared could he add colour and detail to those shapes but only for a moment.

His heart was pounding in his chest and he felt like it was about to jump out and run away from him. His fear at that moment; running from his own pack that wanted him dead, becoming a rogue in the dead of night in a terrible storm as such and having no particularly strong sense of direction and being possibly lost in the wilderness was already more than he could handle. However, the dark shapes bounding toward him at fast pace advancing from straight ahead drove fear deep into his heart. Those dark shapes looked just like wolves.

Had some of the pack circled around to cut him off at certain point?

Fear riding him hard as a million different scenarios flashed through his mind, none of them good, Kian frantically looked around. He had no intention of dying tonight and he was going to ensure that he saw the morning light.

Glancing to his left, he saw his chance. It would be dangerous and challenging but it was worth a shot. The river below was high; reaching halfway up its banks and climbing higher as the rain beat down upon the earth. He'd have to be careful, the water looked violent rocking back and forth, waves sweeping against the banks and taking debris with it. The malicious water swallowed whole fallen logs and spit them back out.

It was a dangerous chance; but at this point, he was desperate enough to gamble with his life against this malevolent river to see morning light.

Glancing back ahead, he could still see the dark shape bounding toward him. It was now or never. Taking a deep breath, he took the first step down. The slope was slippery and he had yet to reach the river bank however, he couldn't let them catch up because he'd never make it out alive. This paws sunk into the wet earth and his paws emerged caked in mud in addition to constantly slipping and sliding down the slope. He was almost there and there was some distance between him and the wolf at the top of the slope. He heard a growl and ferocious snarl causing him to glance up at the wolf.

A dark shape stood at the top snarling and growling. The wolf ran from one end of the slope to the other as he looked down. It took the brown wolf a moment to figure out exactly what the other wolf was doing but then he realized that he was in more peril even though he had the upper hand at the moment. The other wolf was examining the slope and looking for the safest way down without putting himself in danger. However, his moment of victory was short lived as two other wolves joined the one at the top. The other two proved to be not quite as cautious as they immediately took the first step down the slope once they caught sight of the smaller brown wolf standing on side of the slippery slope.

His eyes wide with fear, Kian returned his attention back to the slope and river just below.

**********

She ran as fast as she could.

Her feet exposed so that she could have a better grip on the soil. It was how she preferred it; running with footwear obstructed her hunting and tracking abilities and in rain, footwear made it harder to run.

She had skills but she was not a fighter. It's why she carried a dagger and used her claws. Paris growled as another howl ripped through the torrent rainfall. She loved a challenge but hunting under pressure such as this, made her patience wear thin. She liked it when whatever or whoever she was tracking made it hard but with the rain falling so heavily and several wolves chasing after one smaller brown wolf, her time was limited.

She had to get to him before they did.

Either that or the reinforcements they'd called in. But she'd feel better if she got to him first; in that way she could ensure his life. There were those who were devoted to her mother; who would stand at her side and fight against James. Then there were those who were devoted to him.

They were the ones hunting Kian. They'd catered for this but maybe if she hadn't wasted that five minutes on fighting that dominant, she could be toe to toe with Kian at this moment.

It seemed impossible, but the rain was coming heavier and his scent was wearing thin. She was losing him.

Paris pushed herself harder refusing to lose his scent. She didn't particularly like Kian, but she could use the sub to her advantage. Her father had used her as his pawn for the last time and if only to spite him, she'd ensure Kian mated with Nate and lived.

His scent was getting stronger which meant that she was closing in on him. But his scent wasn't the only one she caught; she caught the scent of two other wolves, however, she could be wrong. There could be more.

Very soon, the river came into view and up ahead, she could see more than two wolves in addition to Kian. She slowed slightly to understand what was happening. Kian was farther down the slope closing in on the river.

What is he thinking? He'll never make it out alive in that water.

Higher up the slope but approaching the smaller brown wolf faster than she liked were two other wolves...dominants. At the top of the slope, there was another wolf but he seemed hesitant to go down the slope. She couldn't blame him. Going down that slope was test for the brave.

In Kian's case, it was a test of survival. All what would he do, to survive in this weather?

In a swift, well practiced move, Paris flung her dagger straight at the wolf standing at the top of the slope. The dominant wolf yelped and whimpered in pain as the blade of the dagger penetrated his side and buried itself into his hip.

With that wolf taken care of for the moment, she was about to head down the slope to fight the other two wolves tailing the smaller brown wolf but she didn't get a chance. Suddenly, as if they appeared out of thin air, two wolves broke through the trees on the slope above her and came bounding down the slope. Their movements were precise and careful despite the slippery, muddy slope.

Right away, she recognized one of them. Immediately, she could put a name to the white wolf with black markings that came running toward them. Lightning flashed at that moment as they drew nearer, and she saw a flash of bright green...his eyes.

This was Fang Peak; the notorious sub son of the Mount Peak alpha, Jack Peak. She didn't need anymore convincing. Upon him and his twin's birth, news had travelled cross the country like wild bush fire so she'd heard about the news of Jack Peak's sub son down to the colour of his pelt. In addition, she'd heard Riley and Kian talking about him and his dominant-like ways and habits; the fact that he has the potential to lead.

He was the captain of the Roxborough soccer team for nearly five years straight. Then, there was the incident that occurred that led to her father cutting the alliance with Moonshine over a dispute concerning Kian. She'd listened to her father rage and vent for hours after he returned to Kanine about how Fang Peak had stood up to him.

If anything, Paris came to believe that Fang Peak made her father feel like an idiot.

Paris watched him come down the slope and the closer he got to her, the more struck with awe she became. There was an air of dominance, confidence and authority that radiated off of him. His strides were confident and he looked ready to fight.

But what was he doing here? No sooner had she thought that did she face palm herself. Nate is from Mount Peak and the two must be friends in addition to the fact that Fang and Kian are friends. He would've come to help if Mount Peak was sending reinforcements to help Nate.

There was golden wolf at his side that she didn't recognize right away but when lightning truck again, the golden wolf was close enough that she saw gray eyes staring back at her with confusion and distaste. The golden wolf was Riley Knight.

So, Moonshine did answer our call after all...and they brought friends.

"Where's Kian?" the white and black wolf asked. Paris pointed to slope and both wolves jogged over to the edge. Kian was about to plummet into the river.

"Kian don't!" Fang yelled. Kian looked back to the voice that called out to him but that moment was enough and he slipped on the slope and went tumbling down the rest of the way.

"No!" both Fang and Riley yelled as the smaller brown wolf whimpered and yelped as he fell into the gushing river water with a splash. Paris joined them and they waited in anticipation to see if he would resurface.

The air was heavy with silence despite the thunder, lightning and rain. Everyone seemed tense as they waited. This was the deciding moment.

Was Kian alive? Would he still be alive and resurface somewhere farther down the river bank? Or was he pulled to bottom of the river with its massive strength?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

444K 19.8K 27
~BOOK 1 Saviour series ~ **UNDER RECONSTRUCTION** Not everything is as it seems. Evan has never been loved, never been cared for. He has always been...
47.2K 1.2K 30
Twen is an omega boy who has been chained to a dark room for as long as he can remember, tortured, and sold by his captors. Tired and in pain, he wan...
67.8K 1.7K 12
Rory has been trying to move past his feelings for his ex best friends for many years. He is over always been put second to nothing with them. When t...
87.4K 3.5K 10
"I can't give you my heart because you already stole it . " It may seem like Alphas are the dominant ones And Omegas are the submissive ones But rea...