Against all odds: An Olicity...

By Oncer993

An #Olicity fanfic that takes place towards the end of Season 3. Oliver is in training to become the new demo... More

Background information
1. He's someone else, he's something else
2. Unbelievable
3. The art of convincing
4. Derailed
5. An unexpected surprise
6 (part 1). We can be heroes
6 (part 2). We can be heroes
7. Next to me
8. This new life
9. Fear, family & doubts
10. And Baby makes three
Author's Notes!
11. Family time
12. Straight outta retirement
13. Team Arrow + Team Flash
14. Girl Talk
15. Haunted
16. A name fit for a Queen
17. Mum's the word
18. Sisterly advice
19. I'm here
20. You can't bury pain
Author's notes!
21. Bloodlust
22. We'll figure this out together
23. Tempers flare + baby scare
24. Just can't escape this life
26. Welcome home Olivia
27. Normal
28. The end
Epilogue

25. You should be a Queen, too

1.4K 36 12
By Oncer993

With Felicity and Oliver's help, along with what Roy had shared with them, the gang started to look into this Calculator character. He was good, damn good, but so was Felicity. They even crossed paths, digitally of course. They managed to track him down, again digitally, where Felicity and he faced off. Hacker against Hacker. In the end, she beat him.

Things had settled down again; as much as they could in Star City anyways. Felicity and Oliver went back to their normal routine as they prepared for baby Queen to enter the world. Thea's bloodlust was under control too. Oliver had reached out to his old friend Tatsu. She was responsible for guarding a Lotus flower that was said to have healing powers. Malcolm had confirmed the fact and told him if it was made into an elixir, Thea would be cured. Against the wishes of others, she sent it to him. It cured Thea's bloodlust.

_

Felicity felt a gush of liquid beneath her as she slept. Awakening from her sleep, she began to lift herself up.

"Oh my God," she whispered.

This was it. Her water had broken; the baby was coming!

"Oliver?" She began to smack his shoulder until he groaned.

"Wh--" Oliver rubbed his eyes as he looked over his shoulder.

Felicity was holding onto her stomach with her eyes closed tight. Short, quick breaths came out in bursts. He was still a little groggy, but he shook it off the best he could and stumbled to her side of the bed.

"Okay, just keep breathing. You're doing great." He whispered as he rubbed her back.

"Wait, move," She suddenly started shaking her head and shooing him.

"Fel—

"I said move, Oliver!" She screamed a little louder.

He jumped out of the way and watched as she struggled to stand. He offered a helping hand, but she pushed it away too. She began to slowly make her way out of the room. He watched her wobble away, feeling perplexed. He wanted to intervene, but he knew she'd just push him away again. 

"Felicity, what are you doing? Where are you going?" He called as he followed her.

He heard her mumbling something to herself, but he couldn't make it out. He turned the corner in time to see her slam the bathroom door behind her. He tried to turn the knob, but it was locked.

"Can I come in?" He asked from the other end.

"No," She shouted back quickly.

He heard water running a few seconds later and then a cry from Felicity.

"Felicity! Let me in!" He began to panic.

"I just--", she paused as another contraction was coming to an end, "I need to shower first."

"Oh-kay..." Oliver said. Her answer did little to soothe him though.

He wanted to rush her to the hospital now. What if something went wrong?

_

Less than five minutes later, Felicity walked out with her robe wrapped around her with her hair still slightly damp.

"Thank God," He sighed with relief as he followed her.

Felicity walked straight to her closet and took a pale yellow dress from the hanger. It was light and flowy and hopefully comfortable. She dressed and then slipped into her white flip flops. She threw her hair up in a quick messy bun. Oliver hovered near the doorway. Waiting for her to tell him what to do next.

Another contraction hit and she held onto her stomach once more.

"Okay, let's go," she said in between breaths.

Oliver nodded once and grabbed the hospital bag. He grabbed a shirt that was conveniently on the floor as he headed out.

"Is that even clean?" 

"No time to check." 

_

Oliver had already texted everyone to let them know that this was real; the baby was finally coming. Felicity's contractions got closer and closer together as she laid in the hospital bed in pain, praying that they'd tell her to push each time they came back into the room.

When the nurse left, Felicity threw her head back against the pillow.

"Why is she taking so long?!" She screamed.

At the risk of getting his head bit off again, Oliver approached her from the side of the bed.

"She'll be here before you know it." He whispered as he rubbed her wet forehead.

"But why not now? It hurts..." Felicity whined.

Oliver wished he could ease her pain away, but he couldn't. He could only stand there feeling useless and trying his best to encourage her.

"I'm sorry." He said with a smile.

"You should be. This is your fault." She squeezed her eyes as another wave of pain hit her.

_

"Are you ready to push?" The Doctor asked her as he got in position.

This was it. The moment she thought would never get here. Oliver allowed her to squeeze his hands for dear life. Before answering the doctor, Felicity's eye's sought out Oliver's. He gave her the brightest smile he could muster. 

"Are we ready Oliver?" 

"We are. You got this." He bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Okay." She nodded her head at the doctor.

"On the count of three, okay?" He told her.

After three, Felicity pushed with every once of strength she had. She was told to push once more and she did.

"Oliver wanna get down here?" The doctor called.

A cry rung throughout the room as Oliver neared him, which filled his chest with pride. She had a set of lungs on her that he was sure their little girl inherited from Felicity. 

"Give him the scissors," The doctor told the nurse.

She handed them to the new father and he took them with shaky hands. He glanced at their tiny daughter and then back at Felicity.

"Happy tears," She whispered back to him.

He clipped the umbilical cord and then a nurse cleanse her up a little before wrapping her up and placing she into his arms.

He was a little afraid to hold her. He cradled her in his arms like a precious jewel because she was. She was the most important thing in his life from the moment she entered the world.

He carried her back to the head of the bed where Felicity was waiting quite impatiently.

"She's here. You did it, Felicity." He whispered as he felt himself get chocked up.

"We did it, Oliver." She said as she reached out for the baby.

She was a bit pink and her eyes were still closed, but she was the most beautiful thing Felicity had ever laid eyes on. She laughed a little as she brought her little face closer to hers and placed a small kiss on her nose.

A nurse appeared by her side far too soon and Felicity had to fight the urge to shove her away. The woman smiled and held her arms out as she explained that they had to weigh her. As if parting with her daughter was impossible, Felicity shook her head.

"It's okay, she'll be right back." The woman promised.

"Okay, be careful with her." Felicity said as she passed her baby to her.

From the moment she was out of her arms, she watched baby Queen like a hawk.

_

John, Lyla, and Thea made their way from the waiting room to Felicity's room. John was carrying a big, brown bear in his arms. Lyla had the matching balloons and Thea showed up with a blanket. It had been Oliver's when he was baby and she nearly tore up the house looking for it.

"Hey," Thea said as she peeked her head through before the rest followed her.

Felicity had the baby lying against her chest. It was called Kangaroo care and the nurse said it was beneficial for both baby and mommy.

"Hi," She whispered back without taking her eyes off the small human being.

"Thanks for coming guys," Oliver said as he hugged each one of them.

"Congrats Man," John gave him a tight hug.

Both men were a little misty eyed as they pulled away and looked back at Felicity and the baby.

"Welcome to parenthood." Lyla said with a smile.

"I'm an aunt now! Yes." Thea did a little dance as she handed Oliver the blanket and went up to Felicity.

"Can I hold her?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Did you wash your hands?" Felicity asked.

Thea was a little hurt by the question, but she understood. This was her baby and she was already fiercely protective.

"Sorry, but no germs are hurting this little one." Felicity gave Thea a smile once she noticed the hurt look on her face.

"No problem." Thea quickly recovered as she went to wash her hands in a sink nearby and then ran back over with open arms.

"Be careful, Speedy." Oliver spoke up from behind her.

"I got her." Thea said as she held out a finger for her niece to hold onto and she did.

"She's got a grip on her already." Thea giggled.

Felicity relaxed as she watched their family with baby Queen.

"What's her name?" Lyla asked when it was her turn to hold her.

"We haven't decided yet." Oliver asked as he looked back at Felicity.

Felicity exchanged a knowing look with Thea.

"Actually..."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt. Are we ready to fill out the birth certificate?" The nurse asked as she entered the room.

She smiled at the baby before making her way to Felicity and Oliver.

They signed their names and when she asked the million-dollar question, Oliver turned and waited for Felicity to answer.

"Olivia Moira...Smoak-Queen." Felicity answered as she reached out for Oliver's hand.

He was touched to say the least that she honored his mother by giving their daughter her name. He knew that they didn't have the best relationship, but he appreciated it.

"Good luck to her when she learns to write, huh?" The nurse joked as she began to write it in.

"Wait a sec." Oliver held his hand up.

The nurse paused after writing 'Moira' and looked up at him.

"I was thinking. She really should be a Queen." He spoke up.

"But Smoak's my last name, Oliver. She should have both our last names." Felicity frowned at him.

Diggle nodded his head as he placed something in Oliver's hand. Thea smiled too as she wasn't as out of the loop as the other two women in the room.

"I know it is, Felicity, but...", he paused to gather his thoughts. He didn't want to ruin the moment. He wanted it to be perfect. He reached out for her left hand and she watched him curiously.

"You should be a Queen, too."

He took his mother's ring out of his pocket and dropped down to one knee. The nurse gasped as she watched along with everyone else.

"Oliver?" Felicity's eyes widen.

"I should have done this a long time ago, but I think we both know I do things a bit late. Sorry for that. I was waiting for the right moment to do this and I can't imagine a better time. Felicity, I love you with everything in me. My mind, my heart, my soul. You and now our daughter, complete me. I don't want to spend another day without you being my fiancé and as soon as possible, my wife. Will you make this perfect day even better and say yes?"

He held his breath as he held both the ring and her hand.

"Oh my God, of course!" Felicity smiled through a happy tear running down her face.

Oliver slid the ring on her finger with a shaky hand. He got to his feet and she pulled him into a big hug followed by a kiss.

"I love you too." She whispered back.

The nurse took a deep breath. It was her job to remain professional, but the proposal was one of the most romantic things she had seen. She ended the name with Queen, asked them to confirm and then left to give them their privacy.

As the door shut, Thea and John began to clap as softly as possible.

"About time," Thea gave her brother a playful shoulder bump.

"Congrats again, guys." John smiled at them.

"I can't believe you kept me out of this, Johnny." Lyla shook her head after saying congrats as well.

Oliver took baby Olivia from her and rocked her gently in his arms.

"She said yes. I knew you were good luck." He whispered to their daughter as her eyes opened a bit.

"What? You thought I'd actually say no?" Felicity laughed.

_

Lyla and John had to go pick up baby Sara but promised to be back tomorrow. Thea gave them all one big hug and left as well. Olivia had drifted off to sleep in Oliver's arms. Felicity had fallen asleep as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 86 10
Oliver Queen after spending 5 years on Lian yu returns to star city, to right his father's wrongs. But, what happens when Oliver is sent by Amanda wa...
164 17 2
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) Felicity should be dead. Fortunately, the assassins after her are bad at their jobs. Another way Oliver and Felicity could...
1.6K 102 19
Five years after a shipwreck left him stranded on a remote island, Oliver Queen is discovered and returned home to those closest to him; Oliver tries...
5.7K 138 13
The young Y/n Queen Fathered by Oliver Queen, she's smart, strong, and bad ass. She seems likes she's sweet and innocent but little do they know she'...