Ex- husband and babies

By saiamrutha77

She could easily recognize that touch. Sharon knew it was him. She could feel him against her body. His hands... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Loving you again

Chapter 25

120K 3.7K 269
By saiamrutha77

Sharon couldn't sleep that night. She kept visiting the memories she buried deep inside her heart. She couldn't believe what he said. One thing was clear he wants her back and he is gonna take what he wants. But she know he would never push her.

Sharon just can't find herself running back into his arms because of all that happened though Chris was just a ugly part of Lily's back stabbing plan. She just couldn't.... Yet. She was afraid because it didn't take a long while to break the relationship they built over for 6 or 7 years. So what if anything like this happens again. She need to clear her mind. She know building a relationship with Chris now should start from the scrapes because there is nothing left.

And the biggest question in front of her is "Whether or not she is ready to put her heart at stake?"

She couldn't take it anymore of tossing and turning. It was 5:37 am and she thought she would go crazy if she keeps tossing on her bed.

She carefully untangled herself from Chase. Created a heap with pillows and blanket on either side so that he don't roll over. She Changed into some tracks because she decided to jog today to sort of clear her head and running helped her. She took her phone, water bottle and hit the road. It was early in the morning.  The sun was just about to rise and the scenery looked amazing.

She kept running on the foot path parallel to the beach. Cool breeze hitting her face was in a way calming her down. She took a real quick break from running squatting on the bench on the side.

Sara Bareilles was singing 'Gravity'  into her earphones. Sharon was enjoying the sudden exercise she got to do instead of running in her house getting the chores done or running behind Chase to get him complete his food.

"Hey there" She heard someone say after pulling her earphones out. She was so into the song that she didn't see Joe standing there.

"God!! You scared the eff out of me" she said placing her hand on the beating heart.

Joe was laughing so hard at her out burst.

"Oh my god. That was hilarious," he said.

"Yeah" she replied sarcastically.

"How come you decided to run today?" He asked.

"I had a lot to think and running helps," she said shrugging her shoulders.

"How is Momo?  And Savvy, is she out of her depression?" He asked.

"They both are fine." She said giving a small audible sigh.

"You look too worked up. What is gonna in that pretty little head of yours?"

"A lot actually"

"Don't think too much. Over thinking is also not good." He said.

"You don't even know what I am thinking." She defended.

"Whatever it might be over thinking is never good "

They both sat quietly for few minutes.

"Chris didn't sleep with Lily four years back." She blurred out. "Sorry had to get that out my system loud and clear."

Joseph cocked an eyebrow, "Okay?" He said it as if he was asking her to continue.

"Lillian confessed the other night. All that has happened to me four years back was my fault. If I didn't hastily run out of there without confronting him maybe my other two babies would still be there." She said running a hand through her hair.

"Sharon.."

"I am trying Joe.. I am really trying not to think like that but I can't help. I could have been in April's life. Chris could have got a chance to be all the 1st moments of Chase's life. "

"Stop right there Sharon. What's happened is happened. All that matters is your present and future. You are now a part of your daughter's life and so is Chris in Chase's life. Think about that Cherish that." he said taking her hand into his and giving it a little squeeze.

Sharon took a deep breath "You are right. I've been thinking too much." She said standing up," I gotta run you coming?"

Joe gave her a smile and said "Right behind yeah"
.
.
.
Sharon found herself smiling at her handsome husband. Husband so new word. A slight chill ran over her body. They were married. They were officially husband and Wife. Sharon looked at the priest and the two witnesses sailing away.

Chris eloped her and brought her to a private island his friend owned. She got ready in the yacht while her groom waited for her on the beach. There was a small area decorated in calla lily, and hydrangea. She was a happy bride. Though they were the only two with no friends and family around she didn't mind because all that matters was having that one person and he was wearing this star stuck expression when he saw her in the wedding gown.

" You look beautiful," he said picking her up in his arms.

She blushed even though he kept repeating the same words.

"We are married" she said as if she couldn't believe.

"We are" he said kissing her.

They were staying in the mansion on the beach. It was pretty. It was all like a dream for her. Once they were inside, Chris poured them a glass of champagne. "Sharon, let me give us a toast" he said taking place behind the piano and started playing a song.

Oh I am your and you are mine.

This heart beats for you alone. This house cant hold, the love we own. Everytime you fall from grace to your knees I'll wait patiently, for you.

Ohhh I will, forever and always Put you before me, to the end of time. Until then, my last breathe rolls in Oh I am your and you are mine.

Ohhh Someday you'll see, What forever means.
My love.

Ohhh I will, forever and always Put you before me, to the end of time. Until then, my last breathe rolls in Oh I am your and you are mine. Oh I am your and you are mine.

"That is so beautiful" she said placing her hands around his shoulders.

"I love you" he said.

Tears were already rolling down her cheeks. "I love you too" she said before crashing her lips onto his.

.
.
.

Sharon was mentally preparing herself to stand by on what she decided. She want her kids...both of them. And She also want Chris.

Yes, she have been over thinking. Its time to take a deep breath and go get what she want. Yes, She is ready to put her heart at stake because she still loves him. They have been through so much and it was not easy for her to pretend like she doesn't care about him or she doesn't love him at all. And she will as ready to break through all the walls she built around her heart.

Yes.. this is what she wants.. she wants to rebuild their relationship from scrapes.

"Joe.. I've decided." She said "He is my always"

Joe looked confused for a second, "Are we talking about your Ex-husband?" he asked.

Sharon still looked in daze "I have to go Joe. I have to.." she was already running towards her house.

***

Chris woke up to Chase jumping on his bed.

"Daddy"

"Daddy"

"Good morning Chase" he said pulling him into a hug.

"Daddy.. " Chase started crying.

"What happened baby?" He asked alarmed.

"Daddy... Mommy is gone." He said hiccupping already.

"What?" Chris asked worried.

"Mommy... I want my Mommy... Mommy...Mommy" he wailed.

"Hush baby Mommy must be some where around. "

"No Daddy. She is not."

"Let's go and Check," he said taking him into his arms.

Chris walked into kitchen checked for Sharon. He looked all around the house but she was no where to be seen.

"She must have gone for a walk or something."  Savvy said cutting straw berries.

Chase was still crying. Chris was bouncing him in his arms so that he would stop crying.

April sat on the couch sipping water and looked confused.

"Daddy what if Mommy really left us?" She asked in a small voice afraid that her words might be true.

"Daddy, I don't want mommy to leave us again." Her eyes were already welled with tears.

"Oh beanie...  Mommy loves you. She loves Chase too. She will never ever leave you again." He said sitting beside her.

"Chase, stop crying. Mommy would come back." 

All this while Momo was sitting in her swing Chair chuckling at the trio. All  the three looked as if they are gonna shit there pants.

Three of them got to their toes as soon as they heard the main door open.

"Mommy" both Chase and April  cried as soon as they saw her.

Sharon looked surprised by the sudden shower of love by her children.

Chase didn't even let go of her when April took few steps back.

"What happened baby,? Why are you crying.?" She asked.

"Mommy... mommy" he kept on repeating.

"Did you hurt yourself baby?" She asked looking at him from top to bottom.

"One thought you disappeared. The other thought you left." Momo said amused.

"What?" Sharon shrieked.

"Why would you think like that?" She asked.

"He didn't find you anywhere. He got panicked. You could have told someone where you were going." Chris reprimanded her.

Sharon laughed at the reason, " Baby, Mommy went for a run. Why do you think mommy will go and April, honey, I have  you in my life after four years and I am not leaving your side anytime soon." She said hugging her kids. Her eyes found Chris's but he broke the eye contact looking away.

Sharon untangled herself from her kids and followed him to his guest bedroom.

"What? Now you are upset too?" She asked standing near the door.

Chris didn't say anything but was just gathering all her clothes lying around.

"Chris..."

"Don't!!!You know for a second I was worried that you left me again just like four years ago."  Chris said with a pained expression.

Sharon gulped, " I would never do that to April and Chase." She said hastily.

"For kids huh? Cool." He said but was still not looking at her.

"Chris I want to tell you something."

Chris was rolling his t-shirts and throwing them in his suit case. Sharon eyes suddenly widened.

"Why are you packing?  Where are you going? Didn't you say you will wait for me? Let us talk. Please don't go." She said removing his shirts from the suit case.

Chris gave her a guarded expression, "Why?" He asked.

"What, why?"

"Why don't you want me to go?"

"How could you leave the kids? Are you..." she was cut when Chris placed his hand on her mouth.

"I'm asking about Why you don't want ME to go? I'm asking about US?"

Sharon mumbled something against his hand.

"What?" He asked removing his hand.

Sharon sighed and sang the lines from their wedding song.

'Ohhh Someday you'll see, What forever means.
My love.'

Chris cocked an eyebrow at her.

"I want you Chris. I Love you too but all I want now is to build our relationship again. I want us to have a fresh start because Where there is love nothing is too much trouble and there is always time." quoting the line from his proposal.

Chris chuckled at her before taking her into his arms, placing his head in the crook of her neck and breathing her scent.

"I missed this" he said.

"Auh... I think I'm sweaty and that scent is not at all alluring." She said chuckling.

"Oh shut up and hug me back." He said playfully. Sharon hugged him running his hands on his back.

"I can't believe this," he whispered.

"Me too".

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chapter 25 ladies and gentlemen.

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter of the long wait.

Thank-you for all the bday wishes :) I'm grateful to have you in my life.

And Hola all my new readers Thank-you for all your votes and comments means a world to me.

And did I tell you we were #11 in romance the other day :D Wooohoo... you guys be the best.

Until next time (I promise I won't take this long)

Like. Vote. Comment. Share.

Love

XOXOXO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 2.3K 35
*Sequel to Between Us* Bad habits. I have a lot of them. Biting my nails, gluing my eyes to my phone, making bad decisions, loving men I can never ac...
122K 3.1K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
261K 8.5K 57
"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and caressed my...
13.8K 483 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...