Prologue

Sharon stood numb, tears flowing down her face. She aged 10 years suddenly. She just couldn't move forward, her baby was lying on that white table undergoing a surgery. All because Sharon couldn't swallow her pain, her agony of losing her husband to her best friend.

"Madam ... please come with us. You are bleeding too we need to check for injuries." A nurse politely said.

" Madam. Ms. Daies..." the nurse shook Sharon. Sharon wanted to shake her head but couldn't. If anything happens to her baby she would never forgive herself.

Her baby April was the best thing that had happened in hers as well as Chris life.

Chris, she had to inform him. He must have cheated on her but for April, he was a very loving father. She had to keep her pain,her anger away from her baby. With the help of the nurse, she was able to sit on the chair outside the operation theater.

The phone rang twice before Chris lifted the call.

"Sharon, where are you?" His voice was loud showing how pissed he was.

"Chris..." was all she could say before she broke down clutching her stomach and heart. The phone fell and the nurse soon called for help.

"Hello, Sharon... Sharon..." Chris called out worried.

"Hello... sir. This is Amanda from St. Claire hospital, this woman and her baby had an accident her baby is undergoing surgery and her...."

"What happened? What happened to my baby? Is she alright." Chris cut her.

"Sir she is undergoing a surgery I request you to come as soon possible...sir are you Ms.Daies husband?"

"Yes... I am. I will be there in twenty minutes"

Sharon couldn't understand which pain was more... the pain in her lower abdomen or pain in her heart. She somewhere subconsciously knew what was happening. She was bleeding profusely and she is a woman. She knew.

Though doctor said April would be fine. She knew... she lost her baby and she felt as if she lost her hope. Her prayers have been for April if she knew before that she had a little life inside her she would have prayed for it too.

Life was too harsh on her right now. Her husband slept with her best friend. She never ever thought Chris would cheat on her... she agrees her marriage wasn't going through a very good phase but she thought her love.. their love would cross that rough patch.

"Nurse... My daughter.. ?! How was her surgery? Can I see her?" She asked as soon as a nurse came in.

"Yes.. she is fine. Her surgery went really well. She is been just transferred to I.C.U. Your husband just came..."

She was interrupted by the sudden entry of Chris and his mother who followed him. Martha never liked Sharon from the starting. So they were never in best terms... Sharon tolerated her only for sake of Chris.

The nurse immediately excused herself. Externally Sharon had just small scratches and a small cut on the head but her baby... emotionally she is a wreck.

Chris searched her for injuries... when he thought she was okay he asked her "where were you going? And why did you take April with you.? If you could have just let her stay with nanny this wouldn't have happened to her."

Sharon could just see the worry in his eyes not love. She lost him. She lost his love.

"What if anything happened to April?" Martha asked.

Sharon didn't have an answer. Okay... taking April along with her was not a good idea. God already punished her She lost her baby. Sharon's eyes immediately watered. How stupid can she be? Not knowing that she was pregnant.