(Shadamy) Ebony Rose

By WannabeEmPad

Amy has been in love with certain blue hedgehog since she was 12, and when he finally grows the courage to te... More

Should've seen it
Re-thinking
Wasted
Start of Change
Back Again
Not a date
Ooze the walls
Something to Say
Just happened
Unexpected behavior on a peculiar day
It was an inconvenience
Beach
Rain
Capture the Flag
Something New
Ark
Revealed
Sacrifice
Encore
(Update)
Warm Greeting
How Cruel
Commemoration Ball (Part 1)

Home Starbucks

3K 80 39
By WannabeEmPad

A/N: This chapter is pretty lengthy...!

Amy's POV

My head throbbed with an aching pain, but so did my whole body. Rubbing my eyes with my ungloved hands-

Wait, why were my hands ungloved? 

Opening my eyes, which were quite foggy, it's hard to see my surroundings. The curtains were drawn down, but small gaps let in rays of light that gave the room an orange hue. Lifting myself up onto my elbows, I see I'm in a large bed with black sheets. I'm wearing the same dress I wore yesterday, except it reeked and it was awfully wrinkled.

A knock is sounded at the door and I jerk my head towards the sound. With how dark the room was, despite the sun poking out of the drapes, when the silhouette opened the door I squinted my eyes. Shadow closes the door behind him, takes a few steps and stands at the end of the bed. I can hear him breathe. It was oddly settling, but I was slightly uncomfortable. 

Was I at his house? What bed am I in?

"Hungover?" The ebony hedgehog asks me, and I swallow. I could see his eyes glowing through the dark, as if they were luminous. 

I grunt and firmly press my hand onto my temples, "Yes." My stomach turns and I suddenly see two Shadows across the room. Noticing my fatigue, Shadow walks up and hands me a glass that was hidden behind his back; or just in his hand because it's too dark to tell where he had it. He gingerly sits on the edge of the bed.

"Drink this." His eyes piercing, I agree and pull the cup to my lips. I snort.

"What the hell, this isn't drinkable. Get this away from me." I shove it into his chest, but not too rashly because that would've been rude. Shadow shakes his head, at least I think so. My eyes were gradually adjusting to the dark.

He takes hold of my wrist, "Just drink it." My hangover really did hurt, maybe drinking this nasty drink would help. What do I have to loose at the moment? Shadow releases his grip and places the glass back into my palm. Forcing myself to take a few sips, the silence held in the room was unbearable.

"Um," I cough, "What happened last night?" 

Shadow sighs. "I'm not sure. I lost both of you around eleven." 

I finish the drink Shadow gave me and surprisingly I felt a little better. He takes the glass and stands up, walks to the door and opens it. Gratefully, my eyes didn't sting as much as before with the light, but I still squint.

"Meet us down in the living room." Shadow says, face nonchalant, and I watch him exit the dark room. It was nice of him to help us, I didn't necessarily feel wanted this past week.

XXX

3rd POV

Amy borrowed a blanket that was on the edge of the bed she slept on and wrapped herself in it. Exiting the room, it was most definitely Shadow's house. Makes sense that she was here, he was the designated driver. Walking down the stairs, she hears muffled noises and smells a rich coffee scent. Rouge should be here too, unless he took her home. Shadow doesn't know where Amy lives, but if he did she'd be surprised. 

Walking into the living room, she sees the two mobians sitting at a table in the kitchen; Rouge, too, has a blanket wrapped around herself and a coffee cup placed in her hands. Amy suddenly felt the urge to drink the dark liquid.

Shadow notices the pink hedgehog and he raises his eyebrows. Rouge turns around and smiles.

"Hey, Darling. How you feeling?" She winks, but it wasn't flirtatious as much as it was concern. Amy takes a seat next to the bat, gives her a brief hug, and hums when Shadow places a mug of coffee in front of her as well.

"Thanks." She mutters.

(A/N: Writing this, I grew the sudden urge to grab myself a glass of coffee myself...)

Shadow coughs, "Now that I have both of you here, I just have one question." The girls' ears perk up and he continues. "What the hell happened last night?" Looking to her right, Amy see's Rouge take a sip of her coffee, but her eyes are telling another story.

She frowns, "Do you remember, Rouge?" The bat sighs. She wasn't wearing any makeup, Amy notices, but the bat was beautiful anyway. Her hair was pulled up in a bun (it grew over the years as well).

"I drank almost as much as you did, and we parted ways for almost most of it, but I only remember bits." Rouge says, looking Amy in the eyes with her iridescent blue ones. Amy suddenly felt slightly self conscience about her own looks. She pushes that aside, because Rouge isn't saying something Shadow wants her to spill. "I remember talking to the DJ for a while, he was cute. That wolf could howl my-"

"Rouge." Shadow mutters, and places another mug on the table for the bat.

"Sorry." Rouge shrugs. "But, there is something I'd like to tell you, sweetheart."

Amy nods, and their atmosphere grew silent. The three mobians at the table were almost huddled, but Rouge and Amy's hangovers caused them to practically lean on one another.

"You were out God knows where when Sonic entered the party," she begins, "and when he saw me, he came over. It was only a greeting, then he went off and drank. That's when I went to talk to the DJ, hot damn-"

"Rouge." Amy half laughs, she wanted to know what happens next.

"Sorry again! Anyway, after talking to the DJ, I went and hung out with Knuckles. I don't exactly remember what happened after that, except for one disturbing memory. I went back to the music spot, to say hi to my wolf friend when Sonic showed up wasted head down. 

He cornered me against a wall, and I was fine at first. Because I was drunk, I wasn't thinking clearly and i didn't register that wrong thought in my head when Sonic kissed me." She pauses, waiting for a reaction from the pink hedgehog. Amy sighs.

"I'm not mad at you." She says, smiling sympathetically. "You, umm, you stopped it right?"

"Of course, sweetheart! Not shortly after, Shadow came up and shoed that boy away and took me home." Rouge smiles and the two give each other hugs. 

"Thank you." Amy says, facing Shadow who was putting away their cups.

"For what?" He asks, back towards them. Rouge grunts dramatically.

"For someone as 'ultimate' as you, I'd think you'd know." She wiggles her eyebrows at Amy and they laugh silently.

Shadow humphs, "This isn't going to be a frequent thing. I was just being very nice. I was in a decent mood yesterday."

"He was! This dark drink of water let me drive the car for once." Rouge says, standing up and putting the blanket on the edge of a couch nearby. "He never lets me drive."

XXX

Amy's POV

It's been two weeks since I got drunk, and let me tell you I'm never doing that again. I've recently heard that Cream and Tails are officially dating and they asked me to come to a double date. Even though the bunny says she understands how I feel, with the whole kissing Rouge situation, I'm not sure anymore.

That's not the worse part. The fact that I'm lying (which I still hate) to Sonic about being okay with our situation, it gets more weird because I'm his partner for the double date. 

"You can't be serious. Cream, you know I can't go with Sonic. I'm a horrible liar, or at least on the inside, I wouldn't be able to survive the night!" I had told her, but she insisted. What was I to say?

No?

I didn't want my stupidity to get in the way of her own relationship.

I put on skinny jeans and a strapless black top, black converse and an old white headband I used to wear all the time. It was the only outfit I could find that was both partially fancy and comfortable. This was not a date... for me.

"You look stunning!" Cream cries. She was wearing an orange sundress that really suited her figure. Tails walks up behind us with Sonic. The fox was wearing a simple suit while Sonic wore a t-shirt and jeans. 

"You do." Tails says, a warm smile spread across his face. He comes up and gives me a hug before giving his girlfriend a hug. Sonic also smiles at me and I feel like I'm going to cry. Swallowing the horrible feeling in my throat, I smile back.

"Lets go?" Cream cheers, and we all agree.

Sitting at a table for four, I sit next to Sonic while Cream and Tails were put in front of us. The night wasn't as awkward as I'd thought it would've been, but I wish the table wasn't so small. Sonic's arm is almost touching mine, and I can feel myself wanting to cry again.

Why the hell am I always so teary? I'm normally not so emotional. I do have a lot of held back feelings, and I do normally "council" with Cream, but recently Cream's been busy with her mobian and I've had to keep those thoughts to myself.

I mean, I thought tonight was going alright until Tails says, "Vector's party was hilarious." I felt as if every panic cell in my body was going to cause me to panic. Like a spastic panic.

"It was!" Sonic laughs, "Did you see Rouge and Knuckles hitting it off by the coolers? I'm not sure if Rouge remembers, but I know Knuckles does. He's going crazy." 

"No way! I always knew he liked her!" Cream gaps. We all laugh; me giving a pathetically weak one. I was so nervous.

"Ames, weren't you at the party?" Tails asks, wiping an eye with a gloved hand. I look at Cream and Sonic, who both were looking quite surprised. Wouldn't have Cream told him?

I blink about a dozen times and rub my arms before stuttering, "Uh-I mean, um... Yes."

"Did you go alone? How come I didn't see you?" Sonic asks, propping an arm up on the table. Our food hasn't come yet, so he had plenty of space. He raises an eye.

I give a weak smile, "I didn't go alone. I don't remember where I went, kind of got tipsy." Muttering the last part, I sense Sonic and Tails are sharing glances of either "Oh my god" or "Tipsy? Does she mean drunk".

"Who'd you go with?" Sonic asks. I feel slightly uncomfortable, as if he's nagging me. I avert my eyes to Cream for help, but when she sees me look the bunny looks away. What was her problem?

"I wen't with my friends..." I say, unsure if I should tell exactly who. By the way Sonic was staring at me, I guess I should. "I went with Shadow and Rouge." 

Sonic snorts, a look of disbelief spread across his face. "Shadow and Rouge? I didn't peg them as your type." My chest hurt, and my throat was sore again. I wasn't sure if he was being mean or just genuinely saying his thought.

"I don't understand. Rouge has always been my friend, and Shadow has always been apart of our group." I say, rubbing my arm once more.

"Just you three alone?" Tails asks. 

"Did you guys force Shadow? I bet Rouge did." Cream says, a giddy smile spread across her face. How could they be smiling? I feel as if they're ganging up on me. As if they found a book and the cover was cool, read it once, but later re-read it and realized it wasn't what they thought.

"No. He wasn't forced. We went all together on our own choice."  I say. The atmosphere grew thick and I found it almost difficult to breathe. 

I knew tonight wasn't going to work. 

Standing up almost hastily, I push in my chair and give a warm but apologetic smile, "Thanks for inviting me. Tonight was fun, but I think I should go." Before I'm able to walk a few steps, Cream grabs onto my wrist.

"Amy, where're you going?" She whispers, a stern look spread across her face.

"Home." I snap as kindly as I could. I was being ganged on. I'm not going to let them humiliate me... "Have fun on your date. Should've just gone without me." I say, pull my hand out of her grasp and walk out of the restaurant. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 1 2
While on Vacation with her friends, Thanks to Shadow, Amy has a one-night stand with Sonic that she quickly regrets, but as the months go by, somethi...
34.3K 876 20
Sega company hosts a ball at their head quarters! All the characters gather for a fun time, music and food, and friends from all over! But two hedgeh...
59 1 2
While on Vacation with her friends, Thanks to Shadow, Amy has a one-night stand with Sonic that she quickly regrets, but as the months go by, somethi...
73 0 5
Okay so this is my own type of AU Where shadow is a assassin following the lead of an unknown man who offers a lot of money to the assassinations tha...