tomboy - a nalu fic

By mo-ch-i

"Here's to the girls who don't wake up with perfect hair. Who don't mind eating a Big Mac instead of a salad... More

tomboy - a nalu fanfic
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fourteen
:0
an update

chapter thirteen

4.7K 227 519
By mo-ch-i

Hey guys! I really hope you all actually read the author's notes that come before a chapter.

When you all vote and comment, I feel really special. When you all vote or comment on my story, it makes me feel like someone actually cares about the trash that I'm writing!

I read all the comments and try to reply as soon as possible. So thank you for voting and commenting, and if you don't do it, then please vote and comment! Share it with fellow Nalu shippers!

It makes my day a lot less unpleasant, to be honest–especially if it's a nice comment or a comment that gives me some positively worded criticism.

Sorry for the short-ish chapter! I was going to include a major plot move here, but I realized that it was going to be too long.

SORRY IF IT'S BORING, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BORE YOU! I FEEL LIKE THIS IS TURNING OUT RLY BORING LOL SORRYYYY!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

Her grin faltered. Her beautiful blue eyes welled up with tears as she broke the staring contest that we subconsciously created. Her lips trembled as she focused her eyes on the cracked concrete below our feet.

"I-I have bad news too," she whispered so softly that I had to lean closer to hear her.

"What is it, Lis? I'll be here for you forever," I reassured her, my heart breaking at the waves of sadness that she emitted.

"No you won't, Natsu," she whispered even softer than before.

I raised an eyebrow.

She looked up at me, a single tear making its way down her porcelain like face.

I could barely hear the words that she said next, and when I did hear them, I regret that I strained my ears to hear what she had to say.

"Because I'm moving too, Natsu."

It seemed like my luck was temporary after all.

Lucy's POV

My eyes flitted around the room as I leaned back on the headboard of my bed. I wiped the perspiration that was forming on my temples. Letting out a puff of air, I swatted a short strand of hair from my heated face.

I felt something behind me sliding. Suddenly realizing that the headboard was dismantled and propped up against the wall, I quickly stood. I turned around and propped it up properly so that I wouldn't stub my toe while walking near it. Trust me, I've had too many instances where I was clutching my toes, hopping on one foot.

I pivoted on my heel and dusted my shirt off. Crossing my arms and balancing my weight on my left foot, I looked at my barren bedroom. I had woken up early, reluctantly, to do some last-minute packing.

Brown cardboard boxes of varying sizes were stacked up on each other. There were many columns of these boxes littered across the floor. Some of these boxes were opened and filled with my belongings and clothes. Others were taped closed with a tape gun, which was propped up on the top of one box.

I exhaled. Two weeks had passed too quickly for my liking.

Luke's head popped out from the now open door. "Hey Luce, you ready for school?"

"Y-yeah," I responded. His head disappeared between the cracks of the door. I scoffed-Luke had left the door open.

As I walked across the room to close it, I thought about the crisis that I was facing right now-what was I going to wear for my last day at school?

Most of my clothes were packed away in boxes, but three pairs of clothes were strewn across some boxes that served as a makeshift table. I mentally cried as all my Nike and Under Armor clothes were packed away. The lords are testing me.

For this special occasion, Mom allowed me to wear anything that I wanted without her fussing over me and saying how my ponytail was lopsided. I thanked her for that-I wasn't in the mood to argue.

After five minutes of contemplating what I should wear, I decided to wear a solid lavender tank top and some white mid-thigh shorts. My sketchers were packed as well so I resorted to wearing some white flip flops.

I quickly showered and put the selected clothes on.

I searched for my trusty black hair tie. Those literally disappear the day you buy them. I luckily found one on the floor. After I tied my hair up into a messy bun, I grabbed my amazing backpack and checked if I had everything to go school.

I jumped down the stairs in step intervals of two or three steps. Mom would constantly tsk at me and tell me that I would get injured if I did anything rash. She's one of those insanely protective moms that won't let you do anything until you deserve it or convince her (which is usually hard). She always wants her way.

As I padded to the kitchen, I wondered what Nancy would make for breakfast today. Maybe she'd make her special waffles, which were my absolute favorite. I'd be happy with waffles over pancakes any day. They're better anyway, at least to me.

My absent minded self almost collided with a wall as I thought about the delectable, mouthwatering food that Nancy would prepare for me. I then realized that I had reached my destination-the kitchen.

"Hey Shawn," I greeted as I pulled out a bar stool to sit on. He looked up, sipping his Earl Grey tea and paused the action of flipping a page of his magazine.

"Good morning, Lucy," he replied curtly and I opened my mouth to carry out a conversation with him but he beat me to it. "Shush, oh my god, my ship is sailing!" he squealed. "OH MY GOD, ABOUT TIME!"

I sweat dropped. One could never know with Shawn.

I turned back to everyone else seated at the island. "Sup Luke," I greeted.

"Aye, wassup," he responded.

"Is Nancy making waffles? I can smell the batter. Waffles for the win." I asked.

An offended gasp emitted from Luke. "You betrayer! Pancakes for life!"

We argued back and forth about what was better. However, we didn't notice a plate placed in front of us.

I looked down.

"WAFFLES! YES!" I cheered in glee.

Luke snorted. "Pancakes are legit life tho."

Three waffles were stacked upon each other. The pile was topped with some fresh strawberries and blueberries. Fudge and maple syrup was drizzled there, too. To add a finishing touch, powdered sugar was sprinkled on Mt. Goodness.

I drooled in anticipation and picked up my silverware to dig in.

Not much time later, I was seated on the bus, ready to start my last day of school. Seeing that all the other seats were occupied, I had to sit next to Natsu. He was too busy mumbling to himself to notice me.

"Ok, I've got the streamers, the banner, and everything else. I feel like I'm forgetting something...OH SHOOT THE CAKE! I'm screwed..." he mumbled, counting off items on his fingers.

"Are you planning a party or something?" I asked.

His head turned to me incredulously as he realized that he was sitting right next to the person that he hated the most. He inched away from me. I frowned.

"Ew, why are you here?" he demanded.

"Um, there aren't any seats left...?" My answer sounded more like a question than an answer.

He huffed and mumbled softly, "Ugh, I have no time for this."

I shrugged and looked away.

***

The school day wasn't as bad as I thought. People avoided me and didn't really confront me much. I was appalled; usually confrontation was normal.

However, I could hear people talking about me behind my back as the day went on. I tried my best to ignore them and focus on the content that Ms. Colbi was teaching us.

Now, as I walk to my locker to gather my things and get ready to leave, I catch what people are talking about. I eavesdropped on two girls that were standing near my locker.

"Did you hear? The tomboy's moving tomorrow!" the girl with a bob cut exclaimed.

"Seriously? No way! Good riddance, that thing never belonged here anyways!" the other girl who was sporting some hot pink fake nails replied.

"I know right! I'm totally looking forward tomorrow, don't you think so, Becky?" the short-haired girl said.

"Totally, Brittany! Like, ohmigosh, I'm going to wear the new skirt that I bought tomorrow!" Becky stated in glee.

"Oh my god, yes! By the way, have you heard that she's moving too?" Brittany conveyed.

Just then, Becky saw me and made a face of disgust. She dragged a confused Brittany away.

I sighed. Was I that bad?

Just then, the announcement speakers boomed to life, startling me.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Mavis said gleefully. "So, I've thought long and hard about this, and I've managed to convince the board of education with my amazing puppy dog eyes, so I'm making it official!"

The chatter in the hallways vanished as everyone stood expectantly.

"Tomorrow is a day off-"

The hallway broke off in cheer and I had to strain to hear the rest. "-since one of my favorite students Lucy Heartfilia and another student L-"

The hallway groaned so loud when they heard my name that I couldn't hear the other name.

"-are moving. Have a great long weekend, and don't forget to pick up an invitation when you leave!"

My heart warmed. A day off just for me! Mavis really was the best. I'm going to visit her and bring her a present–she's really been friendly to me even though I was different. I consider her as an older sister.

***

I was pushed around in the hallways as I scrambled to get an invitation. I heard others talking about some party. Intrigued, I finally grabbed one and got out of the horde of students.

I looked at the yellow sheet of paper. It read:

Meet at the park tomorrow for a party for L

The rest of the name must must have gotten ripped off as I was trying to get out of the crowd. Since it starts with an L, it's probably me!

She's moving tomorrow, which is Friday, and we want to celebrate for her! Be there at 12 pm! Don't hesitate to bring gifts!

I smiled to myself. I never knew people who hated me would be so kind to let me leave with a good memory!

"So that's what Natsu was talking about! How sweet!" I said to myself.

A voice in the back of my head was telling me something, but I ignored it, finally happy to be acknowledged as a friend to the hosts of this party! I'm so excited, I've got to tell Gajeel, Jellal, and Gray!

I rode alone on the bus home, smiling to myself and anticipating the party that was going to be held tomorrow.

The party held for me.

I'm so sorry for the boring chapter! 1800 words that probably made you all go to sleep. Sorry everyone for my cringeworthy writing!

So how was it?

Tbh I'm doing a back to back publishing spree so expect C13 sometime tomorrow! Don't worry, Nalu is almost here~ *smirks*

Thank you all for putting up with this excuse of a loyal author and 68K reads! I love you all!

RS9411

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 8.2K 77
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
120K 4.8K 40
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
581K 27.7K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...