Elsewhere (Carl Grimes) {Edit...

By LittleLightGirl

2 best friends trying to get Elsewhere.... More

Elsewhere |1|
Elsewhere |2|
Elsewhere |4|
Elsewhere |5|
Elsewhere |6|
Elsewhere |7|
Elsewhere |8|
Elsewhere |9|
Elsewhere |10|
Elsewhere |11|
Elsewhere |12|
Elsewhere |13|
Elsewhere |14|
Elsewhere |15|
Elsewhere |16|
Elsewhere |17|
Elsewhere |18|
Elsewhere |19|
Elsewhere |20|
Elsewhere |21|
Elsewhere |22|
Elsewhere |23|
Elsewhere |24|
Elsewhere |25|
Elsewhere |26|
Elsewhere |27|
Elsewhere |28|
Elsewhere |29|
Elsewhere |30|
Elsewhere |31|
Elsewhere |32|
Elsewhere |33|
Elsewhere |34|
Elsewhere |36|
Elsewhere |37|
Elsewhere |38|
Elsewhere |39|
Elsewhere |40|
Elsewhere |41|
Elsewhere |42|
Elsewhere |43|
Epilogue

Elsewhere |3|

1.1K 18 2
By LittleLightGirl

Ellie Moore

We all stepped inside. I looked around and Daryl pulled me by him. "Hello?" A man said.

They adults all held up guns.

"Any of y'all infected?" He asked. Rick spoke up. "One of our group was... He didn't make it."

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man walked towards us. "A chance." Rick replied, his voice filled with hope.

The guy stepped closer.

He looked at all of us. "You all submit a blood test that's the price of admission." He said.

My eyes widen as I looked up at my mom who hugged me. "It will be fine." She mouthed. I nodded.

I've been scared of needles my whole life. I don't know why they just freak me out.

"We can do that," Rick said as everyone nodded. I, on the other hand, shook my head no, but no one bothered to acknowledge. "You have stuff, get in now. Once those doors close they won't open again." The man turned to walk away.

We piled in our stuff, which wasn't a lot these days. We spilt into elevators, Carl sliding his way to the same one I was on.

We waited in an elevator for a few seconds and once off, we followed him down a hallway into a huge room full of tech and screens. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room!" He called.

The lights turned on. "Where's everyone else? The doctors... Staff?" Rick asked. The place was empty only the Scientist, who I found out was called Jenner.

"It's just me," Jenner said, a slight frown playing on his mouth. I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. I knew the look on his face was a look of loss.

"What about the person you were just talking to,Vi?" Andrea said.

"Vi, say hello to our guests!"

"Hello, guest welcome." A girl's voice said over the intercom. We realized it was an A.I and Jenner escorted us to a waiting room to draw a sample.

"Ellie, you're next," Rick pointed to the door and I hesitated to go in. My mom was right behind me, as well as Daryl.

I sat down to get my blood being taken and my mom stood next to me. "Look at me." She said. I did as told. "Close your eyes and think of your favorite thing. The most happiest place." My mom smiled.

I imaged a campsite in my brain. I twirled around in a beautiful white dress. I heard my name being called in the distance.

My mom stood there in a white dress too. I smiled and ran to hug her but as I did an arrow went straight through her torso. The white dress became a spiraling circle of red.

She fell down and I fell to my knees. "Mom!" I screamed.

I jumped out of the vision and grabbed my moms hand. "Are you okay?" Daryl asked giving me a weird look. I stared at the wall not answering his question. My mom squeezed my hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I felt a tear and quickly wiped it. "Is she your kid?" Jenner asked Daryl, slightly tilting his head.

"Niece." Daryl helped me off the table.

We all ate and the adults downed bottles of wine. They were all laughing like children. The table was filled with slurred words and jumbled sentences. It was hard to keep a conversation going.

Daryl handed me a glass. "Go ahead, try it."

"Really?" Lori scoffed. "It's not like it's going to hurt her," Daryl said. My mom shrugged and urged me take a sip. I happily took a sip before scrunching my face in disgust. "That was awful!" I shivered at the lingering taste. The adults laughed at my reaction.

"I'll stick to water." I laughed along.

"Not you Glenn!" Daryl said as Glenn reached for his water.

"What?" Glenn said confused. "Keep drinking little man. I want to see how red your face can get." He laughed.

Shane and Andrea agreed to that. "Yeah, I wanna know all your darkest secrets." Andrea put on a scary voice adding a small laugh after.

After hearing Rick toast to Jenner,Lori sent me up to a room with Carl and Sophia. I found it weird that she mothered me more than my own mother, but I was told not to argue with her. As we got up there Sophia was out like a light. Leaving Carl and I by ourselves.

I turned on a lamp and began to read a little bit. "Ellie?" Carl said. I looked up and he was standing by me.

"Can I asked you something from a girl's perspective?" He said.

I nodded.

"So... I like this girl, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me back. Well, at least like that, and since you're a girl, how would I know?" He said.

"You're 12," I raised an eyebrow. "and in an apocalypse. Where do you have time to have a crush?" I asked. "Ellie, I'm being serious." Carl took a seat on the couch next to me.

"Fine," I gave in shutting my book. "Well, usually if a girl has a crush she's really mean to that person. She'll probably make fun of you or bully you just to get your attention."

Carl nodded along as if everything I was saying was educational and interesting.

"Okay, thanks." He said, then immediately stood up to go to his sleeping bag.

"If you don't mind me asking, who do you like?" I asked interested in who Carl has a crush on. Before the apocalypse, Carl had a huge crush on Holly Winters. He even had to guts to ask her out. But like all middle school relationships, it was destined to end.

"Uh......Sophia." He said not sounding very sure of hisself.

My heart stung a little, as I'd hoped he liked me. I nodded and smirked. "Well, she likes you too. But you didn't hear it from me." I said turning off my lamp. I didn't know if she really liked him. I took a guess and hoped she didn't. I wanted him to feel rejection.

"Goodnight," I said bluntly.

"Night, and don't tell anyone," Carl said. I nodded. "Your secret is safe with me," I smiled in the dark.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

~

The next morning I woke up before anyone else. I took a shower and rummaged through the clothes I had looking for an outfit.

I put on a dirty red hoodie and some leggings. The leggings had some holes but not big enough to bother me. I slipped on my combat boots and took out my braids. My hair was wavy due to wearing them for so long.

I walked down the steps into the food room. I grabbed a few snacks sliding them in my bag.

"Who knows how long we'll be here," I said to myself.

I sat down and T-Dog walked in. "Hey, little Dixon." He said. He opened the fridge. "Little Dixon?" I asked confused. "You remind me of Daryl." He grabbed eggs and turned to look at me.

"You like eggs?" I nodded and T-Dog nodded back. "You're about to taste the best eggs in the world." He cracked one and I smiled.

"I bet."

Soon everyone came downstairs and we all began to eat. Glenn was the last one down the steps. "Can y'all be quiet?" He said.

We all laughed. "Shouldn't have drunk too much." Lori laughed shaking her head. I laughed as well and felt someone staring at me.

I looked and saw Carl. He smiled and I winked. I then turned to Sophia. She was already looking at me and gave me a glare. I stuck out my tongue and continued eating.

~

As we walked into the main room I looked at Shane's face. I saw 3 nail scratches. "What happened to you?" I asked. He didn't answer he just kept walking.

Jenner explained to us why this all happened.

Dale spoke up and asked. "What happens at zero?" I gave him a confused look and saw the numbers counting down.

"The self destruct goes off." Jenner calmly said.

~

Here we are.

Fighting for our lives.

Struggling to get out.

Jenner finally opened the doors. I was hesitant to go at first. Maybe I wasn't supposed to live. But I went on living.

Not wanting to leave Daryl nor leave my mom. Daryl was like my dad. He teaches me life skills that my mother simply can't. He relates to me a lot.

We got out safe and all headed towards the car.

I sat in the back and pulled out my notebook.

I erased Jacqui from the list.

Ellie
Rick
Shane
Daryl
Lori
Carl
Carol
Sophia
Andrea
Dale
T-dog
Glenn

Hanna

The remaining survivors.

The Atlanta group...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 80 9
(The Walking Dead fan fiction)
126K 3.2K 27
Daryl Dixon scares the hell out of you climbing out of that damn creek. [Complete] [ษชแดแด˜แดส€แด›แด‡แด… ๊œฐส€แดแด แด›แดœแดส™สŸส€ แด€ษดแด… แด€แด3]
Sky By mrs.grimes

Fanfiction

1.5K 58 19
280K 5K 43
"All hope is lost Carl." "Not for you it's not."