Path To Redemption (Fighter's...

By TheFeveredBookaholic

COMPLETED: 24/02/17 *Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recom... More

Chapter 1 - Jaxon
Chapter 2 - Emily
Chapter 3 - Jaxon
Chapter 4 - Emily
Chapter 5 - Jaxon
Chapter 6 - Emily
Chapter 7 - Jaxon
Chapter 8 - Emily
Chapter 9 - Jaxon
Chapter 10 - Emily
Chapter 11 - Jaxon
Chapter 12 - Emily
Chapter 13 - Jaxon
Chapter 14 - Emily
Chapter 16 - Emily
Chapter 17 - Jaxon
Chapter 18 - Emily
Chapter 19 - Jaxon
Chapter 20 - Emily
Chapter 21 - Jaxon
Chapter 22 - Emily
Chapter 23 - Jaxon
Chapter 24 - Emily
Chapter 25 - Jaxon
Chapter 26 - Emily
Chapter 27 - Jaxon
Chapter 28 - Emily
Chapter 29 - Jaxon
Chapter 30 - Emily
Chapter 31 - Jaxon
Chapter 32 - Emily
Chapter 33 - Jaxon
Chapter 34 - Emily
Chapter 35 - Jaxon
Chapter 36 - Emily
Chapter 37 - Jaxon
Epilogue - Emily
Author's Note
Follow Me!
Book Two - Cover/Title
Book Two - Synopsis
FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Nominate Me?

Chapter 15 - Jaxon

431K 11.6K 28.8K
By TheFeveredBookaholic

Cover by joeyness_! How amazing is it, guys?!

I pull my car up to Cameron's apartment and park. The guys usually met up once a week and this past month I'd become part of this ritual. We'd watch a game, share a few beers, and talk about boxing. It was nice to fall into a routine that included me amongst other guys roughly my age. It's been a long time since I've had that.

Taking the elevator up to his floor, I rap my knuckles on his door when I reach it. Cameron swings it open a second later, his usual grin on his face.

"Hey, man." We shake hands and clap each other's back with the other.

I walk inside and shut the door behind me. We make our way to the living room where the other guys are lounging on the couches. I clasp hands in greeting with each of them before settling down on the single couch.

"You look tired." Cameron observes as he pops open his can of beer and takes a sip. "Couldn't sleep?"

Immediately my mind goes to yesterday with Emily and fuck...just the memory of it threatens to make me hard again. The last thing I want is to give the guys an eyeful of my semi so I cross one leg so that my ankle rests on my knee, obscuring their view of my crotch. But goddamn, who could blame me?

Of all the times I'd fantasized and envisioned what it would be like to be inside her, nothing could have prepared me for the real deal. The two of us had fit together perfectly and she felt so good immediately upon sinking into her that I could've blown my load right then. Sex with her was the most satisfying I've ever had. I'd thought that fucking her once would get it out of my system but all that one taste did had awoken my raw desire and I wanted more. In every possible way that I could have her. And that's exactly why I'd told her it couldn't happen again.

I spent the entire night tossing and turning, craving her presence and body. Fuck, she had the most perfect body. I was surprised by my level of control for not coming right when she dropped that flimsy towel and bared herself to me. One look at her soft curves, round breasts, and endless legs, and I'd snapped. I fucking devoured her. And the entire night I was envisioning round two; the round that I couldn't allow to happen.

"You okay?" Cameron asks and I realize I zoned out.

"Yeah," I brush off. "Just a rough night."

And the worst fucking case of blueballs known to man.

"So, who are you going to be fighting next?" Nate asks.

"Some fighter named Claude Beckett."

"He's good." Asher pipes up. "Better than Sanders for sure."

"Have you seen his fights?" I ask.

"Not all, but a fair share."

"Run his plays by me." I lean forward and listen raptly. I'd know exactly what and how to prepare based on his strengths and weaknesses.

"He's got fantastic defense, just like you, so that's going to be a problem. But the good thing is that his offence sucks ass and yours is more mediocre. He's known for his uppercuts because it's the easiest offense to deliver after a dodge so that's something you'll have to watch out for. I can see why Coach would agree to a fight with him but I'd be careful."

"Yeah, of course. But it sounds like he'd meet me tie for tie."

"Physically, yeah, but mentally the guy is a wall. Nothing gets past him. He's not like Sanders, he doesn't engage in trash talk or shit around the bush. He's to the point and he's fantastic as hell at controlling his cool. That's one hell of an advantage in such a violent sport."

"I see what you mean." I take his words in consideration.

"You'll be fine, man." Nate waves. "You kicked ass last time."

"He kicked Sanders' ass and handed it to him on a silver fucking platter." Cameron whoops.

"Don't let it get to your head, Cage. You're a natural but you can't overestimate yourself." Asher rolls his eyes.

"Kind of a hard thing to do when I got my number one groupie up my ass." I smirk in Cameron's direction and the guys start snickering. Even Wolfe's shoulders start shaking and I barely see the guy show emotion.

"Why is he so fucking rude to me?" He asks the other guys, feigning offence.

"Cause I could take you down in a match." I retort.

"Ooh," The guys chant at once. Except Wolfe.

"Nah," Cameron says nonchalantly but I can see the challenging gleam on his eyes. "I've been doing this shit for a while. Fucking love it, too."

"How long?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Since I was 9."

"Damn." I let out a low whistle. "What about the rest of you?"

"3 years." Nate says.

"Since I was 12." Asher offers.

We all turn to Wolfe, who merely holds up both hands and displays 10 fingers. I wonder what's the story with him. I don't think I've ever heard him talk.

"Nate, you dipshit." Cameron scowls. "You ate all the chips. Fuck you."

Nate merely snorts and taps his stomach mockingly to which Cameron responds by lifting his leg to kick him.

"Relax, ladies. I'll get some more." Asher interjects smoothly and something tells me he's used to their antics.

Before he can stand up, Wolfe holds his hand up with a grunt to stop him. He grabs the empty bowl and walks off to the kitchen.

"What's his story?" I mutter when he's out of sight.

"He doesn't talk." Nate shrugs. I feel my brows fly to my hairline in surprise.

"At all?" I question incredulously.

"Never heard him speak in all the years since he came to Fighter's Den." Asher confirms.

"Is it because he can't?"

"I can't be certain about that but then again, if his vocals were the problem he wouldn't be able to grunt or make any noises by means of answer."

"So he chooses not to talk?"

"I can't be certain." Asher repeats.

"So ask him." Cameron pipes up and the conversation ceases. We just stop and turn to him, trying to see if he's joking. A few seconds tick by where we just stare at him in disbelief but the idiot doesn't get it.

"What?" He asks, genuinely confused.

"Ask him." Nate echoes his words slowly as if willing him to get it. No such luck.

"Yeah, why not?" Cameron questions like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ask the guy who doesn't talk, why he doesn't talk." I summarize and it takes a few moments before realization dawns on him.

"Oh!" He exclaims, nodding with understanding.

We all groan, slapping a hand over our faces or shaking our heads.

"Jesus, you're a dumb fuck." Asher mumbles.

"Hey!" Cameron protests. "I will have you know I was still distracted by my lack of chips."

Wolfe walks back in then with a full bowl and Cameron grins when he sees it.

"About time." He declares then turns to Nate, glaring. "Stay away, fatass."

Nate reaches forward and swipes a chip into his mouth so fast, I almost don't see him move.

Cameron's jaw hits his lap.

"Asshole!" He tackles him from where he was lounging beside him and they both fall to the floor, wrestling.

Wolfe raises his brows.

I roll my eyes.

Asher pulls out his phone and snaps a few shots.

These guys are fucking awesome but sometimes I question our friendship.

"Yo, Cam. How come Emily hasn't been coming to the gym?" Asher calls to him.

At the mention of her name, I immediately tense. Especially because I'm not liking that he's going to Cameron about her. I almost feel...territorial. Damn it. Hooking up with her was seriously fucking me up.

"Why would you ask him?" I blurt without thinking.

Cameron and Nate stop fighting to look up at me. Wolfe has his eyebrows drawn in confusion and Asher gives me a strange look.

"Because he's the closest to her from all of us?" Asher says it like a question, like he's being tested.

No, he's fucking not.

Shit.

Get your head together, Cage.

Cameron's eyes observe me, almost knowing, and my hackles rise. I'm being too damn obvious.

"True." I play along. "So, why hasn't she been coming around?"

If I didn't know any better, I'd think Cameron just smirked a little.

"Not sure. Maybe she's grown a secret crush on me and is trying to get herself under control." He jokes.

But it's not fucking funny.

My hands tighten on the armrests on their own accord and Cameron's smirk deepens. The fucker is playing with me. And it's working.

"You don't seem like her type." I smirk back but I can feel how tightly I'm doing it.

"How would you know?" He drawls.

I bite the inside of my cheek. Asshole.

"You're not any girl's type." I attempt to tease and the guys laugh. Thank fuck.

Cameron's looking at me like he's letting me off the hook, merely laughing along but with a suspicious stare directed towards me. I need to leave before I fuck up even more.

"I gotta get going, assholes. Work and shit." I stand to rise.

"You just got here." Nate protests.

"I know I'm hot as fuck but don't be clingy." I wink.

"Fuck you." Nate laughs.

I say my respective goodbye's and head to the door.

"I'll walk you." Cameron calls, getting up.

"Damn. Are all of you obsessed with me?" I snicker. In all honesty, I'm panicking about being cornered by Cameron. I'm not sure what he'll say to me.

"Somebody give me a dart so I can pop his airhead." Cameron scowls.

The guys' chortles follow us out the door. Cameron closes the door behind us and faces me.

"Something I can help you with?" I ask casually.

He stares at me for a few, observant seconds.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? I know you're a bit closed off but we got you, man. Especially me. I'm your boy." He claps me on the shoulder.

"I know, man. Don't worry." I brush off. Because I can't bring myself to believe his words even if they're true.

He peers at me for a few more moments. I know he doesn't believe me either but he lets me off the hook. Again.

"Alright, brother. Take care." He nods and turns to the door. I give his back a quick tap and head off.

"Hey." His voice stops me.

"Yeah?" I ask, facing him.

"Say hi to Emily for me." He grins and goes inside before I can get another word out, leaving my gut thrashing.

I'm not sure what the extent of his suspicion is but he's on the right track. And smarter than I thought, despite his general lack of common sense at times.

I curse and swiftly leave the building, driving to the pub in a daze. What the hell am I doing? I'm being careless and indecisive and it's not fair to Emily but hell, it's like a battle against myself. Against what I want and what I need. What I need to be doing is focus on boxing for Sam's sake and my own, because it's steadily become my saviour. I need to focus on making more money for Lizzie and getting us settled into a safer area. I need to pay Greta and her daughter what they deserve. I need to make sure I can afford to send Lizzie to school next year. She was supposed to go this year but I didn't have the money for essentials or lunch or anything. I won't let my failures stop my daughter from getting an education, from having a life. I can't get involved in my own wants because I have too many responsibilities. What I want is also what I can't have.

What I want is Emily.

I want her mind, body, and soul. I can't exactly say I want her heart yet because that's too serious and I'm honestly not at that level. But, she's made me happier in this past half year since Sam's death than anyone other than Lizzie has. There's just something about her. She hates her awkwardness but I find it amusing as hell. My life is too much of a downer and her remarks and personality can genuinely derive occasional laughs and smiles from me. She supports my newfound passion whole-heartedly, even before Coach gave me the time of day so I know her support doesn't sway from true intentions. Plus, sex with her is fucking amazing. Off the charts, hot as hell, raw and addicting kind of sex. It could be from my consuming lust for her, one I've never felt for anyone. Not even Tara.

All these attributes aside, I can't shake the feeling that there's some absurd connection between us. Something you feel as soon as you meet someone and it just won't go away because it's too deep and true for some fucking reason. I know more about her than I care to admit but even so, bigger forces are in play when it comes to us. I can't understand it and it's making me cautious. So, admittedly, it's my own hesitation towards pursing this and getting close that's keeping me from her as opposed to her being Coach's daughter. But that's a legitimate problem. Not just because Coach would kick my ass, which he'd gladly do and his level of protection over his only family is understandable, but because it would be seen as scandalous in this industry. I'm starting to realize how this shit works, especially after watching my own interview. They'd twist the story of us to deem our relationship as a ploy to get my career to the top or some shit. Sleeping with a former legend's daughter to score in my own status. Using the daughter for sex as a source on the inside to cheat my way to the championship. Some shit along the lines of that and I won't put us in that position. I have too much on my plate as it is and Emily doesn't deserve that.

I park in the lot of the pub and head inside, shaking my thoughts off. My life, though slightly better, has been getting messier since Emily's involvement. But it doesn't make me want her any less. It makes me want her more. It's like I'm addicted to destruction.

"Hey, man." Lucas calls out when I enter.

"Hey." I bump his outstretched fist and head to the back to change into uniform.

When I come back out, Lucas is on his phone, uncaring.

"It's a slow day." He informs me when I look at him in question.

He wasn't lying. In the past three hours of my shift, I've tended to a total of twelve customers. Tips are not looking good today and this deflates and angers me. Not to mention my confusion over Emily added on and my mood has considerably soured. Suddenly, I want her. At this very moment. I just want her to take it all away, the way she did when I was inside her yesterday. I just want to forget and be with her for a scorching, blissful moment. I manage to control myself for another hour of my shift until my restlessness catches up to me and my internal excuses stop making me feel guilty. I lose another battle against myself when I text her to meet me at work. I can tell she's confused and hesitant especially because I left things strained yesterday, but I urge her. I just fucking need her. I know I'm being selfish but I can't stop the raw desire I'm feeling right now.

I'm just about to come apart from impatience when Emily finally walks through the door, looking like a damn wet dream and taking my breath away. She's wearing a dress. She always wears a pencil skirt and blouse to work but I'm not complaining. It's a beige cashmere dress that falls off one shoulder and ends above her knee, silouhetting every delicious curve on her body. She has nude heels that makes her legs look sky high and I want them wrapped around me when I pound into her. Her eyes meet mine and she smiles nervously. I watch her with a small smile of my own as she approaches me.

"Hi." She greets a little cautiously.

"Hi, yourself." I say and nudge at her outfit. "What's the occasion?"

"What do you mean?" She tilts her head.

"You don't normally wear dresses to work."

"Oh, I suppose you're right." She looks a little baffled that I noticed and that bothers me a bit. She should know I notice her way too much, if anything.

"I had parent teacher interviews today." She explains.

"How'd it go?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know. Even if I called her with the intention to have sex, it doesn't surprise me that I'm just...being with her.

"Nerve-wracking but good." She smiles and sits on the stool in front of me, making herself comfortable. "It was my first time so I wasn't sure how to talk to the parents, if I was saying the right things or making a fool of myself, that kind of thing. I just wanted to seem professional and serious."

"I'm sure you did. Your passion for your job shows when you speak of it so I don't doubt the parents recognized that." I say encouragingly and she sort of knocks the breath out of my lungs when she beams at me.

"That's the most reassuring thing I've heard all day." She laughs.

"Then I'm glad it came from me." I wink and thoroughly enjoy the way she blushes.

"So, what did you call me for?" She changes the subject and it works.

My lingering need becomes my main focus once more and my hunger for her consumes me. I can feel my eyes hood as I lean forward until I'm just a breath away from her lips. I'm pretty sure her own breath halts when I do that.

"I need to be inside you again." I murmur low enough for her ears only.

She's definitely not breathing properly.

"Oh, I, uh-" She awkwardly stutters and it makes me grin. She's nowhere near awkward when we're together but the mention of it beforehand flusters her. In a lot of ways, her naivety is endearing.

"Come on." I interrupt her and grab her hand across the counter.

I walk swiftly until we round the bar and I pull her behind me. She runs slightly to keep up with me. Lucas just smirks a little when we pass him and I'm greatful he doesn't try to stop me. The place is almost empty anyways.

I take us into the woman's bathroom, making sure it's clear, before clicking the lock shut. When I turn to Emily, the lust in her eyes reflects my own. Without hesitation, I push her back until she hits the door and slam my mouth over hers.

Christ, her lips are fucking perfect. Soft, full, and they align just right with my own. She kisses me back with unrestrained need and I press my lips harder against hers. I cradle her face in my hands and slant her head back to kiss her at a deeper angle. Our mouths open and close in familiar harmony and our synchronization blows my mind. I was made to kiss this girl.

She reaches for me but I grab her wrists and take them above her head, pressing my body into hers and pinning her against the wall. She opens her mouth willingly and I slide my tongue in, toying with the roof of her mouth before meeting her tongue stroke for stroke. I'm fucking devouring her and my dick is painfully hard because of it. She shifts her hips against me and I groan when I feel her heat, even through our clothing. I break away for air and slide my lips against her jaw. She squirms but she can't do anything because I've still got her pinned in place. Shifting my hold of her wrists to one hand, I bring the other to her back and go down until I'm cupping her lush ass. She arches her back against my hand and this nestles her centre even closer to mine. We both moan and she immediately winces. I chuckle against her neck and I hear her scowl.

"We're gonna get caught." She accuses.

"I'm pretty sure my co-worker has a good idea of what's going on in here. But being caught is the last thing on my mind, sweetheart." I tug her earlobe with my teeth and she gives a breathy whimper.

My nose travels down her slender neck and I inhale her addicting scent. My senses are on overdrive and I finally let go of her wrists to palm one breast. I brush a thumb over her taut nipple and her head falls back. She arches into my hand when I squeeze and I continue peppering kisses along her neck. Her free hands fall to my bow tie, untying it and flinging it to the side. She begins unbuttoning my shirt as I push her dress over her hips until it's bunched at her waist. She finally gets it open and pushes the shirt off my shoulder just as I grab the side of her panties and yank, ripping them off.

"Hey!" She protests but forgets about the scrap of lace when I push one finger into her wet entrance. She moans and her nails scrape down my stomach. I hiss in pleasure and increase hers, adding another finger. I pump them in and out and she throws a leg over my hip, biting her lip when my fingers meet a deeper angle. I watch her teeth nibble her lush mouth and take the opportunity to do the same, leaning forward and taking her bottom lip between my teeth before slowly tugging. Her fingers dig deeper into my sides as she makes a noise in the back of her throat.

"I'm coming." She pants and I urge her on by pumping faster. She stills several seconds later and comes apart beneath my hand. I have to crush my mouth against hers when her cries get too loud. Soon, she's breathing hard into my mouth and I feel her body go lax. I pull my slick fingers out and hold her stare as I put them in my mouth, watching her watch me taste her. Her eyes round with shock and lust as I wipe my fingers clean.

"I would've ate you out if I had time." My voice sounds several octaves lower and Emily visibly swallows. I visualize other scenarios that would involve that action and it's not helping how my dick is straining against my jeans. Emily notices and reaches for my belt, undoing it. I grab my wallet and whip out a condom before we push my jeans and boxers just below my hips. Emily runs a finger down my length and I groan, stopping her hand.

"If you do that, I won't last." I growl and her eyes gleam victoriously. I think she likes how much she affects me.

I take her hand and walk backwards, taking her to the counter of the sinks. I spin her around so that her back is to me and I brace her hands flat against the surface. I press my palm against the centre of her back and nudge her forward until she's bending over slightly. Pushing her dress back up past her hips, I hum in appreciation at my view.

"Your ass is perfect." I say and her eyes meet mine in the mirror.

"You said the same thing about my tits yesterday." She adds.

"Fine." I grin at her reflection. "Your entire body is perfect. Every part of it."

She shivers slightly when I start roaming my hands over every inch I can touch.

"You make me believe that." She says softly and my gut twists. That makes me glad as fuck.

I swoop her long hair over her shoulder and press a kiss to the back of her neck. I slide my hands up until I'm cupping both of her breasts and our actions become rushed and erratic once more. I feel like there's fucking electricity in the air every time we touch. Each bit of contact causes sparks and my breathing to speed up.

"Spread your legs." I demand once I get the condom on. She obliges and I nestle myself between her, gripping her hips. I pause for a heartbeat, our eyes connecting in the mirror, before I slam into her. She cries out and I watch her grip the edge of the sink dangerously tight. I press my own hands into her hips as I try to control myself. She fits tightly around my dick and I silently marvel at how well we fit.

"Fuck. How can you feel this good?" I choke out. Her harsh panting and nod is the only answer I receive.

I begin moving when I finally feel like I won't blow my load right then and that I can last longer than a minute. I slide in and out with ease; she's wet as fuck for me.

"Harder." She breathes, surprising me.

I comply and pick up my pace, thrusting more feverently than before. I grip the back of her knee and bring her leg up, bending it against the sink.

"Oh, God!" She cries when I hit all the right places inside her at this angle.

I'm fed up with the barrier of her dress between us so I urge her arms up and whip it off, her white lace bra the only piece of clothing on her. I pull one cup down and her breast falls free. I roll her nipple beween my index finger and thumb and watch her reflection silently gasp. I love that I can see exactly how I'm affecting her. I run my lips along the spine of her back until I reach her neck and bury my face in it. My hands clasp hers against the counter and I'm slamming mercilessly against her. I have to bite her shoulder so I don't scream out like I want to.

"I'm close, Em." I pant out.

"Me too. Please." She begs.

I roll my hips and she gasps at the new sensation. I alternate between rolling and thrusting until we're both trembling and moaning.

"Come with me, Em." I growl. She reaches down to touch herself as I give one final thrust and we both lose it.

"Jaxon!" I fucking love hearing her scream my name but I can't have her doing that right now. I grab her chin and tilt her head back to kiss her hard enough to contain our sounds of release. We ride out the wave together until we collapse against each other, breathing hard enough that I have to question how we're breathing at all. We stay unmoving for a few silent, mind-blowing moments.

"Is it just me, or was that even better than last time?" Emily asks in a daze.

"Fuck, yeah. I didn't even know that was a possibility." I snort and feel Emily shake with laughter.

We both jump when we hear banging against the door.

"Thanks for the live porn fest but you guys need to get out! I'm locking up!" Lucas shouts from the other side.

This time it's me laughing when I see Emily's face flame red with embarrassment. She slaps me away and I reluctantly pull out, kissing her shoulder before discarding the condom in the trash.

"I can't believe we just did that in a public space." Emily admonishes as she pulls her dress over head. "You better sanitize this place before leaving."

I throw my head back in laughter and catch Emily trying to scowl but failing as she regards me with a reluctant smile.

"I can't belive you ripped my panties." She shakes her head as she throws them in the trash and covers them up with tissue.

"It's cute how careful you are." I note, pulling her back against me. I already miss touching her. What the fuck is wrong with me? I just banged her brains out for Christ's sake.

"This is the first time I've done this." She sighs, leaning into my touch.

Her admission makes me way happier than it should. But the thought of another guy touching her made my blood boil.

"Hey." A thought occurs to me. "We should stay monogamous while we do this."

"We...this will keep happening?" She turns in my arms to face me.

"I want it to." I tell her honestly. Because I'm done resisting my temptations. For now. Her eyes get a little hopeful and I hate that I can't let them.

"But, Emily...I can't offer you a relationship. There's too many opposing factors. I only want you to agree to this if this can be just sex." I've always believed girls can't handle that but I'm selfish enough to not give a damn right now.

"Okay." Her eyes lose their slight dim but I can see she genuinely wants to do this. I give her a quick, hard kiss and nod, leading her out. Lucas raises his eyebrows when we emerge and Emily ducks her head, muttering her goodbye and rushing ahead.

"Still not your girl?" He grins.

"Shut up." I grumble. Because I don't know how to answer that.

_________________

A/N

Hey loves! Oh man this chapter was long! It seems they're getting longer as they go.

Anyways, apologies for the delay in posting. Summer school is kicking my ass.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @TyLuvsBk! Love reading your comments cutie, thank you for the support!

Thoughts and feedback immensely appreciated! I love seeing your comments!

Please share and vote if you liked this chapter!

Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 126K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...
290K 8.2K 24
Kingston Series #1 THE FIRST BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Tanner has his entire life planned out. He has a full ride football scholarship as the st...
58.9K 1.7K 41
Loving Jaxton Spin-off #2 (18+ content warning) Last book in the series! Maddie Rutledge, daughter to Jax and Rylee Rutledge, new out of a relations...
1.9M 55K 31
[HIGHEST RANKING #1 IN FALLINGINLOVE] It wasn't ever supposed to happen like it did. It wasn't supposed to happen at all... Katarina Rhodes was just...