Love on the Brain (Rihanna X...

Від delete3d9383858

Meek tightened his grip on the sleek, gold pistol he held to her head and tossed her the small baggy of cocai... Більше

Introduction
Take a Bow
Sledgehammer
Woo
Rude Boy
Feeling Myself
Run It!
Shut Up and Drive!
Loyal
Anaconda
All Eyes on You
Kiss Kiss
What's My Name?
Truffle Butter Part 1
Truffle Butter Part 2

Only

2.5K 146 130
Від delete3d9383858

A/N: don't forget to vote and comment please!

Recovery, Week 4

She placed the folded bag on top of the counter, scooting it towards me with a smirk on her face.

"I had to sneak it in, but I know you'd like it."

My eyes became wide and my throat dry. "N-Nicki, is, is that what I think it is?"

"Yeah, I figured you'd want it since its been a while. I know you miss it." Her eyes twinkled and her big toothy grin let me know she was proud of herself. I searched for a sign in her eyes, something to tell me she was joking. She couldn't have really brought drugs with her.

"Come on, just try it. You know you want to." She sang.

I felt like vomiting. I ran straight towards the bathroom and lifted up the toilet bowl. I felt Nicki's small footsteps trying to keep up behind me, but I had already shut the door.

It flew wide open as soon as I was about to empty my stomach contents into the toilet. "Robyn? Are you okay? Look, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were allergic otherwise I would have never brought the flying fish!" She looked genuinely scared. In her left hand she held the white paper bag which had grease stains on the bottom. I couldn't believe it. I was so panicked and all she had done was brought me food. Bless her soul. The ridiculousness of the situation made me start to chuckle, then howl with laughter.

Slowly, I got up, still laughing and clutching my ribs. "T-there's flying fish in that bag?" I pointed.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, opening it up. The aroma of the bag's contents filled my nose. It smelled so good.

"Damn, where'd you get this?" I licked my lips.

"You forget I'm from the Islands, too? I know how to cook. But wait a second, what just happened?" She furrowed her brows.

"Wait, wait a second," she began, narrowing her eyes and waving a finger in the air, "did you think I brought drugs, Robyn?" She whispered the last part.

I smiled before grabbing the bag. "Let's eat." I took the two takeout boxes from the bag and placed them on the table while Nicki still stood in the same spot with her mouth agape.

"Okay your loss," I threw up my hands and then dug my fork into her takeout box.

"Oh hell no!" Nicki exclaimed, rushing over.

I laughed, I knew that would get her.

******

"You been talking to Chris lately?" I turned my head towards her and shoved more popcorn in my mouth.

She hummed and shook her head no.

"We're done. He's apparently with some new bitch." She said casually.

"Damn." I muttered at her choice of words.

"Well when you're hurt, you're hurt." She sighed. It had been almost a week since Chris' impromptu checkout, and Nicki had been visiting me frequently. She wasn't allowed to stay as long as she was but we bent some rules, wrote a couple checks and made it work.

Through our movie marathon, she told me about how Chris was now with Karreuche and she hadn't had any sort of contact with him. He just dropped her like that. No apology, no goodbye, nothing. He was already on 106 & Park talking about getting out of rehab and holding hands and kissing his new girl on camera. My room had cable, so she made me turn on the episode and watch with her.

By the end of the show, her eyes were pink. "You okay, Nic?" I put a hesitant hand on her shoulder.

She fell into my lap but didn't cry. She just laid there, looking up at the ceiling. "I'm okay. Just in deep thought." She sighed.

"How long were you together for again?"

"A year and six months. Matter of fact, the day I visited, when I came to the pool, the first time I saw you here," she shifted so that we were looking at each other, "was our anniversary. The gift was him checking himself into rehab. Ironic, huh?" She chuckled bitterly.

"Wow. That's a lot to take in," I hummed, "but, can I ask you something?" I shifted.

"What is it, Robyn?" She asked curiously.

"Why do you come and visit me all the time? Like some of my own family hasn't even come to visit me yet and you-"

"Because you're different. I'd rather be here with you than spending time with a bunch of people I could care less about. I enjoy putting off studio time to be with Ms. Fenty." She joked.

I raised an eyebrow, "I really hope you're not doing that Nicki."

"Nah." She replied while tugging on the drawstring of my hoodie. "I told the label I needed a few weeks off. It'll only delay the album for a little longer. I'm on a media break. The fans will understand." She explained.

"Really, though Robyn, on a serious note, you're sincere and sweet, even though it takes a little to see that side of you." She smiled.

"Oh god, am I really sweet?" I exclaimed, horrified.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"Just a week ago I told Mel that I was starting to feel more empathetic. And now it's getting worse. I need to get back to being an asshole." I put a hand to my forehead in distress.

"Oh, shut up Robyn." Nicki rolled her eyes at me.

****

Two days later

"Robyn! Robyn?" Nicki shouted, waving her hands in my face.

"Huh?" I asked, confused. Her gesture snapped me out of my daze.

"Did you even hear a word I said?" She exasperated.

"I'm sorry, I'm just kind of..." My voice trailed off. I didn't know what to say. I had so many thoughts rushing through my mind.

"Aw, are you still nervous about your mother visiting?"

"No." I denied. "No, no, I'm not." I repeated. I shook my head.

"It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than you're trying to convince me." Nicki grabbed my hand.

We stood on the beach, the silky sand under our feet, melting under our feet with every step we took. The wind whipped at our hair and faces, but I didn't mind. The breeze felt good. I was feeling sort of troubled, so Nicki suggested we go out for a walk on the beach.

My mother was coming to visit. I hadn't seen her since the day before I left for rehab. What if my progress wasn't enough? What if she didn't believe in my efforts? My mother was always a caring, understanding individual, but all of the "what if's" flying through my mind made me paranoid.

"You're fine. Trust me! From what I've heard, Mama Fenty sounds like a sensible lady. She loves you, and you're on the right track. You're her baby, she'll be able to tell." I took in a slow breath. She was right. I was acting like a crybaby for no reason.

"Okay?" She looked at me.

"Okay." I responded.

"Good. I'm glad you're better, because I've been wanting to do this the whole time."

"What's up?" I scrunched up my face.

"This!" She shoved me into the water and I landed into the waves on my back. The cold water was a shock.

I wiped the water out of my eyes and lunged for a hysterically laughing Nicki who was running away cackling like a hyena.

"Onika, what di bloodcl-" I stopped myself. If it was a war Nicki, then it was a war she would get, I thought to myself as a devilish smirk appeared across my face.

I sprinted after her. All of those hours I had spent running and working out had paid off. I was able to sprint much more faster than before. I almost felt bad for her for a second. I hid behind a long, thick palm tree and watched silently as she was bent over, out of breath and still laughing.

Midget ass, I thought.

She took a few minutes to catch her breath and then finally realized that it was just a little too quiet.

"Robyn?" She called out. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion and slowly turned around. Quietly and swiftly, I tip toed behind her before grabbing her by her tiny waist and jumping both of us into the water.

She let out a high shriek once we our skin met the freezing water. We began to play fight and wrestle a little bit.

"That wasn't fair!" She shouted.

"I know you're not talking, you sneak attacked me! Lucky I didn't RKO the fuck out of your lil ass." I mugged her playfully.

"That was so funny!" She laughed and wiped away a tear.

I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't even that funny, you goof."

"Yes it was! You were like 'Onicka, what di bumboclat!'" She did her best impression of me, crossing her eyes and stumbling around in the water like a doofus.

I smacked my lips and waved her off. "Man, whatever."

"I didn't know your accent was that strong." She said.

"It is, if you really heard it at its strongest you wouldn't know what I was saying. Gotta dumb it down for you, Nic." I replied.

She slapped me on the arm and we floated in the water for a little in a comfortable silence.

****

"I didn't expect to get so wet." Nicki said, shaking herself off.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't have tried to pull any moves on me." I stated casually.

She stuck her tongue out at me as I slid the card into my door and let the both of us in.

"Damn. You need a change of clothes don't you?"

"No, I'm fine sitting here. Soaking wet." She said sarcastically.

I cocked an eyebrow at her. "Don't get that ass beat again, Onika."

She sticks her tongue out at me like a preschooler while I run to my closet and pull out a t-shirt and a pair of what I like to call "Netflix & Chill" shorts. I toss them to her and lead her to my bathroom so that she could shower before changing.

"It's all yours. Go ahead and change and I'll order some food." I shut the door behind me and walked over to the telephone mounted on the wall since they didn't allow cell phones to be used by patients and dialed the number for room service. I asked for a large pepperoni pizza with fries.

After about ten minutes, the food was delivered to the door by a staff member.

I grabbed the box and walked over to the bedroom door. I was positive Nicki wasn't in it because the bathroom door was still closed with the light on. I turned the knob and threw the door open, but quickly lost my balance and dropped the pizza at the sight before me. She hadn't seen me at first, but my loud presence made her aware of me.

My eyes became wide as I fell flat on my ass. "Nicki? I didn't know, I thought you were in the bathroom." I closed my eyes and quickly scrambled for something to cover my eyes with. Finally after seconds of searching I found a soft garment that I held up over my eyes.

"Robyn, relax! You're fine, it was an accident. I'm more upset about you dropping the food than seeing me butt ass naked."

I heard her footsteps approach and sensed she was picking up the pizza. As she bent down and met my eye level, she started to laugh uncontrollably.

"What?" I asked.

"Why don't you take a look at your blindfold." She squeezed out between laughs.

Slowly I removed the cloth from my eyes and looked down at it. It was a pair of Nicki's silk panties. "So... These were on my face?" I said with a calm voice. You ever been so mad that you were calm?

"Yes!" She nodded hysterically with tears in her eyes.

"So, Onika, we're fighting. Come on. Square up!"

The only response I got was her obnoxious laughter. I threw the panties at her and snatched the pizza from her and walked into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Nicki emerged out of the room sporting my robe. "So, I see you treated yourself to the rest of my clothes." I commented.

"Yup, it looks way better on me, too." She winked.

I jumped in for a quick five minute shower while she texted on her phone on the couch and waited for me. After a few minutes, I was ready to get out. I reached for a towel and realized Nicki had taken the last one. I cracked the door open just a little.

"Onika?" I whisper-shouted.

"Onika!" I shouted again, this time much louder, and startling her. She clutched her chest.

"Jesus! What is it?"

"Deaf ass. Can you pass me a towel please? The top of my closet in my bedroom." As fast as I asked her to, she brought a towel back. I thanked her and wrapped it around my waist without much thought. I dried off and then threw on my pajamas, a pair of shorts and a shirt.

I walked into the kitchen once again. My mouth salivated at the scent of fresh pizza. I walked over to the table to grab a slice and put some fries on my plate as well.

"Rob?" I heard her voice from behind me.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Hurry up, the movie's starting!" She rushed me with a frown on her face.

The shortest people have the fastest tempers, I thought to myself as I shook my head.

"What did you just say?" A scowling Onika whipped her head around from the couch, ready to beat my ass.

Fuck. Did I just say that out loud?

A/N: This chapter wasn't really much. I just a filler so that I could get Nicki and Robyn's friendship established before moving on. Next chapter will be more exciting tho, promise.

1. Do you think Nicki and Robyn are good as friends?

2. What about as something more?

3. Should Robyn stop stressing over seeing her mom?

4. Do you think Nicki and Robyn will become more as friends?

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

383K 13.2K 33
A gangster falls for a southern belle. Will she be able to tame her? A Rihyoncé story
28K 1.2K 41
Can be love be so instant it changes everything? A robynxnicki love story
34.7K 1.9K 20
"often times i wonder if the risk is worth it.. but as soon as i look into those eyes all of my worries go away. how could one soul make me want to t...
76.2K 3.8K 40
✿❯────「✿」────❮✿ 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙨. 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙗𝙧𝙖...