What's The Time Mr. Wolf?

By Natasha_Goats

I winced as he pushed me onto the bed, my heart racing in my ears. " You need to listen to me," I scowled. Ho... More

Prologue
Chapter one- Internal death
Chapter two- Jaime
Chapter Three- School
Chapter four- Being the new girl sucks
Chapter Five- They killed my sister
Chapter Six, Part One- This is so not fair
Chapter Six, Part Two- Apologies
Chapter Seven- Rejected with a capital "R"
Chapter Nine- Good Gone Bad

Chapter Eight- Frenemies

4.6K 90 48
By Natasha_Goats

Sorry this took so long

Please Vote or comment (and Criticise)

And read away......

***

Once Jaime had dropped me off in front of my home I immediately tried to find a way to hide my new kitten. If Richard or Gertrude caught me with her, I would be punished even more than what I was already going to be for getting home late. She already meant the world to me in the short time we have been together so I'm not about to lose her.

I walked up the grass-covered walkway and entered the house through the back door. Inside, everything was dark and silent so I turned on the hallway and kitchen lights. It seemed like nobody was home. Odd. Very Odd. I walked up the stairs and checked all the rooms after doing the same downstairs. Empty.

"Hello, anybody home?" This is very unusual. I went into my room and made a little bed for Rosie-Belle out of a basket and blankets and placed her in it while I decided what to do. I walked downstairs and decided to do what I usually would on a normal night. Be the honourable and obedient slave I was.

I started preparing dinner like usual because after all, they could just be running late. As I was peeling the onions, I cut myself and cursed. I turned the tap on and put my finger under the gushing water. Straight away it heeled and I looked at it with shock for a few seconds. I cooked for an hour and they still weren't here. I rushed into my room with a bowl of milk and put it on the floor next to my kitten.

She lapped it up thirstily and I noticed that she was skinnylike me. Sighing, I changed out of the horrid uniform and pulled on a pair of rotting jeans and and old sweater Jane had lent me. I went to put dinner in the oven so it would stay warm since they had't blessed me with their presence yet. I was only allowed to eat once my Aunt and Uncle had finished and that was usually just leftovers. This was not good because I was absolutely starving.

I wish my life wasn't so pathetic. I sat on one of the couches in the living room and hugged my legs to my chest. Once they get here, I'm going to talk to them about being moved down a grade. I knew they expected me to do well at school so I had to speak carefully about it. Thinking about school lead me to thinking about Salvatore and other things...

I missed my old life. My friends, my family.... everything about it. The pack Salvatore is soon to lead has been our rivals for centuries. That was all about to change when my father ran away and left Astana, my dear sister to be the Alpha Female of this pack. She was childhood friends with the last Alpha of our rivals and we were discussing land sharing and peace between our lands but one of their pack members that was not in favour of  this idea, created a group that had the same opinion as him. Together they attacked our pack.

Their pack declared war after we killed the members that had foolishly crossed our land for a fight. Jeremy, their Alpha, thought we were in the wrong so the friendship between him and my sister was lost, as was any hopes of peace between us. Astana and Jeremy, both mighty Alphas, decided they would take this fight-despite Astana's pleads to convince her long lost friend of the misunderstanding- to the border point between our two lands. What separates it is a cliff. It was a one-on-one private battle between our two leaders. We expected one or the other to win this battle to the death. But they both died. I felt it when mys sister left, as if she was calling out to me.

What should of happened after this tragic event was that, I should've become Alpha with the guide of my mother until I was of an age to take over full leadership. We should've continued our lives like we did before any of that mess happened. Instead, my mum went into a Coma, I became the slave to my aunt and Uncle and my pack is being mislead into a wreck.

Rightfully, since I'm next in line, I have the right to challenge my Uncle to the role but he has made sure that I am in no condition to hurt a fly. Just as I was thinking this, I felt a burning sensation wash over my body. I looked down my body and I found that  the ends of my golden hair were glowing. My eyes widened with shock and my mouth formed an "O" shape.

I screamed and ran outside. The glowing instantly stopped and I took a deep breath. I was imagining  it, that's all, I tried to reassure myself. I decided to go for a walk since Richard and Gertrude weren't home yet, and I was getting worried. Not for them of course but for the fact something serious must be happening.

I debated whether to change into my wolf form but decided it would take too much energy so I stuck with my human body. I was a bit on edge from the stillness and quiet around me. I walked around the whole suburb and found all houses empty, even Jaime's house. I went from being paranoid to full on freaking out in a matter of seconds and tried to think of where everyone could be.

Calming myself and taking deep breaths I decided to check the old barn in the forest where we used to hold pack meetings. it was a five minute  walk from where I was so I decided to jog it. I arrived at the gate two minutes later and jumped over it so it didn't squeak and make a noise. I quietly tiptoed up to the large barn and started hearing voices from a few yards back. I made it to the side window and peeked in to see what was happening. 

It seemed  to be a pack meeting but everyone was here, which was really odd. Usually it was just the elders or adults that came but everyone was here. Children, Teens, Toddlers, babies, Adults. Everyone. I decided to listen to what My Uncle-who was standing at the front- was saying when a hand suddenly wrapped around my mouth and an arm around my waist.

I struggled in the persons arms but couldn't break free. I then smelt the scent on this persons skin and realised it was Jaime. I relaxed and he released me. Quickly spinning around, I kicked him in the shin and gave him my hardest glare. He started jumping around holding his leg where I had kicked it.

"What the hell are you sneaking up on me for, you idiot!" I whisper-yelled. He looked at me with an annoyed look, now seeming to have recovered.

"Jesus! Would you have preferred it if I called out to you and we get caught, by the way I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this meeting I thought you already knew or something," He scratched his chin " I can update you with whats happening but your not going to like it," He sighed " Why don't we go for a walk and I'll tell you,"

I nodded and we headed into the forest.

****

We arrived at the local creek ten minutes later and that's when Jaime started to talk.

"Okay Gaby, would you like the good news or the bad news first?" He questioned I thought about it for a few seconds.

"The bad news, That's what they always choose in the movies right?" He nodded at me as if to agree.

"Okay, the bad news. I am actually surprised myself that it took this long but the "pieta" pack are planning an attack on our land and taking it for their own," I nodded, this wasn't surprising.

"Why do you think it took them so long, Jaime?" He ran a hand through his hair and I shifted my feet awkwardly. " I mean, it's been four whole years since... the incident happened," I blurted the last bit out.

"Don't know Gaby, maybe because out of respect for the death of our leader, maybe because they don't see us as a threat but rather as a nuisance," He thought for a second " Or maybe they just couldn't take action because they have been lost after the death of their own leader. It's a complicated but yet a simple problem," I nodded in agreement.

"And the good news?" I was hoping this was actually good news and not a poor attempt to cheer me up.

"You get to stay with me and my family until all is settled down," He smiled " My dad brought it up and Your Evil Uncle approved it," He waited for my reaction. I shrieked!

"That really is good news!" I started chuckling. " I thought "good news" would just be a lame attempt to cheer me up," He chuckled. " How long will it take for everything to settle down though?"

"Not sure, but lets not worry about that," He yawned " I'm exhausted, lets go home and pick up your stuff," He grabbed my hand.

"Wait Jaime, could you please get my stuff for me? I'm gonna stay out here for a bit longer so I'll meet you at your house,"

"Sure, meet you there, dont stay out here for too long," I nodded and gave him a hug. He walked off and I watched his retreating back. He really is the bestest friend ever. The stars were really beautiful tonight and I worshiped each one of the for their incredible beauty.

I suddenly had an idea...

****

I wasn't absolutely sure that I knew where I was going at first, but then I decided to let my wolf take over. The thing about being in your wolf form is that, everything is dull. There is no colour, because just like dogs, we are colour blind. You start to turn feral if you don't learn how to hang onto your humanity early and your senses are heightened to an extent were sometimes they're just overbearing.

I felt like going hunting but knew now wasn't the time. Because I was going out to find the place were my siter died. I knew I wasn't fully ready but I wanted to honour the place she had died on. When I found it, my mouth dropped with awe. The clearing on this borderline was gorgeous so it was hard to believe such terror was brought here. I collected a bunch of random flowers from a tree and kneeled down on the edge of the cliff where I knew my sister had fought on.

"My dear sister. Why did you leave me? You were strong, beautiful, a great leader and just everything I ever wanted to be. I thought you were invincible at the time but yet again, I also thought Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy existed as well," I managed a small smile at my words. " I know despite what others might think, that it was definitely not your time," I felt a tear escape my eye " I love you sis,"

I turned around and stood up wiping my tears away. I layed the flowers down and looked at the ground. I almost screamed when I noticed there was another shadow next to mine that definetly did not look like me.

"Hey don't freak out, I won't heart you Gabriella," I knew that voice! Salvatore! I backed up slowly a few yards so that I was fully on my land and he looked at me as if trying to approach a frightened animal.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't like how crappy my voice sounded. He raised an eyebrow.

" I could ask you the same thing, but it's none of my business,"He smiled and my heart melted.

"Umm..O..Ok..Okay, I'll just go now," I spun around planning on leaving.

"Wait Gabriella, I want to talk to you! please just don't walk away. I will explain everything that happened today and cross my heart it will be the dead truth." He looked serious so I nodded and he smiled appreciatively.

"Well you see, earlier today when I first approached you, I was sent on a dare by  my friends to pretend to be friends with you than humiliate you infront of the whole school. As soon as I saw you I knew I couldn't. When we had lunch together and I found out that your a Comillo I automatically new you were the Alpha of my rivaling pack. I was confused so I took my anger out on you and walked off." He looked at me as if waiting for permission to go on and I nodded again.

" Well I came to apologize to you later beacause I knew from some people I heard it off that you had detention. I luckily came at the right time." He started shaking with anger and I, without realising it walked forward to comfort him with a hand on his arm. His eyes glowed a very pure black so I removed my arm and waited for him to shake it out.

He continued once he settled down," I tried to talk to you in the hallway but I was mad and stuffed it up. Please forgive me Ella I don't want you to hate me," I raised my eyebrows at the nick name but decide to say something other than just nodding my head this time.

"Okay I understand but I want to talk to you about something," I knew I should'nt be asking this of the enemy but I trusted him for  a deranged reason. "Two things actually," I wanted to clear up the whole I'm-not-the-Alpha-of-my-pack-though-I-Should-be-thing. " Firstly, I am not actually Alpha. It's a long story that I'll tell you some other time. Secondly, is your pack planning an attack on my pack?"

He sighed and ran a hand through his gorgeous silky hair. " Okay I'm confused about the Alpha thing but we can talk about that another time I guess. And yes we are planning an attack but I am hoping in persuading the current Alpha to back down and since I will be Alpha before this attack will even have time to take form, I think your safe, but I would't put it past my brother to have something organised  by tomorrow." I nodded and realised it was getting late.

"I have to go Ella," He said as if reading my mind " One more thing though, are we friends?"

"Frenemies," I smiled and he returned it with a chuckle.

"Good enough for me....for now," He whispered the last bit. "Oh and ny the way Ella, call me Sam,"

"Why, it doesn't even sound like Salvatore or something short for it," I was confused.

"S.A.M stands for Salvatore. Adams.Matrix. That's my full name,"

I raised my eyebrows and he just shrugged. "Coincidence," He started walking away, "bye Ella,"

"Bye umm... Sam?" He nodded and we both smiled. That wasn't so bad. I hadn't realised the moon had gone behind the clouds but I saw it come out again and from the corner of my eyes I saw something shiny. I crawled towards it and found a chain. It was attached to a paw-print locket and I opened it. I gasped. On one side was a picture of Astana as a thirteen year old and on the other was me at the same age. This is Astana's.

I held it tightly in my hand and cried for a few minutes. I then decided it was time to head back.

****

I have to admit, quite an easy chapter to write.

Please check out my friend JustCeline. Especially her story "Teach Me how To Play"

She is super awesome and friendly

Ciao!

-Tash

Continue Reading