Don't Try To Make Me Smile...

By krystalkey

"There are three things I don't do" I told him with a blank face, without a single emotion to convey "What ar... More

1: I'm Weird, Yeah I Know!
2: Fuck You! Nathan Gold!
3: His Name is......
4: Definitely wasn't me!
5: Are you a Lesbian?
6: Am I really a Princess?
7: I need a Friend/ Contest
9: Cliffhanger?
CONTEST WINNERS!!!
10: Don't try to make me smile!
11: Swimming?
12: Eric!!!!
13: I hate pink everything
14: Cliff kiss
15: She's sunshine
16: Beach part 1
17: Beach 2+Fireworks
18: Prison break and Rapunzel
19: Proposal gone wrong
20: Two confessions in one night!
21: My answer rhymes with No!
22: Ex boyfriend turned Stepbrother
23: Go ahead and cry.
24: We're Perfect
25: Unconscious Confession.
26: Awkward Situations.
27: Five seconds to be his girlfriend
28: Like That!
29: Cry For Attention.
30: Don't look at me like that!
31: Some Trashy A-list Party.
32: I Love You
33: Why does it feel like this is the last time?
34: Best friends!
35: Unanswered Questions
36: Icy blue eyes, dreamy blue eyes.
37: Never ending tears
38: Little Excuse!
39: Finding Cheryl
40: Dreams
41: I'm not Coming back
The Cliff!
Confessions

8: I do not always wear black!

857 153 72
By krystalkey

I was awake but my eyes were still closed, I just kept on hearing an annoying ringtone in the background. it was very disturbing, and I was trying to sleep. I didn't mind smashing whatever was making that noise to the wall.
I wasn't ready to get up yet, I was still lying on the bed trying to remember how I slept off the night before, but I couldn't put things together.
I remembered going to Nathan's party, meeting Kess, then drinking beer, meeting Nathan and more beer, that was all my mind could reveal to me, I couldn't remember anymore.

It took me up to some good minutes to realize that the annoying sound playing in the background was my ringtone.

I shot my eyes open immediately and tried to sit up and immediately, a mighty gush of pain rushed into my head, it was a head attack.
I don't care if there's a word like that but that was how it felt like. Weakening! Almost pushing me back to the bed. Ugh! Hangovers are terrible things to deal with, but yet my phone still kept on ringing. Who the hell still kept calling me when I wasn't picking up. Desperate much?

I searched for my phone inside my bag and when I found it, I picked it without checking who was calling

"Where the hell are you guys" a voice screamed almost bursting my eardrums and I regretted picking the call that moment.

"Why there hell are screaming this early morning?" I could've have screamed if not for this massive headache I was having.

"Early morning?" I could hear the person scoff "Are you crazy? Where are you and why is Chelsea not here also?"

When she mentioned Chelsea, I definitely knew who it was, my manager Kelly. I brought the phone off my ears to check the time and I gasped. It was already 12 and I have morning shift on Saturdays that starts by nine and I was freaking late. Not even late, I had missed my shift.

"Cheryl are you even listening to me" I could hear Kelly scream

"Kinda! Um....my shift is almost over" I said hoping she would let me off the hook but sadly Kelly isn't that kind

"If you don't bring your butt down here in the next 30 minutes, I swear you're fired"

"Whatever" I put off the call and sighed greatly. There was no way I was going to work today, not with my head banging this hard.

I studied my surrounding and it was very unfamiliar, this wasn't my room as far as I can tell. This room was too big, way too neat and way too plain to be my room. The bed was bigger and softer and I didn't have paintings on my wall. I had posters of Justin Beiber and of kpop stars, BTS, EXO and SHINee to be exact. So this wasn't my room.
I got down from the bed and took my bag along with me, I walked out the door on a journey to find where exactly I had slept. My journey didn't seem to be very difficult because just at the sight of the messy surrounding I definitely knew it had to be Nathan's house.

Red plastic cups were lying here and there, empty squeezed can drinks and I think I even saw a puddle of vomit, Ewww! Whoever is going to clean this mess damn has a lot of work to do

If only I knew

I heard some noise in the kitchen, like water rushing or something and I  walked towards there to find Nathan scrubbing the sink

"What are you doing?" I asked him

"Someone puked here" he replied and chuckled at the way I scrunched my nose up in disgust

"So how did I end up spending the night and the next morning here"

"You passed out after downing almost 6 cans of beer. How's the hangover?" He had an amused look on his face.

"Not very good" I felt my head "You have some aspirin" I made a mental note to myself to never drink that much again, what's the good in drinking so much and feel like dying the next morning.

"Check there" Nathan simply said and that simply pissed me off. Do I look like a GPS or something. Some people really need to learn English again. They just blurt out anything from their mouth without thinking if the other person understands it or not.

I think I'm going off the topic here.

"There where?" I felt like using a stick to hit the back of his head. But then he walked to wherever he was pointing at to get me the drugs himself alongside with a glass of water. Very gentlemanly. But sorry, I don't fancy gentlemen.

"You should start cleaning this mess before your parents or anyone of the adult category gets back"

Nathan chuckled pulling the rubber gloves he had on and running them through his shiny brown hair that was arched forward in a messy but sexy way.

I did not just think that

"We should start soon"

"We?" I gave him a confused look

He chuckled and walked past me to the living room and I followed him.

Seriously I should have gone a long time ago, I'm definitely not the type to have a conversation with anyone let alone a guy, but yet something he says keeps pushing me to stay a little longer.

"The guys would be here soon and we're all going to clean up this mess"

"Guys?....what guys?"

"My friends, Eric and the twins and your friend that new girl"

I frowned at the word 'friend' "colleague" I corrected "She's not my friend"

"Sure? You guys act like one"

"I said we're not friends so drop it" I almost yelled and he lifted his hands in a form of surrender "No offence"

"Why would I join you guys to clean this mess"

"You have to pay for sleeping here"

"I have money" I told him

"No keep it" he smirked a bit jumping on a chair "I prefer manual labor"

I gave him a crazy look. This is what I get for having long conversation with people, they take it the wrong way and seem you're friends already. But no way, I'm friends with no one and I ain't cleaning any stupid mess with a group of stupid teenagers.

"That's really your problem, I'm leaving" I was almost storming out when Nathan stopped me.

"You can't leave without your keys"

"What!" I began to rummage through my almost empty bag "You have my keys"

"Ta da!" He waved them in my front and I shaking with annoyance, this dude was annoying the hell out of me.

"Give it back"

"Not after this place is sparkling clean" he put the keys into his pocket and smirked at me, and I was growing more angry seeing that stupid smirk. Guys! Seriously!

"I'm going to call 911" I said hoping that was going to scare him but it was like a boomerang that came right back at me.

"That won't be good for both of us because you'll have to explain why you were drinking underage"

He got me there...

"Where are your parents?"

"I live here alone. Why?"

"Anyways I need to take a shower and wear clean clothes, I reek of beer"

"I've got that covered"

"How?" I stared at him in disbelief, did this guy plan this all out to keep me here and admire my pretty yet bitchy face. I wish I didn't come for any stupid party, I wouldn't be stuck with a stupid blonde jock, and some creepy twins and then my dumb colleague.

Way to go Cheryl Taylor! What a great way to start your Saturday when it's almost over.

"Your friend Chelsea, I told her...."

"She's not my friend" I gritted my teeth in annoyance, interrupting him "and don't tell me you told her to bring clothes here, I hate her taste in fashion"

Trust me, Chelsea's fashion taste it's not bad, nearly cool but not as cool as mine. I was just looking for an excuse to get away from here, from cleaning and worst of all being with people.

"This place is a great mess" I heard a voice I recognized to be Eric's voice, I turned to see all four of them...no wait I could see only three. Ugh! Please I don't care, someone get me away from them.

"Kelly is mad at us, we didn't show up" Chelsea walked towards me wearing a vintage sweatshirt with sevens ripped jeans and Nike high tops. I can't deny the fact that she actually looks gorgeous with those simple clothes.

"Where are the clothes?" I demanded ignoring her earlier statement about Kelly.

"Right here" she handed me a bag, I snatched it open to reveal the hell she bought for me. This might be her way of repaying me for all the rude comments I throw at her. I took out a shirt, a white shirt that had the words Supreme in red at the front.

"You wear Supreme?" I gave her a surprised

"Very cute collection" she smiled

"Supreme is nowhere near cute" Kess butted in, there's no way I won't have noticed him but he looked cool wearing just a tank top with black pants, exactly what Eric was wearing, but I had to agree with him Supreme was nowhere near cute, totally awesome collection.

"He's right, you can't call Supreme cute"

"Says the girl who always wears black" she told me and I retorted back

"I don't always wear black"

"I think you do" Kess added, sizing up my outfit

"Shut up" I yelled at him "I don't always wear black

"Yes you do, now just rock white while you can" she pumped her fist in the air and Kess played air guitar, while she joined him singing a song I've never heard.

They can be cute sometimes, but stupid.

"Where's the bathroom?" I yelled at Nathan who was playing video games with Eric. I thought they were here to clean

"Use the stairs" he yelled back "and your sense" Eric yelled after him. I ignored Eric, I was not in the mood to bicker with him.

After I took my shower, I joined them to clean by picking red cups with Chelsea, Kess mowed the lawn while Eric and Nathan cleaned the floors in the kitchen and living room.

All five of us were sprawled out in the living room. I sat on the sofa with my hands spread out, Chelsea was beside while the boys were on the floor.

"I'm hungry" Chelsea whined pushing her brown hair backwards so she could be more comfortable, that was when it occurred to me that I actually hadn't eaten anything and it was already 3 in the afternoon. I was practically starving now that Chelsea mentioned it.

"Why don't we just make some...." Nathan was about to say something but Eric and Kess shouted at the same time

"No way!"

"There's no way you're cooking anything for us again, let's just have pizza" Eric suggested

"Pizza! No way!" I screamed immediately, I never planned on talking to them but now I seriously have to butt in when Eric mentioned pizza. But actually I don't hate pizza, I would never agree to any the Eric suggest.

"Why not?" Eric gave me a strange look

"I hate pizza"

"Exactly the same way I'm hating you right now"

"So what do you want exactly?" Nathan directed his questions at me

"I'm up for some burger and fries" Chelsea said first

"Not a bad idea" I agreed and Eric frowned at me

"We can go to restaurant, who agrees with me that the weather is nice for a convertible" Kess suggested

"Totally" Chelsea beamed in happiness and I gave her a weird look

"We can use Cheryl's convertible" I heard Nathan say and I totally disagreed with that stupid idea.

"You don't expect 5 people to ride a convertible"

"Ok I'll add mine and we'll use both" Nathan said and I glared at him that moment, but I was forced to agree because of Chelsea's constant whining alongside with Eric's teasing, I just had to give in.

But there was another problem was the sitting arrangement. This person wanted to sit with that person. Chelsea never wanted to leave Eric's side, Eric wanted to be with Nathan so they could talk about boring stuffs, but Nathan wanted to go with me and Eric didn't want to be around me. Kess was just kinda in the middle and I wanted to drive alone. So eventually Kess made us play a game that I've never heard of before, it really felt awkward because I've never done this with people.
Finally the results came out and Kess Eric and I were together while Nathan and Chelsea were together. What awful results!

"I'm driving" I told Eric "I call dibs"

"There's no way in this life I'm letting a girl drive me" Eric refused dragging the keys from me

"It's my freaking car, you know"

"That doesn't count"

"Yes it does, now give me my keys" I'm done with guys always snatching my keys from me.

"Ok guys lemme just drive" Kess suggested

"No!" Eric and I screamed at the same time and Kess backed off, I was glaring at Eric he was glaring back at me

"Guys it's not a big deal, just let her drive" Nathan said

"I'm not losing to her"

"Just play rock ✊ paper ✋ and scissors ✂" Kess suggested again and he was really pissing me off with his games.

Eventually we played,I was paper and Eric was scissors meaning he won, this idiot freaking won. I was going to get him for this.

"Get in the car babe" Eric gave me a sexy killer smirk that I had to force myself to look away. I was definitely not the kind of girl to be staring at a guy but Eric is damn hot!

I did not just say that.

This is the longest chapter I've written so far and I had to make I so on purpose because I have plans for the next chapter.

Contest winners will be announced after the next chapter so expect it.

Hope you liked this chapter anyways. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
284K 7K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...