The Hilarious Romance Between...

By DarknessLuver

After years of fighting, Izaya decides he is no longer interested in playing with Shizuo. He decides to go ou... More

Izaya's Absolutely Genius Plan!
No Shizu-chan, That Doesn't Mean I Like You!
Don't Answer When A Blond Is Calling
Ootoro Isn't Always Bitter
A Huge Misunderstanding
The Great Informant is at a Loss
Rumors
A Dullahan's View
So You're Telling Me You Love Him?!
Nightmares
The Helpful Courier
The Sick God and His Nurse
Why Do You Care?
Alone
Breaking Point
Regret
Izaya's Absolutely Genius Solution!
Sequel?

The Ugly Truth

3.4K 208 170
By DarknessLuver

"I said I want my phone, Shizu-chan."

"I just don't think you need it right now."

"It's been a week since I came here and I can go home now. Give me it."

"I don't see why you want it so badly..."

"Give me my damn phone!" Izaya shouted angrily, red eyes flaring up with intense anger.

They were fighting at the front of Shizuo's house over the informant's phone. Izaya was finally well again after an entire week of rest with no way to communicate with the outside world. Now that he was finally 'free' again, he wanted his electronic device that Shinra had forbidden him to use during his small vacation. He needed it back for work after all.

Now if only the stupid brute would give it to him.

For some reason Shizuo was extremely reluctant to return it to him, trying to hide it at first only for Izaya to find it immediately. Protozoans are not very good at sneaking around apparently.

Shocker.

Now the faux blond was simply trying to persuade him not to look at it which was completely absurd considering how many messages Izaya must have by now from Shiki and clients of his.

What could he say? He was a busy guy.

Shizuo groaned and pinched his nose, taking in deep breaths to calm himself. It was something Izaya had noticed during his time with the bodyguard. The taller man truly did try his hardest not to get angry and so far he was very successful, not having thrown anything at the very annoying raven during his whole stay at his house.

Well, kudos to him.

"Izaya please..."

"What the hell is your problem? Just give me my phone." Izaya held out his hand as he looked up at Shizuo with slitted crimson eyes that dared him to anger him more.

Shizuo bit his lip and surrendered, hesitantly placing it in the smaller man's pale palm.

Izaya sighed in relief and immediately leaned against the wall as he scrolled through his phone, expecting there to be something wrong with it. Maybe Shizuo's inhuman strength had crushed it slightly or he dropped it.

Nope, everything was perfectly in order.

The informant quickly texted back an infuriated Shiki as well as some of his desperate clients that were begging him to help them after a week of complete silence.

He noticed the blond watching him through his peripheral vision but said nothing, instead clicking on the Dollars website to scan over any big new that happened while he was away.

-Feed-

Chouko: Did you hear about Orihara Izaya passing out?

Hayato: Yeah, everyone knows about it. Didn't the Black Rider carry him off?

Chouko: There's no way that happened.

Hotaru: Actually, I saw it happen. He just collapsed and then the Black Rider drove off with him.

Hayato: Scary!

Chouko: Think he's dead?

Hotaru: I doubt it, no one can kill that fucking cockroach.

Hayato: Yeah, he'll probably crawl back out sometime.

Chouko: Honestly, why hasn't anyone killed him yet? He's a waste of space who only causes pain to others.

Hotaru: He's probably paying Heiwajima Shizuo to protect him by pretending to be his lover. It makes sense.

Hayato: Seems like something he would do. Everything about him is fake after all.

Hotaru: Let's just hope he dies at some point.

Chouko: 'Course he will. Someone will get sick of him and stop his shenanigans eventually.

Hayato: Or he'll kill himself.

Hotaru: It's not like he has a reason to live. No one truly likes him.

-End of Feed-

Izaya finished reading off the messages and tucked his phone away in his pocket. Stretching slightly, he decided he would have to get back in shape from his entire week off. Ugh, he definitely wasn't looking forward to that-

"Did you look at the Dollars website?" Shizuo's voice broke into his thoughts.

Looking up at the blond, Izaya saw that his mocha eyes were full of worry and his fists were clenched at his sides.

What was his problem?

"Yeah, I did. I'm going to go home now, thanks again. See you-"

The informant's eyes widened with surprise as he was pulled into Shizuo's warm embrace. Feeling his face pressed into the man's chest, Izaya couldn't look up to see his expression. A gentle hand stroked through his black hair protectively and he was held as close as possible.

....What was happening?

The ex bartender's face was buried in his shoulder and Izaya began to feel wetness spread across it.

"Shizu-chan, are you....crying?" He asked softly, red orbs open with complete disbelief.

There was no way this indestructible being who was stronger than 100 people combined was actually crying.

However, a soft sob proved him wrong yet again.

"How can p-people be so cruel to you without even trying to get to know you? How can you be so calm about it?!" Shizuo asked as he hugged the small man tightly.

Izaya frowned in confusion.

"It's not a big deal, Shizu-chan." He shrugged.

After dealing with hate aimed towards him his entire life, it was easy to shield himself from being hurt by mere words.

"What the hell are you saying?! Those people were hoping you'd die!" Shizuo shouted, pulling back so that he was only holding Izaya's shoulders. Gazing into the raven's eyes, all the blond saw was complete calm.

There was no anger.

There was no sadness.

Izaya was completely indifferent to it.

"Shizu-chan, you were just saying that a few weeks ago. I'm used to it." He sighed, not understanding why Shizuo was so upset.

Shizuo stopped, eyes going wide as he realized how easily he had told a human being to kill himself for years.

It didn't matter who they were.

It didn't matter what they did.

Wishing death upon someone when you didn't know their story was not okay.

"I need to go home and work now, Shizu-chan." Izaya dipped his head slightly to the bodyguard in thanks for taking care of him before exiting the house and shutting the door behind him.

Shizuo stared at the closed door, still horrified by how nonchalant the informant was about the whole situation.

It wasn't okay for Izaya to be so used to hate and unused to love.

Sitting down on his couch, Shizuo bit his lip.

He had to change that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.2K 20
*****Completed******* Izaya Orihara is a strange person. On the outside he seems heartless and even psychotic. However, on the inside, he suffers thr...
89.9K 3.3K 25
You met Izaya Orihara in college, and you have always been impressed by his intelligence and good looks. As a desperate attempt to stay together afte...
37 1 1
Yaoi: The way Izaya thinks he can casually take whatever he wants whenever he wants and then just leave without a word or a thanks really ticks off S...
2.2K 86 28
With Izaya finally dead at the hands of Shizuo, he's left a ghost that's stuck haunting his murderer. All the while he watches as Shizuo spirals into...