Changing Directions ◆Baby Dad...

By -get-well-soon-

❝Making a big life change is pretty scary. But, know what's even scarier? Regret❞ ... More

Epigraph
Cast
01. Boobs = Mommy
02. Sparkly Eyes
04. Competitions
05. Revelations
06. Stay Strong
07. Siegfried and Jane the Pregnant Non-Virgin
NEW BOOK
08. The GodMONSTER!
09. Little Miracle

03. I Still Buy Your Pants

7.1K 160 14
By -get-well-soon-

Waves (Robin Schulz Remix Radio Edit) - Mr. Probz 

I do not own Baby Daddy only Sophia and her plot line. 

Sophia's outfit for this chapter

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Sophia and Riley were sitting at the bar Ben worked behind watching him do a sequence of tricks with a whiskey bottle.

"Wow. Very impressive. And who said you had no discernible skills?", Riley said. 

"I think that was you, Riley.", Sophia said. 

"What am I suppose to do, guys?". Ben exclaimed

"Well, there's not really that much we can do until Angela comes back. But I think we should talk about the elephant in the room.", Sophia said. 

"Which for once isn't me,", Riley cheered, 

"How much do you want to be involved?", Sophia asked. 

"I don't know what I want. Last year, I was doing construction. Before that, I was waiting tables. Now I'm flipping bottle. I haven't figured my life out yet. I'm not you two."

"What does that mean?", Sophia asked. 

"Come on. College. Med and law school. The... transformation. You see what you want and you go for it."

" Yeah. Not always,", Sophia said looking at Ben as he turned around to serve another customer. 

Sophia took a sip of her drink but ice fell down into her shirt," Oh, ice down my bra, ice down my bra."

Riley turned to Ben, "Hey, I'm really sorry I sat on your head all those times."

"And I'm sorry for standing by and laughing my ass off.", Sophia added. 

Ben smiled and looked to his phone,"Angela's back.", he turned to one of his co-workers, "I'm on break, man."

And he ran out of the bar. 

 "I'm sorry for laughing my ass of at your pain. Smooth move, Iron-woman. ", Sophia muttered to herself. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Sophia and Riley returned to the apartment and  Ben told them how Angela came and dropped off adoption papers then left... again. 

"So, I sign this and Emma has a new daddy?",Ben asked. 

"Pretty much.", Sophia said

"The letter says they already have a family lined up.", Riley added.

There was a knock at the door. 

"If I do this, if I let her go, I don't want to hear about it. I never want to talk about it again, okay?", Ben said strictly. 

"Okay.", Danny sighed. 

"Okay." , Tucker said with Emma's hand grabbing at his nose. 

Ben opened the door and on the other side stood his mother. Bonnie Wheeler

"Where is my precious little grand-baby?", She exclaimed. 

"Mom, what are you doing here?", Ben whined

"I'm a grandma!", She cheered. 

"Hey, ma.", Danny said. 

""Aah!", she pushed Danny out the way and moved to Emma.

"What is she doing her? Did you tell her?", Ben asked his brother. 

"I didn't even tell her I was here." 

Bonnie turned around, "Oh, I'll get to you.", she pointed to Danny. 

Bonnie turned back to Emma taking her form Tucker, "Oh, hi. She is just a big ol' pile of love." 

"I really don't think that's love you're smelling.", Tucker shook his head.

"Okay, who wants to explain to me why I had to hear that I was a grandma while I was getting my nails done? That Jennifer Perrin couldn't wait to let me have it. Ever since those fatpants and Edward Scissor-teeth daughters of hers got into law and med school she's just--"

Ben and Danny moved out of the way revealing a Sophia and Riley with their faces in a frown.

Bonnie immediately stopped talking and smiled, "Hi, Sophia. Riley."

Sophia and Riley just nodded. 

"I didn't see you there. Riley, you're so thin and Sophia you're head gear makes you less shiny that you should wear a bell."

Ben rubbed Sophia's arm mouthing a 'sorry'

She just chuckled. 

Bonnie noticed duct tape on her granddaughter's diapers.

"Is this duct tape?", She asked the young adults in the room. 

They all looked to Tucker. 

"We were having a closure issue.", He defended 

"Oh, what, you couldn't find a stapler? Honestly.", Bonnie said. 

"I can't sign those papers now. It's not gonna happen.", Ben told Danny. 

"Hey, don't worry about Mom. You gotta do what you think is right. I'll totally back you up." 

"What papers?", Bonnie asked from the couch. 

"You're on your own, bro.", Danny said backing away. 

Ben sighed and turned around walking towards his mother, "Mom... I have some news."

"Yeah you knocked up some girl because you couldn't figure out the basics of birth control. We're past that, honey, okay?"

"Mrs. Wheeler?", Sophia said standing next to Ben, "Bonnie.", she tried. 

"Really?", she frowned. 

"Mrs. Wheeler, ", she quickly corrected, "Emma's mom wants to put Emma up for adoption and for Ben to sign away his rights." 

"Really? So you're--  you're thinking about giving up this little girl?" 

Ben nodded, "Yeah, I was thinking about it."

Bonnie sighed then started laughing. "Oh, good."

Everyone's faces contorted into confusion. 

"Good-- what do you mean good?", Ben asked. 

"Oh, Ben, honey. You can't begin to understand the kind of sacrifice it takes to be a parent. When I married your father and I had you two, I had to put my dreams on hold."

"What dreams?", Ben asked. 

"Being single and childless.", Bonnie yelled. "Ben...Honey, I love you, but you can't raise this little girl. You haven't even finished raising yourself. You can't cook, your barely paying you bills...honey, I still buy your pants. "

Tucker looked to Ben his face turned in utter disgust. 

"This baby needs a grown-up. You gotta sign those papers."

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Sophia and Danny were back at the bar on one of the lounge couches. Riley had to go study for an upcoming exam while Sophia had a week until her classes started again. 

"Soph, to let you know, you liking Ben isn't anything new. I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood new. 

"What are you talking about? I was really good at hiding it."

"Yeah, from Ben."

"Oh, my god you are obsessed .", She exclaimed. "How long have you liked Riley.", she asked in a teasing tone. 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You can't keep things from me. I'm your best friend. I'm supposed to know these things."

"Since middle school."

"Awww. Don't worry you'll get her."

"Don't worry you'll get Ben too."

"I always figured  someday but back then I always thought my face was too messed up, or I was--"

"or you were too loud, or too hairy,", Danny interfered. 

"Okay, we're not making a list."

 "Well, you've grown to be a beautiful and successful woman-- I think you could totally get Ben Wheeler. Or move on, that works too" 

"Why would I want to move on?"

"Did you miss the part in the story about the baby?"

"The baby he doesn't want to give up?"

"If that's true, then why did he make the call to the adoption agency?"

"Because his entire family is telling him he can't do it. If nobody believes in him, how can he believe in himself?" 

"He can't do it alone.", Danny said. 

"You don't know that.", Sophia shook her head. 

Sophia's phone started to beep. 

"Oh, it's Ben. You mom's about to leave him alone with the baby."

"You're going?"

" "Alone" is in all caps."

Sophia pinched Danny's arm

"Ow! Ow! What was that for?"

"For making me talk about my feelings. You know I hate that. And go easy on your brother. He looks up to you. In his eyes you have everything."

"Well, not everything.", Danny said looking at the ground. 

"Don't worry you'll find someone special wether it's Riley or someone else."

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Sophia was  just stepping off of the elevator that led to Ben's apartment floor, when Danny ran down the stairs yelling, "Wait! Wait, wait wait!" He ran to the apartment door blocking it. 

"Oh, my god."

"You--you gotta give me a minute.", Danny said out of breath. "Maybe now I know why I was traded.", he said. 

He turned to Sophia, "You were right. I didn't believe in him. I didn't think he could do it."

"So why are you telling me?", Sophia asked her arms crossed. 

"Because... If you go in there and help him, he'll never believe in himself, either."

Sophia just smiled. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

"Sophia, Sophia, Sophia, please?",Ben pleaded over the phone to Sophia's voicemail, "She's hungry or thirsty, or tired. I don't know, I don't speak baby. "

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

The elevator dinged and from their spot on the stairs Sophia and Danny saw that it was Tucker. 

"Tuck.", Danny called. 

Tucker turned around and saw the two "What is going on? Vanessa and I were at the movies when Ben called and said Emma's having some kind of meltdown."

"I don't think Emma's the problem.", Sophia answered. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

"Tucker, I swear if you're not home in two seconds...I'm gonna eat all your food. Tucker!?!" Ben yelled into his phone. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Out in the hallway a phone started to ring. 

Tucker, Sophia and Dany rushed over to the source, all landing on top of each other in a dog pile.

(Imagine Riley is Sophia)

 ※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Inside the Apartment Ben heard a phone ringing in the hallway. 

The ringing was perfectly timed with he ringing on his phone while he was trying to reach Danny. 

Curious he went to the door peephole and looked threw it. 

The hallway was clear no one was in sight. 

Little did Ben know that Sophia, Danny and Tucker were sprawled against the hallway walls and apartment door. 

(Imagine Riley is Sophia)

Ben turned back around and faced Emma, who was in her carseat. 

"Okay. So it looks like it's just gonna be you and me, huh?" 

"Guess we're really doing this thing.", Ben said waking closer to the baby.

"Okay, Emma. Hi, baby. ",Ben bent down to pick her up, "It's okay, please don't break please don't break, please don't break."

"It's okay, Daddy's here it's okay.", Ben started towards the kitchen but not before hit stubbed his toe on the coffee table 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

(Imagine Riley is Sophia)

Out in the hall Sophia, Tucker and Danny were eating a pizza they ordered and wondering how Ben was doing. 

"I'm telling you, there is no way. Bodily functions make him queasy.", Tucker said. 

"He can do it. Where's your faith, man." Danny defended. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Ben was now wearing a pair of yellow safety goggles and yellow rubber gloves to change the baby. 

Using a piece of duct tape to close the diaper. 

Ben used a pair of tongs to throw away the old diaper disposing of the tongs afterwards. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

"Emma. Please eat.", Ben pleaded, trying to feed Emma a bottle with her refusing. 

"Come on, Emma. Look, look Emma it's good.", Ben said trying some of the milk. 

"His face turned into disgust, "Oh, total lie. It's actually quite disgusting. No wonder you don't want to eat. "

Ben decide to try again, "Please eat"

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

It had been 30 minutes and Emma was still not eating. 

"Come on. Emma. Just a sip, okay?", Ben put the bottle to her mother only for her to push it away. 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

1 hour 

"Okay come on, Emma you have to eat. I'm begging you."

Be was now frustrated, trying to think of ways to get her to eat. He subconsciously flipped the bottle. Causing a reaction from Emma. 

He did it again to make sure he wasn't imagining things. He looked at Emma to see her smiling. 

He flipped the bottle again, "What? You like that?" 

He started to doing more advance d tricks, "Look what Daddy can do. Huh? I do this at work every day.  You want some now. You wan some. Here it comes", Ben put the bottle to Emma's mouth and she started to finally drink the milk. 

"Oh, my god, you're eating. Thank you so much.", Ben chuckled, "Holy crap, now I'm crying. Crap. Don't say crap.", Ben laughed, " Oh, I can't believe you're eating."

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

It was now the morning and in the hallway Tucker, Sophia, and Riley were on top of each other asleep. 

(Imagine Riley is Sophia)

"Hey, wake up.", Danny whisper-shouted, "Dude, you're drooling on me.", Danny pushed Tucker off him. 

The three entered the apartment to se Ben making funny faces at Emma on the couch. 

"Hey.", he's said. 

"Hey. You okay?", Sophia asked. 

"Yeah. I think I want to do this. I can't let her go. I love her." 

All of them smiled at the beautiful scene. 

"Did you guys hear me?", Ben asked, expecting some kind of argument from his friends. 

"Yeah, we heard you.",Tucker answered. 

"You should probably call the agency it's almost 7:00.", Danny suggested. 

"Come on, mi amor.",Tucker said taking Emma from Ben, "Ooh, somebody could use a bath. Oh. You both could.",Tucker said looking at Ben. 

"I'm gonna get a bottle ready.", Danny told his brother."

"But I want to give it to her, okay?", Ben said. 

"Okay, we're really gonna have to have some kind of schedule though.",Tucker told his friends as they headed towards the kitchen. 

Sophia stood in the door way smiling at her work. She knew Ben could do it he just needed a push. 

With that she silently closed the door smiling. 

(Imagine Riley is Sophia...again.)

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Word Count: 2,258

THAT IS THE END OF THE PILOT 

God this took me all day to write 

Mainly bc I was procrastinating 

Don't murder me I'm sorry 

AND IF U DO MURDER ME U COULD AT LEAST

COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW

BEFOrE YoU dO

BYEEEeeeEEeEEEEEeeEEEe

-LILY💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.7K 33
Ben Wheeler, a twenty-something bachelor, suddenly becomes a father when his baby daughter Emma is left at his doorstep. With the help of his overbea...
1.4M 40.8K 49
Completed✔️ Disclaimer: I wrote this when I was 15 so it is a bit cliché, and many mistakes in the story:) All Brooklyn's life, she's been more of a...
25.4K 1.1K 52
Isis had the everything going for her. The Italian Mafia leader treated her like she was his very own granddaughter. His second in command was her fa...
2.8M 91.6K 66
**FREE STORY + paid bonus content** Can you fall in love with someone from the sound of their voice? No, that's silly... Eight years after losing her...