Colourless

By probablybelle

At the age of eighteen, everyone's blood changes colour. Whether it becomes blue, green or otherwise, the col... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue
Acknowledgments
I MADE A PREQUEL
THIS IS REALLY SPECIAL, GUYS!!
Q&A ??
UPDATE AND IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!
forgotten part... don't read
yep, another one...
look away while you still can.
alright, you asked for it...
thank you... ❤️

Chapter Twenty-Eight

37.2K 2K 427
By probablybelle

Almost a month later, and now it was only one more day...

One more day and we would be infiltrating the city, before facing the president himself.

I wasn't going to lie, I was scared. Practically quivering in my boots. But, the thought of the truth about all of us remaining as a state secret kept me putting one foot in front of the other.

"So, it insulates really well—" the woman explained, facing away as I zip up the long sleeved, athletic jumpsuit— "That means that if it's cold, you probably won't die."

The breath hitches in my throat, and I glance over my shoulder. "That's... comforting, thank you."

"Annie, I'll take it from here." Turning once more, I flash Malik a grateful smile as he politely excuses the woman. "Sorry about her, she can be a little... blunt."

Chuckling, I gesture for him to turn around. "I noticed." Peeling off the jumpsuit and changing back into my legs and oversized shirt, I tap Malik's shoulder. He turns, grinning and offering his arm. "Walk with me?" He asks, wiggling his brows suggestively as I loop my arm within his. Rolling my eyes, I shove him playfully.

"You know," I begin, blinking up at him hopefully, "You could always cook something for us to eat. You know... as a parting gift before battle?"

Malik scoffs, repeating my words beneath his breath with a chuckle. "Fine," he sighs dramatically, "But I have something for you."

"The last time a guy said that to me, I ended up in Ireland with a drag queen; wearing nothing but a—"

"I... I don't think I wanna know," Malik interjects, "You can tell me later. Preferably when I'm drunk so I can elect to forget the conversation."

"Fine," I huff, stopping and resting my hands on my waist, "What is it?" Reaching into his pocket, Malik pulls out a switchblade and flicks it open. "Absolutely not. Not again."

"Pearl," he laughs, tucking the blade away and placing it in my palm, "It's for you. I doubt — and hope — you won't need it, but you never know."

I grin proudly, wielding the weapon and prancing down the hall — acting like I was slashing at my invisible enemies. "I told you I'd get my own weapon eventually," I smirk over my shoulder as Malik watches and rolls his eyes, "I just didn't guess that you, Mr I-Don't-Trust-You-With-A-Weapon, would be the one to give it to me."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 21 13
(This is the continuation of the books "War or Love" and "Decide!", so I ask you to read the first two books first and then read this one, otherwise...
23 0 9
"A blood debt is only to be paid in blood." Violet is no ordinary woman with an ordinary life. She watched the people she cared about most pass in fr...
Run By -`prantikaˊ-

Science Fiction

43.9K 4K 40
Highest Ranks - #76 SF | 31/8/17 #146 ADV | 1/1/18 10K Reads | June 19th, 2018 ...
1.6M 83.7K 47
"You no tell this girl that I said, I want no relations with a darkie?" She spat to me, making my eyes go wide. What? I thought to myself and Gio tr...