Limitless Resolve

By Conor117

Ash and Serena have feelings for one another but neither are aware of what the other feels. They are both lef... More

A Bad Day
A Bad Day Part 2
Partner to Partner
At A Loss
Lost In The Forest Of Thoughts
Authors Note: Overwhelmed
Picking Up The Pieces
Mark of Resolve

Mistakes Were Made

1.3K 37 13
By Conor117

Hello everyone. I will start by saying...wow. My first story Petal Dance has surpassed 300 reads and is going into 340s now. And this story has surpassed 100. So I guess all I can say is thank you for the support, I started writing these stories to see if I could compare to some of the real pros of amourshipping and because I was inspired by the incredible thought put into some of these stories but the reaction has been incredible. Thanks to everyone who has read my stories and please be sure to vote and comment on this as well. Please enjoy this chapter. :)

Third Person POV

After an emotional bout, both Serena and Ash were feeling more than low. Serena is heartbroken and barely able to contain her crushed spirit, she had never felt this before with Ash. Ash also felt like a guilt train had been rattling down the tracks and he was thrown before it. Arceus himself would probably feel sorrow for the devastated duo.

Ash's POV

I haven't left this spot, I was still sat in the training field with Braixen trying her best to bring me back from the void that had infested my heart, an empty dark space where 'she' was moments before. I had been holding back tears for too long. Now she probably hates me and who can blame her. I said I didn't care about her and I was too afraid to tell her how I felt. Her words echoed through my mind each repeat burying me deeper in my pit of sorrow..." You only care about one thing" "Jerk". I almost wanted to take my anger out on Braixen and Pikachu for pushing me overboard, but that wouldn't solve anything.

I hope she is ok and I really hope Pikachu will be able to convince her or at least cheer her up a bit. "Braixen Brai?" Braixen queried trying her best to console me. I looked up at her face which was shining with a fiery yet sympathetic smile. I formed a smile back though judging from her face it wasn't very convincing. "I'm sorry Braixen, I do appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I just care about Serena so much. Now she probably hates my guts. I really screwed up. She's better off without me." She immediately squeaked at me shaking her head in disagreement. "Braix Braixen." She exclaimed. "You think everything will be ok between us?" I asked with a slightly hopeful look. "Braixen." She nodded. "I hope your right, it killed me seeing her face like that, even more so knowing it was my fault. I'm sorry Serena, please forgive me."

Serena's POV

I was seated back in the Pokemon Center, right where I woke up this morning. I wasn't expecting things to take such a horrible turn from this morning. Pikachu was stood next to me on the table. My eyes still stung red from the flow of tears that I let loose. I have never felt like this around Ash. I still love him with all of my heart but those words, those mind numbing, infectious words still plagued my mind. "No I don't care about her!." I wish that I had heard him wrong but it could not have been clearer. Pikachu began to nuzzle my arm. "Pikachu Pi?" He asked with a clearly concerned tone. "I'm fine Pikachu." I clearly wasn't and I did not have the strength to muster a smile. My heart could not produce a hint of positive emotion and how could it when it was ripped from my chest and stamped on.

Pikachu began protesting about my attitude. I began to wonder why my state has him so worked up. "Pikachu, what is the matter, its not that I don't appreciate you trying to cheer me up but-" "Pika Pika Pikachu!!" He almost shouted. I was slightly shocked by the sudden outburst. Was he trying to tell me something. "Is this about Ash?" He nodded hopefully. "I don't really want to talk about him right now..." He continued to protest until I had a general idea of what he may have been saying. "So you think he does like me in some way? There was just a misunderstanding?" He once again nodded. Suddenly, a flicker of hope hovered over me. It was like a candle being the sole source of light in a pitch black room. My light was Ash and he had always been there to help against the dark. "Pikachu do you think everything would be alright with us?" "Pikachu." He nodded in agreement. "Lets hope your right, I feel kind of guilty about what I said to Ash but still, hearing that hurt me alot." I wasn't 100% sure on this, I felt guilt but also great sadness. I need time to think. "I think I'm gonna go for a walk, I could use the company if you want to join me Pikachu?" He jumped into my arms and I carried him out of the Pokemon Center. "I'm sorry Ash..."

Ash's POV (About 20 minutes later)

"I need to go find Serena and properly apologise for what I said." I thought to myself. I made my way with Braixen to the Pokemon Center. I assumed she wouldn't just up and leave completely without her partner Pokemon. Although both me and Braixen were shocked because when we went back inside, Serena was no where to be found. I began to grow concerned, she would not just leave would she? "Aggghhhhhhhh!!!" My thoughts were abruptly stopped when a shrill scream erupted outside. The voice was unmistakable. "Serena!!" I called out sprinting out of the entrance, Braixen following at a manageable pace.

Serena's POV (Minutes before)

I walked out of the Pokemon Center with Pikachu content in my arms. I needed to clear my head. I was sure to hold Pikachu from below his arms so I don't put pressure on his injured one. We walked through a short passage of trees into a nice clearing with low grass and several boulders. There were a few Pokemon gathered in the area who quickly scattered into the surrounding brush as we entered.

I sat down on one of the rocks, Pikachu jumped out of my arms onto the rock parallel to mine. He looked at me with an inquisitive expression. I sighed. "I don't know what to do." Pikachu continued to watch me. "You know I was actually gonna confess to him back there." Pikachu's eyes widened and he squeaked happily. He then began making heart symbols with his tiny fingers. I began to blush slightly. "Don't say anything to him, besides he clearly doesn't feel the same." Pikachu began to shake his head. I looked at him for a second before considering the tiny possibility.

"You don't mean he actua-" Suddenly, Pikachu was lifted up by a mechanical arm with great speed. He flew up and ended up next to an all to familiar trio. They only managed to get halfway through their annoying motto before Pikachu was releasing thunderbolts to try and get free. It was no use and they laughed at his wasted effort. "Team Rocket, let Pikachu go, can't you see he is hurt?!" I shouted out in anger. "Quiet down twerpette, your hardly in any position to make demands." Replied the long pink haired Jessie. Then Inkay and Gourgeist were released behind me. I reached for my waist to retrieve Braixen's pokeball but then I remembered I left her with Ash and Pancham and Sylveon were still in my bag. So I did the only thing I thought would be useful in such a dire situation... I screamed as loud as my lungs would allow.

Ash's POV (Present)

I continued my effortless sprint to the origin point of Serena's scream. Braixen managing to keep up began to call out like me. "SERENA?" "BRAIXEN?" Our voices echoed out. We came to a small passage through a natural green brush. We slowed our pace into a clearing and I stopped in my tracks at the sight before me. Serena was bound and being held by Team Rocket with Pikachu in one of their containment units. "Ash!" "Pika!" Serena and Pikachu cried in relief. My concern grew ever higher. "Team Rocket let my friends go!" I yelled. "Not a chance twerp." Meowth said. "Okay Inkay" "Lets go Gourgeist" Jessie and James said in unison. I reached for my belt and sent out Greninja. "Ninja." He uttered before landing before me as the white summoning light dissipated around him. "Don't try anything stupid, we still have your little girlfriend here remember?" Jessie said with a hint of malice in her evil voice.

Both me and Serena blushed at this, our gazes met and the seriousness in both our eyes said this was not the time. All of a sudden Inkay and Gourgeist attacked with psybeam and dark pulse. "Dodge it Greninja and counter with water shuriken." Greninja easily evaded the two attacks with a quick and momentous jump upwards. He then whipped his sides forming two sharp aquatic ninja stars and then launching them at their respective targets. A successful hit which left them reeling. "Gourgeist leech seed." Jessie ordered. "Greninja use cut and knock those seeds out of the air." I yelled in response. Greninja expertly devastated all of the projectile seeds with very little effort. " Now finish up with water pulse." Energy built up between his amphibious appendages as the ball of water was launched at the two Pokemon who screamed as an explosion occurred. Both Pokemon were knocked out.

Serena saw a chance and struggled at Jessie's grasp. "Let me go." She yelled. Annoying little twerpette keep your mouth shut." Jessie slapped Serena across the face sending her hurtling to the ground. She cracked off the floor and yelled in pain. I felt something in me snap at the sight of this as I gave a glare more terrifying then the one Serena gave Wulfric at the gym. Jessie reeled slightly but chuckled. Braixen called out in concern and attempted to make her way over to Serena. Meowth immediately attacked her with fury swipes causing her to fall to the ground in pain and her crutch falling to the side. Greninja looked in her direction and I immediately felt the rage build up in him. He called out a shout at Team Rocket. That connection was flaring again. He got a similar look to me and looked back. We both nodded. The connection reached its peak as we became in sync. The connection took its form around Greninja. Water began swirling around him in a rushed torrent of violent energy. His appearance changed to match my own. We were one. We were Ash-Greninja.

Team Rocket looked at us in utter fear. "The twerps Greninja evolved?"The three said in unison. I smirked and I could feel Greninja do the same. "Greninja, use water pulse, make them pay for hurting Serena and Braixen." I yelled. Greninja shot forward directly towards Meowth at incalculable speed. He smashed directly into him with the ball of of torrential energy sending him sailing into James who both flew into the basket of their balloon. Greninja began helping up Braixen who was only suffered minor injuries. He retained his form but the torrent had dissipated. I looked away from them and was shocked again when Jessie pulled Serena onto the balloon with Pikachu. "Serena no!" I yelled running towards them. I was too late as the balloon was too high for me to reach. Braixen and Greninja released flamethrower and water pulse into the inflated weak spot. The balloon flew down behind the trees probably about a mile away. Tho entire area was forest. "Greninja, Braixen lets go we need to find Serena and Pikachu." They nodded and we ran into the wilderness into the direction of the crash. "I'm coming Serena." I said in a quiet determined tone.

Serena's POV

I landed in the twisted branches of an oran berry tree. "I hate Team Rocket, thank Arceus I survived that fall." I thought as I made my way down the tree. I brushed myself off at the bottom and then felt the stinging pain of the slap I received earlier. "I REALLY hate Team Rocket." I said out loud. "Pika Pi." I heard as a response behind me. There was Pikachu relatively unharmed in the containment unit. He landed on his side. He must have smashed on a hard surface because there was a vulnerable crack on the side of the device. "Hang on Pikachu, lets get you out of there." He simply nodded. I looked around for something to help break the device. I picked up a small stone and walked back to Pikachu. I gave him a reassuring smile. He closed his eyes. Ok. 'THWACK' a resounding noise was let off but it seemed to have no effect. I thought for a second. "Pikachu try to use iron tail on the same spot as me." I stated. "Pika." "Three, two, one... Now!" I yelled in a determined voice. We repeatedly attacked the vulnerability and after several attempts, we busted it open. "Alright!" I celebrated as Pikachu jumped into my arms hugging me in thanks. "Pika Pi." "No prob, now lets try to find Ash and get out of this forest. We made our way through the brush away from our crash site. "Please find us Ash"

Well this was a fun chapter to write. I hope you guys enjoy it as it was the biggest one in this story so far. Team Rocket are now out of the picture but the danger isn't gone yet. Please comment your opinions and vote on this chapter and stay tuned for the next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 50 6
An Amourshipping Fanfic Join Ash and Serena on an adventure through the Unova Region with some new and old faces along the way. Note: Pokémon is owne...
4.5K 155 6
A collection of heartfelt moments, tender exchanges, and breathtaking adventures of our Amour couple. Join them as they journey through the enchantin...
67.7K 978 13
What if... two best friends... stuck in each other's body Ash and Serena have been best friends since childhood. They sure that they know each other'...
490K 9.2K 35
Serena Yvonne is just a normal, average girl attending Silverleaf High School. With best friends, enemies, drama and boys, Serena is pretty much livi...