Sakura's twin sister Chiharu...

By xxbyunhyun

Chiharu Haruno is Sakura's twin sister. Everyone thought that she was just another normal genin about to end... More

Character profile
Ch. 1 - Enter: Chiharu Haruno
Ch. 2 - Wird team with weird members
Ch. 3 - Kurenai's test: Student vs. sensei
Ch. 4 - A C-ranked mission for team Kurenai
Ch. 5 - The team from Kumogakure
Ch. 6 - Hin Senri A.K.A. crazy kidnapper of villagers
Ch. 7 - My ninja way
Ch. 8 - Training for team Kurenai
Ch. 9 - A flower picking adventure gone wrong
Ch. 10 - We never leave our comrades
Ch. 11 - New friends from the Sand
Ch. 12 - The start of the Chunin exams
Ch. 13 - Ibiki's test: Cheating not allowed!
Ch. 14 - The Forest of Death
Ch. 15 - Team Madoka and Chi vs. Sound team
Ch. 16 - Pinky promise
Ch. 17 - Memories: The girl with pink hair and the Hana
Ch. 18 - Preliminary matches
Ch. 19 - Chiharu's fight: Everything for victory!
Ch. 20 - Monsters, senseis and goodbyes
Ch. 21 - Dear insanity
Ch. 22 - My new scary sensei Takeshi
Ch. 23 - Fight with a giant fire spewing dragon
Ch. 24 - Summoning complexes and Takeshi's spy
Ch. 25 - Fight with Deidara and Sasori
Ch. 26 - Birthday, last mission and returning
Ch. 28 - Mei's last fight, the funeral and an offer
Ch. 29 - Love problems and the Akatsuki in Konoha
Ch. 30 - A new beginning

Ch. 27 - '' Loosing was never even an option ''

8.7K 397 40
By xxbyunhyun

'' So, who am I fighting? '' I asked, looking around. I was still standing next to Gaara and Sasuke that were just staring at me with shock while the audience slowly began clapping. I stared at the proctor, a smile on my face. '' Tell me! I'm getting excited about this! '' I said, raising my fists in the air.  

The proctor blinked and then quickly nodded. '' You're just in time for your fight against Kaito Akewi that's waiting in the other arena. ''  

My eyes instantly widened with shock when I heard the name. I instantly remembered Kaito and who he was. I was actually going to have to fight a guy that actually worked for Orochimaru and was here to kidnap me and had some weird waterbending powers...? Well that was a way to lower your confidence.  

I stared at the audience where Takeshi just turned away from Kurenai and facepalmed, probably already thinking that I was going to loose. I told him everything about the Sound team made of Kaito, Sumiko and Mei. The second I mentioned Orochimaru's name he said that it was a miracle that I was actually still alive because those three were surely at least Chunin ranked. Meaby even Jonin.  

I looked away from Takeshi and slowly clenched my fist. No, I wasn't going to give up already. Not after all the hard work in the previous weeks with Takeshi. Maybe Kaito was strong but I also became stronger.  

I waved at Takeshi. '' Don't worry, Take-sensei! '' I yelled. '' I'll do everything I can do beat him! I'll use that crazy technique you taught me! ''  

Everyone turned at Takeshi and I noticed how his eye slowly began twitching with annoyance. Then he already leaned over the fence and began yelling at me: '' YOU STUPID BRAT! YOU JUST REVEALED TO EVERYONE THAT YOU HAVE A NEW POWERFUL TECHNIQUE! ''  

I flinched and then grinned. '' Oops! '' After that I looked at Gaara and Sasuke, smiling. '' You know I can't pick a favourite between you two because I care about both of you and that's why I'm going to say just 'good luck'! ''  

They were still just staring at me while I ran away in the direction of the tribunes. I ignored Takeshi that was just in the middle of an argument with Kurenai and waved to my friends that were a few meters away from them, smiling. '' Hey, guys! I wish I could talk but I'm kind of in the middle of something! ''  

'' Chiharu! You can do it! '' Sakura yelled, her green eyes sparkling. '' I can see that you became stronger! ''  

I nodded and raised my fist in her direction. '' I'll win for you, sister! '' Then I noticed Hinata and Kiba next to her and my grin even widened. '' Well, for you two too! Okay, let's just say that I'll dedicate my victory to all my friends! '' With that I already disappeared in the passageway that leaded to the other arena.  

Kaito was already waiting in the middle. His arms were crossed and he was carefully looking around with narrowed dark blue eyes. He looked just as I remembered. Tall and slim, with ruffled black hair, wearing black shorts and a black shirt. His Sound headband was wrapped around his neck.  

I jogged to the ninja that was standing next to Kaito. There was a smile on my face, even if after seeing my opponent I got a little nervous. '' I'm here! I'm here! It's not like I could actually miss my fight! ''  

Kaito's dark blue eyes moved to me and narrowed even more. '' It would be a real disappointment if you would. ''  

'' Yup! '' I chirped, stopping a few meters away from him. '' Can we start now? '' I asked, staring at the ninja that was supposed to announce the fight.  

He nodded and explained some other rules. Then he moved away from the fighting arena. I cracked my knuckles and took a deep breath, concentrating. Kaito was calmly standing a few meters away from me. He seemed bored and serious as always, but I could see that he was also focusing his chakra.  

A wave of wind blew, rising my pink hair that was in two ponytails in the air. That was when I heard the ninja yell: '' Begin! ''  

I instantly pulled the two fans from my back pocket, opened them and ran in the direction of Kaito. He raised his hand and formed a handseal. I knew what he was doing. He was able to bend the water by concentrating his chakra in it.  

I quickly dodged a wave of water that came from one direction, jumped in the air and threw one of my fans at him. To my disappointment he easily blocked it. He formed two other handseals and a giant wall of water suddenly rose from the ground. My eyes slightly widened and I landed on the ground again, looking at it.  

'' I have a bad feeling about this, '' I murmured to myself. And I was right. Because the wall of water formed in to a huge bubble thing on top of Kaito. Of course, he controlled it to fall right on me. I screamed with surprise, the next second the impact already threw me back. Then I got swallowed by waves, a second later I was already floating under water.  

Great, just great. He just had to turn the arena in to some kind of lake.  

I quickly focused my chakra and formed two handseals. The crowd that was watching the fight gasped with shock when I suddenly flew out of the water, holding to the stem of a giant rose. I took a deep breath and then stared down at Kaito that was calmly standing on water and looking at me with narrowed eyes.  

'' You thought that a simple technique like that was going to beat me?! Dude, I fought with S-ranked criminals while you were gone! '' I yelled, pointing at him. My mind warned me that Deidara almost killed me with one of his explosions but I just ignored that. '' You're never going to beat me, because I'm going to become as strong as a legendary Sannin! I'm Chiharu Haruno, yeah! ''  

Kaito suddenly began running on water in my direction. I jumped from the stem, holding my fan in the air. I had no idea where the other one ended up so I guessed that I was just going to use one. I spun in the air, swung my fan and yelled: '' Wind release! '' A wave of wind flew in Kaito's direction but he just raised his hand, forming a handseal again. A wave of water rose from the arena that now became a lake and quickly blocked it.  

I frowned and focused my chakra in my feet so I easily landed. I was staring at Kaito that was running closer and thinking about what should I do.  

'' Don't just stand there, do something! '' Kiba suddenly yelled from the audience.  

I turned at him and began waving with my hands through the air with anger. '' I'm thinking you idiot! You're the one that's distracting me from the f- '' I stopped when a wave of water suddenly hit my face, making me scream with pain and stagger back for a few steps back. I collapsed on my knees and coughed out some blood.  

Thanks a lot, Kiba. You're really a great friend. He was the one that distracted me from the fight. And now my nose was broken again. 

For the third time in the past few months. Hin Senri was the one that broke it for the first time. Then Takeshi for the second time when he was trying to train me and make my taijutsu skills better. '' You just had to aim for my nose?! '' I cried, holding it. Like this wasn't even a fight where we were supposed to do everything that it was possible to win.  

That was when the water around me started to move.  

'' Water lock, '' I heard Kaito murmur.  

The next second I was already trapped in a bubble of water. '' Crap, '' I cursed. Well, I tried to curse. The only thing that came out of my mouth were bubbles and now I was already running out of air. Perfect. And what did Kaito say about the Water lock once?  

'' My Water lock can't be broken, '' he spoke up.  

Oh. That.  

Suddenly my eyes widened when I felt how the water pressure got stronger. I wasn't sure how he did it but suddenly different wounds began appearing on my body. The water bubble slowly began turning red because of my blood.  

I held back a scream when another wound appeared on my body. This wasn't going well. At this rate I'll loose. Well, maybe just die, considering that I was already feeling pretty dizzy because of the blood loss. But was this really how I was going to end this? I mean, didn't I always say how I was Chiharu Haruno and I was going to become as strong as a legendary Sannin. 

'' You're weak, '' Katio suddenly spoke up, making me raise my head and look at him through the water. He was staring at me with a serious expression on his face. '' I have no idea why everyone cares so much about you. The truth is that you're even weaker than Mei said you were. It took me just two minutes to beat you. ''  

Suddenly my eyes stopped on something pretty close to Kaito and a grin appeared on my face. It wasn't the best idea but it was also the only one that I had. That was why I had to do it.  

I slowly began concentrating and moving one of my arms. Then I managed to form a handseal. Kaito stared at me in confusion while my grin just widened. Then I murmured: '' Beautiful destruction. ''  

Considering that it worked on a dragon I was pretty sure it'll do something good now. 

The giant flower that I made earlier to help me rise from the water suddenly exploded in amazing red and pink colours. The impact threw Kaito away and it also destroyed the water bubble I was in. I hit the edges of the fighting arena with my back and then collapsed on my knees again. It worked. Maybe I did get a little hurt in the process but at least the Water lock was gone.  

I took a deep breath and slowly stood up, trying not to think to much about the wounds on my body and how they hurt like hell. Drops of blood were falling from all the sides of my body and in the water I was standing on. I was looking around and trying to see where Kaito was.  

That was when he ran from somewhere and began approaching. My eyes slightly widened with surprise. Okay, I needed another good idea, but of course I didn't have it. My brain always decided to fail me in important situations like that.  

I shrieked when another wave of water threw me back. I staggered for a few steps, then I quickly caught balance again and stared at Kaito. '' Okay, that's enough, '' I murmured, pulled the fan from my back pocket, opened it and ran in his direction.  

'' Violent wind palm! '' I yelled, focused Wind chakra in the sharp edges of my fan and swung it through the air. Kaito quickly slid back on the water, dodging the attack. Then he tried to kick me but I did a backflip, moving away from him. '' I'm slowly getting tired of this. ''  

'' Maybe you're not as weak as I thought... But still weaker than me, '' Kaito murmured and raised his fist in the air.  

I concentrated chakra in mine and did the same thing. '' We'll see about that! '' I yelled.  

That was when our fists hit each other. I was pretty sure that I heard the bones in Kaito's finger cracking but it wasn't like I was doing any better. I whimpered in pain and took a few steps back, looking at my fist. Two of my fingers were facing a strange direction while the third one was twitching. My whole hand hurt and I wasn't even able to move it anymore. '' Okay, maybe this was a bad idea... ''  

'' I don't need both of my hands, '' Kaito simply said, raised his other one and formed a handseal. Suddenly I noticed how the water around him began moving and raising in the air. Kaito narrowed his eyes at me. '' Water dragon. ''  

'' Shit, '' I murmured at the sight of the giant dragon that appeared behind me. I heard about this technique and it was supposed to be pretty strong. And if it would hit me... Well, I didn't even want to know what would happen then. I took a deep breath and concentrated chakra in my fan. '' Fan technique: Expansion! ''  

When I opened the fan again it instantly got bigger, reaching the size of Temari's. I kept it in front of me, hoping that it would be enough to stop the technique. It looked like it wasn't because the send the water hit the fan I instantly got thrown back. I hit the wall on the edges of the arena again and yelled in pain.  

I somehow managed to keep myself from collapsing on the ground and slowly pulled out the fan that got sticked in to the wall next to me. Then I looked at Katio that began approaching again. I was breathing heavily, my body was completely covered with blood and I was running out of chakra. It didn't look very good for me but I wasn't going to give up. Not until I was still standing and breathing. I'll never give up. It would be pointless to, no matter how much did it hurt right now. All those weeks of training with Takeshi, everything that I did... It would just be a waste of time.  

'' You're always saying how you're the best ninja, '' Kaito said, still walking closer. '' How you're going to become as strong as a legendary Sannin. '' Now he stopped in front of me and grabbed my neck. My eyes widened and I began gasping for air when he raised me from the ground. '' You know, at first I believed you... But now... How do you think that you'll do it if you can't even beat me? ''  

That was when he punched me for the first time. My eyes widened and blood instantly splashed from my mouth.  

'' How? '' Kaito emotionlessly repeated and punched me again.  

I whimpered in pain and lowered my head.  

He kept punching me and talking. '' You're just a normal ninja. A weak little genin. You'll never be strong enough. You'll never achieve your dream. ''  

My eyes slightly widened when he punched me another time. Then my bloodied lips slowly began lifting in to a smile. '' You see, that's where you're wrong... '' I murmured, my voice was quiet and raspy.  

Kaito just stopped punching me and looked at me with a hint of confusion in his eyes. '' You can't even stand up. ''  

'' I'm not beaten yet... '' I whispered. '' Maybe I'm not strong enough yet... But I can always become stronger. I can always keep trying. The important thing is to never give up... And I think that we all know that I'm to stupid to ever understand when's the time to give up.... That's why... '' I slowly raised my head, smiling at Kaito. '' I never give up. Never. ''  

That was when flowers suddenly rose from the water on my left side, bringing the fan that I dropped earlier with them. I quickly grabbed it, focusing my chakra in it. '' Violent wind palm! '' The next second I already sticked it in Kaito's stomach. 

He screamed with surprise and staggered for a few steps back, dropping me on the ground. I quickly kept myself from falling and stared at Kaito that was looking down at his stomach, covered with blood. Suddenly he raised his head again, his eyes were wide. '' How... How did you...? ''  

'' You see... I can live with the pain until I have something to fight for. The truth is that everyone is going to hurt you... You just have to find the ones worth suffering for, '' I said, staring at him with a serious expression on my face.  

I heard how the crowd behind me began gasping with shock and murmuring stuff to each other, while Kaito's eyes just widened even more. I wasn't sure if he understood. If he had friends and a family to fight for.  

'' I have a purpose. That's why I'll never stop fighting. Loosing was never even an option, '' I continued and looked down at my hands. One of them was covered with blood while the other one had two broken fingers and one of them twitching. I slowly clenched them in to fists, flinching at the pain. '' And it'll always make me strong. ''  

Then I slowly began forming handseals. At first nothing happened, but the second I concentrated more of my chakra in the technique wind began blowing harder. Kaito looked around with surprise and then slowly pulled my fan from his stomach. '' W-What is this? '' he asked, throwing my fan away and looking back at me.  

I narrowed my eyes. '' It's my new strong jutsu. ''  

The wind began forming next to me in what looked first like a tornado. But then at the end the shape changed in to something else. '' Wind dragon! '' I yelled. 

The crowd that was watching the fight began screaming and gasping with shock. I knew that they had no idea how a little genin was able to learn a powerful technique like that. The truth was that it was complete torture. Takeshi made me practice it every day, until I ran completely out of chakra and either fainted or just collapsed on the ground. Then the next morning it started again, no matter how tired I was. I was happy when I managed to learn it after a week.  

The dragon made of wind roared, did a circle in the sky and then began flying down to Kaito. It was my most powerful jutsu and there was no way he could escape from it. It seemed that Kaito already knew that because he just stared at the dragon and then looked at me. '' I wish... I wish I could've been as strong as you. ''  

Then the dragon hit him.  

The wind raised some waves of water in the air. I created another giant flower to hold me so I wouldn't get swallowed by them. Once the water calmed down again it slowly began disappearing in to the ground again. A few seconds later it was completely gone and everyone was staring at Kaito with shock, laying in the middle of a small crater in the ground.  

'' Maybe I overdid it... '' I thoughtfully murmured.  

I made the flower I was holding to lower to the ground again. I did a few staggery steps to Kaito. Did I actually...  

'' And the winner is Chiharu Haruno! ''  

My eyes slightly widened with surprise. I actually managed to win... The crowd around me began cheering and I looked at them in amazement. Then I turned back at Kaito that was still completely numb. He was... I almost couldn't believe it how afraid of him I was. Now he was jut another obstacle on my way that I managed to beat.  

I walked to my fans that were laying on the ground, picked them up and stuffed them in the back pocket of my dress. My whole body still hurt from the fight and I was completely covered with blood but in a moment like that I couldn't help it but to feel happy. Then I took a deep breath and waved at the crowds, grinning. '' I'm Chiharu Haruno and I'm going to be the next legendary Sannin! ''  

I was a step closer to reaching my dreams.  

That was when everything started to go wrong.  

First I heard screaming. I looked around with surprised, just like the crowds of people. My eyes widened with surprise when I noticed who was approaching, Sound and Sand ninjas. When I saw a snake and felt how someone was trying to do a sleeping jutsu I instantly realised that there was something terrible going on.  

I quickly did some handseals. '' Flower petal escape! ''  

Whatever was going on, I wanted to help here at the arena where was a lot of people that could be in danger but I didn't want to fall under the sleeping jutsu.  

My body slowly turned in to cherry blossoms and different flowers. I reappeared on top of a roof of Konoha. When I noticed what was going on in the village my eyes widened with shock.There were battles breaking out everywhere. Sound and Sand ninjas were fighting against the Leaf ninjas.  

Sound and Sand ninjas...  

Gaara. Was that the only reason he was here? To be a part of the invasion of Konoha? Carrying one of the tailed beasts inside him was probably making him a powerful weapon... And I thought... Was this the reason he sometimes behaved so strange round me? Because he was hiding this from me?  

And Temari and Kankuro... I thought we were all friends.  

Images of me and Temari, she eating diet ramen and me pork ramen began flashing in front of my eyes. How we talked about how ninjas with fans were the coolest ones. The laughs that we shared together.  

Then there was Kankuro. How he always seemed happy that I was actually interested in puppets and I was always asking me if he could show me his. How he smirked and said that his fighting puppets weren't just for display.  

And Gaara. I promised him that I'll never leave him, that I'll be his friend, even if everyone was afraid of him and said that he was a monster. He seemed happy about that but was all of this a lie? Was the funny feeling that I got when I was around him a lie? Gaara that was the only one that was actually able to make me feel that way? Even if I didn't know what that was, it was... something special.  

I felt how tears began gathering in my eyes and I slowly buried my face in my hands. Everything that I thought was real was a lie. Everything...  

Something inside me slowly began cracking. It was almost to the point where it would get completely destroyed in to pieces. But then someone stopped that.  

At the same second three things happened. First I felt two chakras on one side of the roof I was on. Then one of the persons threw a kunai. But then a third one appeared in front of me and cought it, murmuring: '' Attacking someone from behind... Are you afraid of a fair fight? Because she would beat you? ''  

I looked through my fingers that were covering my face with surprise. '' Tsubaki? ''  

Kotori's creepy teammate smirked and pushed her glasses higher on her nose. '' Congratulations on your victory, Chi. It was quite an interesting performance. It seems like you really did get stronger in the last month. Now's the time to show that again. ''  

I slowly turned around. My eyes instantly met first Sumiko's dark ones and then Mei's blue ones. 

Tsubaki that was standing next to me cracked her knuckles. '' Meaybe I didn't pass the second part of the exams but I was still training in the past month... And I still have a thing to finish with Sumiko... So I'll take her and you'll take Mei. You can still fight, right? ''  

I was kind of running out chakra, my whole body hurt and was covered with wounds, I felt like I was going to collapse on the ground any second but... No matter how much in pain I was I wasn't going to back away from this fight. I wanted to everything that I could to help Konoha fight the invasion. And Mei was one of the enemies, just like Sumiko. I still remembered how they attacked me, my team and Ren's team in The forest of Death. Kaito was gone now but they were still here.  

I looked down at my fists, covered with blood, cuts and wounds. But I could still clearly see the burned lines on them, caused by Mei's Fire sealing technique.  

Then I raised my head again and a grin appeared on my face. For a few seconds I was just standing there next to Tsubaki and both of us were staring at Mei and Sumiko that were on the other side of the roof. The wind blew again, making the whole thing look even more scary as it already was, together with the screaming from the village and the sounds of other fights. 

Tsubaki pushed her glasses higher on her nose and they shined in a creepy way while my bloodied lips spread in an even wider grin. Yes, we were a creepy and really pink pair. But that was what made it interesting. My pink eyes sparkled. '' It's not the best idea but... I'm in. Let's do this. ''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 115 40
"Who are you I thought I had 3 students?" "Sensei meet my sister Uzumaki Naru" Naru is the forgotten twin. As Naruto was the loud crazy type while s...
181K 7.5K 32
Almost three years passed since Chiharu Haruno, Sakura's twin sister left Konoha. She was training and going on missions together with her sensei Tak...
97.9K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...
732K 27K 37
"You know, the thing about failure is that it only makes me want to try harder." . . Minato and Kushina survived the Kyuubi...