Never Be Alone

By HazarIssa

Running away wasn't easy especially because it meant I had to leave everything behind, everything I've known... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 25

3.3K 73 3
By HazarIssa

After relaxing for an hour in the garden just enjoying the beautiful weather, Mason walked me to my room and not ten minutes later there's was a knock at the door.
I opened it to find Mary.

"Hello darling"

"Mary" I bowed down

"You honestly don't have to do this when we're in the castle in private." She said

"Thank you"

"It's no problem, now before I forget I presume Mason has told you about tonight?"

"Yes he has."

"That's good, I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Anyways, I'm here to escort you to my room because I asked them to set up there. I hope you don't mind but I thought that maybe this way it won't be to much. And you would've have me there with you."

"Thank you that's very nice of you."

"Let's go then, would you need anything to be brought up to my room?"

"I'm not sure I understand?"

"Are you hungry? Would you like me to ask them to make you something?"

"No thank you."

"Okay, one last thing before we head up. These two lovely girls will be your ladies in waiting (I made that up I forgot what you actually call them) and think it them as your assistants anything you need just call them. I do recommend you befriend them. Makes life in the castle easier."

"Thank you"

"Stop thanking me you honestly have nothing to thank me for. Now let's go we have to choose our dresses so the rest will be sent out."

We walked through out hallways and I got to know my ladies in waiting.
They are surprisingly similar to myself and I can tell I'll be having lots of fun with them.

We walked into a room that's was probably the size of my house.
There was a team of people buzzing around some with clothes others with shoes and things.

When they finally noticed we walked in they all stopped and bowed to the queen.
When that was done with, Mary walked towards the two chairs that were centred in the middle of the room.
She gestured for me to sit on the chair beside her.

"We shall start with the queens dress first" a lady behind us said then clapped her hands

There were three racks of dresses and the queen look through all of them.
She pointed at two dresses and the racks were taken away.

I asked if I could go shower quickly before they can start on my hair and make up.
And she didn't mind.
I did just that and quickly showered and changed into button up shirt so I could easily remove it when they finished with my hair, and shorts.

I walked back to the room and they started working on my hair and makeup.

(One hour later)

They brought over the dresses, the queens was a dark blue dress and mine was baby blue.

They made sure my hair and make up was perfect before they all walked out.
I did a little spin for Mary and she said she loved it.

There was a knock on the door and she said she would open it.
I nodded and walked towards the mirror.
I couldn't help myself, I don't think I've ever looked like this.

"Wow" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around to see Mason in a black tux with a tie that matches my dress.

"You look gorgeous"

"Thank you" I couldn't help myself but blush

"You don't look to bad yourself" I added

"Thank you, shall we go m'lady"

"We shall good sir" he out stretched his arm and I looped my hand though his we walked out the room and into the hall.
There was a lady with a tray that had masks on them.
Mason tied his and he handed me mine.

It was a blue mask with feathers and I could hold it with a stick. It really was a beautiful mask.

We slowly walked towards where the ball was headed.

When we were almost there I couldn't help myself but stop.
Mason looked at me and held my hand tighter.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes, yes everything is fine. I just need a second to get this all in."

We started walking again and suddenly you can hear a man call Mason and my name.

"Prince Edward accompanying lady Sophia"

And then the doors opened and everyone and I mean everyone stopped what there doing and looked at us.

We slowly walked down the stairs. And I probably turned Masons hand blue from how tight I was holding it. I was afraid I would trip and fall down the stairs and ruin this beautiful dress or worse embarrass Mason and his family.

When we got downstairs people slowly pulled apart to form a runway of sort.
Mason started walking again and I followed as we walked people bowed slightly.

When we reached his mother she kissed his cheek and looked at me a way I haven't seen in such a long time.

She hugged me whispering I looked beautiful.
She pulled back and smiled at me before clapping her hands.
And not a second later music started playing.

"May I have the first dance m'lady" Mason asked

"Mason I haven't danced in such a long time I could trip or hurt you..." Before I could finish Mason stopped me

"Trust me Sophia"

And with those words I took his out stretched hand and he lead me to the middle.
The music started from the beginning and we danced.

It's been years and years since I've danced but this felt amazing.
After the first dance finished everyone clapped and the second song came on and we started dancing again and soon people started joining us.

This day will probably be one of my favourite days of my whole life and I'll forever remember it.

We took three more songs before my stomach made strange noises that I'm sure the whole room heard.
Mason laughed before he lead me towards the food table.

We both filled our plates before heading towards the table where Mary and few other people were sitting.

Surprisingly we both finished our plates and we chatted with some people.
I excused myself to go to the bathroom and Mason was going to stand but I told him I could go myself.

I walked towards the bathroom and Aria and Cat followed behind.
I asked if they could bring me my flats from my room because my feet were killing me.
And Cat said she could go bring them.

We continued to walk. Once we got there I cleaned my hands and looked myself in the mirror.
I was about to smile when an unfamiliar face popped into the window.

"Better watch your step, darling you never know what could happen, don't say I didn't tell you." And just like that she disappeared.

"Did you see that?" I asked Aria

But she told me she didn't see or hear anything.
The door opened which made me look up and in walked Cat holding my flats.

I quickly changed into them and walked back towards Mason.
At this point he is the only one who could calm me.

--------

I hope you have a great day. Please don't forget to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 6
I never imagined how meeting my mate was going to go, but I never imagined it to be a prank that went too far. I never imagined that the alpha was go...
318 46 24
"Why haven't you told him yet?" She asked. " telling him won't do him any good let's just leave it" I answered , I could feel my heart breaking at th...
19.1K 467 17
I'm that one girl who just missed the beauty boat. I'm the girl who gets left behind at all the functions for school or at home or in the pack. I'm t...
515 0 27
I'm done with this bullcrap. I'm done being beaten by the very people that I know are supposed to protect me. So I ran. I felt like no one was chasin...