Heartbreak Before Love

By kauigirl

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Epilogue

Chapter 9

49.9K 1.1K 98
By kauigirl

The rest of the week passed by uneventfully. Tanya finally made an appearance and shot me a triumphant look as she headed towards Deke one day but her look quickly changed when in front of the whole school Deke told her to get lost and that the only reason he made out with her was the alcohol. It was harsh and the old me would have felt sorry for her but that girl was long gone!

 I shared a few exchanged glances with Deke but that was it. He must’ve given up. I knew it would happen and I refused to give in to the part of me that was disappointed by that.

It was now Friday and my wall of armor was firmly back in place, all memories of Deke’s sweet gesture forgotten. I kept my head down as I walked through the halls not wanting to converse with anyone so I missed seeing the posters lining the walls. I couldn’t miss the things being said though, because they were being said to me.

“I’d check yes Kaylah”

“Definite yeses from us, he’s a hottie”

“Three yeses here, you guys would make a great couple.”

“Check No and choose me instead, I’m way hotter.” that one was from one of the baseball boys.

What were they all talking about? Was there something in the water that I should know about? I was going to have to avoid all water fountains just in case. 

Finally getting to my locker I opened it only to have a white sheet fall out and land face down at my feet. I bent to pick it up and as I flipped it over I was totally surprised.

There was a picture of Deke, Shane, and I but Shane was cut out. I remembered the picture well. My mom took it the night of our junior prom. It was one of those random pics when no one knows they’re being photographed. In it I was laughing hard as Deke looked down at me with a loving smile on his face? Why had I not noticed this before and how did he get this picture? Then it dawned on me. Deke, Shane and I were all at my house when my mom brought home the developed pictures. We were looking at them and when we came across this one Deke called dibs on it. I told him that was a bad picture since none of us were looking at the camera but he said it was his favorite. I didn’t think anything of it at the time but I now realize why he liked it so much.

Below the picture, typed in all caps and bold was this…

THIS IS KAYLAH STEVENS. SHE’S A SENIOR, BEAUTIFUL, FUNNY, SMART, AND THE GIRL I’M IN LOVE WITH. I MESSED UP REAL BAD AND I PROMISED I’D MAKE IT UP TO HER BUT I NEED YOUR HELP. 

JUST LIKE WHEN A PRESIDENT NEEDS SUPPORTERS TO BE ELECTED, I NEED SUPPORTERS TO WIN HER BACK! I WILL BE GIVING HER A NOTE LIKE WE USED TO DO IN ELEMENTARY ASKING HER TO CHECK YES IF SHE’LL GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE OR NO IF SHE WON’T. SO WHEN YOU SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL AROUND CAMPUS PLEASE TELL HER TO CHECK YES. MY FUTURE HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON IT IF I’M GOING TO BE RE-ELECTED INTO HER HEART.

I felt my eyes tear. How could I stay mad at someone so sweet? It was then I noticed the little post it attached to the bottom of the flyer and it said exactly that, to check yes for another chance or no if I won’t. 

I felt the walls around my heart start to crack. This guy was just too amazing! Yes he messed up, but he realized his mistake and was truly sorry for it. He put his dignity on the line not once but twice and would probably do it a third and fourth time as well just to win my heart.

I felt a pair of eyes staring intensely at me and I blinked away the tears on my lashes and looked up to see Deke across the hall with a worried yet hopeful expression on his face. The walls completely crumbled then and I felt the old me returning. Grabbing a pen I quickly checked the appropriate box, folded the post-it in half, shut my locker, and started towards him. All eyes were on me but I didn’t care, I had something very important to do.

Mistaking the determination on my face for anger Deke threw his hands up and said, “Kaylah please don’t be mad! I didn’t know what else to do to prove how sorry I was. I wasn’t trying to embarrass you I just wanted the whole school to know I was serious about this.”

I handed him the folded paper and said, “Open it Deke.”

“I’m not sure I should.” he said wearily.

“Just do it.” I said starting to get impatient. 

He opened it up, scanned the words, then broke out into the most radiant smile I’ve ever seen, “Really?” he asked still a little insecure.

I returned his smile and nodded.

Obviously I checked Yes!

Faster than lightning I was pulled into his arms so tightly the breath was knocked out of me and all air supply was cut off immediately after that as Deke pressed his lips to mine with so much passion and love that it brought fresh tears to my eyes. He pulled back still holding my face and brushed the tears away, “You don’t know how happy you just made me!” he whispered.

“If I didn’t know before that kiss surely showed me!” I teased.

All around us there were murmurs of, “what did she say?” and “why are they kissing?” there were also a lot of “Awww’s” and “Get her, Deke”

We were oblivious to it all though, we were so rapped up in each other that no one else existed.

It felt so good, I felt like I was home and I had nothing but happiness and love ahead of me.

Of course all good moments must come to an end and this time in the form of my brother.

“Deke get your hands off my baby sister!” he shouted with a smile on his face as he approached us.

“No can do Kane, I’ve spent the most miserable week of my life without her, thinking I would never get a chance to hold her, so now that I have her I don’t plan on letting her go for a long time.” and before I could get my two cents in he continued saying the exact words that were about to leave my lips, “Besides, she’s only younger by a minute!”

Oh yes, I was sooo in love with this boy. I tip toed up to his lips giving him another toe curling kiss and once again losing myself in all that is Deke before my brother interrupted yet again.

“Fine, fine but none of that in front of me! It’s just gross, and don’t let me see you grab her ass or any other hidden body part or friend or no friend I might have to break your hands!” he playfully said though there was a hint of seriousness in his tone.

“Okay, it’s agreed,” Deke started allowing Kane to relax until he finished his sentence, “I’ll make sure you don’t see me doing it!” he finished with a laugh.

I guess he really did have a death sentence. We both noticed the murderous look on Kane’s face and realizing what was about to come Deke gave me a quick peck on the lips followed by a heart felt “I love you!” and darted off with Kane hot on his heels. I laughed so hard I almost pee’d. 

I liked this feeling, it felt amazing. I guess there really were fairy tale endings or in our case beginnings. I couldn’t wait to see what else the future had in store for us! Whatever it was it was going to be exciting!

****************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! No, this isn't the end but there are only a couple chapter left though. This is dedicated to Dear_Jacob_ILoveyou for leaving me the funniest comments! Hope this chapter didn't disappoint, it was so much fun to write:)

thanks

kauigirl~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.6K 26
Lauren Locke is a girl with a secret living in Central City. What happens when the secrets become too hard to keep up? [disclaimer & summery inside]...
728 84 14
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم. On every page that you turn, Is a benefit that you learn, For Muslims it is fiction, But for sincere ones it is a step towa...
18.6K 334 11
[Before every chapter I'll write on the beginning if there are some TW in the chapter!! If i forgot some please write them in the comment!!!]
65.2K 1.5K 22
You're a big fan of BTS and your Ultimate Bias is RM or Kim Namjoon. After a fortunate circumstance, you get to meet him and the rest of BTS. What w...