Chapter 10

The relationship between Deke and I grew immensely over the weekend. On Saturday, I hung around at home until he was through with football practice then he picked me up and we spent the day at lover’s rock. No, we didn’t do what lover’s rock was named for, instead we played around in the waves, laughing and having sand fights. It was very effective in erasing the memories I had from my last visit here which I knew was Deke’s intention.

On Sunday we just lounged around at my house with Kane. Being witness to Deke’s embarrassing but sweet gesture of love, Kane had accepted our relationship with no problems. My other brothers were still on the fence about it. They liked Deke better than Shane but his little party incident made them weary of our relationship. They weren’t trying to stop me from seeing him but Kevin did give Deke a hard time when he was around. Lucky for Deke it was Dad’s chosen day off so Kevin had to run the restaurant.

At around 9 Deke left, making sure to give me a toe curling kiss at the door reminding me tomorrow would be our first official day at school as a couple. I couldn’t wait, we already admitted our love to one another and no one was going to bring me down from my love high. I know I was being sappy but it felt good to be my old happy self. 

In the morning I took a quick shower and put on my favorite black skinnys, pink converse, and a black top and was good to go. I had a quick breakfast of cheerios and ran out to meet Deke who wanted to take me to school. As I opened the car door to get in I noticed something on the passenger seat so I picked it up not really paying attention to it and was about to throw it in the back of his car when he said, “Are you going to keep it this time?”

Stopping to look at him I was confused by his question, until I glanced back at my hand and realized what I was holding. His Jersey.

Smiling brightly I looked at him with a sassy smile and said, “I don’t know, should I? The last time I had this in my possession things didn’t go too well.”

He playfully scowled at me before softening his expression and saying, “I really would like you to wear it this and every Friday to show everyone that  you’re mine.”

It should have offended me to hear him say that but surprisingly it had the opposite effect, it made him seem even hotter. 

I put my finger to my chin and pretended to be thinking it over causing him to pull on the side of the road and tickle me till I cried mercy. When we once again composed ourselves I told him, “Of course I’ll wear it, what took you so long to ask?” 

To which he smiled widely, gave me a long and loving kiss, and returned to the road.

The whole day in school was amazing. We held hands everywhere we went, had stolen kisses in the janitors closet and were almost lost in our own world. Being in love was an awesome feeling and I was so glad I decided to give it another shot. I just hope Deke didn’t mess up again.