The Joining of Four and Seven...

By WritersBlock039

I felt the scar that night. It was the worst feeling ever. All that I know is that I'm running. Again. Only t... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

1.8K 40 5
By WritersBlock039

A Hospital in Paradise, Ohio

***

John sat outside of Marina's hospital room, looking in on Gibbs and Sarah. The two hadn't budged from Marina's side the entire time. 

The bathroom door opened, and Sam exited, giving a look towards Gibbs and Sarah. "How's she doing?" he asked. 

John shrugged. "They got the blood transfusion going, but other than that, I don't even know." 

The elevator dinged, and Tony came in, dragging Mark James by the arm. "Brought this guy," he growled, throwing Mark into a chair. "Kate and McGee are going to be here soon." 

As if he had heard Tony come in, Gibbs looked up and over in their direction. His gaze hardened when it landed on Mark, and he looked over at Sarah and said something. She looked over, too, and tears started welling up in her eyes again. She set her jaw and stood up, stomping towards the door. 

Sam whistles softly. "I would hate to be James right now." 

She slammed the door open, and Gibbs followed, slamming the door behind him. Tony smirked. "Hey, boss. Brought him." 

"I can see that, DiNozzo," Gibbs muttered, folding his arms and looking at Mark. "Where are Kate and McGee?" 

The elevator dinged again. "Right here, Gibbs," Kate announced darkly as she and the junior agent stepped out, approaching. 

Mark swallowed. "Look, I don't even know what I did wrong!" he shouted. "Yes, maybe I pulled a few pranks - " 

"A few?" John shouted back, and Mark's glare swung to him. "You ram people like Sam into lockers, hit them in the head with football passes that could've given him a concussion, and you put paint bombs in my, Sam's, and Marina's lockers? Are you kidding me?" 

Mark stood up, fuming. "This doesn't concern you, Smith." 

"Oh, I think it does," John snapped, standing up as well. "Sam's my best friend, and Marina's closer to me than a sister. You didn't know, but do pranks against a federal agent count as assault?" 

Gibbs tilted his head, thinking. "It actually might," he agreed, sounding a little happy. 

Savannah emerged from the staircase, walking side by side with Henri. "So there's the mess that got us all here," Savannah growled, folding her arms and staring at Mark. 

Mark turned onto her next. "What, that bitch back in there?" 

There was a growl of warning from everyone, but Savannah just smirked and walked forward. She was a few inches shorter than Mark, but she didn't let that stop her from getting in his face. "Lemme tell you something," she whispered. "I've been stuck in a lab for three goddamn years being experimented on. I'm stronger than you and the entire football team combined. I've got endurance better than Gibbs. My reflexes are even better than any predator of prey. So I'd watch where you step, James. Because no one is out to get my best friend without me knowing and being a bitch to stop anything from happening to her." 

Mark just smirked. "Until I get a solid reason, I'm not stopping." 

Savannah threw back her head and barked in laughter. Mark actually took a few steps back. "You're threatening pretty much a super girl, three extremely pissed off classmates, and four federal agents about keeping Ari's life hell?" she asked. She burst out laughing. "That's a good one." 

"If she's that special, then where were the agents when she moved here?" Mark snapped. "I didn't see anyone except the Smiths." 

Savannah's eyes widened, and there was an even louder overprotective growl from everyone. Each agent took a step forward, but Sarah got to him first. She slapped him across the face, hard enough that his head slammed into the wall behind him. "You idiot," she snarled. "You twisted bastard! You threaten every person near me, try to prank my friends, and you pick on nerds because you think it's fun!" 

Mark looked up at Sarah, who had such a furious look in her eyes that made him back up against he wall. "So stay away from my friends," she whispered in a deadly voice. 

"Get him out of here, DiNozzo," Gibbs ordered. 

"Gladly, boss," Tony replied, grabbing Mark's arm and pulling him along. 

Henri watched them go, then turned to Gibbs. "Savannah got me as soon as Marina went in. She explained what happened." 

Gibbs nodded absently, looking in on Marina's room. "With as much blood as she lost, it's surprising she's still alive." 

"She's a tough one," Sam declared. 

Kate and McGee chuckled. "That she is, Sam," Gibbs agreed. "That she is."

***

A few days later was when Sarah really began to worry. Her best friend - as far as she knew since yesterday afternoon - was still hospitalized. John was over his head about what had happened. Sam had this glazed look whenever she was mentioned. Even Henri, whenever she saw him with John, had an uneasy and concerned look about him when she was hinted at. 

She walked by the office when she heard the principal's voice. " . . . really need to?" 

Curious, she backed up, putting her ear to the door. 

Then she heard another familiar voice. "I don't need to make this any more clear, do I?" 

Sarah grinned, backing up to the window. She smirked when she saw what was going on. Gibbs was leaning over the principal's desk, getting right in Mr. Harris's face. Tony was leaning against the wall, arms folded. The principal swallowed. "When will she be back?" 

"Agent Todd will be here within the hour," Gibbs replied nonchalantly. 

"Also why our entire team is going to be playing security around the school," Tony added cheerfully. "We good about that?" 

Sarah finally spoke. "I'm good with that." 

Mr. Harris stood, face getting red. "Miss Hart - " 

"Hey there, Sarah," Gibbs greeted her. "How're you doing?" 

"Good," Sarah replied, completely ignoring Mr. Harris' sputtering. "How's Marina?" 

"Coming back today," Tony replied, hugging Sarah. "Did you hear?" 

"We get our own security force!" Sarah mock cheered, doing a little dance on the spot. 

"Miss Hart," Mr. Harris finally got out. "Aren't you supposed to be heading to class?" 

"With three minutes until class?" Sarah scoffed. "My class is right across from your office, sir." 

Tony started snickering. "We'll let you know when she gets here, okay?" 

Sarah nodded, hugging him. "Thanks." 

Gibbs smiled at her as she left. She kept smiling as she sat down in her first period class. The day was suddenly looking much better.

***

"Any update on Marina?" Sam asked John as they started out of the building. 

"You could've just asked." 

John nearly jumped out of his skin, turning and seeing a smirking McGee leaning against the door. "Jeez, McGee!" he breathed, sighing. "You just have to scare me, don't you?" 

"Tony rubs off on people," McGee replied, still smirking as he followed them out onto the lawn. "Any trouble from Mark?" 

"Surprisingly, no," John replied. 

"Maybe a freakingly boss chick threatening him went to his head," Sam suggested. 

"You mean her?" McGee asked, pointing under a tree. 

Sitting under the tree, laughing like crazy, were Sarah and Savannah. John grinned, running over. "Savvy!" 

Savannah stood up, grinning and hugging John as he got closer. "Hey, Four," she whispered so only he could hear. 

"So does anyone have an idea on when Marina's getting out?" Sam asked, sitting down on the lawn. 

Savannah shrugged. "I don't know. Gibbs drove me here and told me to find Sarah." 

Sarah shrugged, also. "No idea." 

"SARAH!" 

She jumped a little, turning. Tony was standing on the hill, grinning like crazy. Sarah visibly brightened, dropping what she was working on. "Get your asses up and come on!" she barked at everyone else, not even waiting for them before running up to him.

***

Sarah slid to a halt right in front of Tony. He smirked. "Anxious much?" he asked mildly. 

Sarah just punched him in the arm. He glared at her. "Ow." 

"Where is she?" she asked. 

"Standing right behind you," a tired voice replied. 

Sarah turned, practically jumping on her friend. Marina stumbled a little before hugging Sarah back. "Gee, missed me much?" she joked lightly. 

"Never take a bullet for me again," Sarah demanded, pulling away to look her over. She looked extremely pale, but at least she was standing. "You are not dying again." 

"Sarah, my job includes the possibility of dying," Marina told her, smirking. "And you're telling me not to die?" 

There was another cry of surprise, and then Savannah was hugging her, too. Sam and John were right behind her. "Quite the welcome home party," Marina commented. 

Sam punched her lightly in the arm. "You were lying in that bed for almost a week," he told her. "Did you expect anything less?" 

"Truthfully?" Marina asked. "Not really." 

The door to the school opened, and Kate stepped out. "Assuming you four can keep an eye on her, I've heard rumors of a Halloween carnival happening tomorrow night," she told them. "You guys can go." 

"What are we, ten and needing permission?" Savannah asked. 

"Gibbs," Kate replied simply.

***

Henri looked up as the door of the house opened, and he smiled with relief as John held the door open for Marina. "Good to see you still in one piece, Marina." 

"Good to be in one piece," Marina replied, giving him a hug. "Good to be alive, too." 

"Did you hear about the Halloween carnival happening tomorrow?" John asked. 

Henri nodded. "Are you two planning on going?" 

"Sarah promised to drag us over if we didn't," Marina replied. 

Henri grinned. "Then I guess we're going."

***

Gibbs checked his watch, looking around the carnival area curiously. He heard footsteps behind him and guessed who it was. "Yeah, Kate?" 

He heard her sigh. "Gibbs, Marina couldn't have healed that quickly. She was on IVs the night before still bleeding, and she's up and walking the next morning with no cuts or scars visible. How is that possible?" 

Gibbs sighed, turning and looking at Kate. "A new Legacy."

***

Two Nights Ago

Gibbs didn't budge from Marina's side, even after everyone had told him to. The door opened behind him, and he sighed. "I'm not leaving, DiNozzo." 

"I'm not either." 

Gibbs looked over as Tony sat down on the other side of the agent. "Tony - " 

"She's like my little sister, alien or not," Tony snapped. "I'm not leaving." He blinked. "And why is her hand glowing?" 

Gibbs frowned, looking down. Her hand was glowing a soft silver, spreading up her arm. "Close the curtain." 

Tony didn't argue, he just did. Marina slowly opened her eyes. "Icy feeling . . . " she murmured. 

"What does it seem to be doing?" Gibbs asked. 

"Like everything's clearing up," Marina replied. 

Gibbs understood instantly. "One hand on your bullet wound, another on the stab." 

Marina blinked. "Gibbs - " 

"Marina." 

She swallowed, doing as he said. And as he watched, both wounds started closing. 

Tony made a sound of surprise. "What the - " 

"Marina just got a new Legacy," Gibbs replied, smiling. "Healing."

***

"She can heal herself," Gibbs explained, looking at Kate. "Soon I expect she can do it to others." 

"Handy that it happened when she needed it to." 

"They do that sometimes. We were in the middle of a firing range practice when Marina's telekinesis kicked in. At least I didn't have to make up a story on how the bullets all stopped in midair." 

Kate smirked, looking at her watch. "Sarah and Sam are here. I don't know when the others will be, though." 

"They'll be here," Gibbs assured her. "They'll be here."

***

Henri left John and Marina at the entrance to the carnival before walking off to most likely find someone to talk to. They both smiled at each other before walking together, trying to find Sarah and Sam. 

What they got instead terrified John out of his wits. 

Standing in front of them a few feet away were three men in black trench coats with extremely pale skin talking to Mark and a few football players. As if they knew he was there, the three men turned to look at him. Mogs. 

Beside him, Marina stopped. "John?" she whispered. 

"Run," was his reply. 

She grabbed his hand and turned tail, pulling him with her. "Smith! Nightshade!" Mark shouted after them. 

"The woods," John told her. 

"Way ahead of you," she replied, and she put on a burst of speed that only kicked in when you're running for your life. 

They pushed through several people in their way, and barreled headlong into Sam and Sarah. "Hey, we've been looking everywhere for you two," Sam told them. 

"No time, Sam," John growled, pushing between them. 

"John, duck!" Marina shouted. 

He did, which saved his life. A quivering knife stuck right where his head had been in the wood post behind him. He recognized it. A Mogadorian knife. He turned, seeing the Mogs were right behind them. "Shit," he muttered. 

"Go," Marina told him. 

John looked at her like she was crazy. "What?" 

She yanked the knife out of the headboard. "John, you saw me against the police. I can handle these guys." 

John hesitated, then saw the Mogs begin reaching for other knives. "Then meet in the woods when you're done." 

She nodded, and John raced off.

***

Marina took a deep breath, turning towards the Mogs, twirling the knife so the blade faced away from her. "Everyone, clear out!" she shouted. 

Everyone practically scrambled to get out of the way. No one even paid attention as Marina did a forward somersault and thrust her knife up into one Mog's chest. He howled and disintegrated, and Marina planted her palms on the ground and whirled herself around, knocking the other two's feet out from under them. With that, she raced away after where John was. She bolted past Kate, who spun around. "Hey!" she shouted. 

"Can't talk!" Marina yelled back. "Got crazy Mogs on my tail!" 

"WHAT?!" 

Marina didn't answer. She just kept running. "John?" she shouted. 

"Ari!" 

She followed his voice, running as fast as she could. An arm wrapped around her waist, and startled, she tried getting away. "It's me," John hissed. 

Marina sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God," she whispered. 

John released his grip on her, and turned her to face him. "That was so incredibly - " His jaw dropped. "Look out!" 

Marina turned and saw a knife heading straight for her face. She just reacted, not even thinking. She raised a hand, and the knife stopped just an inch from her face. 

John stiffened behind her. "What the . . . ?" 

Marina plucked the knife from thin air and threw it with all her strength, sending bolts of electricity along with it. It hit the Mogadorian right in the chest. Electricity shocked him so hard he looked like an X-Ray image, then he exploded into ash. 

She panted hard, then grimaced when she felt something slam into her arm. She dropped to one knee, yanking the knife out, then froze when she saw two bright beams of light shoot out and hit the last Mogadorian, disintegrating it. The lights snapped off, and John came around and knelt in front of her. "I'm not going to even ask," he muttered, grabbing her arm and pulling her up. "Come on." 

He pulled Marina with him, dialing Henri on his phone. He picked up on the first ring. "John?" he asked. 

"We need to get out of here."

***

"How much does she know about who they were?" 

"No idea," John replied, running a hand through his hair. "She seemed a little freaked out when they disintegrated, though." 

Henri frowned. "But they found you." 

"Yeah." 

Henri shook his head slowly. "If they find us again, we need to get out of here." 

John nodded. "I understand." 

He walked upstairs, Bernie Kosar following. He opened the door to his bedroom and folded his arms, looking at Marina, who was lying on her side, facing away from him, and he tried to ignore the fact she was wearing just a camisole tank top and shorts. "What you did is not normal," he told her, getting right to the point. 

"Mmhmm. Nice 'flashlights' you have, too," she replied. "Pretty sure they don't disintegrate people, though." 

John sat on the bed next to her. "Which number are you?" 

Marina stiffened, then sat up and looked at him. "What?" 

John pulled up his pant leg, revealing the circular scars he had. Marina's eyes widened slightly, and then she pulled her left leg up, revealing her scars, too. "Seven," she whispered, turning her arm so John could see it was completely healed. "You?" 

John swallowed. "Four." 

Marina made a noise in the back of her throat. John sat down next to her and hugged her. "But that means - " 

"I'm next to die," he whispered. "They were aiming for me to kill me." 

"But if the two of us are together, and I keep getting hurt . . . the Loridas charm is broken. Any number can be next." 

John cursed. "Great. Just great." 

They were silent for a while, then Marina finally spoke. "So . . . do I still call you John, or do I call you Four?" 

John smirked. "Do I still call you Marina, or do I call you Seven?" 

"Yeah, normal names." 

John laughed, and Bernie Kosar barked at them, wagging his tail. 

The rest of the night, John and Marina laid back on the bed, talking about what they remembered from Lorien and talked about their Legacies. And when they fell asleep, John's arm was around her and she was curled up against him. Nothing woke them up, not even the buzzing texts on their phones from various people.

***

Aww, Jorina/Foureven moment! Probably more to come. :P Yeah, I know, I got ship names. Who cares? They're cute. 

So they know about each other, which would probably piss Henri and Gibbs off, but hey . . . strength is in numbers! And four plus seven is eleven, so that's a good number. 

Anyways, comment and vote! Please. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

964K 30.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
Feeding Time By Elise Fosmark

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 55 27
"Please, you have to help me." I lift up my head from where I'm sitting on the floor to see the woman with brunette hair and green eyes, tied to a ch...
Zeus By Lani❤

Teen Fiction

281 4 42
Gangs. A girl. War. Fights. Love. Hate. Death. All words to describe the city of Athens. The most dangerous city in the country. But only those who h...
600K 17K 50
"She's my mate!" Zane yelled causing both the man and I to widen our eyes. Mate? Is Zane Australian? "No. That's not possible. She's-" Zane cut him...