Bro Code : Luke Hemmings IN E...

By MadelineIce

Michael Clifford is the sweet, funny boy next door who is friend-zoned by the girl he's liked since second gr... More

Bro Code
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Author's Note
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five - PART ONE
Chapter Five - PART TWO : IN EDITING
Chapter Six
Author's Note
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Author's Note
Chapter Thirteen
Author's Note
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Author's Note
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's Note
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine : PART ONE
Twenty-Nine : PART TWO
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Important.
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
37
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Finding Home

Chapter Seventeen

40.3K 743 296
By MadelineIce

130 VOTES            +          60 COMMENTS            =           CHAPTER  ON SUNDAY

don't forget you get DMs to 5/4 if you tweet the link to the story and use the hashtag #BroCodeFF. I am apart of @FiveSOSUpdates. :) i don't think I have any other things to say in the authors note. But thank you. This is literally so insane. So many readers. xD Shoutout to @awk5SOSUpdates on twitter for kind of freaking out when she saw me on TinyChat talking to my friends. that was SIIIIIIIICK. I reply to Wattpad messages, so feel free to send me some more. Or tweet me: @MichaelsTwin, @MadisonMottice, @FiveSOSUpdates. they're all me. :)

ENJOYxx

I'm easy going and carefree, but this is boiling my nerves. Why is she sitting with him. I mean, I clearly remember her thinking we were a couple at her party. Does she think this is okay? What about the Chicks Before Dicks rule? Stop.. What? I sound like Michael and Mr. Mystery. I can't call dibs on something that I ruined. I won't do that, no matter what. He's not a piece of meat. Well, technically he is, but that's not what I mean. I did this to myself. 

"Do you get scared easily?" Luke breaks me from my mentally insane thoughts.

"Yeah, kind of," I admit.

He smiles a tiny smile, "Don't be afraid to grab on to me." I smile and give a one shake head nod

"Fine, but I won't be held responsible if I hold on too tight," I playfully warn him.

"Would you two shut up or leave? There's a movie playing," Michael says rudely.

"Alright, jackass," I snuff at him.

"He's got a point though," Casey chimes in quietly.

"The movies still rolling the opening credits," I reply.

"It's whatever. No need to bicker, let's just watch the movie," she smiles and lays her head back on the couch. 

I read the white words on the black screen. Something about the butterflies fluttering can ruin everything. I'm not entirely sure. The movie doesn't seem scary. It's got Ashton Kutcher in it. How bad can it be? I reach in front of me and grab the popcorn. It's not the normal kind that goes in the microwave to be popped. It's the cheap, cheesy, chewy kind. I happen to like it though. Weird right?

I lean my head into my hand and rest against the arm of the couch. It's different watching a movie while Michael is sitting with another girl and I'm sitting with another guy.. This is a Michael-Hope thing, but I guess sometimes, things change. Things need to change quick or they never will. It's like a band-aide right? No Hope, that doesn't even make sense

I munch on the popcorn without realizing I'm doing so. The only reason I notice is because Michael has gotten up and taken the bag from me. He tells me I'm chewing too loudly and that he wants some. Talk about disrupting the movie..

It's nearly half-way through and I can't lie, it's a good movie. It's not scary, but twisted. I focus on the screen in front of me. The malicious boy is trying to kill the dog by lighting it on fire. What a dick. He's got some serious mommy issues. I continue watching, a shiver runs up my spine. I pull the blanket up to my chin and bring my knees to my chest.

"Cold?" Luke asks.

"Just a little," I smile. His eyes smile bigger than his lips.

"I reckon I'm quite warm. Come on, scoot over here with me," he takes me by the hand, tugging for me to obey. I do. His arm snakes behind my lower back and rests on the remainder of the sofa. I'm just small enough to fit perfectly into his side. He's right, he is warmer. "That's better," he sighs quietly.

"Much better," I lay my head back. I look over to Michael who has an arm around Casey. His eyes are on Luke and I. He rolls his eyes and turns away.

"Casey. Where's your bathroom?" Michael stands and asks.

"Up the stairs, around the corner, third door on the right," she smiles.

"Uh, can you show me?" he asks awkwardly. Of course, she hops up, more cheerfully than she should. He smiles at her reaction and follows her out  the door, but not before she can take his wrist to "lead" him. It's a house, not a fucking maze. 

I stare at the empty doorway, I don't know why. I just assumed Michael would never allow her to do that. He makes fun of her on a daily basis for the stupid coloring in her hair. The maniac put Kool-Aid in it to make it red, but got some shitty color instead. I shouldn't be being rude, she's my friend. It's not her fault she likes Michael. Just like it's not my fault that I don't like Michael. Mother nature can suck a fat one.

"See a ghost?" Luke turns me from my thoughts. 

"What?" I ask, confused by the question.

"Is there a ghost standing in the door or are you admiring the frame?" he chuckles. I huff a laugh, realizing that I am, infact, crazy. I'm a psycho. Casey's my friend. Michael's my best friend. I don't like him and Casey knows that. She's doing nothing wrong. 

"No, I was just thinking. Guess I zoned out," I smile.

"It was kind of creepy. I thought I was watching a possessed chick and something was going to get me," he says, trying to keep a straight face. 

I fall across Luke's lap, "This movie is boring." 

"Are you kidding? Do you understand it yet?" he stares at me with disbelief in his eyes. It's his favorite movie after all. 

"Yeah, I think. He keeps changing his memories so that his life is better, right?" I ask. "Like, he keeps reading those books and it takes him back and he can fix everything," I elaborate.

"You're so wrong, but you have the right idea. I didn't realize it till the end, but he does it for her. He wants her to be happy, not himself," he says, using his hands to speak. He's still cute, even with the view up his nose. He's looking at me intently and it makes me feel special.

"So how do they end up happy? So far nothing's worked," I inform him.

"You just gotta watch the movie," he smiles. 

"So you're not going to tell me?"

"No," he lets out a breathy laugh, "it's almost over, just watch the end of it. You've got like, twenty-five minutes left."

"Fine," I sarcastically groan. I roll over and get a pillow from the ground. I place it under my head, on Luke's lap, and continue to watch the movie. Luke settles his hand above the blanket, on my stomach. The movie is going further into detail and I find myself more confused than I thought I would be. 

My mind jumps when I feel a soft hand playing with my hair. I don't move my head, but I look in my peripheral vision and see Luke watching the movie and mindlessly twirling my hair between his fingers. It's cute. He's cute.

He repositions himself beneath me; I sit up to allow him more room to move. When he settles back down, I go back to the way I was before. His hand once again is stretched out on my stomach and his hand is playing with my hair. I don't know why, but this feels right to me. Like I should've been with Luke from the start. This is how I feel when I'm with Michael, but instead, I can see myself having feelings for Luke. I find myself thinking back to the day at the pool. His cocky attitude was a turn-off. I don't see it now. I don't see the same version of that Luke--maybe it's just a front.

I replay that day in my head; Michael acting rude towards him because he was being a little flirty.. When I told Mike I didn't like Luke because of it.. When he replied and told me that every girl likes him.. I was the exception...at first. The more I think about it, the more I realize that first impressions are wrong and that I think I do like Luke. Maybe not a lot, but I have a crush. Should I ask him on a real date? No, I'll let him ask me. 

"See. Now do you get it?" Luke asks, the end credits rolling. I completely missed the ending and whole point. Way to go, Hope.

"Yeah, that was perfect," I tell him, hoping it fits.

"Kind of," he smiles down to me. "What'd you think? The ending always bums me out." I turn onto my other side to face him.

"Yeah, I don't get it. I wish it was a happy ending," I try again, hoping this fits better. I bring both my hands to my chest and tuck them under my blanket. His hand that was playing with my hair, tucks a loose piece behind my ear. "Thanks," I blush. He sheepishly smiles back.

"Sad that not everyone gets what they want in the end," he says absentmindedly. 

"Yeah..." I'm not sure what to say. I realize that Michael and Casey never returned from the bathroom and it's been nearly thirty minutes. "Where'd they go? Egypt?" I ask rhetorically, nodding to their empty seats.

"I hear it's a great honeymooners spot," he jokes back.

"Oh, is the jokester coming back? I thought we left him at the fair.." I say, sounding disappointed.

"The jokester is always around, lurking, waiting for the perfect moment," he smiles. I laugh at his facial expression which was mirroring that of a pretend creature.

"Let's go find them," I tell him.

"No," he says. I give him a confused glance. "Let's go scare them.." he smirks. I stand up and take his hand to pull him up as well.

"Let's," I smile. 

We kick the blankets off to the side and open the door as quietly as possible. I hear Luke stumble behind me, so I take his hand and lead him up through the hallway and as quietly as I can through the hall. Ironic.

We glance into the living room and dining room and don't see them. We softly take on the next set of stairs and start in the direction of her room. I approach the door and stick my ear to it; I hear nothing. We head back down, not minding the noise. They aren't in this house. They wouldn't be in the other rooms, I'm sure of it. Just as I hit the last step, I see the porch light flicker on through the glass surrounding the front door. I don't tell Luke. I watch them on the porch.

My heart sinks in my chest and I feel like I've been punched. I watch as Michael leans in to kiss her. What the hell man? He's only acknowledged her for this one night. Sure they talk occasionally, but never a real conversation, just to pass time. I don't understand. All I know is that the pit of my stomach is churning. How? I watch the hot mess happening out on the porch; the hot mess that has me breaking. Michael pulls away and looks inside, I quickly look up to Luke before Michael can see me staring. I kiss his cheek sweetly, taking him by surprise.

"What was that for?" he asks, smiling wide.

"For being the best fake date ever," I smile back. His face faulters a bit.

"Speaking of!" he gathers his thoughts, "when's the next one?"

"Whenever you're free. I'm all yours."

"Good, that's the way I like it," he winks. I lean in to give him a hug, knowing Michael has to still be watching. If I know Michael, I know that he wouldn't be able to take his eyes away.

"Should I call him?" I ask, talking about Michael. Luke still hasn't seen him. 

"Yeah, but we should che-" Luke's interrupted by the front door opening. Only Casey walks in. She looks extremely happy and I can't help but be upset with it. The worst part is that I'm not jealous that he kissed her. I'm jealous because I want Michael to always want me. I want to know that after a shitty day, I can go to him and not have to worry about some prissy girl being there. Michael's my forever, but my best friend. 

"He said he had to go. Can Luke take you home?" she answers my question. I look up to Luke with sorry eyes. 

"You don't have to. I still have my penny board," I tell him.

"Don't be crazy. I got you," he smiles. I nod him a thank you.

"Is Michael okay?" I ask.

"I don't know. He was, then he got all weird and said he had to go real quick," she shrugs, but seems disappointed.

"Where'd you guys go? You missed the end of the movie. It was such a good ending," I say, trying to sound casual, but attempting to get details nonetheless.

"We started talking."

"About what?" Luke asks for me.

"I dunno.. A lot," she says simply.

"Oh. Okay. Well I think we're going to head out. Thanks for inviting us over," I smile and pull her in for a reluctant hug.

"Anytime!" she says honestly.

"Thanks for inviting me. It was nice to meet you again," Luke smiles and gives her a quick side hug. She leads us out the door and bids us a fairwell one last time. 

As we get into the car I find myself wondering what they possibly could've talked about. I shut the door and Luke shuts his. We head off down the dark street. Schools out, no way it's about that. It couldn't have been about me, even though I wish it was. I know it's not, otherwise she wouldn't have been that happy.

"Do you need me to help you get to my house?" I ask.

"No. I think I remember pretty well," he smiles, looking over to me. His smile is to die for. His perfectly straight teeth are a white that I envy. It's genuine and personal everytime. I check him out one solid time. He's probably one of the hottest guys I've ever been interested in. Actually, he's probably one of the hottest guys I know, period. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" he asks.

"Honestly? I don't know. It's pretty lame," I say, trying to make it sound uninteresting.

"Come on, spill," he nudges my shoulder with a fist.

"I was just checking you out. Awkward, but you're pretty cute," I hold back on the hot part. No need for a confidence booster.

"Aye, you're not so bad yourself," he laughs. 

"Keep talking.."

"Awe, you know I'm kidding. We've been over this. I think your face is attractive as well," he glances over to me. I let out a quick laugh.

"We have..That's even more weird that I've admitted it twice now. I wouldn't blame you for thinking I'm a creep," I laugh.

"Good," he jokes. I laugh back, but don't speak. Moments pass and the car remains silent. "So what are you doing Tuesday?" he asks.

"I'm doing absolutely nothing. What's up?"

"How about that second fake date?" he smiles. 

--------------------

wow. this chapter is dogshit. It's a long chapter filled with absolutely nothing entertaining. in the original chapter I had a Michope fight during the movie. I had a goodnight kiss. I had a lot of other shit, but i can't remember how I did it. :( 

GUYS! YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT THE STORY 'HIRED FOR LUX' BY CASEYRYANNN! It's literally one of my favorite stories! give her some comments and reads. :)

Don't forget to talk about this story on twitter! Use the hashtag #BroCodeFF and I'll read them! Tweet with the link and hashtag and you get a dm to 5/4. I check the tag and favorite the girls that I have dmed.

130 VOTES            +          60 COMMENTS            =           CHAPTER  ON SUNDAY

-Madison. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.2K 31
As a senior in high school, Laurie is befriended by a new boy named Calum and the two become inseparable immediately. But when she is taken hostage b...
1.2M 17.9K 79
[COMPLETED] Julia leaves her save hometown London for a new life in Sydney. She doesn't want to but her mom is getting a job there. She and her bro...
171K 4.6K 26
Wren Hemmings. Everyone says she is the younger sister of Luke Hemmings, but she fails to believe in the rumours. But what if two of her brother's cl...
159K 4.4K 25
Ally Brighten is the good girl from New York. What will happen when her life is turned upside down by her moms death , moving to Australia with her f...