A Jock's Tale (BoyxBoy)

By DerreckSanchez

Love is not a thing that can just drop in anyone's lap (or maybe it can). Sometimes you have to fight for it... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Epilogue
Fun Facts!
Acknowledgments

Chapter One

182K 3.3K 3.3K
By DerreckSanchez

So here is where things are set into motion. The song is Closer by Tegan and Sara who are both out and proud! Support them! Also Jodelle Ferland would make a really good Lillian Grey. A character about to be introduced this chapter. Happy reading bookworms!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                   Jake

It was said this was a non-homophobic school. That was only the second reason why I was here. The first reason was my grandmother was having a hard time taking care of herself now. 

But don’t tell her that. 

The nurse said our company which was both my parents and myself would do her well enough. To keep her happy we lived in a single story three bedroom house way on the other side of town. I got the biggest room available. Not that I thought I needed it or anything. 

It wasn’t too big of a town but it had all the needs a town needed. This was very different from the Midwestern life style I had come to know so well being born and raised out there. Here in the western side of the United States, it was easier than I thought. 

My parents, Eric and Leah Sampson, were just going out of their way to make sure I was happy. They were good people. My dad a humble and hard working man. My mother was also hard working with a high tolerance rate. I had nothing to complain about them. They accepted me the moment I came out of the closet. 

I also wondered how the football team here was.

The rest of that introduction stuff is pretty much boring and could be summed up rather quickly. The first day of school and getting around was easy. Even though it meant I had to go to school the very next day we arrived and we got home shortly after eleven at night. 

I checked myself out in the mirror in my very own bathroom!

My hair was dirty dishwater blonde like my grandmother’s was back in the day. My mom had the black hair and my dad had the light brown. I brushed it upwards to get rid of the wetness after the shower. My skin was naturally tanned and the weather here didn’t seem too much different than back at my hometown. Just a little cooler.

Everything was about as perfect as it could get. My brown eye’s matched my brown leather jacket. I made a mental note to show my grandma that I still wore her gift to me two years ago. It still looked brand new. 

After a quick check that I had everything I headed off to school.

Hour’s later I was thinking of getting on the football team. The kids were very respectful. Senior year here was going to be easy.

There was still so much to do. Mandatory checks on grandma without making to obvious. I totally loved my grandma seeing as she was the only grandparent I had. She was on my mom’s side. There wasn’t much contact with my dad’s side.

While my mind mulled those things over as I was walking to my English class.

My head throbbed but very little and all my books scattered all over the hallway. Most kids kept their distance stepping over my math book which must have been when knocked me in the head. I almost stumbled but a pair of large hands grabbed my shoulders and more books fell. 

“Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch,” I danced away hanging onto the side of my head.

“You ok?”

Then I looked up. Like just an inch up into the face of gorgeous! His black hair was really short and I could tell by his eye’s that he could be Hawaiian. 

Hey Hawaiian’s were mostly hot! 

Play it cool Jake!

“I, I, I w-will, will be,” I stammered. 

Then I tried to play it cool by standing on my own trying to casually lean against the wall behind me but missed.

Of course gorgeous held up his hands to grab me again when I almost fell sideways rather than backwards this time. I caught myself just in time when his mouth opened again to say something. He thought about it and closed it.

I sense sarcasm.

But so much for trying to play it cool Jake!

Instead of doing anything to embarrass myself further I bent down to start picking up my books. He mirrored the same.

“Chemistry rivals math,” I indicated obviously to his book since that wasn’t one of my classes.

“Much heaver yes,” he replied casually then asked, “Why do you have all of those books at once? You must be new.”

 “Well I haven’t been able to check out around town for a gym so holding a bunch of books will have to substitute for weights. Just got here late last night.”

Look at me I work out!

He just nodded his head as we gathered the last of our books.

“Jake Sampson,” I held out my hand to him.

“Daniel Skye but everyone here calls me Danny,” he replied shaking my hand in a way that had a lighter grip on my hand.

Maybe he was shy which would be so cute!

“Even my mom calls me Danny unless she’s really mad.”

Danny stood right back up the same time I did. I kind of wished he would a little closer.

Then it got weird.

I blinked first.

Then he blinked.

Then I blinked again.

Then he blinked again.

Gosh I am such a charmer!

“Well it was nice meeting you,” he said right when the bell rang.

“Bumping more like,” I shouted over the bell.

“Likewise.”

Then we went opposite directions when I realized I was about to be late.

It would be a while before Danny and I could speak to each other again.

I made a good circle of friends quickly. Charles Porrey, Marcus Flores, Jimmy Zane, Lillian Grey, Heather Kelley, and finally the cousins Nikko and Nick Summers. There are a few more but these people I saw more often and had lunch together with. It was never a dull moment with these guys. 

Charles and Heather dated on and off. So when Heather was mad at Charles, she would sit with Lillian and whisper things. Sometimes it irritated Charles and sometimes it didn’t. 

Nikko was on the soccer team with Marcus. Nick was on the basketball team. They hated being compared to each other not because they hated each other. They just wanted to be individual. 

Heather and Lillian were both on the cheerleading squad. Jimmy was on the football team he looked forward to having me on the team and so he was putting in his best word to coach Blatt. 

Charles is the only one not on a team. He used to be in the football team but he was cut because his grades weren’t meeting expectations. That could have gotten me a spot but the team was too full. That was pretty much the only fallback in my luck.

So my life at school was good. My home life was also good. Grandma was doing better and I paid her weekly visits. After being stuffed with food that was sometimes too over cooked. Sometimes food that wasn’t in season like stew when it was too hot out. My grandmother really was a pleasant person to be around.

Football season started without me which was ok. I had already attended every football game there was. Most of the school showed their support which my old school hadn’t. Lillian was the one who first invited me to the first football game. Lillian had a head full of black hair that went in a lot of curls down to the middle of her back. She had natural pink lips and liked to dress up a lot. I met Charles shortly after a very light skinned African American. His nose looked like it may had been broken once under some light chocolate brown eyes.

Heather turned up with straight brown hair and was a little higher up in the fashion department than Lillian. She had a different scarf and matching bag almost every week. She favored the color blue because that was the color of her eye’s. These two girls had gone to kindergarten together so there was a lot of history there.

Heather and Charles were in a time out process. What ever that was. Heather acted obvious to his presence and he acted like he didn’t care.

 Marcus may have been more my height. He was kid with the crew cut and smile on his face often. His skin was light but his eye’s were dark.

As for the cousins Nikko and Nick of course they looked alike. They both shared the same hazel eyes, dark brown hair, and naturally tanned skin from being out in the sun often. They had laugh lines when they smiled and dimples. Jimmy was the only other black haired kid with dark chocolate eye‘s and one dimple in his cheek when he smiled.

This may have been possibly a month since I attended here and already it was like I had always been here. I loved it here. The tree’s smelled nice and everything was clean here. There were more places to go which were all closer together. The weather generally never got too hot or too cold. That could be because we were in the northern part of California. I hadn’t seen the ocean yet. So that was a plan set for the future.

Otherwise I took a twice a week workout together at the gym with my new buds. That’s how it was, just my new buddies and I. Monday’s and Friday’s after school. Sometimes we worked out in the gym at school but today we were at a gym in town. It had free membership for the first three months. Local’s got charged less on the fee’s. To make thing’s easier we had to flash our passes to the receptionist when we came in.

“I bat for the other team, not to be weird or anything,” I bluntly stated while I ran on the treadmill, “Just thought you should know.”

Nikko who choose to wear his hair in a Mohawk style said, “And none of us really care.” He lifted without breaking a sweat thirty pound dumbbells in each hand. 

“You got your eye’s set on Danny Skye or something?” Jimmy who I couldn’t see at the moment asked.

“There are other gay kids at the school,” Charles spoke up. He was the one on the bow flex.

“Like that dyed blue haired kid,” Nikko grunted as I was sure the weight was taking a toll on him now, “What’s his name?”

“Dean? Jean?” Nick searched his mind, his hair by the way was combed down and over to his left.

“I don’t think he’d be good for Jake,” I heard Jimmy moving around, “He’s too into zombie’s and gore and shit.”

“What about the accented kid whats-his-face?” Nick said moving over by Charles to the mat for pushups. 

“Unless Jake is in to speaking French then I’d give the thumbs up,” Nikko stated but by also giving a thumbs down.

“We could really spice up Jake’s life with some Latino flavor,” Charles got up to join Nick in pushups.

“Nah too possessive and gets jealous too easily,” Nick got on the bow flex at the same time I heard Nikko put down the dumbbells.

“Midwest people are real laid back,” Charles pointed out to everyone. 

“That’s kind of true,” I said, “Kind of annoying really. That’s the life in the suburbs, in the city it’s a different story.”

“I would have said Sean Moss but he was kind of weird,” Nikko walked in front of me with Jimmy for some bench pressing time.

“He moved a few years ago too,” stated Charles.

“You’d have a better chance with me anyway,” winked Nikko.

“Eh, its not really that necessary. I‘m not gonna die if I‘m not with my own kind.” I said slowing the treadmill down to trot. 

My back was itchy from the sweat now. At least my arms weren’t sore due to the move so it wasn’t like I missed anything from working out. It’s amazing how many boxes had to be unpacked and the last delivery took much longer than expected.

“Yeah because we guys working up a sweat is getting Jake hot all over,” Jimmy joined now spotting for Nikko.

Oh boy.

“Heather might think it was hot if I told her I got it on with a guy,” Charles also joined in teasing me.

“Yeah real homoerotic guys,” I got off the treadmill to take up ten pound dumbbells. 

“We got some real man power going on here, Woo!” Nick got up to start flexing.

“Oh yeah Jake,” Nikko already bench pressing grunted with Jimmy hovering, “I bet you like it rough.” He was using the strain of the weight into his voice. “It’ll be like the first time every time.”

Nick ran over by Nikko and Jimmy to continue flexing his abs. Charles joined in doing a gun show. 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,” Nick did an attempt to do an impression of an orgasm.

I shook my head. 

Marcus who hadn’t spoken up this entire time said, “Don’t mind them, they just watched too much porn. Gay porn by the sounds of it.”

“Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,” Nick continued.

       “Jesus,” another kid from our school we didn’t know was there said, “I forgot to bring my video camera with the way you guys are going.”

“You know you want it too,” Charles started shaking his butt at him and Nick slapped it.

“Oh great, now you guys are twerking.” I said hardly able to ignore something like that.

Jimmy and Charles may have been passable if they had the right music playing.

“Shake that ass,” Nick said while doing the robot.

“Shake everything your mama’s gave ya,” Nikko said while joining in and then grabbing handfuls of the back of their shirts. 

Nick then air humped an invisible person.

They really were like this on any normal day.

        It had to be Danny Skye that really made much of anything interesting. Everybody respected and liked Danny Skye. The thing about him was he didn’t even have to take his shirt off to make him interesting. He was really good at chemistry Heather told me. I was just ok at it. I found out he was on the football team too. We never talked or got into the same group. Not all of the in crowd particularly hung out together all the time. There were separate lunch periods. 

That didn’t change the fact that he was on my mind once in a while since our first meeting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'In my book, its not a great book without some silly stuff. So here completes the first chapter. I just learned how to upload a book cover and how to add chapters. This is my first story after all.

Oh and can you guess where the inspiration came from Danny? No? Well I'll post the answer next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 11.5K 17
Danny Meek is forced to return home for his father's funeral in the little town of Prairie, Colorado. Not much has changed for a place he hasn't seen...
1.6M 29.3K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...
22.9K 687 11
First-Person POV: After graduating from college you decided to move to London for a year, but what you didn't expect was to find your future in your...
1.3K 235 39
Alyssa Woods definitely stands out in Florida, being from Wisconsin and all. She hadn't planned on moving to live with her aunt and uncle; who would...