Ensorcell

Galing kay Diabolic_Angel

When the leaves of The Great Tree of Aultonomerinaia fell, a storm of swords and mana shall arise. Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: Apollo Amadeus Edric Altronov
Chapter 2: A Really Long Way
Chapter 3: Pantavir's Bank
Chapter 4: Lothaurl Alley Madness
Chapter 5: Trolls and Chickens
Chapter 6: The Sunder Ceremony
Q&A xD
Chapter 8 - The Queen and the Iron Brother

Chapter 7: The Envoy of the Evil

82 9 7
Galing kay Diabolic_Angel

"Here is the summary of the Sunder Ceremony. Please correct me if I made a mistake, and please do raise your hand when I called your name.", said Professor Altronov.

"Antiochgarpher, Brenda - Piscium Cognatum;
Armaulk, Eren - Tigris Cognatum;
Avery, Hannah - Tigris Cognatum;
Benuila, Ronald - Piscium Cognatum;
Burton, Alexander - Sor Cognatum;
Cleaveshot, Rebecca - Tigris Cognatum;
Codcreek, Clyde - Serpens Cognatum;
Coggertle, Susan - Serpens Cognatum;
Cuaningcomb, Steven - Piscium Cognatum;
Dufflesong, Angelica - Sor Cognatum;
Eaveson, Miranda - Serpens Cognatum;
Fergus, Tom - Tigris Cognatum
Flamel, Drake - Serpens Cognatum;", said Professor Altronov and gave Drake a short nod.

"Greenstorn, Rick… ", Professor Altronov continued. "Sor Cognatum;
Hampshire, Ignacius - Serpens Cognatum;
Higgins, Summer - Serpens Cognatum;
Lungsweep, Mary - Piscium Cognatum…"

* * * * *

While the students started their journey to becoming a wizard, an evil entity made the first step for the succession of her plans.

"Speculus, show me my dear… show me the person that will complete the prophecy.", she said while she brushed the surface of a darkened mirror softly.

"Oh Mirror of Truth, show me what I plead; Oh Mirror of Truth, show me what I dread.", she chanted.

Dark smoke seemed to whirl inside the mirror. Short moments later,an image of a raven-haired boy appeared inside the mirror while talking to a stout fat boy.

"Yes, yes! Do it. Do it!", she exclaimed.

* * * * *

"What took you so long to get out of the maze?", questioned Rick while he rummaged through his luggage.

"I don't know.", answered Drake. "I really don't know what caused me to be trapped there for I think 20 minutes. Is it? Then Professor Altronov came an-"

"20 minutes?! You were out there for almost 3 hours!", exclaimed Rick.

"That can't be… I was just there for a short time!", said Drake. "Oh, and did you know that I…", Drake trailed. He wasn't sure if he can tell Rick about the manticore thing, but he decided not to since he's still doubting if it really punctured his shoulder.

"What is it?", said Rick while they followed the trail of the students leading to the main hall.

"No, nothing. I was just about to ask where the Serpens Dormitory is. You know, I just got sorted with the Codcreek and the Ignacius guy as their roommate.", said Drake.

"That's awful. That Ignacius Hampshire, you should avoid him.", said Rick while he handed his luggage to a goblin peasant.

"By the way, this is a goblin peasant. They will bring our luggages to our respective dormitories. They are paid workers of wizards."

"Here's mine.", said Drake warmly.

The goblin didn't uttered a word and took Drake's luggage; and with a snap of the goblin's hand, followed by a loud crack, the goblin and the luggages evanesced in the air.

After the duo chatted regarding goblin rights and goblins' "greed creed", they finally reached the main hall, at last.

All first years seemed to drool over the amazing structure before their eyes. The circular hall was illuminated by a big mystical ball of fire on the ceiling that seemed cease to exist, as it was painted magically with the image of the sky which matches the weather outside, according to Rick.

Runes and various symbols that glowed a faint green were carved on the walls of the hall. Different portraits of magical people hung on the left side of the hall, while moving statues stood on the right side that waved to students that passed them.

The stone floor of the main hall was divided into five different regions; each of the four in the corner bear carvings of the different creatures that represent the cognatums: a phoenix, a dragon, a tiger and a fish.

At the center of the floor of the main hall laid the carving of the crest of Trantrumeria Academy of Magic.

Magical plants that lift students and staff members of the school were circled in each of the five carvings on the floor; students ocassionally gone up and down through the aid of the plants.

Four land masses floated magically in mid-air, huddled in four different directions, directly above the four creatures that represent each cognatum. Each of the islands were decorated with the theme colors of the Cognatum it beheld.

The Island of the Sor Cognatum was decorated by the colors of orange and yellow; the Island of the Serpens Cognatum was adorned in a bright shade green and a light shade of gray; the Island of the Tigris Cognatum was embellished by the colors of white and blue; and the Island of the Piscium Cognatum is draped with the colors of brown and gold.

At the center, an island hovered higher than the four islands of the cognatum, embellished with a deep shade of red and a bright tint of purple.

After a few moments, the first years started piling to the direction of their own cognatums, stepped on the magical plants and casted the spell "Leviticus".

Rick snapped his fingers in front of Drake which made him flee from his thoughts.

"I said I'm gonna climb up to the Sor Isle. See you later Drake.", said Rick before he made his way to the carving of a phoenix on the floor.

After Drake took his final glance to his newly-acquired friend who ascended to the Sor Isle with ease with the help of which Drake referred as a "mutant plant", he made his way to the direction of the carving of a dragon on the floor of the main hall.

He inched to one of the "mutant plants", stepped on it, and withdrew his wand from the pockets of his robes.

Wand aimed at the plant, he murmured through his breath, "Leviticus!"

He just stood there for moments without moving, as if the moving statues at the right side of the hall is more likely to be called as a living thing.

After some more seconds of idiocy, he tried to cast the spell again.

"Leviticus!", he almost shouted, but it seemed that spellcasting doesn't suit him.

"Leviticus!", Drake shouted louder, enough to catch the attention of almost all individuals in the main hall.

"Wait, you're doing it wrong. The spell to grow Prickleaf plants is…", called a bright-looking, black-haired girl.

The girl ran to Drake's direction and gave him a warm smile.

"It's 'LEE-VEE-TEE-COOS' not 'LE-VEE-TE-CAS'", the girl said.

"And you didn't even moved your wand. Spells need wand movements in order to work, like this.",she added while she did some z-shaped movement with her wand.

"Oh, thank you very much.", said Drake and tried the spell again on an empty Prickleaf plant with the correct incantation and wand movement.

"Leviticus!",Drake said while doing the wand movement.

The plant sprung and ascended to the Serpens Isle.

"Great! You're a fast learner! By the way, my name is Summer Higgins. I am a first year Serpens.", Summer said whileshe scooted to her own "plaNt-form".

"I am Drake Flamel, a first year also.", said Drake.

"Oh! You're the one who stayed inside the maze for eons!", exclaimed Summer. "And you must be connected with the famous Nicholas Flamel!", she added.

"I'm not really sure about the both, but most likely not connected with Nicholas Flamel.", said Drake, not really certain what to say.

"Doesn't matter… We're already friends, right? And yes! We're in the same class.", Summer said happily.

"Of course, you will be my first friend here in Serpens anyway.", replied Drake, although surprised by the girl's enthusiasm.

"You two go up to your respective isles. The welcoming festival is about to start!", scowled an old lady wearing a witch's hat over her really long white hair before she proceeded to the staff isle.

"She is Professor Cordia Gehennam. She is the head of the Serpens Cognatum. No one wondered why she's still single.", said Summer while she tried to sustain a laughter.

The duo started laughing maniacally. Much to Summer and Drake's surprise, they and a small piscium boy who struggled to grow his Prickleaf plant, were the only left on the grounds of the Main Hall.

"You go ahead, I'll just help that kid over.",said Summer and walked towards the carving of a fish on the floor.

"Leviticus!", said Drake while his wand was aimed at the plant, and he finally started to ascend to the Serpens Isle.

* * * * *

Drake's eyes widened as he scanned the whole area. The floating island was decorated with adornments of green tints and gray.

Various portraits hung magically itself, like there's some invisible creature holding it. A portrait of Professor Gehennam hung in the middle of the portraits; her face — as grumpy as the attitude of a "skinned-old-hag-soaked-in-a-table-salt-filled-pit".

Torches held by moving statues of magical people illuminated the area with a faint green fire, making the atmosphere more magical.

At the center of the island stood proudly a human-sized green dragon statue. It flapped it's wings and released a breath of verdure fire upwards, giving a surge of warmth to everyone on the island.

Four long tables surrounded the statue which were filled with students of different ages and nationalities.

Drake huddled to the table with the least number of students. Empty plates laid neatly and orderly on the table.

"Er— Hi!", said Drake, as cheerful as he can sound. However, it only made him sound like a high-pitched neighing horse.

Everyone who sitted on the table jerked their heads into Drake's direction, except a white-haired girl who intensely read a book about charms.

"So, it's true.", said a boy with a lot of freckles on his face.

"Traitor…", said a boy while he clenched his fists.

"Just look at his purple eyes. The color of evil…", said a blonde girl with disgust.

"Wait till I get my hands on him.", said an elder black-haired boy.

Drake didn't know how to react to this kind of "welcome binge", or what he did to receive threatening treats either.

After another round of foul comments about Drake that caught a lot of attention from most of the Serpens students, Summer finally arrived and seated beside Drake.

"So, the straw-minded and the traitor are together! What a surprise!", boomed a voice from another table, followed by the appearance of a grinning Ignacius Hampshire.

"Ignore them.",said Summer to Drake in a firm way.

"Why straw-minded Summer? Don't have enough I.Q. to understand what we're saying?", mocked Ignacius.

Jeers and laughter roared throughout the Serpens Isle.

"I cannot understand why you all are saying those things. But I'm pretty sure that I can cast hexes on you!", scowled Summer while she raised her wand and pointed it at Ignacius.

"Silence! Please.", came a loud booming voice from the Staff Isle.

The whole hall immediately went silent.

"Ms. Higgins, please no dueling in the Main Hall", said Professor Altronov, who stood on a high and angled pedestal, enough for everyone below to see him.

Summer, wand still raised, gave up and pocketed her wand and sat again to her seat.

Professor Altronov cleared his throat. "Another year for magical education means another set of challenges to be conquered...", he started his speech. "Both for the students and their educators." , he added.

"The Trantrumeria Academy of Magic aims to develop your magical skills, to be useful in the future.", Professor Altronov said.

"So you can be ready for everything that waits outside.", said Professor Altronov.

"Welcome First Years! Treat the school as your second home and don't hesitate to call anyone from the staff if there are any problems.", he stated.

"Let the feast begin!", exclaimed Professor Altronov cheerfully, then he descended back to his seat at the Staff Isle.

The empty plates and bowls on the tables before were magically filled with food in an instant. The aroma of the food stretched throughout the vicinity of the hall. The whole hall was suddenly filled with the sound of clattering plates and utensils and chit-chats from the students.

Summer told Drake about some information about the school, types of magic and about the professors the whole time they were eating. While the other students chatted about random things like wizarding bands such as the Charming Thorned Roses or the Heirloom of Necromancy.

After everyone finished their meals, Professor Altronov stood again on his pedestal and spoke, "This day is a really tiring day."

He clapped his hands and the dishes cleaned instantly itself.

"You may go already to your dormitories for tomorrow will be a very special day. Good night everyone.", he said.

Everybody stood up from their seats and and took off from the islands using Prickleaf plants.

When all of the students were already on the grounds, the heads of the cognatums called their respective students and ushered each of them to their dormitories.

"Serpens, follow me.", yelled Professor Gehennam sternly.

She got out of the main hall, so did the students. They entered a door beside the stairs leading to the main hall that lead them to a dark corridor, only illuminated by the small light at the end of the passage.

At last, they reached the door with a glowing dragon etched in the middle.

Professor Gehannam tapped it thrice with her wand and the door swung open. She entered the room and everyone followed her.

At the very end of the room, stood a small wall of grass similar to the ones at the Maze of Hearts.

"Only the powerful can enter.",Professor Gehennam said.

No one dared to uttered a single word as their head of their cognatum spoke.

"Everyone should cast a simple exploding spell to the wall of grass. A true Serpens can blast the grass with ease. Blast it with enough force, so the wall will open up for you next time you wished to enter the dormitories.", she said.

"The incantation for the Exploding Curse is Reicius. REI-SEE-YOOS", she said. "And the wand movement should be like this.", she added while she made some looping movement with her wand.

Their names were called alphabetically and everyone seemed to work well, until Drake's name was called.

Drake stepped in front of the wall nervously and aimed his wand at it.

He tightly gripped his wand and murmured, "Reicius" while he did the wand movement similar to what Professor Gehennam made.

Everyone gasped when the whole concrete wall and the small grass wall blasted into ashes that revealed the room behind the walls.

"That was… amazing Mr. Flamel. ",said Professor Gehennam.

He entered the room and the walls repaired itself and sealed the room again.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

156 82 30
There are many ways to see the Worlds To visit lands unknown Many paths one might take Some with wills of their very own Our tale begins with one suc...
137K 4.2K 38
"It's very hard to grow up in a perfect family when you're not perfect."
23.9K 1.2K 22
There's something happening at Winter's Academy. Students are dying. Fear is rising. And they're trapped. So what does a school full of magically gif...
211 0 31
20 years ago Alice crossed the portal tree into Wonderland. She had tea with Hatter and the March Hare. Or was it all a hallucination from when she f...