Broken

By Gleek4ever15

Harmony Campbell was a good girl until her boyfriend Chase started abusing her. She tried dumping him but he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 7

89 0 0
By Gleek4ever15

It's been a couple weeks since I've known Ben and life couldn't be any better. Chase hasn't found me so I don't have to deal with getting abused. But not only did he save me from Chase. He also saved me from myself.

Before I started dating Chase I was fine. I was the happy, popular girl who was always on the honor roll for school. Once I dated him though that all changed. At first he was nice and caring but after a while of being with him that's when he turned abusive. That's also when everything about me changed. I started cutting myself. I couldn't trust anyone anymore. Not even my best friend who I haven't talked to in years because of it. My grades turned bad. I had to take counselling for a while until I convinced the counselor I was better when the truth was I wasn't better.

Now that Ben has saved me I'm back to my normal self again. I learned to trust people and I haven't cut myself in weeks. I missed being happy.

Currently it's lunch time and I'm sitting next to Ben and his friends. Allison and Emily are still my friends but I don't really talk to them at lunch since my enemy Natalie Hathaway hangs out with them. She hates me because I'm dating Ben and she likes him. I don't have a problem with her though. Personally I think it's stupid to hate me just because I'm dating her crush.

I finished eating my slice of pizza and stood up from the table. "I'll be right back." I started walking away.

"I love you," Ben said. I froze. Did he just say he loves me?

I turned around to face him. "What?"

"I love you."

"You do?" I walked back over to the table.

"Yeah. I have since the day I met you." He grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. "I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too."

I saw his eyes fill with hope. "Really?"

"Yes really."

He smiled. "Oh, thank god!" He kissed me. When we broke apart I sat back down at the table. He wrapped his arm around me.

"You guys are lucky. I wish I could ask Emily out," Zac said.

"Why can't you?" I asked confused.

"He can but he just doesn't want to get rejected," Darren answered for him.

"Yeah. It would ruin my image," Zac agreed.

I laughed. "What image?"

"As the guy who can get any girl he wants." I saw Ben, Darren, and Trent roll their eyes. "In fact, maybe I want you."

That's when Ben pulled me closer to him as if to protect me from someone who wanted to hurt me. "She's mine. Back off." He glared at Zac.

Zac laughed. "Relax. I'm just kidding. I like Emily."

I turned around to look at Ben. "Yeah. You should've known he was kidding." I nudged him with my elbow. "Are you jealous?" I teased.

"Maybe," he mumbled.

I laughed. "Well I would've picked you even if he was serious."

"Hey! Hurtful!" Zac put his hand on his heart faking hurt.

I laughed again. "You know you're my friend but I love Ben."

Ben smiled. "I love hearing that."

The bell rang. I stood up from the table. "See you after school." I started to walk out of the lunch room but he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Wait. Do you want to ditch class with me?"

"No!"

He frowned. "Why not?"

"Because I don't want to get in trouble! Do you always ditch?"

"No, but I wanted to today. I'd rather hang with you than go to class."

"I would too but I don't want to get caught."

"Fine but don't make plans after school."

"I won't."

He smiled. "Good." I walked away again but he stopped me again. "Where are you going?"

"Um... Class?" I said in a duh tone.

"Without a kiss?" He pouted.

I laughed. "Oh, right. Sorry." I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek but instead he kissed me on the lips. A few seconds later we separated. "See you after classes."

He sighed. "Okay."

I walked away and went to my locker. I was grabbing my books when I heard someone say my name. "Harmony!" I turned around and saw Allison coming my way.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I'm having a sleepover tomorrow. Wanna come?"

"Um.. Well... I can't. I'm busy," I lied.

"Natalie's not gonna be there. It'll just be me, you, and Emily."

"Oh. In that case, sure." I smiled.

She smiled back. "Okay. Great." I shut my locker and we headed to class talking.

It's the next day after school and I'm getting ready to go to Allison's sleepover. Ben's talking to me while I pack.

"So how long are you gonna be at Allison's?" he asked.

"I think until noon tomorrow. Why?"

"Because I want to spend time with you."

I laughed. "You spend time with me every day."

"I know." He stood up from his bed, walked over to me, and wrapped his arms around me. "But I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll only be gone for a day."

"Still. I'll miss you."

I smiled. "I'll miss you too."

He smiled back. "Good." He kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." This time I kissed him. Once we separated I continued to pack until everything I needed was in my suitcase, or actually Ben's mom's suitcase that she's letting me borrow. "Well, I'm done packing so I guess I'm gonna go now."

"Okay. Do you want me to drive you since you don't have a car?"

"Yeah, sure." We went downstairs. His mom was in the living room watching tv.

"Mom, we're going to Allison's now," Ben said.

"Wait, you're sleeping over too?" she asked.

He laughed. "Of course not. I'm just dropping Harmony off since she doesn't have a car."

"Oh, okay." We started walking to the door. "Bye Harmony," she called to me.

"Bye Ms. Judge," I said back to her.

Ben opened the door and we went to his car. I slid into the passenger's seat. A few seconds later we were on the road. My hand rested on the console. He reached over and put his hand on mine. We looked at each other and I smiled.

"Do you really have to go to this sleepover?"' he asked.

I laughed. "Yeah."

He frowned. "Why can't you just say something came up and you can't make it?"

I laughed again. "Because that would be mean! Besides, I want to go." I looked at him again. "Are you obessed with me or something?" I joked.

He glanced at me. "Yes."

I laughed once again. "Well if you are, what are you gonna do when we break up?" As soon as I said those words I wished I could take them back. Especially when I saw the hurt look on his face.

"Why? Are you planning on breaking up with me?" he asked.

"Of course not. But Chase is gonna find me eventually."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know what he's like. I've known him for years." We pulled into Allison's driveway. "He'll find me."

"I won't let that happen. I promise."

Anger boiled within me. "No! He knows people who can find me just by my phone number! So don't you dare promise me something you won't be able to keep." I turned to the door but he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"No, wait." I sighed angrily and turned back to him. I crossed my arms. "I don't want you leaving mad at me." There was a short pause. "Look, I know you believe that he's gonna find you. But even if he does I won't let him hurt you. I'm gonna protect you. Besides, I love you and we belong together. I'm not gonna let some jerk ruin what we have." He leaned in a little. "Please believe me."

"Okay."

"Really? Or are you just saying that to make me happy?"

"No. I believe you."

He smiled. "Good 'cause I hate it when you're mad at me." He kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." There was a pause. "I better go."

His smile faded. "Okay."

I grabbed the suitcase and went to Allison's front door. Just as I was about to knock the door swung open. There stood Allison and Emily.

"Hey!" they said cheerfully at the same time.

"Hey." I walked inside. They headed to the stairs so I followed them upstairs to a room.

"This is my room," Allison said. She sat down on the bed. Emily sat on a purple bean bag chair. I just sat on the hot pink fur flooring. "So," she started, "let's gossip."

"Harmony, you're friends with Zac, right?" Emily asked.

"Yeah. He's cool."

She looked down. "Has he ever talked about me?"

"Yes, actually. He does a lot."

Her face lit up. "Really? What's he say?!"

"Just how cool you are. Wait a minute. Do you like him?"

"Yeah. I do."

I smiled. "Well I happen to know he likes you too."

"He does?!"

"Yeah."

She screamed. "I can't believe this! Oh my gosh! I'm so happy now!" She grinned. A few seconds later her smiled faded though. "Wait. How do you know he likes me?"

"Just trust me on this."

"Okay. But what should I do? Should I tell him I like him?"

I thought about it for a second. "No. Let me handle it. I know just what to do."

"Fine but don't do anything embarrassing."

"I won't."

"So now that we're done talking about you and Zac, have you seen Nicola Hastings's new haircut?" Allison asked. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 136 15
Hollie Cavanagh escapes her abusive boyfriend and gets to Murfreesboro, TN where she meets Colton Dixon who she falls for. Will her abusive boyfriend...
3K 170 29
The girl he loves is taken. So the young cowboy goes to Nashville to follow his dreams. He comes to visit and realizes she's being abused and that sh...
16.5K 833 36
"HATE. It has caused a lot if problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet." -Maya Angelou Harmony Waters has grown up in the big city of A...
420K 12.6K 48
Cadence Riley hardly even said a word throughout her whole high school career. With abusive parents she was determined to stay invisible, she didn't...