Bitter Before Sweet [BoyxBoy]

By WisteriaTales

“How do you feel when you finally realized that the person meant to be with you is currently giving love to a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Final)

Chapter 14

21.7K 928 124
By WisteriaTales

Chapter 14

Secret Admirer’s POV

I wanted to meet Blake Wyse personally. I needed to tell him how much he meant to me. Now, he wouldn’t know who I was but it was fine. I could continue to watch over him. I needed a plan to get rid of his so-called boyfriend Clyde Vollmer fast. Clyde was a player, a promiscuous son of a bitch. He didn’t deserve my angel, Blake.

I knew Blake’s class schedule. I knew which one was his car. I knew how he preferred waffles with chocolate and banana toppings. I knew he loved photography and I collected all his photo prints whenever there was an art and nature exhibitions where his photos were up for sale to help fund the research he was currently in. I knew he was gay which was perfect for me. I wasn’t before. But once I got to know him, he changed me. He made me gay. But that was fine. Because it meant he was destined for me.

I found out they both were together a week before this which made me so mad. Why didn’t I know about it? I was supposed to know everything about Blake. I crushed my cigarettes underneath my shoe and walked away from the parking lot when I saw two silhouettes moved together behind Blake’s curtained window. I cursed mentally when I realized they were both Blake and Clyde.

I fisted my hand so hard until it bled. Blake Wyse will be mine soon. All mine and not even Clyde can stop me.

888888888888888888888888

Lewis’ POV

My neck was still hurting when I went back to my room. I cursed that pretty boy Blake for taking Clyde away from me. Granted, Clyde had lots of exes and I was one of them but I was the only freshman he dated. And we only lasted for 2 weeks. I didn’t understand why. I was rich. My parents always listened to me. Why didn’t he? I could give him everything, cars, high end apartments. Even a job at any top company of his choice. Really, all he needed to do was say the word and I would grant it.

I felt intimidated when I heard that the good boy Blake was going out with the bad boy Clyde. Sounded like a perfect teen movie. But what got me over the edge was when every time I saw Clyde with Blake, his eyes lightened up like a nuclear bomb. And he would always try to hold Blake’s hands even though the damned freshman didn’t want to.

I gritted my teeth. I wanted Clyde. I loved him way before he noticed me. I had always got what I wanted. I had seen him in clubs my mother owned before and we even spoke once. He didn’t remember it when I told him about it. But that was fine. I had my own ways to get Clyde back. To get rid of Blake will be one of them.

888888888888888888888888

Blake’s POV

Both of us shivered when we realized the blanket fell off the bed. I grudgingly bended over the bed and grabbed it back and cover us both again. “When’s your first class, Clyde?” I asked. I loved how his name rolled easily in my mouth.

He was awake but he was staring dead at me. “Morning, beautiful,” he said and grinned. I pecked his lips and repeated my question. He wondered for a while. “I got only one class today at 3,” he replied, trailing down my arm with his lips. I was so smitten with how he treated me. He would do these little gestures. Butterfly kisses on my hands, finger running through my temple, playing the short hair there and how he would rearrange my jacket or shirt. I loved how attentive he was to me and honestly, I was a one track mind. I would only focus on one thing and ignore the rest. Clyde wasn’t like that. His eyes were only on me.

When I told Clyde about that he said I was wrong and that I was the one who gave him full attention. When I asked him what it was he didn’t answer but just gave me this cheeky smile like he knew a secret.

“Yours at 10, right?” he said, yawning and stretching his body, the blanket fell lower to his navel. I gulped at the sight. I turned away and I heard him chuckle. “Aren’t you a little bit too late to be shy around this, are you?” he said. I smacked his chest and he curled up and hissed in pain.

“Oh God, did I hit you too hard? Sorry, it was reflex—“ I felt both of his hands pulled at my arms so I was on top on him.

“This is reflex, too,” he teased and kissed my nose. “Jerk!” I uttered at bit his shoulder. He hissed again and I bit harder before I let go. I smiled at him and smacked his head softly. “Let’s get up,” I said and started to get up when I felt his length between my buttocks. I rolled my eyes.

He smirked. “Oh, I’m up alright.”

888888888888888888888

Clyde’s POV

Blake and I couldn’t meet up for lunch and I already missed him. See how I got it real bad? I figured I might as well as went to the library and read some magazines while waiting for my class to start. I went in and gave a short nod to the old librarian and she smiled at me.

I went around the counter and walked towards the lounge area where all the newspapers, magazines of all types and novels for light reading were located. I slumped down on one of the bean bags lying around after taking few magazines with me.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a man standing near the counter, smiling to the old librarian. Matthew Doyle. At first I thought he was the sender of the small memo. But something about the memo didn’t quite fit him. Doyle was still young, around the same age was Ivan maybe. His looks were quite okay. He would just go up to Blake and asks him out. He was that kind of man.

The one who sent the memo would be someone who wanted Blake’s attention as he came to his room by himself. Which meant the man wasn’t afraid to be seen together with Blake. He would be a good pretender. I almost shivered at the thought. I had about a month left before leaving college, who would take care of him? Should I continue my study and take master? This meant we both will be leaving college at the same time.

However I wanted to do my own thing, creating and worked my brains to do some technical stuff. I was done with papers. I was a practical guy. I grabbed a nature magazine and flipped it. A small piece of paper fell from some of the pages. I leaned forward to grab it then I froze.

It was the same yellow memo in Blake’s room yesterday. I tried to dismiss it as a coincidence because this kind of memo was available to all and was sold in the campus stationary store. But then I saw a certain word on the memo scribbled across and over each other with the same handwriting, as if a psychopath had written it.

Blake Wyse. Blake. Blake. Wyse. Blake Wyse. Blake.

To be honest, it was fear that held me there. I felt my heart beat fast and my fingers were turning cold. I took a deep breath and leaned back, crumpling the cursed paper into my pocket.

“Hey, Clyde,” a voice made me jumped. I looked up and saw someone familiar. I frowned at him and he frowned back but then carved a knowing smile. “Figured you don’t remember me. We used to date like only for 2 weeks,” he said. I racked my brain trying to remember, and then it hit me.

I nodded at him and gave him a friendly smile. “Hey, Lewis. What’s up?” I asked. He shrugged but I noticed his body language. “How’s your study?” I asked again. “Good, like normal. Just can’t wait to get the finals over. My parents and I are going to Maldives for the semester break,” he answered, lowering his voice so only both of us could hear. “Cool,” I replied.

“What about you? Any plans for the adult life? You’re graduating soon, right?” he asked. I almost sighed. He knew I wasn’t going to go out with him anymore since I told him that rule before we dated. “Yea, I do have some plans,” I answered simply. “Well, I was thinking…do you want to go to with me? With my parents? To Maldives, I mean? You would need a break,” he suggested.

That was what I meant. I smiled at him and shook my head slowly. “Sorry, Lewis. I already had plans. I’m not rich like you so I can’t afford to cut some slack. I hope you’ll understand,” I said. He looked disappointed. “Well, can’t do anything about it then. Bye, Clyde,” he said and left. I waved a hand to him and sighed silently. Lewis was a good kid. Just a little spoiled, like he thought he could have everything. But I was glad he wasn't pushy like some other people I dated.

I had to cut my part time job’s hour short since I needed to focus on my study now. Funny that seeing Blake so dedicated to his study, I was influenced as well. In a good way, of course. So I only went to work on Saturdays and Sundays, until the finals ended. I got a small position at local electrical company just to support me for few months before my convocation until I got the green light on my internship.

There were 30 minutes left but I decided to leave anyway.  The library wasn’t really far from my faculty so I just walked. My phone started ringing and it was from Blake.

“Let me hear your heavenly voice, what’s up?’ I started. He groaned and I chuckled at that.

“I have a wee bit of a problem…but I can wait until you’re done with class. See you at the dorm’s cafeteria at five something,” he said. “What problem?” I cut him before he could hang up. I heard him gave a short sigh. “Something you will not like. I’ll show it to you,” he answered.

“Show?” I inquired again. “Yes. Just thought I should tell you first. Ok? See you later,” he said and mocked a kiss. I grinned at that and said goodbye. Show? What could it be? He said it was something that I would not like. And thanks to that, I could barely focus in class but even though we had a surprise pop quiz I had aced it. Hoped I could do the same for my finals soon.

I immediately drove back to my dorm and parked it when I saw Blake just came down from the dorm. “Blakey!” I called out. He looked around trying to find the source of my voice. Then he spotted me and grinned. He beckoned me to come over and I did. “What is it that you’re dreaded to show me?” I asked as we walked next to each other to the cafeteria.

He mumbled something and took out something from his jeans. It was a folded letter size paper with printed words on it. Looked similar to a letter. “Well, someone finally thinks we’re no good together and that you deserve better. Found this in my notebook when I was at the library this afternoon,” he said. I frowned at him when he passed it to me. I held on to it until we got inside the café and ordered mochas and some sandwhiches.

When we sat down at a far corner of the café so we can discuss this privately, I unfolded the letter and began reading it.

I know you, Wyse. News has gotten around that you’re dating Clyde. People are saying that Clyde is serious about you and that this is unlike what Clyde normally does. Stop flattering yourself. You of all people know you don’t deserve him. Just you wait. You will be in his lists of exes so don’t hope too much. What about if you just break up with him before you get hurt. Emotionally and physically.

And that was it. I folded back the letter and put it on the table. Blake drank his iced mocha and peered up to me. “Are you scared?” I asked. His lips left the straw and looked at the letter. “Not on your life,” he grinned. My heart soared at his statement. “I mean, every relationship has its risk and problems and tests or whatever you want to call it. This is one of them. I’m not backing down.”

I smiled at him and rubbed his hand with mine. He grabbed one of the sandwiches and ate it. “And, I too have something to show you,” I declared. He scowled when he saw me took out two small crumpled up memo and placed them on the table. “What are these?” he asked.

“You got a stalker,” I said. He read one by one and tossed the last on to the table. “Shit. Now I understand how Ivan felt.”

I was grateful for his sense of humour and that he wasn’t freaking out or anything. “How did you get this?” he asked. “Got one last night at your door. Someone apparently tried to give it to you personally but you weren’t there so while waiting for you I held on to it. This one I just found it, accidentally in one of the magazines in the library this afternoon.”

Okay, I already felt a burning sensation on my face. “Last night? And you didn’t think of telling me about it? Were you planning not to tell me anything?” he asked, while chewing on his sandwich angrily. I gazed up to look at him and smiled apologetically. “I was just…”

He looked at me menacingly but waited for me to continue. “I didn’t want you to freak out…”

“Well, I am now.”

“And I apologize. I always forget how strong you are,” I continued, suddenly feeling ashamed for assuming he would be scared or freaked out. I lowered my gaze and fiddled with my sandwich. He was unmoved and after a while, I heard a soft sigh coming from him. “Clyde,” he started. “I understand and appreciate that you’re looking out for me. But remember, if there’s anything that bothers me I will tell you. I don’t care if it bothers you. I’m selfish like that. Heck, I didn’t even know I’m like this.”

I waited as he seemed to be struggling with his words. “What I’m trying to say is, if it involves me please share whatever concerns you have with me. I want to know. I need to know. And I’ll do the same with you,” he shocked me my lacing his fingers with mine. He was the type to not share PDA and somehow it warmed me how he was opening up.

I smiled and brought his hands to my lips, kissing his knuckles gently. I peered up and saw his cheeks beginning to turn pink, just like the first day I did this to him at the park.

A loud cough interrupted us and I felt like killing whoever it was.

“Hands off.”

The threatening tone in the voice was enough for me to drop Blake’s hands by reflex without looking to see who it was. Blake rolled his eyes and smacked Ivan’s arm who sat down next to him. I turned and saw Gavin smiled apologetically at me while putting down a tray of their drinks and sat next to me opposite Ivan’s.

“What’s this?” Ivan snatched the folded papers and read one of them before Blake and I could do anything. I leaned back towards my seat and waited for his lashing while Blake was covering his face with his hands. Gavin noticed the change in Ivan’s face and looked at me. “What’s that?”

We knew better than to stop Ivan so we let him read the rest of the memo. “Guess it runs in the family,” I heard Blake muttered lowly but Ivan heard him. “Well, shit.”

“Indeed,” I said. He looked up at me. “Which one is which?”

Blake pointed to the computer printed letter. “Both are for me.”

I could see Ivan looked confused. “The yellow one seems to be Blake’s secret admirer while the yellow is wants him to keep away from me. Either way, all letters are meant for Blake while I found both the yellow notes,” I explained.

“Well, you might receive another one soon,” he concluded. Blake glared at him. “What? Which one?” Ivan pointed at the yellow memo. “This guy is persistent.”

88888888888888888888888888888888

Wow! Over 100 reads! Thank you so much you guys! This story is the first one I wrote after years of not writing anything. So, I apologize if you find it messy (I know I did!). I'm currently doing grammar practices to improve myself so I could write better and hopefully produce more stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 403 16
{Complete, 14 Chapters & an Epilogue} How does it feel loving a person who has a serious mental problem? Due to a traumatic past, Lyle lost all his m...
2.1M 53.5K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
77 19 19
Warnings: Strong language use, mention of assault, mention of rape. Read at your own risk. Soulmates are your other half. They were bested upon you b...
186 12 9
A serial killer as-well-as a top student at his former school. Being blinded by his mother's selfish desires, he ends up choosing a path that could u...