Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!

119K 1.8K 356
By _justanotherwriter_

do you guys just ever procrastinate so hard its just like ugh. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

After quickly peeking once more at the slumbering girls, I stepped outside onto the porch, where Taylor was standing, arms crossed. 

"Ready?" 

"This will be nothing," I smirked. 

Little did Taylor know what I really meant by that. 

We walked over to the pier, where Alex, Chase and Mark were. 

"Taylor?" I softly asked, trying to make my eyes bigger and more innocent. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I tell you something over there?" I gestured to the edge of the pier. "It's a secret." I sent him a flirty grin with a wink. I snuck a peek at Alex who looked livid. I felt bad doing this, but he was going to thank me! 

Taylor grinned. "Sure." We walked over, facing the lake, our backs turned the group. I placed my hand on his lower back. 

"Before I tell you, I want you to stand on your tippy toes and put all your weight in front," I said calmly. 

Taylor shot a weird look but did it. I grinned at him. "Have a nice swim." 

And with that, I pushed him into the water. 

He came up, spluttering and splashing. "CASS! What the effing hell?" 

I didn't respond, as I was laughing too hard. Alex and the rest of the boys were also dying. 

"You actually thought I would skinny dip? You pig!" I roll my eyes at him, sticking out my tongue. 

"But-" 

"She's my aunt, Taylor. I told her what happened and she completely believed me." 

"Ugh!" He let out a scream of indignation as he swam over to the shore. I grabbed Alex's hand and we ran, but not before I heard Taylor yell, "It's on, Williams! You better watch your back!" 

***************************************************************************************************************

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

I screamed, my eyes shooting open and my hand automatically went into a fist, punching the area the startling noise came from. My fist made contact with someone and I caught my breath. Who the hell wakes someone up like that? 

With my hand over my heart, I turned to the person on the floor. Alex, with the airhorn still clutched in his hand. "You idiot!" I snap, scowling out him. 

He gives me a pained smile, obviously still hurt from my blow. "Love you too." 

 I roll my eyes and stood up, helping him up. "Where is everyone?" I look at the unmade bunks all around me. 

"They're at breakfast. That's why I came to wake you up. I shook you, hell, I even kissed you! The airhorn thing was the last thing I thing I could think of." 

I blush at the mention of Alex kissing me, but still quickly shove him out of the cabin. "Be there in 5." 

I throw on a simple black v-neck and khaki shorts, lacing up my converse and putting my hair up in a high pony. 4 minutes later, I was headed to the mess hall. Entering, I immediately noticed Taylor scowling, pushing some eggs around his plate. A grin appeared on my face at the thought of last night. Still smiling to myself, I grabbed some eggs, toast and coffee and headed over to the counselor's table, taking a seat between Alex and Taylor. 

"Hey, Tay-Tay," I tease as I begin eating. 

"Hey, CC." He grins back. 

I frown. "Only Alex gets to call me that. And why the sudden mood change?" 

"I'm not telling you anything. Just that you should watch your back," and with that final threat, Taylor winked and got up from the table, leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

What's the worst that could happen with a hot teenage boy bent on revenge with you the whole day? 

Gulp. 

***************************************************************************************************************

The first thing that Scorpions had was arts and craft. Leading the boys with Taylor leading the girls, we entered the alloted cabin. It looked like we were making cards to give to your friend. How sweet. 

Sighing, I took a seat next to a brunette boy and began to make a card for Alex, chuckling under my breath. I helped the kids around me and glanced at Taylor a couple times. He was grinning and helping the little girls giggling around him. Who knew that a guy so great around kids could be a jerk? 

A little boy with shaggy hair pulled me out my thoughts. He looked like he was barely ten and glanced up at me shyly with adorable little blue eyes. 

"Cass?" He tugged on my arm. 

"Hm?" 

"I made this for you," he thrust out his card. 

"Aw, it's lovely, but," I stop to glance at the red head looking almost heartbroken in our direction, "I think that Hannah over there would like it even more." 

"But I made it for you!" 

"And I love it, but I really think that Hannah needs a card. She seems to be a little upset, right?" I try, cocking my head to the side. 

He ponders this for a minute, then breaks out in a grin. "Okay!" 

I watch as he runs over to Hannah and gives her to card. She grins and blushes. I literally think I was going to die with all the cuteness here! 

Smiling at them, I felt someone's eyes at me. Looking around, my eyes locked with Taylor's. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he leaned against the door frame. 

I stare for a second, then glance away, creeped out. There was something about Taylor. Something that he was hiding. And I was going to figure it out. 

**************************************************************************************************************

The next thing on the list was team building. This took place outside, on an clearing near the woods. We all had to write one thing hat nobody knew about us and place it into an hat. Then Aunt Kathy would read aloud each thing and we all had to guess who it was. 

Aunt Kathy finally said mine. "I'm afraid of the future." 

There was shouts at people guessed and murmurs. One voice rang out above all the others. "Cass! She wrote it!" I turned my head to see Taylor smirking at me. 

I just narrow my eyes at him. Yup, he definitely had a secret. 

After team building, we had lunch. I told Alex about my morning and he told about his morning, carefully leaving out parts about Juliet. I noticed this but didn't say anything, fearing drama. 

After lunch, we had canoeing with the Sharks, Chase and Belle's group. We had to take partners, but a girl was crying for Belle, so I couldn't be with her, and Taylor was obviously out of the picture, so I was stuck with Chase. Sighing, I got into the boat as he pushed us into the water, carefully getting into the back of the canoe himself. He paddled in silence to the middle of the lake, not uttering a word to each other. 

"That was pretty awesome what you did last night." 

I carefully turn around, boat swaying as I did. "Thank you?" I respond, confused. 

"Well, I mean, the way you stood up to Taylor. Not many people have the guts to do that." He shrugged. 

"Okay..." I trail off again, uncertainly. 

"So, you and Alex, huh?" He leans back, cocking an eyebrow at me. 

"Yeah," I blush, a small smile on my face. 

"So what's the story?" 

"What story?" I ask, confused. 

"The story of how you two met. You don't really seem like the type to go out with a guy like him. Something must have happened." 

I frown. "I don't think I should-" 

"Come on. You can trust me." (Gif on the right ---->). 

So I tell him everything. I must admit it felt good to tell someone everything from start to finish. When I was finished, he whistled through his teeth. "That's a hell lot of dates." 

I grin, splashing him with bit of water. "Shut up." 

We end up talking for the rest of the time, just about random stuff and I learned a lot about him, like how he has a sister, Belle is a family friend of his, and how him and Taylor go way back. 

The whistle finally signaled, telling us to come back in. As we were paddling, I heard the final piece of advice Chase gave me. 

"Just a warning. Taylor will get you back. And it won't be pretty." 

***************************************************************************************************************

The last activity for the day was archery, which I had with the Tigers, Alex and Juliet's group! Yes! 

As we carefully watched the kids to make sure they weren't killing each other, Alex called me over. "Want to try?" 

I shrugged. "Sure, why not? I can try to be Katniss one day." 

I bring my hand back and the arrow flies straight into the ground. I curse under my breath and was about to try again, but Alex comes from behind, placing one of his hands on mine and the other on my waist. I take a sharp intake of air, butterflies exploding in my stomach. 

"Like this," he whispers, gently and lets the arrow go flying. With a smack, it hits the target. 

I turn my head to the side. "Did you make me try this to just help me like that?" I raise an eyebrow. 

"No. Maybe. Yes." Alex shyly grins. 

"Ugh, you're too cute." I give him a peck and resume helping the kids. 

After dinner and showers, there is a bonfire. Dressed in denim jeans and a sweatshirt, I herd the giggling girls to the the bonfire area, where all the other campers have already gotten seated. 

"Okay!" Mark clapped his hands together. "Time for a spooky story." He wiggled his eyebrows, standing up on a tree stump. I quickly sat down next to Alex, who wrapped an arm around me. 

"Way, way back, a boy named Ethan attended this very camp. He was a good kid. But one of the counselors wasn't. Evan was on the run from the cops, having murdered several people and robbed banks. The camp was a perfect place to hide. As Evan was on the phone in the woods with one of his colleagues, discussing how to bury a body, he saw Ethan petrified, standing next to a tree. Evan strangled Ethan with a rope and buried his body far in the woods. And every year, it's said that Ethan comes back to get revenge on his killer, murdering everyone in his wake with a rope. And it just so happens that tonight is his death anniversary. So, you kids better look behind you, cause who knows?" Mark ended the tale with a dark grin and sat back down. I shivered, partly because of the cold, and partly because of the story. What? It was creepy! Shaking my head, I began to toast my marshmallow in the fire, warming up. 

It felt nice, Alex laughing next to me, sitting by the lake. It was one of those moments that you just want to freeze and live through over and over again. Closing my eyes, I rested my head on Alex's shoulder. A few moments passed and Alex interrupted my blissfullness. 

"CC?" 

"Hm?" 

"Your marshmallow is on fire," Alex whispered. 

My eyes flew open and I blew out the fire on the sticky treat. Grumbling to myself, I put the burned marshmallow into a s'more and began to eat it. 

***************************************************************************************************************

After assuring all the girls in my cabin that Ethan wasn't going to rise from the death numerous times, they all managed to fall asleep, including me. It had even began to rain, sheets of it beating down on the cabin. There was a knocking on our door and all the girls shot awake. 

"H-hello?" I called out timidly, trying to keep the girls calm, even though I was freaking out myself. 

Was it Ethan? Coming to find Evan? 

Suddenly, something was banging on the door, the cabin shaking. The girls screamed, clutching each other. I walked carefully over the door, heart pounding. Suddenly, the door swung open and a flash of lighting illuminated a young boy, with a dark ring around his neck. 

Shrieking bloody murder, I stumbled backwards, tripping over my own two feet and falling to the floor. The kids, to say the very least, were yelling and crying. 

I shut my eyes tight, praying that the girls would be safe and that being strangled to death wouldn't hurt much. 

But then I heard laughing. Slowly, I peeked through my lashes. Taylor was standing behind the boy, our cabin door now closed. 

"That was amazing, Zeke!" Taylor high-fived the boy, who was now grinning. 

Those-those-butts! 

I scramble to stand up. "You-you imbecile! Do you have any idea of how much you scared me and the rest of the girls?" 

"Yes, I do. That was sort of the point," Taylor laughs. "Revenge, my dear Cassandra, revenge." 

I grin at him. "You're going to reap what you sow." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

What do y'all think? 

I made a twitter: @_justanother42_ Follow for updates and stuff! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...
603 3 70
*EDITING* Alex is a normal 17 year old girl, she has amazing friends and the perfect boyfriend to match. That's is until Chase Matthews comes crashin...
4.1M 62.6K 48
**BOOK FIVE of "The Taylor Family Series"** Aidan Taylor was left to raise his daughter Maci after the sudden death of his wife Callie on the day the...
57.9K 3K 45
**Sequel to Taylor Ever After** While Fatima has called it quits on her marriage on the cusp of an emotional breakdown, Zac is forced to deal with t...