The Pretty Boys

By GladysVanessa

Zariah McCalister, has no idea what's she's getting herself into when she transfers to Cambridge Over-Sea's A... More

The Pretty Boys
Chapter 0.0: Airplane Mishap
Chapter 0.2: Ms. Stares-A lot
Chapter 0.3: X Never Goes With Y
Chapter 0.4: Writtled Scars & V-Shape Lines
Chapter 0.5: Pretty Boy Nerd Tease
Chapter 0.6:T R O U B L E
Chapter 0.7: Pepper Spray & Motorcycles
Chapter 0.8: Mind Teasing & Hipster Glasses
Chapter 0.9: You're A Good Boy
Chapter 1.0: The Side Effect Of Aaron Taylor
Chapter 1.1: Boys & Skanks
Chapter 1.2: When You Go Bonkers, Kill Someone
Chapter 1.3: With Ears You See, & Eyes You Hear.
Chapter 1.4: Secret Diaries Make The Perfect Superman
Chapter 1.5: The Future Pretty Boy Baby Kidnapping
Chapter 1.6: The Devil's Backbone
Chapter 1.7: Dancing With The Devil
Chapter 1.8: You Don't Hurt People You Love

Chapter 0.1: Welcome To Cambridge Academy

38.5K 1.3K 259
By GladysVanessa

Our luggage began to appear after that. I stepped towards the luggage carrier since my bags were the first to pop out. I took hold of my two black suitcases, and began to walk away from the rest of the people waiting impatiently for their luggage.

Aaron had picked up a small duffle bag. Throwing it on his back, he walked up to me. If that was all he brought why didn’t he just take it with him on the plane? It would have saved him time. 

“Mind if I help you with one of your suitcases?” I heard him say as we stepped foot outside of the airport.

“No, I got it,” I smiled.

From the airport I had to catch a taxi to the port of Tampa. Cambridge Academy was on a giant cruise, so I would be learning educational things while traveling the sea. It sounded interesting when Zac, my twin brother, was explaining it to me when he got accepted there. He had gotten kicked out of the school we were attending for fighting the principals’ son.

It took a view begs and tearjerkers to finally convenience my parents to let me transfer here. Without Zac being around home and school felt different. I needed him around to feel in place. 

Aaron whistled and a taxi stopped right away. He stepped forward giving me a glance.

“Are you coming?” He asked.

“I have to go to the port of Tampa. I doubt you are going towards that direction,”

Aaron opened the door to the taxi. “That’s actually exactly where I’m going,” He grinned.

I found it a bit difficult to believe him. Either he found some type of interest towards me or he was going to kidnap me. He could be those types of guys that lure innocent girls with his charming smiles, and then takes them to be sold into the sex trafficking.

He noticed the concern look on my face. Obviously he would be thinking the same if he was in my shoes. No girl who was smart enough would throw herself inside a taxi with a guy she met three hours ago, it was a bit crazy.

“I’m a student at Cambridge,” He spoke out.

“How do I know you aren’t lying,” I said giving him a narrowed look.

He let out a sigh. He pulled out his wallet and hands me his student I.D. It looked legit; I was sure a person who kidnaps girls wouldn’t go through the trouble to make a fake Cambridge I.D.

Aaron grabbed one of my suitcases from my grip and rolled to the trunk of the taxi. With the help of the driver, Aaron and him placed my luggage inside. I stood on the side staring at his I.D. He looked young on here, his hair was long down to his neck, and if I’m not wrong he had a lip piercing.

Quietly, Aaron snatches his card back from me and places it back into his wallet.

“I was going through a phase,” He mutters, letting me enter the taxi first.

Whichever that phase was; I was a bit happy he was over it. I couldn’t imagine him with a lip piercing and long hair now. That image didn’t go well with his personally at all.  

The taxi ride was quiet. Aaron was staring out of his side mirror, and I was doing the same. Tampa was a pretty nice place. It was different than Texas, but I could see myself living her after college.

“Hey, we never finished our game.” Aaron said suddenly.

A small smirk plastered on my lips. “Right, who’s turn was it?”

“Yours,” He said quickly.

I twisted my mouth to the side. Since Aaron and I were going to be in the same school, I should learn a bit more about him. I wondered what was his reputation on Cambridge. He clearly was a returning student, although I’m confused why he isn’t at school.

Cambridge worked a bit different then normal high schools. They went by quarters then semesters. The first quarter had just finished and after thanksgiving was the second quarter.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” I said deciding to ask him the question.

He shrugged. “Between the week of vacation we got I left to go spend the holidays with my dad,” He sounded a bit unpleased.

I’m guessing his parents were divorce by the sour expression on his face. I bet his holidays weren’t as pleasing as he wished they were. He recovered from the unpleasant thoughts smiling.

“What made you want to transfer to Cambridge?”

There were many reasons why I wanted to leave the hell-hole of the high school I was in. First one being, without Zac there protecting me, the girls would pick on me. They would bother me by pushing me in the hallways, and sometimes dumping their food on me. I was pathetic. While Zac was there the bullying was at ease, since he was dating one of the cheerleaders, but once he left I was their only target.

I never told my parents what was happening. My mom would have wanted to sue the school and I really wasn’t up for the attention of that. So I applied for Cambridge for the second-quarter and I got accepted.

“My twin brother goes there,” I simply said, not wanting to tell him about my past experience in high school.

“Let me guess, your twin brother is Zac,” he said with a bit of amusement in his voice.

I nodded. ”Yeah, how did you know?”

He clapped his hands together chuckling. “Oh you know he’s a male version of you. When I first saw you on the airplane I knew you reminded me of someone!”

Aaron had just told me Zac was a male version of me. I didn’t know how I wanted to take that. Zac was my twin brother, but I wondered if he was referring to I looked like a male but the only difference is I had boobs.

“Are you saying I look like a guy just with boobs?” I said defensively.

His smirk dropped instantly. “No! I didn’t mean it like that!” he exclaimed. “You two are obviously twins so you have similar characteristics, that’s all,” He tried to save himself.

He was lucky the taxi had stopped at the port, if not I would have bombed him with questions. He immediately got out the taxi embarrassed by his mistake. I grabbed my bag and got out the taxi. While Aaron and driver pulled out my bags, I was taking out my wallet.

Once the taxi driver closed his trunk he looks at Aaron and tells him the fee. I quickly sprint towards them handing the man forty dollars.

“Here, keep the change,” I said, winning a glare from Aaron.

The taxi driver reached out for the money but Aaron took it away from me. “I’m paying for the fee,” He stated.  He hands the taxi driver a fifty, and lets him keep the change.  The taxi driver thanks him and get back into his car.

I stood there glaring at him. “Is my money not valuable?” I scoffed.

“Oh calm down, how would I look like letting you pay? Plus, I was the one who offered for you to ride with me,” He says grabbing one of my suitcases and rolling it onto the pier.

Aaron was a special guy.

I followed behind him, not saying another word. My stomach turned into a knot again as we approached closer to the giant white cruises. This was it. I was given the opportunity to start fresh, and I needed to take advantage of that. Cambridge was going to be my new chapter; scary-cat Zariah wasn’t going to be a part of this chapter any longer.

The rest of this year was going to be an unforgettable one. I was planning on making up for all the three years I lost stuck in my room crying.  We stepped on the ramp and walked inside the cruise.

I imagined the place to be hectic and loud with new students, but the hall was quiet. A few new students were waiting in line to sign in, while other students were peeking to see the fresh meat come in.

One thing I notice was, the moment Aaron walked inside, and all eyes were glued on him. He acted normally though, shrugging off the stares as if he was used to them already. He stops behind this blonde chick, and looks over at me.

“Once you’re sign in, they’ll tell you where you need to go,” he explained setting aside my luggage.

Suddenly I felt like a small child being left in pre-k the first day of school. I had no clue what I needed to do, or where they were going to send me. Zac had promised he would be waiting for me by the entrance, but I didn’t even believe since he can’t make it on time to anything.

Aaron had been kind to me up to this point and if he could be kind enough to stick with me, until I knew what I needed to do, then I would feel much better. Thinking he was going to leave, he didn’t. He actually stood aside with my luggage, reclining on the wall, waiting for my turn.

A few minutes later it was my turn. The skinny lady smiled cheerfully at me.

“Hi, Welcome to Cambridge, what’s your name honey?” She said looking at me attentively.

She had her hair up in a bun, and was wearing a bit of make-up. She didn’t look old enough to even be done with college yet. She was giving off the, I hate this job- type of vibe.

“Zariah McCalister,” I smiled back.

She was going to look for my name on the enrollment list, when something caught her attention. She asked me to move to the aside, and glared at Aaron. He was grinning amusedly at her.

“Feet off the wall,” She frowned. “Why are you even waiting here? You’re already enrolled to the school!” She scolded him.

He moved from the wall and joined me. “I’m waiting for my new friend Katherine,” He lingered her name.

By the nasty look she gave me, I could tell Aaron wasn’t just a pain in the ass for her. I nervously looked away from her stare. I was beginning to feel, as having Aaron around me wasn’t such a good idea.

“Isn’t that sweet of you,” She snickered.

Aaron leaned on the table, looking at her dead in the eyes. “Katherine, please, don’t keep the other students waiting in line,” he teased.

“Since you want to play like the innocent one Aaron, why don’t you escort Zariah to her dorm room, and then go lock yourself in yours!” She blurted out, handing me the key to my dorm.

“Second floor, west wing,” She told me, and called out for the next student.

Well that was rude of her. Aaron grabbed my suitcase again, while I grabbed my other one, and I followed him to my dorm. Did girls usually get that aggravated with Aaron?  I had to theories going through my mind; one Katherine was Aaron’s ex-girlfriend. Or two, she really did hate him.

“Sorry about Katherine,” He finally spoke up. “She gets mad at me real easily,”

“Is she your ex-girlfriend or something,” I couldn’t stop myself from asking him. I covered my mouth with my hand.  Damn it! Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut when needed?

He turns his head back a bit, not fully looking at me. “No. She has a crush on me or used too one of those two, but she isn’t my type,” He shrugged it off like nothing.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but he has a specific type? Don’t get me wrong, Katherine wasn’t an ugly girl, she was very pretty. Pretty enough to be Aaron’s girlfriend, but I was making assumptions here, I didn’t know the guy very well.

Who knew maybe he likes the girls who like to play hard to get? How the hell am I suppose to know. I was used to seeing Zac have girls throwing them-selves at him, and he gratefully took advantage of that. It seemed odd to me for a guy not to do such a thing, weren’t they suppose to take advantage of girls who liked them?

We got onto the elevator and he pressed the button to the second floor. Once the metallic doors open, the group of students who were near the elevator, stopped laughing and stared at us. In fact every person who I made eye contact with was staring right at Aaron and me.

I kept my stare on the ground, avoiding their creepy stares much as possible. One thing was for sure, Cambridge could be an overseas academy but the people still acted like the noisy students in high schools.

“Aaron,” I heard a familiar voice.  I snapped my head up to see Zac standing in front of Aaron. Once he see’s be standing behind Aaron a huge smile appears on his face. “I see you met my twin sister,” he glances at Aaron.

Aaron turns around and nods. “Yeah, she’s your twin alright.” He chuckles.

What did he mean by that?  Zac walks over to me, smothering me with one of his bear hugs. I pretended to hate it, but we both knew I loved them. His hugs were like medication to me, if I were sad, happy, angry, with just one of his hugs my whole mood would change.

“I can’t breathe,” I huffed, pushing him off of me.

Zac rolled his eyes. “Sorry I wasn’t waiting for you by the entrance. Katherine actually made me escort some guys to their dorms,” He said a bit annoyed.

So this Katherine chick really must be annoying to have Zac making that agitated look.  He looks at Aaron and lets him know he’ll escort me to my dorm. Aaron agrees and tells him where my dorm is located.

Before Aaron left he gives me one last look. “We still need to finish that game,” He reminded me.

I giggled. “Yeah, yeah I know!”

“Good,” He smiled. “See you around,” He passed by me and walked down the opposite direction from where we were going.

For a moment Zac stares at me giving me his stink look. I call it his stink look because if you look at him good enough he looks like he smells crap, but it’s his he knows something is up face.  I waited for him to tell me what he was thinking, he normally speaks his mind, but he kept quiet this time.

He took hold of the suitcase Aaron left and takes me to my dorm. Even with Aaron being gone students were still staring at me. At this point I was feeling really uncomfortable. I thought maybe it was because I was the new student, but I knew something was up.

"Why do they keep looking at me like that?" I finally had the courage to ask Zac.

He has been here longer than I have, he must know why they are staring at me. I made sure I didn’t have something on my face, or my teeth. My hair was looking finding, and I wasn’t causing a scene. So in reality I couldn’t think of a reason why they were acting like owls, moving their eyes with me as I passed by.

"You walked in with Aaron Taylor," He said coolly.

"So what?" I semi-yelled, not understanding what that’s supposed to mean.

"He's a Pretty Boy,"

I stopped walking staring at him confused. What in the hell was a Pretty Boy? It had to be a code name for a group or something. I don’t think a guy would be calling another a pretty boy. And if I wasn’t wrong the last time I heard a pretty boy was a guy who maintained his image very clean.

Zac turned around smirking at me amusedly. "You my lovely sister, just turned into Aaron Taylors interest,"

"And I'm guessing that's bad," I muttered.

He shrugs. “It really depends on how you see it,” He began to say. “First off, Aaron Taylor doesn’t find any girl interesting, and that should make you feel scared,”

He didn’t have to say that again. My stomach had completely flipped upside down. I, Zariah McCalister, the girl who nearly puked in an airplane, was the interest of a Pretty Boy. Whatever that exactly meant, I was terrified.

**

Gah it's only been one chapter and it almost has one thousand reads yay:D

thank you to everyone who has given my book a chance it means the world too me muffins:D

Comment

Vote

Fan

Share

G.V<3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
5.2K 149 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
711 84 17
'' We got in '' Kara said , shocked '' We got in?'' Olivea asked , looking up at Kara '' Yeah , we got in at HARVARDS UNIVERSITY girl !!'' ''...
27.1K 866 45
"You'll know Carson Grey when you see him" No girl can resist his charms and good looks, but not Aria...or so she thought. COMPLETE *TRIGGER WARNING...