Trust Me

By theHygge

~c o m p l e t e d~ We were jumped. It wasn't the first time. The city was rough, and we had grown up in it... More

Trust Me
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Thoughts
Madder Than a Wet Hen
Sports Bras, Spandex, and Ice Water
Four Wheelers Aren't for City Girls
Sorry Reminder, Sorry Escape
The Sin Wagon
Everybody's Hero
Stars and Perfect Potraits
Even You, Brutus?
A Not-So Cinderella Story
Kiss and Make Up
Perfect
Kisses and Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Surreal
The Dark Side
I'm Not a Vegetarian
With Every Beat Of My Heart
Raise Hell
Pass The Ammunition
Ripped, Torn, and Shattered
I Love You, Okay?
Only Hate the Road When You're Missing Home
Where Ever I Am(epilogue)

Cranky Ken and Bitchie Barbie

3.3K 161 10
By theHygge

♥♥♥Here's the next chapter, hope you guys like it. I think you should be excited for the next chapter. It's a good one;)♥♥♥

Levy's P.O.V

“I cant swim.”

“I’ve seen you.”

“That was a miracle. Once in a lifetime, you know?”

“You’re going.”

“I don’t wanna!” Liam whined, looking down at Maria with a pleading look on his face. I looked over at Quinn and stuck a finger gun in my mouth, then squeezed the imaginary trigger. She rolled her eyes,  a smile flickering around her full lips.

Maria wasn’t budging. She put her hands on her hips and looked around.

“We are all going to have fun. This is Sully’s birthday, and if this is what he wants, then this is what he gets. So suck it up, put on your big boy panties, and get in the damn car.” She said in a stern voice, pointing to the sin wagon. I saw Quinn make a face out of the corner of my eye. It had already been said that the twins would be riding with us, and it was non-negotiable. It basically meant an hour and a half of constant bickering and bad jokes.

The twins skulked away just as Sully bounded down the stairs, his blonde hair flying. Josie was right on his heels. Sully had a superman towel wrapped around the back of his neck, and brand new blue and red swim trunks, along with a raggedy t shirt. He had never been to a waterpark, and if it weren’t for the fact that I had, then it would have been cute to see him and Josie so excited.

Max wandered into the room and grabbed Josie, swinging her up so he was holding her by the ankles upside down.

“You got any money, brat?” he asked, shaking her a little. We all knew he was just picking on her, but Josie was not seeing the humor.

“Mom!” she squealed, and Maria gave Max a death look.

“Put your sister down and get in the car.” She instructed. Max made a face when she turned her back, but did what she asked and lead Josie and Sully to the minivan he would be sharing with his parents. I almost felt bad for him. But then I remembered we had the twins to deal with.

Maria saw me and Quinn still standing there, and gestured for us to get out the door, quickly. Quinn sighed but headed for the sin wagon. The twins were already fighting.

“Listen up, numb nuts. If you fight the entire way, understand that I will shave you’re furry red eyebrows off in your sleep.” Quinn warned as we approached. The twins looked at each other and shrugged.

“My eyebrows are really more of a reddish brown.” Nicco said, then got in the car when Quinn gave him a look.

“Shot gun!” Liam barked, trotting around to the other side of the car. Quinn looked in at Nicco with a mild expression of distaste. I didn’t like the idea of riding next to Liam either.

“No way, ladies choice.” I said, jerking my thumb towards Quinn. Liam scowled as Quinn smiled triumphantly and ran around to the other side and hopped in, slamming the door in his face. I got in next to her as Liam put his hands on the edge of the window and leaned down so he could look at me.

“Gettin’ real tired of your shit, Grimmer. Real tired.” He said, then got in the back next to his brother.

I shook my head, and out of the corner of my eye saw Quinn smiling at me. She had a pretty smile. I couldn’t help smiling back.  She turned away and looked out the window as Mark and Maria’s van pulled out. I turned the key, and the sin wagon coughed, sputtered, then roared to life. I patted the dash board affectionately. One of the twins muttered something not so nice in the back seat. Quinn  twisted around in her seat and grinned smugly at them. They scowled back at her.

“Hi, boys.” She said cheerfully. They glared and looked out their windows as we pulled out of the driveway behind Mark and Maria. Quinn kicked off her sandals and put her feet on the dash board, putting her long tan legs on display.

Eyes on the road, Grimmer, I reminded myself.  This was going to be a long day.

                                            *************************************

The twins were fighting. We were almost done with the trip, the waterpark was only about ten minutes away, and Quinn had her hands pushed against her ears in an attempt to drown out their loud bickering. I looked over at her, and she scowled back.

“Having fun yet?” I teased, and she rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, this is the best.” She said dryly. I chuckled and glanced in the cracked rear view mirror at them. They were right in each other’s faces, scowling and yelling at each other. Again. I wasn’t even entirely sure what it was about this time.

“I’m going to drown them when we get there.” Quinn grumbled, running a hand through her hair.

“Can I help?” I asked, and she almost cracked a smile. Then Liam yelled exceptionally loud.

“If you two do not shut up within the next thirty seconds, I am going to go back there, knock your stupid heads together, and leave you on the side of the road to die.” Quinn yelled, twisting to look at them. They stared at her, looked at each other, then shrugged and leaned back in their seats.

“Could have just asked.” Nicco grumbled. Quinn took a deep breath and rubbed her temples. Everything was silent for a moment.

“Does anyone want to sing ‘ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall’?” Liam asked.

We all screamed no at the same time.

Thankfully, the sign for the water park came into view just then, before Liam could launch into the first verse, and I took an intentionally sharp turn to follow the van. Nicco cracked his head off the window.

“Oops.” I said, smiling a little. He glared at me through the mirror but didn’t say anything else.

The water park was worse than I had imagined. Children were screaming, parents were corralling their children, many of which were crying. The ground was wet, and air smelt strongly of chlorine. A women with two boys walked past,

“Are they on…a leash?” Quinn asked as we walked towards the van, parked a few rows ahead of us. I looked at the kids walking past, and sure enough, the father had them on one of those harness leash things with a little money back pack on the back part. The child was straining at the end of it like a rabid dog. I nodded.

“Yup.”

“Great.”

As we approached the van, one of the doors flew open, and Max flopped out, gasping as if he had been under water for a very long time. Sully and Josie bailed out after him, laughing loudly, clearly bouncing on a sugar high. Great. Mark and Maria got out next, and they looked a little irritated, but not bad. Liam patted Max on the shoulder, and Nicco raised an eyebrow as Sully and Josie started chasing each other around the car.

“Why are they running around like a cheetah on speed?” Nicco asked, and Maria grimaced.

“We went to a Dunkin Donuts.” Max answered grimly. I snorted and shook my head. That had been poor planning on their part.

“All right, lets get this show on the road!” Mark said, trying to be cheerful.  Quinn and I gave each other a look as we followed the group towards the main gates.

Welcome to Water Wonderland!! Flashed above as we walked in. Max looked over at me as we walked.

“This is hell, not wonderland.” He muttered, and I nodded. He had a point.

I had forgotten how long it had been since I left the city to live with Maria and Mark in their secluded mansion. The crowd startled me, the noise bombarding me from every angle. It made me jumpy and nervous, sending my senses into over drive. Quinn nudged me with her elbow.

“City boy lost his touch?” she asked teasingly. I relaxed and smiled a little at her, happy that she had been convinced to come. Yes, we had all been forced to come, but we all knew that no one “forced” Quinn to do anything. She didn’t respond well to be told what to do.

“Relax, this place is solid. Trust me.” She said, her arm brushing against mine. I nodded. She was right, of course. Old instincts were coming back to haunt me. Watch your back, keep your eyes open.

Somehow, a bunch of exhausted parents and over excited children didn’t seem to threatening. Yet it still managed to send my internal alarm system off.

Once we were in the gates, our weird blue wrist bands secured on our wrists, Maria gathered us all up.

“Alright, because I’m guessing none of you want to stick with Mark and I, we’re doing groups. Josie and Sully are with Mark, and I. Other than that, it’s up to you.” She said. The twins looked at Quinn and opened their mouths to speak.

“No.” she said, cutting them off before they could even ask if she wanted to be in their group. I was secretly happy. Liam and Nicco turned to  Max, who seemed to be weighing his options.

“Its either us, or Cranky Ken and Bitchie Barbie.” Nicco said, jerking his thumb towards Quinn and I.

“Hey!” Quinn said, offended at the nick name, but they ignored her. I smiled down at her, and she rolled her eyes.

“Hm…I’ll go with you two.” Max said after a moment. The twins high fived and stood on either side of Max, making him looking really tiny.

“Be back here in three hours.” Mark said, looking around at all of us. We nodded, and the twins along with Max disappeared. Josie waved to us as Mark and Maria followed her and Sully to the first ride. I was alone with Quinn, and suddenly, I wasn’t so sure I could trust myself not to do something stupid.

“Alright, lets do this.” She said, rubbing her hands together as if planning some diabolical scheme. I guessed it was possible that she actually was.

“Where to first?” she asked, looking up at me with her stormy gray eyes. I grinned.

“Food court.” 

She smiled back. “I like the way you think, Grimmer.” She said, and we headed off, following the scent of greasy foods.

                                                             ********************************

“Heaven.” Quinn said, popping another handful of French fries in her mouth. “Artery clogging heaven.”

I raised my eyebrow.

“Do you usually eat like this?” I asked, trying to think of all the meals with Maria and Mark. Quinn made a face and shook her head.

“Oh my god, no! They’d think I was a complete savage!” she said, feigning horror. I chuckled and shook my head, looking at the mound of plates and French fry containers in front of Quinn. It was impressive. She just shrugged.

“Gotta eat when you can get it.” She said, then paused in her feast. I knew she was remembering something, but I didn’t ask. She would either get mad or just shake it off. Besides, we were having fun. I didn’t want to spoil that. A small pout appeared on her full lips. It was adorable, and I had the sudden image of leaning across the table and kissing her. It seemed…natural. I shook my head and looked down at the cracked pavement.

Quinn sighed and tossed the container aside.

“How ‘bout some rides?” she suggested, looking non too thrilled at the idea. I raised an eyebrow.

“Isnt there like a rule? Like, no swimming for an hour after you eat?” I asked. Quinn snorted and waved her hand dismissively.

“Rules are for pussies.”

With that, she got up and left. I paused. “She has a point.” I muttered to myself before hopping up and following her.

                                                            ****************************

“That was a bad idea.” Quinn moaned, putting one hand on her head. She stumbled, and I stuck out my arm to catch her, then put her back on her feet. We had just come off a ride that swirled faster and faster, water spraying in every direction, plus there were tunnel bits that had strobe lights in them. Quinn looked a little pale, so we found a bench and sat down for a few minutes. I looked at my watch. Thankfully, it was almost time to go. Quinn had her head in her hands.

“Why did we go on that? It’s called Dizzy Drown. The name was warning enough.” She moaned. I chuckled and rubbed her back. She sat up and took a deep breath.

“Alright, let’s go. I need to move. Or throw up. One or the other.” She said, looking at me. I stood up and offered my hand.

“I choose A.” I said, and she smiled a little, then took my hand got up.

It wasn’t for a few moments that I realized we were still holding hands, even though Quinn was looking pretty steady on her feet. But I wasn’t arguing, and neither was she. I realized I was smiling like a dork, and tried to compose myself. Since when was I a lovesick moron?

Never, since never.

Just kidding.

Since the day I met Quinn.

♥I just wanted to tell you guys reading this really quick that I cant tell you how much I appreciate all the support and feed back I'm getting on this. It means a lot to me:)♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1.2K 38
Befriending Zed and Jasmine could be the best or worst thing Suzanne has ever done. Nothing is what it seems with her two friends, and as Suzanne fin...
374 90 18
Asher D'Angelo. A cold heart breaker but a sweet loving person from the inside once you get to know him. Asher is struggling with school so he asks...
106K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...
27.8K 1.4K 112
NEW UPDATED EDITTED VERSION ON MY PROFILE!!!! THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT, OFFICIAL EDITTED VERSION IS BEING PUBLISHED UNDER THE OTHER HER ONLY CHANCE...