Draco's Undying Love - Dramio...

By AlwaysDramione

Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger? Impossible some would say but nothing is impossible. True love always conq... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
The Novella/Sequel

Chapter Two

100K 2.3K 3.1K
By AlwaysDramione

Draco could feel the stares at the back of his neck as he stood with his mother on platform 9 3/4. Narcissa looked around the platform while Draco tried not to turn around to see who was staring at him. He could sense it. During the war, his sense had become a lot better than usual.  The stares were burning a hole into his neck and back. It was a feeling that he didn’t like very much.

‘Be good at Hogwarts, Draco. You are Head Boy after all,’ said Narcissa with a hint of pride in her voice. Draco wondered how many people she had boasted to about that fact. He found himself wondering if any of them even cared that he was Head Boy.

‘Yes,  Mother,’ said Draco, looking at her briefly before going back to trying to ignore the stares.

He knew there were a lot of people on the platform staring at him since they had heard he was Head Boy. Draco also knew that not many people thought that was a very good idea, including himself. He was extremely shocked to even be able to apply for the position since he never thought he would have got it. He let out a sigh. Sure, others were staring at him but this feeling was more intense.

Draco couldn't take it any longer so he turned around and connected eyes with the girl he loved. He fell into the deep brown eyes and couldn't look away from them. Hermione’s eyes were staring right back at him. She waved and tried to smile companionably since they would be Head Boy and Girl together. Draco nodded and felt weak and helpless just because of a simple wave.

Draco couldn’t believe he felt this way just because she waved at him. He loved her so much he couldn’t grip onto his feelings. They seemed to slide out of his grip for everyone to see. He might as well declare his undying love right now on this platform and hope that he just die of embarrassment since Hermione would never return the feelings.

How could the Slytherin prince be in love with the Gryffindor princess?

After all those years of mocking her and annoying her, Draco felt nothing towards her and now he couldn't take his eyes off of her. He stared at her noticing each and every movement she made. When Mrs Weasley talked to her, she would turn around and slightly raise her eyebrows in a gesture of respect and intent listening. She wrung her hands together and kept them at her stomach as Ron kissed her and Draco gritted his teeth. Her chin pointed out slightly making her jaw look fuller. Her eyes lined with eyeliner making them look wider and beautiful. Her lips were a maroon shade and she was wearing a red shirt and jeans.

 Simple but she stood out to Draco in the largest of crowds.

---

Hermione’s POV 

Draco abruptly turned around to face her almost as if someone had called his name. Hermione and Draco stared at one another: brown eyes on the grey, grey eyes on the brown. After a few seconds, Draco's eyes widened as though he had just made a discovery. It was a rather comical sight and Hermione tried to smile, lifting one hand up hesitantly and waving at him. There was no reason to not be civil. He wasn’t exactly giving her dirty looks. Draco nodded, still staring at her and Hermione sighed.

Would he be the same as before? Would he call her a mudblood? She didn’t know but she felt her stomach twist at the thought of sharing a cabin with him. What if it was awkward? It would most definitely be awkward.

‘Hermione, dear, let one of the boys take your trunk,’ Mrs Weasley insisted, one hand on the handle of Hermione's trunk, ‘you don’t need to do the had work!’

Hermione turned her head quickly, afraid that Ron would catch her staring at Draco. She didn’t know why but Ron didn’t like her looking at other boys. He was always jealous and she didn’t appreciate that. Did he think she would be unfaithful? She had never been unfaithful.

‘Sure thing, Mum, I'll take it,’ Ron said, picking up the trunk and swiftly kissing Hermione's cheek as she shyly looked down, aware of Mrs Weasley standing there, then walking towards the steaming train.

Hermione smiled and said thanks as he walked away. He waved to her in a ‘no problem’ sort of way. Harry said his goodbyes to Mrs Weasley, who had always been a mother figure in Harry’s life and treated Harry like she treated all her sons. Harry turned red as Mrs Weasley hugged and kissed him, still not used to her. Hermione didn't think he would ever get used to being cared for, as he had no parents. But from the Weasley family, he got as much love as a Mother and Father would give him.

Hermione also got a kiss and a hug. Mrs Weasley congratulated her on becoming Head Girl, her smile planted on her face proudly. Even Hermione was treated like a daughter and Hermione really liked Mrs Weasley’s motherly hugs. The train sounded and Hermione and Harry started to board the train, finding an compartment. They sat with Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna.

Leaning against the train windows, they waved one last goodbye as the train pulled out of the station. Hermione turned around to face Neville and Luna, who were smiling at seemingly nothing and were holding hands. They had been going out over the summer. Neville had finally told Luna how he felt for her. Hermione was very happy about this as she thought they were perfect together.

Hermione dug out a book from her backpack, her nose immersed into the Standard Book of Spells Grade 7. She was oblivious to the others and their conversations which usually happens when she opens up a book.

‘Imperturbable- Creates a magical barrier on a target object, such as a door, to prevent eavesdropping. The target object is said to have.........’ Hermione read to herself.

‘Hermione... HERMIONE!’ The voice shouted, making her jump and drop her book.

‘Really, Ronald?! Can't you see I'm reading?’ Hermione fumed, picking up her book from the train floor and glared at it book angrily like it was the book’s fault for falling.

Someone coughed quietly, making her aware of their presence, and she looked up and saw that someone else had entered their cabin. Not just someone. The boy had white blonde hair and grey eyes which anyone could get lost into. Draco Malfoy.

‘Sorry to bother you,’ Draco said, staring at Hermione, half sat and half upright, ‘but Professor McGonagall has required us to come to her office...’

Hermione was taken aback by the formality and also by Draco's non use of the word 'Mudblood'. She wanted to stop time and just stare at the greyness of his eyes. They really were beautiful. Like flashes of light and dark grey – mostly dark – were entwined to make his eyes. Now she truly understood why girls fell for him. His eyes and hair and that perfectly cut jaw...

‘Yeah,’ Hermione coughed, awkwardly stowing her book away, ‘sure.’

Ron's eyes were fixed on Hermione as soon as Draco had entered the cabin as though he suspected something. Hermione glanced at him, wishing he wouldn’t say something stupid and regret it and then refuse to apologise. As usual.

Ron got up and kissed Hermione, and quietly whispered, ‘I love you.’

Draco narrowed his eyes very slightly, his heart nearly exploded watching the sight in front of him. He couldn't understand how a person could watch someone they love, love someone else. It was entirely impossible!   Draco had to restrain himself from shouting as Hermione kissed him back and then with a glance at Draco, marched out of the cabin. Draco shot Ron a dirty look, not waiting to see his reaction. He walked out after Hermione and kept a little behind her as they both headed to the front of the train quietly, entering a door to Professor McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall gestured for them to sit in the huge seats in front of her desk. The train rocked slightly but the desk and seats didn’t move an inch. Draco watched as Hermione sat, placing her hands nervously on her lap. He tore his eyes away from her and looked up to McGonagall.

‘Now, I hope you understand why you have been chosen as Head boy,’ Professor McGonagall flicked her eyes at Draco and then at Hermione, ‘and Head Girl.’

‘Yes, about that. Professor, after all I've done in the past... Why would you give me Head Boy?’ Draco asked curiously, interrupting McGonagall and aware that Hermione’s eyes flickered to him.

He was genuinely curious. He shuddered every time he thought of the bad things he had done. Had been forced to do. He actually trembled as he thought of how he nearly killed Professor Dumbledore. He couldn’t believe he had been that stupid and afraid but he did what he had to, to protect his family. Especially his mother.

Professor McGonagall stared at Draco sitting in front of her and almost looked at him with pitiful eyes. Yes, even she thought that Draco deserved a second chance and that was obvious from her eyes.

‘Everyone deserves a second chance, but not a lot of people get one,’ McGonagall said, pursing her lips, ‘you're a good person, Mr Malfoy, and will turn out to be a great leader. The Head Boy position is what you need to grow as a person and a responsible citizen of magic. Be warned that second chances do not come so often.’

Draco stared at her for a while as Hermione sat in silence looking down at her hands folded on her legs. Second chances do not come so often, he repeated in his mind. He would have to keep that at the very front of his mind. Draco nodded once and sat back in his seat, letting McGonagall talk.

‘Now...’ McGonagall started to tell them about their duties.

Draco tried his best to listen but he kept zoning out to his own thoughts. Professor McGonagall believes he can change, and he should. Wizards should not be separated by blood status. He would change... for Hermione. He loved her but knew of her opinion regarding himself. She wouldn’t think about him even as a friend if he was the way he was before.

Most of his thoughts included the beautiful girl sitting right next to him, as she started playing with a beautiful ring on her finger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 153 19
After the war, everyone returned to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry to finish their final year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is now head...
2.9M 69.7K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...
25.7K 503 29
Hermione and Draco has been childhood friends, but when Lucius, Draco's father,erased Hermione and Draco memory and make her thinks that she's a Mudb...
476K 10.6K 30
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger met before they started at Hogwarts and became friends. But this was before Draco knew Hermione's blood status and...